Emotionless Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sarabi9
Sarabi9
55 Followers

Lauren needed some time to heal, she knew that. But the real reason she lied to everyone was because she was embarrassed, she didn't want anyone to know about last night. She didn't want Harper to know, but she had no choice. Lauren decided to take some time to herself for the next few days to gather herself and hide the wounds from everyone. She took the casserole out of the oven and fixed a plate. She placed the rest of the dish back in the turned off oven, so it would stay warm. She went back to the living room and sat at the couch to eat. She started watching "The Walking Dead" for the first time. She got hooked. After she finished eating, she laid back down on the couch. She must have watched four episodes because it was late when she finally got tired again. She dozed off again.

Lauren felt something tapping her shoulder as she awoke. She opened her eyes to see Harper standing there trying to wake her up.

"Hey let's get you to bed." Harper said softly in her scrubs.

Lauren grunted as she stood up and walked to the room with Harper. Harper helped her lift off her shirt and change her bandages before putting her to bed. Harper got up to leave the room when Lauren whispered "You can sleep here with me if you want. I promise not to bite." She gave a weak smile.

"Okay. Let me change." Harper smiled.

She left and came back to the room with a large t-shirt and boy shorts on. She got in bed next to Lauren. Already asleep, Lauren rolled over and put her arm around Harper. Harper smiled and cuddled into Lauren. They stayed that way the rest of the night as they slept.

When Lauren woke up, Harper wasn't next to her. She listened carefully, she heard the shower. She got out of bed, putting on a shirt and sweat pants. She was feeling much better today, but still stiff. She went to the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal for each of them. By the time she sat on the couch to eat, she heard the bathroom door open. "Your cereal is on the bar." She said to Harper.

"Well, you're up early. Thank you." Harper came to the living room with her bowl.

They sat and ate. "How was work?" Lauren asked.

"It was okay. Few major injuries. More aggravating parents."

"I'm sure. Any plans today?"

"Well I was thinking, if you want me to stay for another day or two, I'll run home and grab some clothes. Then I can make us dinner if you want."

"Sounds good to me. My boss is giving me off the week."

"Well then, you feeling good enough to ride to my house with me? I'm sure you are tired of being cooped up here."

"Yeah, that's fine. I have to shower first."

"Okay, if you want. You can shower and when you get out I'll redo your bandages."

"Thank you." Lauren got up to go shower. She wasn't used to having someone take care of her. She had to admit, it was nice.

Lauren stepped under the hot water. It felt good against her tight muscles, but stung when it ran over her still opened wounds. She carefully bathed herself and got out. She wrapped her towel around her waist so she could brush her teeth. She saw her dirty clothes piled up on the floor. When her and Harper got back, she would wash them. Lauren went to her bedroom and sat on the bed. Harper was soon there to apply clean bandages. Once her wounds were dressed and Harper went back to the living room, she went to her closet and looked. She thought she was still too tender and sore to wear actual clothes so she put on an old shirt and another pair of sweatpants. She was barely able to get her shoes on.

"Ready." Lauren walked out to the living room dressed.

"Okay. Let's go." They locked up and got in Harper's car.

Lauren saw her motorcycle next to the car. She was glad nothing happened to it. But she wondered where her helmet and book bag were. She'd ask later. They took off and headed to Harper's. It took them twenty minutes to get there. She lived in a really nice apartment complex. It was probably the best one in town. Lauren had never been inside the gated community before. She was impressed, Harper must make pretty good money.

They walked up to Harper's door and then went in. They walked into a huge one bedroom flat. It was beautiful. Lauren looked at Harper then looked at the apartment. It definitely suited Harper. "Nice place."

"Yeah, it's pricey but my ex left me in the middle of the lease. So I'm here until it's up. She had expensive taste." Harper sighed.

"So I see." Lauren said looking around.

"You can sit in the living room if you want. I'm just going to pack a few things." Harper said walking to the bedroom.

Lauren walked to the living room. She saw all the photos of Harper and other people. She assumed the other people were family and friends, maybe coworkers. She knew this was how most people made their home's look. Like someone actually lives there and has memories. Lauren kept all her memories secret and in her mind. It had never bothered her, but she could tell Harper was the type to want to talk about everything. While she meant well, Lauren wouldn't like that much. Lauren knew that they probably would never be anything more than friends. Hopefully Harper knew that too.

Sarabi9
Sarabi9
55 Followers