All Comments on 'Embracing the Tension Ch. 01'

by hudsbart

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes!

So glad the boys are back. This chapter was a great gateway for the reader to get reacquainted with Erik and Ryan and all of their unique character traits as well as showing how much has (and hasn’t) changed with time. Looking forward to the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finally, you are back with Erik and Ryan! Yay!

Editor of a psychology journal. That sounds right for Ryan. I can see where someone who has had sex on command might want to back away from casual sex.

But how does Erik survive? I forgot what he was studying. Did he get some kind of grant to do the film? Does he still live in NYC?

Can't wait for the rest of the story!

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 6 years ago
I say this with care

I don't say this lightly. You are one of the best writers I've read on the site, and I've read a lot. I say that as a good non-fiction writer. I don't mean that to brag. I mean I'm somewhat qualified to recognize talent and skill. As a decent non-fiction writer - and a terrible fiction writer- I'm in awe of your ability to create real people in a believable world. I was surprised that Ryan smiled so much and seemed so at ease with Erik, but I imagine some of that will become clear as the story progresses. The few outstanding writers make it possible to "enjoy" (sorta) the vast majority of horrible writing on the site. I say that with love for all the writers here and with some embarrassment, since I'm one of them. Thanks for writing. (Have you found Dayne's stories? He's one of the other excellent writers here.)

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 6 years ago
A little more

I'm also hoping that there will be an explanation in some form of why - since they are someone important to eachnother - why a chance encounter brought them back together. Would they never have connected again if not for what is essentially an accident? I hate that if it's the case. I think would be a betrayal of our boys' intense connection.

sm1982sm1982over 6 years ago
I had opened this story in a new mobile browser but..

I didn't realize this was your story about two of my favorite characters in a lit story until I was checking through the most recent stories. I am very pleased to see the return of Erik and Ryan and can't believe there was such a gap in-between their goodbyes and meeting up again in Toronto! Ryan had me holding my breath a few times from how reserved he was acting around Erik but I'm relieved to read he thinks Erik is the one worth being in a committed relationship with and of course he is!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yay back on board with these guys

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous