All Comments on 'Edge of Reason Ch. 01'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
verbicideverbicideabout 10 years ago
I laughed and laughed

"Isn't that illegal?" This is a lawyer who has blackmailed judges, bought of plaintiffs and subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) threatened peoples' health and well-being if they didn't play ball and NOW, when she's actually representing someone who isn't a complete piece of crap, she's worried about legalities? This woman's moral compass is so far askew I doubt anything could redeem her. Excellently written though. Heather is a character I never fail to loathe and that takes good writing. Usually I am so bored with the carelessly evil and repugnant by the end of a story, I can't dredge up any real feelings. Heather feels real. She definitely encompasses Shakespeare's lawyer who will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

And she deserves it so very much. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I don't understand the appeal

But then, I didn't understand the fuss about the Sopranos, either. Heather is so repulsive that I stopped reading before I got to anything interesting or sympathetic. You write beautifully - but I don't like reading porn about sociopaths.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Interestinjg story

When I first saw the title of the story, it got my attention. A lawyer who hates herself but wants a chance to make things right. Continue the story. This is interesting and I can't wait to see how the story ends and if the lawyer will end up with her client permanently.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
I Hope Chapter Two Comes Soon!

At first I was a little confused, from the Intro I thought we were going to follow an alternate timeline where she WASN'T a corporate shark.

I may be in the minority, but I do find Heather oddly sympathetic. Life's curves threw her onto a career path that she didn't want, and probably wishes she hadn't taken.

She obviously doesn't like doing what she feels she has to do, and has a lot of self-hate from it.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesabout 10 years ago
Effortless

I have not read the previous stories with this character, and I like that I was able to pick up this story and follow along without feeling like I was missing any major information. This story can stand on its own.

The context of this story (courtroom drama) is not one I normally seek out, and so it speaks well for the author that I was sucked into the plot and interested in the characters right away. The reading was effortless: I was able to slip into watching the story in my head rather than be aware of making an effort to read, which for me is a sign of good writing.

The characters are flawed and complex like human beings are supposed to be and this is good because, unless we are being very dishonest with ourselves, I think most of us can relate to being a bag of contradictions which we have not entirely integrated.

I'll be staying tuned for chapter two...

Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 10 years ago
Make this second chapter fast

And make it good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

For your edification, you can't get a jnov in a criminal trial.

IshwordIshwordabout 10 years ago
so good

Thıs ıs so good, u're a wınnıng wrıter already

Am anxıous , let chapter 2 be ready abeg

Arago007Arago007about 10 years ago
So dark...

I almost didn't read this once I knew it was Heather. The end of Moira has haunted me. Her story is compelling so I am giving you one more chance to pull it together... It doesn't have to be HEA, though honestly, what she has put herself through makes me think she deserves some peace.

Seriously well written, thought provoking and yes, haunting. The sex is such a side note, but hot as hell all the same.

delightdawndelightdawnabout 10 years ago

Glad to see more of Heather. It is easy to make her the bad guy and be turned away by her behavior, but she has confounding depth, turmoil and pain that it makes it worth reading. Cannot wait to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm hooked

Not a lawyer

But I am a grass roots political activist and understand public versus private negotiations

Looking forward to future chapters

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 8 years ago
Exceptional Work

3rd story in a row, uninterrupted. That's rare. Excellent protagonist.

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
Another wonderful story!

Bravo! Very well done, and it's only part one! Thank you!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Good Base

You've set a good foundation for the story. Well presented and I'm looking forward to reading part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No doubt

American English is NOT your primary language. It shows.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
2 id Quixote

As a lawyer I fine the story at least more than a little improbable. But it is very well done indeed, with just one legal gaffe about the prosecutor moving for a judgment notwithstanding the verdict. That can be done in civil cases but no prosecutor would make that motion, nor would it be entertained.

I do not think, at this moment, that I shall read the second part. I could only diminish the impact of the first part. But, If I change my mind....I shall let you know.

princess82008princess82008over 5 years ago
Amazing!!!!

Is it because I always like stories with cops and Lawyers or is it because you are an outstanding writer. I can't seem to get enough of your stories. Thanks a lot for sharing your talent with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gosh, stunning, you do tell stories that make amazing reading but the details are so hard. Thanks for this series and the others about Heather.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

The public prosecutor's office is investigating a child molester and child murderer, screwed everything up and such a perverted creep should get the injection but he is free .... And now THIS public prosecutor's office wants to rehabilitate itself for its mistake with the mother and plays a perverse game on the same level as the child murderer .... Perfidious ..... when mobsters kill each other, ok, hopefully there will be justice in this case

Wow what a chapter extreme intense ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
1138 Followers
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES