All Comments on 'Empty Nesters Ch. 01'

by MindsMirror

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Read but please get an editor!

Really enjoyed the storyline, but the frequent misspellings detracted by disrupting the rhythm and flow. "effect" should be affect; "bare" should be bear, "heal" should be heel. And on and on and on,

See the pattern? Most computer spell check programs are not smart enough to catch homonym errors. There were far too many of these, to the point where this reader found it distracting and annoying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This was great, and not just as a first effort.

For the record, not one person in 10 knows that the quotation marks trump periods, commas, and the like. I write legal and technical stuff for a living and while I can and usually do place get the punctuation correct, I could not write a cool story like this one.

While everyone can make use of an editor, your prose is fine. I don't mean to "dis" the first couple of commenters, but they should be grateful for what they are getting.

I am not sure where the quote comes from, but if I were you, my reply to folks complaining about comma placement relative to quotation marks and other minor grammar issues would be: "up with this I will not put!"

Thanks for the enjoyable read.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 9 years ago
I'd like to read more about these two

How they handle the long separation when he goes back to the oil rig, and what about pregnancies.

She's only 44 years old, and could easily become pregnant with her brother's baby/

I hope to see more of this good story.

Thanks for the read

jdbjdjdbjdover 9 years ago
Words cannot express . . . .

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed your story. My only disappointment was finding that this is your only work on Literotica.

Pay know attention to ,Comma, ",Critic", and CapitaliZati0n CuM laudE: that there name(s) are Annie Nom Inus speaks volumes regarding their character. At least for me, when I am on Literotica it is the story that matters. Butt then agin; I am knot unperfect?!?"

Thank you and congratulations on a job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome!

Sexy as hell!

daytymerdaytymerover 9 years ago
Very good first story

I have to laugh at the language critics. English is one of the most difficult languages when it comes to spelling and sound. If you spell a word correctly spellcheck assumes you are using it correctly. I think some of the mistakes actually added to the story. When I read 'her nipples were taught' I immediately went down a side track wondering what they had learned. Can nipples be 'taught' to always be erect? Think on it. The errors in no way detracted from the story. I give you 4 stars and hope to see more from you in the future.

Daytymer

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a romantic love story,

these two have a long and happy life ahead of them.

I was confused several times on the first page. the time just didn't seem to flow. perhaps if you had introduced us to the two by telling who they were and how old they were at the very beginning it could have been better. we have a sketch regarding the parents. we know she left for university but got sidetracked. then six years later he leaves and is met with a similar fate. you tell us the age difference is 6 years. we jump back and forth in time. often with long gaps during which we know almost nothing about them. her visit to him following his divorce coincides with his 32nd birthday. as an aside we are told his son is 12, so he will only be responsible for child support for 6 years. then, following her own divorce 6 years later, she moves in with him, on his birthday.

from this pattern, I would guess that chapter 02 resumes 6 years in the future, on his birthday?

oldwayneoldwayneover 9 years ago
Loved the concept...

Not sure that six male orgasms are even possible in one day. WTF - 5 Stars!

P.LighthouseP.Lighthouseover 9 years ago
To oldwayne

"Not sure that six male orgasms are even possible in one day."

IT IS ! ! ! !

Now I'm going to read the story and then i'll write my comment.

Normally I read the comments before deciding if I read the story.

P.LighthouseP.Lighthouseover 9 years ago
* * * * * ! ! !

Nice story!

Friendship, involvement, respect, love, sex, lust... everything a couple needs to be happy!

Now they have a big problem... their children. Will they find out about their parents relationship? Will they accpet it well?

Please continue. This story deserves not to stop here.

Redwinger7Redwinger7over 9 years ago
Excellent start

to a good story. Liked how you led up to the re-kinled sex for sex with each other again and the way they both admitted their feelings. It wasn't dragged like in some stories. Would like to see it continue

ChasBChasBover 9 years ago
Agree wkith Redwinger7

A lovely love tail. Oops!

Corco763Corco763over 9 years ago
Kommt auch nach Franken

Eine Europareise ist eine sehr gute Idee. Ihr scheint ein nettes Paar zu sein. Andrea Agneta und ich würden Euch gern kennenlernen und Euch unsre Heimat zeigen. Eure Geschichte muss also weiter gehen. Danke im Voraus.

Übersetzung:

Also come to Frankonia

A journey to Europe is a very good idea. You seem to be a nice couple. Andrea Agneta and I would love to become acquaintend with You and show You our home country. Therefor Your story must go on. Thank You in advance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice

Another chapter would be good. Keep it interesting.

vividlyyoursvividlyyoursover 9 years ago
Great concept, but...

Stilted language and frequent spelling and grammatical errors diminish the effect of what you've got here. For example, people generally speak in contractions instead of complete words ("don't" as opposed to "do not", etc.), and the conversation isn't always as continuous or flowing as it should be. A bit more anticipation would also add to the story. I recommend getting an editor to review your work before publishing more.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
Comments

Yes, the errors sometimes are distracting, but the overall story flows well and believably. An editor or at least a reader would be helpful from personal experience. I catch all kinds of mistakes when I read the work of others; my own stuff, well, I know what I meant to say; that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it.

For those horny monsters who want Katie to get pregnant, they obviously weren't reading the story very closely. He got himself fixed after his divorce.

Having kids in your forties is doable, but it's no joke. Your kids are going to angsty teens in your fifties and then graduate when you are in your sixties. Some kids are great but others can be hellions, and they may never mellow out. While there is a tendency for children of older fathers to be brighter, there is a slight increase in risk of birth defects from the older eggs; birthing is a lot tougher, too - so I read - but it helps if the woman has had other children before trying a middle-aged pregnancy - probably a combo of the body having previously experienced the many physiological changes and the woman knowing what to expect.

This story actually works better coming AFTER Unintended Consequences 1 & 2.

Reisen macht toll, aber dies ist eine Geschichte. It ist nicht wahr. [Traveling is fun, but this is a story. It is not true.]

TigersmanTigersmanabout 9 years ago
Nice

This was a really nice story. I found it erotic with romance and anticipation rather than raw sex. The errors may have been a little distracting but I still enjoyed the story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderfully romantic story!

I don't care if there were a couple spelling or grammatical errors, this was a great story! Instead of just raw sex there was "lovemaking" between 2 people that cared very much for each other and both wound up getting what they needed and blissfully happy because of it. It's like a fairy tale romance and they lived happily ever after. I'm definitely checking out any other stories you've written and hope they're half as enjoyable as this one. Keep up the excellent writing and thank you for a job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not sure if I'm weird

Not sure if I'm weird but I laughed through a lot of the story

It was Enjoyable

mcbtwsmcbtwsabout 9 years ago
Good Story

Ignore the grammar Nazis on here, fuck the anonymous pricks.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
Whoops

Seem to think that "up with this I will not put!" is a variation of a retort given by Churchill, when someone chastised him about ending his sentence with a preposition. Many grammar rules are odd beasts that result from imposing a Latin infrastructure onto a Germanic language - like what you'd get if you crossed (mated) an elephant and a rhino. (For the youngsters, the answer is 'elephino.' If you still need help, say it slower.)

In my long comment earlier, I neglected to say that I enjoyed the story. Well, I did. Enjoy it, that is. A lot of work and it shows. Keep at it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Eroticism is more important than grammar.

This is an excellent story, and one that I suspect many siblings will read and feel a bit cheated that they had not experienced this level of excitement. Good job - looking forward to the next installment in this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Beautiful Story

This is such a cute and beautiful story you earned 5 stars!!

I really love it, The title" Empty Nesters" is so awesome.

Thank you for shareing, it with us. I am looking forward to more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fantastic!

Can't wait to read more ;-)

MindsMirrorMindsMirrorabout 9 years agoAuthor
Edits and upcoming release.

Thanks for the public and private feedback, we really appreciate all the comments. Numerous corrections and rework have been made throughout the story. The preliminary portion of the story has had details added and been reorganized to aid with continuity. Empty Nesters overlaps events in Unintended Consequences and an upcoming series. -MM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Really good.

Reread this and like the updates. When is the next one of these coming? Empty Nesters, Unintended Consequences or something hinted new hinted at in a comment?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Who really cares what you think.?

Wow. What a great story that i am sure happens in more families then most of us realize. It probably is a normal situation for a brother and sister, to fall in love physically and emotionally, without realizing what is happening. Lucky guy to have a gorgeous, and sexy sister available 24/7. Shangr La, is alive and well.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
It was very good before

the new and improved version

is even better.

mcfunnybonemcfunnybonealmost 9 years ago
A hell of a story

Really enjoyed the read .. thanks for taking the time to write it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pure pleasure

Loved every aspect of the story.

MindsMirrorMindsMirroralmost 9 years agoAuthor
More Edits will appear shortly

Thanks for the public and private feedback, we really appreciate all the comments. With the help of our editor, we've made numerous corrections and tweaks to enhance our first story. These should improve the way Empty Nesters dovetails with events in Unintended Consequences and An Unwitting Discovery. -MM

duckyaceduckyacealmost 9 years ago

Hope to read a part 2 this was good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
life of togetherness advenures

I am yours. no more foreplay..... They visit ancestral home. She gets a ring....

Get busy and give us more....

MindsMirrorMindsMirrorover 8 years agoAuthor
Another Refresh

We continue to make corrections and tweaks to enhance our first story. In fact, we've been posting refreshes to most of our stories to fix issues. These should be live in a few days. -MM

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brotherly love..

Really good story. Brother and sister love, is more common then we think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

Well written by a talented author.I have spent my life with my sister as man and wife.It started when we were both 18 were 60 now. She asked me why I never had any girlfriends thinking I was gay. I told her I loved a beautiful women who l could never have so I'd stay single, she asked who it was but I would not tell her. She asked if it was someone she knew and about a week later suddenly guessed and said she felt the same and loved me like that too. We have never looked at other people ever. We have never fallen out but do sometimes argue as every couple does but it's very rare and always forgiven before we go to bed.I love her with all my being and she me.I've been blessed as neither of us ever wanted anyone else from that first moment. She's just asked what I'm typing and she cried when she read it. We love who we love and I'll always be thankful for her love.Caused a lot of problems with family though parents were outraged and accused me of raping her until she told them she loved me.They never accepted that we truly only had love for each other and took that to their graves which did devistate both of us. Never had our own children as nature did not allow it I guess but we do have two lovely girls who are a credit to their mother.Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice

Look forward to seeing more

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good story

very heart warmth story rather just focus on sex. Its good imagination. hats off to you author

SensualleeSensualleeover 7 years ago
YES YES YES

More of the excellent same - keep it up!

JwcameronjrJwcameronjrabout 7 years ago
True Love

Nicely done. I do not want the story to end. Moving on to chapter two.

Silverfox818Silverfox818almost 7 years ago
Got ME going!

Love that they are a mature loving couple. Good contrast to her daughter and son.

I'm obviously reading this in the suggested sequence and can't wait to see where your going to take me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story.

A very easy and enjoyable read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WOW.. Awesome story.

WELL WRITTEN. Lots of love a passion. I so enjoyed reading it.

Dark_Love192Dark_Love192almost 6 years ago
so much LOVE and PASSION

Your story is special.i don't know what made it special.but writing is different than others.that much I can say.and love Katie's character.i think your characters are so much warm and lovely.i think that's the difference

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeah!!

Outstanding story! 5 *

BigPopsBigPopsover 5 years ago
Rereading this series

because of the new addition - great memories and ashamed that I underrated some installments, this clearly being a 5.

You are a great author, please don't stop.

Joshuad2477sJoshuad2477sover 5 years ago
Wonderful

Another great story with terrific and loving characters. Too bad Katie can't rub her better man in jackass Jim's face also maybe write a story with both dan/Katie & adam/zane go on vacation together as a new family. Don't have them switch partners please but both couples celebrating the love each have found with their siblings and being able to understand the experience that each couple is going thru. Just a thought. As always great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Film

Could be a wonderful film!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great read

The only thing that bothered me is that instances of Alimony in Texas are very rare and only issued in a couple of situations. A spouse who is disabled for example. The rest was great. I generally enjoy this Author’s random bits of knowledge and detail that gets included as ancillary to the story.

HragsHragsabout 4 years ago

As to the previous writer, she was married in Raleigh nc. North Carolina is a " taken care of the ex wife state". Remember they went NC State University. Now great story. On to chapter 2. Hope u will add chapter 3. Know it would be worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good, but not as great as some of our stories. Not sure if I am sufficiently interested just now to read part two. I’d have preferred a part two to your déjà vu story, because there’s a similar relationship, already more deeply drawn, but with a bigger challenge in terms of leaving everyone living ‘happily ever after.’ Yet one where you have already sown the seeds for extra exciting dimension.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

liked the story written like you lived it

SVKsrPhotoSVKsrPhotoover 1 year ago

Great story, great writing!!!

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Not nearly as interesting to me as Unintended Consequences, I skimmed half this story. I dunno, this just seems like smut to me. No suspense, nothing interesting going on and I'm not into milfs.

SVKsrPhotoSVKsrPhoto12 months ago

I read this 5 months ago. I decided it was one I wanted to read again (and probably again and again)! I love a great love story--and this is one. Now, on to part two...again!

KittyLover80KittyLover809 months ago

WOW! AWESOME! OUTSTANDING STORY. A terrific story and an exciting read. Great plot & characters. Thanks for developing this amazing story and plot. I am really loving this series.

BruceS1949BruceS19493 days ago

A awesome story. I loved it. You are able to paint your stories so I feels like you're watching a movie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMindsMirror@MindsMirror
Our venture into writing continues due to your appreciated support! Please report plagiarism of our work. Unauthorized and unattributed reproduction of our work discourages further submissions. Comments, feedback, encouragement, critiques and editorial suggestions are our on...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES