All Comments on 'Embracing the Tension Ch. 09'

by hudsbart

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Having lived there, I now wonder about your description of what it's like to live in NYC. I wonder if I too felt the need to walk faster, talk faster, be better than I would have felt elsewhere, without even realizing it. I guess some more introspection will be needed, but I must say I was at first startled by your description of life in NYC. Although, in Erik's career in film, I can see that mania happening. I love the story, your writing is evocative, hauntingly beautiful. I love Erik's POV.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Your writing is just so damn good. I always read the chapter first in GA and then read it again here. Wish I could buy your works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tearing me up!

I don’t like the way Rachel goes about things. She’s not wrong, obviously, she’s just... she lacks sensitivity. As you said, meddling. I’m afraid the meddling may force their hand into having a conversation they need to have but not _how_ they need to have it. As always, looking forward to more. I love them so much!

xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

God I love love love this story so much please update :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love your stories apart from

I hate Rachel, she honestly needs to say out of their business. I can't stand family members like that who constantly meddle in there lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Thank you for the chapter very realistic and down to earth I mean the description of the relationship is very close to real life relationships which is refreshing to me... The only thing that bugs me is the interfering of rachel in this chapter and the chapters preceding. Being worried about a family member doesn't accord us the right to give our opinion or butt in their private stuff such as relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Be Decisive

I don’t really like Erik character to be honest. I think he lacks decision making skill. He said he loved Ryan so much, more than anything yet he couldn’t even leave NY which is obviously not the only place that he can make his career thrive. NY is great but it’s not the only place to boost the career. The whole story revolves around NY too much.

joeoggijoeoggi9 months ago

Enough already Erik. Just suck it up and get the hell out of NYC.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous