All Comments on 'Elaine'

by Kirk482002

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
firstkntfirstkntover 20 years ago
great story

hmm, I'm running out of words to describe the kind of warm fuzzy feeling after reading your stories... I'll just say, "they're great, and please keep up the good work!"

apple3141apple3141over 20 years ago
Rescuing "Maidens"

I know that there are a lot of guys who, like myself, have an absolute favoutite fantasy, which involves rescuing Maidens in distress - and then living happily ever after. I have called it the "Perseus Complex" and it is a darn sight sweeter than Oedipus. Elaine is a pretty good example. It is very important that the Perseus does not take unfair advantage of the fair Andromeda. I think, making Elaine slow but not stupid, is an interesting variation: it makes not taking advantage a little more difficult. I am curious as to why Elaine was not allowed children of her own. Perhaps you were nervous that they might be even slower?

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Be nice to people it pays.

Ecellent sotry of ture compassion and real intelligence.

X_BishopX_Bishopover 20 years ago
It was a great story.

Loved the story. I wish you had given Richard some personal payback. It might have been interesting to hear the dialogue between the two brothers when he found out little brother proposed. That he went to jail is a good ending for him. Great story. Looking forward to more.

Read ya later

Bishop

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
really great.

done a great job and keep itup to this level.

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
knights in shining amour

this story was fantastic...i love storys like these because i to have been in that situtuation and have a great knight who rescued me and loves me the same today or more as he did at first sight

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Without Pretense

What a touching love story without any of the self doubts and insecurites that usually inhabit this genre. The main character has the enviable ability to see Elaine as a loving human being. Thank you.

dsidedsideover 20 years ago
There is caring in this world

I don't know why Bishop gave you only a 50 on this story because I thought it was great.

Don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Really good story

This story really worked well for me. It's a good thing that someone that can write erotica can still write about a critical social issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
wonderful

What a wonderful love story. Please write more.

SalamisSalamisover 19 years ago
Tender Mercies

This is the most unlikely love story I've ever read, and it was simply wonderful! You gave us Elaine, told us she was 'slow' and then defied all preconceptions about her, and made her into a multidimensional human being...just like the rest of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
maybe the best

I've read a lot of stories all my life,and for some reason I keep coming back to this one and a few more.Elaine just fills my heart for some unknown reason.All I can say is

Thank You.

GhostbearGhostbearabout 19 years ago
After today's submission

I decided to read more of your stories. This one warmed my heart. Being adopted myself, I liked the ending. More people who cannot have children should decide to adopt.

This was one great story. Thank you.

SpykkeSpykkeabout 19 years ago
I like your style

Its so good to read an author with a similar style and approach to myself. I love the bitter-sweet blend of pathos and happiness. I like any story which both makes you smile and leaves a tear in the eye.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A very good story on a sad subject.

I don't know if any part of your life helped in wtiting this or not, but it seemed very real in your depiction of Elaine. I've seen it happen to a friend of mine and the suffering she went through before finally leaving her husband. Too bad there aren't enough 'Daves' out there in the world.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
A Really Great Story

Kirk482002 i understand what you were talking about in your story i went to those schools special education i never went to college either but i made it thru high school im glad for Elaine and im sorry that she couldnt have kids i will give it 500 it was a great story David should have turned him into the police with an anonymous call then richard would have never known who turned him in .

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
So real

The best thing about this story is that it's very believeable. Real people in real life. Good job!

Fighting41Fighting41almost 13 years ago
A Very nice Story

It is so nice to find a story in the LW section that truly lives up to the title description

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

This was a thoroughly enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A little sad...

Yet at the same time a feel-good kind of story.

I get the feeling the ending was just a little truncated, but to tell the truth it couldn't have ended any better.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

a bit of a fairy tale. but good and bad. I mostly agree with the previous anon, but wish his brother could have had his just deserts, being used, and abused, as he did with everyone he was with. I don't believe that justice was served. I have always been of the opinion that the victim should state the punishment, not some political hack job. who knows better the devastation caused by the perpetrator, than the victim.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 8 years ago
Tech point

Supplemental Security Income payments known as SSI, first started in January 1974. In short she could not have been getting SSI while living with the older brother. Also the basic SSI payment in Jan. 1974 for a single individual was $140.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Nice story

It was entertaining and to a fair degree realistic.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Shoulda

Little Bro shoulda taken a ball bat to big Brother when he wasn't looking.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous