Eirin Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
meg1
meg1
602 Followers

How had she misjudged him? Melissa started pacing, trying to figure out what to do next. Before long there would be no way she could hide her condition, then it would be too late for her to find a husband. She looked around at the mess she had made wishing she could find more things to throw and break. Then she was sorry she had broken all of the beautiful things. She needed money and she could have easily sold quite a few of these pieces for enough money to get her through the near future.

That's what she really needed was money. If she could get to France or Italy, she could claim to be a widow then no one would question the lack of her virginity. She wouldn't keep the baby of course. A baby was only a nuisance and she had never had any interest in being a mother. Of course she knew she would have to one day, because her husband would want an heir. After she gave him one, however, she never intended to have another.

Money was of course the real issue. That brought her thinking to Eirin. Damn her. Her solicitor had started refusing to give Phillip her allowance until he could see her. Phillip had put him off for the last two months but the man said he would not be put off again. Either they would bring Eirin to him so he could check on her well-being himself, or they would never get anymore money.

This was all Eirin's fault. She had never once tried to help them. They had come and taken care of her after her father had died and given her guardianship, and how did she repay them? She had a solicitor who refused to pay her allowance. Well, there was only one answer to that. Eirin would need to replace the money she had taken from them by the fact that they couldn't get her allowance.

Melissa was starting to feel calmer. She knew where Eirin had gone; if she would not agree to meet her solicitor personally, then she could raise the money for Melissa herself. Catastrophe averted. She was relieved she wouldn't have to tell Phillip. He had become increasingly upset in the last week. Their allowance had run out in the middle of the last month; he had gambled in several games on credit assuming that he could pay it off at the first of the month. When they hadn't received anymore money, Phillip had had to ask for extensions from people that didn't normally give them.

Melissa smoothed down her skirt and started making her way to the door. She felt so much better now that she had a plan. She knew it would take some time to get everything planned so she could go, but she hoped she could be at Lord Hawthorn's house within a couple of weeks.

meg1
meg1
602 Followers