Electricity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh I'm so glad to hear that. I'm sure your granddaughter will have a lovely time in Europe after graduation. That's just like you to treat her to something special. You're always so thoughtful. I'm sorry, would you excuse me a moment?" Joy didn't want to have to do some sort of awkward introduction where she had to admit she had no idea what Richard's last name was.

"Of course dear," the donor patted Joy's arm before heading off towards the bar. That left her all alone for a brief second, in that sea of people. In the next moment Richard was beside her, smiling as they leaned in and gave one another a quick hug in greeting.

"Heya." His tan looked amazing framed by the light blue dress shirt under the dark suit. Joy couldn't remember the last time she'd seen a computer guy with a tan. Clearly Richard wasn't the kind of man you could easily pigeonhole. His shirt matched his eyes perfectly; those eyes that seemed to be a little bluer every time she looked into them. She was half way to mesmerized with how the lobby lights were glinting off his blonde hair when she realized she'd been so caught up in enjoying the sights in front of her she still hadn't greeted him back.

"Hi," Joy smiled, hoping she wasn't blushing or anything ridiculous like that. She was just about to ask him if he'd been to much opera before when someone else came up to her to say hello. She smiled apologetically to Richard before she greeted the board member. Time and again, whenever they almost had a chance to say something to each other, they were interrupted by someone needing Joy's attention. He stood back, sipping a drink he'd slid off at one point to get, and just watched her. She tried with varying degrees of success to avoid constantly looking over at him around whom ever she was talking to at the time. She didn't want to appear rude. Yet it was like he had his own gravitational pull. She was so drawn to him. It would have been unsettling if it hadn't felt so natural.

Eventually the lights were dimmed quickly three times, the familiar digital bells peeled and the announcement was heard that "Curtain time is in two minutes. Two minutes to curtain. Please take your seats." Joy extricated herself from the couple she'd been speaking with and eased over to Richard. Slipping her arm through his playfully, she whispered, "Sorry about all that. Ready?"

"As you wish." His hand rested over hers tucked into the crook of his elbow. She felt a thousand little tremors shoot through her while she laughed outwardly at his reference.

"I love that movie," she shared.

"Me too."

They settled into their seats and she pointed out to him some of the musicians in the orchestra pit warming up and tuning their instruments. They were flipping through the program together, making small talk, when the lights dimmed and the musicians went quiet. The audience quickly followed suit as the curtain started to rise. Joy sat back into her seat and focussed on the stage. This was one of her favourite moments about her job. Enjoying the culmination of all the hard work. Letting go and allowing everyone else do their job while she just sat back. It was very rare that anything happened once a show started that she could really do much about immediately. She could relax a little. Appreciate the artistry and not worry about details.

As the overture continued, she went to place her arm on the chair rest, only to find Richard's already there. His other hand covered her retreating forearm and brought it back, laying it down on the now empty armrest. She glanced over at him, and smiled, almost giggling, to find him looking at her. She noticed that he didn't take his hand away from her wrist.

Joy dragged her eyes back towards the stage. She tried to take a long slow breath in through her nose without it being noticed by Richard. Her heart felt like it was racing. And while it was a pleasurable feeling, she felt a need to put herself in check. This wasn't like her. It usually took her ages to warm up to someone. It made her a little nervous despite, or maybe because of how comfortable she felt around him. She had to keep reminding herself to not get carried away. They probably had little in common anyways. He was a computer geek. She was an arts chick. Mind you, here he was, at the opera... Ok, that was enough of that. She had to pay attention to the show.

It was beautiful, better than it had been in rehearsal, and she was so pleased for the performers that it had gone well so far. Richard's hand had held her wrist the entire first act. She hoped he hadn't noticed the goose bumps that kept breaking out under his fingers. She could always blame it on the arias.

They made their way down to the lobby and he went off to the bar to get them each a glass of wine. He was halfway there when she remembered she was supposed to be buying him the drinks tonight, not the other way around, but was stopped by a patron before she got to him. He was back with the drinks just as she was wrapping up the conversation. Before anyone else could stop her she grabbed his arm, signalled to Sheila where she was heading over the crowd in the lobby in case anyone needed to find her for something and led him quickly through the throng. Making sure not to make eye contact with anyone. She punched in the security code and whisked him backstage. There was a park attached to the theatre, accessible only through the back areas. If any of the crew had slipped out for a smoke break, they'd be out behind the loading dock. Patrons didn't have access here. She knew they'd finally get to be alone.

Of course, she hadn't thought much past getting them out of the craziness of the lobby during intermission so as they stepped out into the cool night, her heels digging into the grass underneath her, she couldn't think of a thing to say. He saved the moment by teasing her that she owed him another round now and before long they were talking and flirting back and forth like old friends. They discussed where they'd each gone to school. How they'd ended up doing what they did now. When she found out the name of the company he owned she remembered having read about significant charitable donations that had happened over the years. It was clear he had a long and impressive track history of philanthropy so she finally didn't feel bad about him not letting her pay for the work he'd done earlier. Somehow they started talking about movies and he had her laughing again as they tried to remember quotes and one up each other with who could be the most obscure. He won. It amazed her how easily the conversation just flowed between them. She hated to do it, but, it would look horrible if she was seen sliding into the theatre after the curtain had gone up for the second act. She reluctantly glanced at her watch.

"I'm sorry," she said, genuinely meaning it. "But we should probably head back to our seats soon."

Now. She had meant to say 'now'.

His fingers found her wrist resting along her hip, and lifted it up towards him. He turned her hand over until he was looking at the face of her watch. Intently. She couldn't believe that her knees were melting over the way he was simply looking at the watch on her wrist. And she was completely unprepared for how soft his lips were as they pressed to the back of her hand.

It was such an overtly romantic gesture. She nearly swooned. Who WAS this guy? Who did these kinds of things now a days?

Joy was just about to say something, some light-hearted joke to diffuse the moment, when she suddenly felt the brick wall of the theatre's exterior pressing into her back through her blouse. Richard's hands had moved to her hips and he had pushed her backwards as he'd stepped into her.

"I never, ever do this," he said, his eyes blazing into hers. "And if you tell me to stop, I will - absolutely - but I am dying to kiss you right now."

"Wow," she purred back at him, inflecting her voice with just a trace of bemused sarcasm. "That's a really good line."

He chuckled. She giggled. His eyes were still flashing but his smile was back. He was playful once more, willing to go back to strictly flirting and keeping things polite if he had to.

"You're right, it is. I'll have to remember to use it again, some time. But right now, as cheesy as it sounds, I really do want to..."

He never got to finish his sentence. Joy's hands had somehow found their way to his shoulders and she'd pulled him into her as she leaned towards him. Their lips met with a blinding crush. His kiss was as firm as his handshake. Her legs were trembling. Every molecule of her ached to throw him down onto the grass and climb on top of him. Somehow she managed to resist that impulse and instead stayed standing there, feeling him press her into the wall. Feeling his fingers digging into her skin. Feeling the sparks that were passing between them, like lightening bolts.

That kiss was followed by another, softer one. They drifted apart after a lingering moment and their eyes locked, both of them lightly panting.

"We should go in, then," he whispered, smoothing some of her hair back off her face.

"Yeah," she whispered back, rubbing her lipstick off him with her thumb, her voice cracking like a traitor, "we should."

He tucked his arm around her waist and they headed back inside. She led him to the freight elevator and took him on a shortcut through back stage, up a non-public stairwell and out into the balcony again. They slid into their seats just as the lights started to dim and the orchestra began to play.

She tried to calm herself enough to watch the rest of the show. It wasn't easy though, with his fingers entwined with hers, his thumb rubbing across the underside of her wrist. She felt like she was in high school again, getting excited about holding someone's hand. Now when she looked over at him, and saw him looking back, she didn't feel like giggling. Instead, she smiled at the surge she felt deep in her stomach. It made it tricky to breathe. It was rather delicious.

They stood with the rest of the audience for the ovation. The performers looked rightly pleased with themselves as they acknowledged the applause. Joy settled back into her seat, Richard sitting down beside her, and they waited for the crowd to thin out a bit before working their way to the lobby. He busied himself reading the bios on the cast board while she said her goodbyes to various people. Keith gave her a wave on his way out for the night. It was still gorgeous outside and the crowd eagerly headed for the cool spring night, emptying the lobby quickly. Soon they were alone with only the clink of the glasses being cleared out of the bars by the theatre staff.

"So, want to see more of backstage?" She suddenly felt shy around him. Uncertain. She didn't often feel like that, being confident in so many situations and a part of her relished it. It was a relinquishing of sorts, to admit to herself how his smile made her feel.

"I'd love to. Lead on." He gestured with out swept arm, reminiscent of one of the baritone's dramatic exits earlier that night.

Joy giggled as her hand slid into the crook of his arm, so naturally, and they headed through the theatre. Only the blue reserve lights were still on, which always gave the back stage a certain energy. She pointed out some of the riggings, told him what she knew of the building's history, relayed old stories about the famous people who'd graced those same boards they were now walking across. She was telling him about some of the more notorious ghost stories - every theatre had ghost stories - when she felt his arm slip around her waist. She turned to him, questioningly, and was met with an answer in his eyes.

They stood there, in the wings, hidden from the cleaning staff already making their way through the rows of seats. The universe ground to a halt. There was no lack of electricity now. She could almost see the hum crackling around them. Like they could power the entire building with it. For a moment, she forgot to breathe.

Richard's hand reached up and his fingers grazed over her jaw, gliding around to cup the back of her head. She could feel his palm resting along the nape of her neck. He deftly undid her hair clip and she giggled with surprise at the gesture as her hair tumbled down around her shoulders. His chuckle in reply was warm, and deeper than before.

It was barely a pause, just enough time for a breath if either of them had remembered to do so, and then he was kissing her. She marvelled at how soft his lips felt when the kiss itself was so hard. She gasped into his mouth as his fist clenched a handful of her hair and their bodies pressed in against each other. Acknowledging their hunger. Her arms dragged up his and clasped behind his neck. He wrapped his free arm around her and pulled her towards him, growling into her mouth when she rotated her hips, grinding against him.

They stood there, locked together in the darkened wings, and took their time. Tongues slid back and forth. Lips were nibbled on. Hands roamed. Bodies pressed in tight and swaying together as though sharing a private soundtrack. She was already panting softly into his mouth when he eventually slid his hand in between them, brushing his thumb over her nipple through her blouse. She shivered and moaned into his mouth as he rubbed at her, making the lace of her bra scratch at the sensitive nub. Her thighs squeezed together and she could feel the dampness already. It made her press forward again, grind on him, confirm he was just as aroused as she.

"Joy..." his voice was deep and hoarse, with a gravelly quality to it.

Her eyes drifted open as they pulled apart just enough to share a gaze. A girl could drown in those eyes.

"Yes." She'd meant it to sound more like a question. Funny it hadn't come out that way.

"I'm going to see you again, aren't I?" He almost looked uncertain for the first time since she'd met him. It completely melted her.

"Yes..." Joy nodded as she repeated herself. Whatever this was, she wasn't going to let this be the end. It felt far too much like a beginning for that.

"I know you're going to be busy this week, what with the show and all, but after, I'd love to take you to dinner," he was smiling again. Her answer had reassured him.

"What, are you backing out of drinks tonight?" Her voice was teasing, taunting him. She couldn't resist the opportunity to flirt.

"Absolutely not. I just wanted something more to look forward to," he flirted right back with an overly sincere tone to his voice.

They stood there, a moment longer, their arms draped around each other, both of them smiling broadly.

"Well then," Joy somehow figured out how to use her legs again, and stepped back from him, "let's go have that drink."

"As you wish." They both laughed at what had already become an inside joke. She was grateful the breeze was cool as they stepped outside through the stage door.

"There's a couple of places around here, and I know a few in my own neighbourhood. Did you bring a car? Do you live far?" There she went, babbling again.

He chuckled as he told her he'd taken a cab, lived downtown, and would be happy with wherever she suggested. They hopped into her car and headed for one of her favourite lounges. Unfortunately, when they got there, they realized that a game must have just let out from the nearby arena. It was packed with celebratory hockey fans in play-off frenzy. Fun, but not the sort of atmosphere either of them was in the mood for.

"Well, this isn't such a good idea," Joy paused, thinking of where else to try, cursing the wasted time, thinking about that early morning.

"I forgot about the game too," he offered, smiling at her furrowed brow, chuckling as he watched her try to think of an alternate plan. "You know..."

His sentence died off and he got that flash in his eyes again.

"What?" she asked, sounding more breathless than she would have liked.

"I don't live far from here, just a couple of blocks. Over there." He pointed to a high-rise condo complex visible over the immediate buildings. "I think I've got a couple of bottles of wine on hand. We should be able to find something to suit us."

It was Joy's turn to hesitate. Forget the fact that she had the early morning, she barely knew this guy. True, he was Brent's friend. Keith had mentioned that. So he couldn't be a bad guy since Brent was so down to earth. And he owned a reputable company. Surely if he was some sort of serial killer it would have been in the papers. Still, you never know. Could be some sort of sexual deviant. He didn't look like a deviant though. Then again, she supposed they never do. Mind you, he'd given her no indication he was anything other than a gentleman. It had been her who'd leaned in for that first kiss, technically. Besides...she wanted to. She wanted to say yes to him.

"That sounds lovely," she managed, her smile soft.

He slipped his jacket off and slid it over her shoulders, tucking his arm around her waist as he led her off. They talked during the brief walk, discovering more about each other with every step. They both loved to go cycling and made vague, tentative plans. They both loved to travel. She wishing she had the means to get away more often. He, seemingly not with the same problem, relating some of his favourite vacation spots. The increasing tension between them, attraction growing with each moment, was palpable as they rode the elevator up to his floor. She felt a surge of butterflies as he turned his key in the lock and let them both in, holding the door open for her. Still a gentleman.

She took in his condo, his home, as he headed into the kitchen for the wine, some glasses and a corkscrew. "In there or out on the balcony?" he called out to her.

"Oh, the balcony, please. It's so nice out tonight." Fresh air would be good. It might cool her down enough so that she didn't throw herself at him.

"I was hoping you'd say that," his eyes twinkled as he came back into the room, juggling their supplies, and managed to somehow get the patio door open with out dropping anything. She stepped out first, and settled onto a cushioned bench that was against the wall, looking out on the lights of the city twinkling below them.

He poured the wine, but it sat untouched on a side table. The moment he sat down they instantly fell into each other again. They kissed, rocking together on the bench, jockeying to entwine their bodies. His hand was sifting up and down her spine and she was starting to feel light headed already. Her mind was racing, telling her this was crazy, she shouldn't be doing this, but regardless she felt her tongue pushing past his lips and into his mouth.

By the time his hand had slid up under her untucked blouse, she didn't care anymore. Didn't care if it was improper, if it would open her up to being vulnerable. She just wanted him. And wanted him to have her.

He expertly traced slow patterns over her stomach, her ribs, her back. His hand never ceased roaming all the time their mouths fed off each other. Her back arched as his palm rubbed under her breast, cupping it just above the wire in her bra. His fingers splayed out across her, making her writhe against him. Building the want in her.

Her own hands were exploring as well. Travelling over the muscles in his back, fingertips lingering over the outline of his toned abdomen, surprising her with just how solid he was. His skin was so warm. He was giving off heat, and it made her feel a tremor deep in her core. She was finding it difficult to breathe again.

He was murmuring something so quietly she could barely hear it over her moans. "God, you feel so good...so soft..." His words made her flush. He had no need to flatter her now. She was practically clinging to him, sucking at his throat as he mauled her breast, his fingers finding their way in under the lace. She shivered as he delicately played with her aching nipple, and gasped when he surprised her with a tentative pinch. The fact that she didn't pull away, that she pushed into his hand, her back arching even more, made him dig his fingers into her flesh, squeezing, rubbing, twisting.