All Comments on 'End of an Affair'

by PapaRomantic

Sort by:
  • 163 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked it

the narcissism of the cheating slut seemed real

Woman spends twenty years bitching at her husband every time he tries for sex more often than she wants and then gets pissed when she finally wants more than the schedule she flogged into his soul and he doesnt magically know what she wants but refuses to ask for

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mushyguy

Wait how is not telling the husband taking responsibility?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
LONG STORIES ARE THE WORST STORIES

Too much detail and an awful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unfortunately

Way too believable. Perhaps her guilt is the best punishment, she'll feel the guilt until the next time. Oh, yes, there will be a next time and again. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Surprisingly thoughtful

for LW. Well written overall, and it provides some insight into something that undoubtedly happens in some marriages.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 4 years ago
"My guilt grows daily..."

If that's true, her marriage is dead, it just doesn't know it yet.

Either she won't be able to handle the guilt and will have to get away from him or she'll have to confess thereby having him end it...

Or... she'll decide to stop feeling guilty - and then have another affair.

I really don't see it lasting for the long run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hahaha!

It's too bad she doesnt die due to HIV!!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading again

I hate this cheating bitch even more this time. I'm glad Brian kissed the bridge, and I hope Rich is getting a little somewhere else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Jól megírt..

Jó történet,de legalább éreztethette volna ,hogy bűnhődni fog ez a k@rva,ha másképp nem ,hát az egyre növekvő bűntudat által,vagy egy felsőbb hatalom által,égjen pokolba az idők végezetéig!Van egy mondás,miszerint "bűn büntetlenül sosem marad"!Ámen!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ugly betrayal.

Nothing romantic here. If you get off on a woman shitting all over her devoted husband's love with a song in her heart, your gonna love this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Aargh

Why give the stupid slut a happy ending? Didnt like this at all.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
Wow, what a mess of a story.

Way too repetitive and drawn out. The main character is very unlikable and not relatable even with all the excuses you gave her. You didn't cover the hubby enough to justify anything in the story.

You kept having the main character say it wasn't about sex and that it was an intimacy thing but yet you kept going back to the sex thing over and over and flew past building the intimacy angle. Very poor character development and too many plot and storyline holes and errors.

This story was just a cringefest to read and not because of the plot or ending but because of the other issues I named.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Not a likable main character.

She should have died with her lover.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Would’ve preferred to see her fucked over. What a bitch, a really horrible bitch.

iameaseliameaselalmost 4 years ago

She is what we just call a twat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
papa..there is nothing romantic...

...in this shit story written by u..a minus 5

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Just read it again, and the comments

Yeah, I knew: LW is full of BTB fans, but isn’t this the best end for Rich? One commenter wanted Rich to know and take action, to get part of his dignity back, but doesn’t he have his dignity intact because he never knew? Another wanted the wife to die of HIV, but wouldn’t that mean that both Rich and Gloria got it, too?

It ought to be obvious: not all affairs get discovered, though ten months is a long time to carry one on without someone else figuring it out. I’m guessing that this kind of thing happens a lot more than people think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A beautiful story

One of the best.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
I had previously commented —

“ Realistic sounding story, but not my cup of tea.

“She has an affair. He dies. She feels guilty about the affair. She gets back with hubby. Meh...

“Now, if hubby comes home and has an evil glint in his eyes...?

“Mechnically well written, so points there.”

I gave it 3-stars.

Upon second read — it wasn’t a “meh...” story. the fact that it does sound realistic, and is well written, it really deserved 4-stars. I shouldn’t subtract a star just because the topic was not my cup of tea.

4-stars

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Too bad

Too bad the cheating whore wasn't with the ass Byron when he kissed the bridge. Rich has used goods now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dave69

Yep got to admit she was a nasty bitch

LetthatsinkinLetthatsinkinabout 3 years ago
@ReedRichards

You're the type of person who thinks that it's perfectly fine to cheat on your spouse as long as they don't find out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I kind of liked it, so I gave it a 4. I knew she wouldn't tell her husband that she cheated on him though. At least she learned what she was missing from her marriage besides trust. I doubt she ever realized she was cuckolding (not just cheating on) her husband for those 10 months either. And that's the real shame of it all. Typical of a cheater, only thinking about themselves, especially since she never planned on leaving Rich.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

One of the best, well-written pieces I've seen on this site. This smacks of real-world, human interactions. You have written a believable, imperfect and honest character. You used no memes, tropes or clichés to move you plot along. VERY good and poignant story, one of fall and recovery, which is an age-old tale of we human creatures.

.

5/5+!!!

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

What a cunt. And you wrote her to fit that word perfectly.

Well written, I'll give it that, and you really tried hard to make us feel for her, but in the end she was a cheating cunt.

So 5 for the writing, 2 for trying to make her cheating sound reasonable.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Don't think most of the readers/posters here understand that when a marriage is on its' last legs then strong emotions and violent actions like 'BTB' don't apply. This was a very well thought out story from the cheaters side; while not totally excusing her affair, reasons for it abound. If the husband spends his time deep into his TV, then how is she responsible for the lack of closeness?

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 2 years ago

"But at the time, I needed to be wanted, and Byron wanted me enough to work as hard as I did to make the affair happen." But she tried so hard to reintegrate intimacy in there relationship. I mean she bought lingerie for the first week after the boys went to college. What else is she gonna do jump her husbands bones like a sex starved shrew? She even by accidentally woke up early and poured him a coffee one morning and filled his thermos. Hope her guilt turns to cancer and eats her alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Knowing that it’s in the LW category, I thought it was a really great story…So the wife got away with a little something—what’s wrong with that. Maybe down the road she might share it, particularly if she got any sense that hubby might even be aroused..these things happen in marriage sometimes..My wife can often be bitchy…I like it that way..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why does she need an affair to appreciate her loving husband ????Stupid bitch (jaybee186) Lousy story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No, the story is good. The wife is lousy. Hope her husband leaves her for his mistress.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Story was well written and quite interesting. Julie was fortunate that her lover died in an accident, and then she quickly realized what she had with Rich was not all that bad and she needed to resurrect her failing marriage, which she did. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

good realistic story. Well written. Cheating wife who got away with it. No compassion for a husband who is uninterested in a relationship with his wife,also he has to be brain dead or not care enough to have picked up on his wifes affair. No matter how devious women are in doing so, tell tales are there if you pay attention.

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

Story was very well written. unfortunately the content, especially near and at the end i just found vile. She gets to have an illicit affair, actually fall in love with guy (regardless of what she stated you read through it), miss her encounters with him, and still have her husband to fall back on. I truly hope someone else with writing skill ( definitely not me) takes this story and gives it the ending it deserves.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Why couldn't she talk with her husband about their mundane life before her cheating partner croaked? story meandered along with the most concentration on the sex as opposed to the f'ed up relationship.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

I kept waiting for the shoe to drop; never happened! That’s why 3 stars, could have been two, except for the art of the story, still disappointed no punishment.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

So the husband isn't a murderer...

4/6

Nato_

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

I suppose this probably happens more than ppl realizes

jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

Oh, man.

What a well written story that unfortunately has scored poorly because there was no discovery, no payback, nor any burning. Shame really that such a real slice of life isn't better rewarded. I really hope you can take solace in (some of) the comments because this was very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written story about a vile woman.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 1 year ago

Wow, an amazing story, probably the best I’ve read in a year. Five stars from me

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Read again. Could’ve used a twist at then end with that long narrative. But really, author nailed the female viewpoint with the endless details, emotions and second guessing. A woman can easily communicate two minutes worth of information in twenty minutes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Realistic and well written but she gets away with it. Yeah she feels guilty (finally). And she finally realizes that she was just as much to blame for their lack of intimacy and sex. She went with Byron and just began to freeze her husband out, rationalizing her way through the affair, and not seeing how her own actions (or inactions) were strangling her marriage. Took her ten months. And meanwhile she and Byron cheated often. Developing inimtacies that were in some ways worse than the sex. She led a double life for 10 months. Wouldn't have stopped unless he had died. She eventually woke up from her adultery and claims she is reconnected. Her husband was too trusting. So she will carry it to her grave. Where she will be judged. Well written a realistic. This is sadly the norm. However, though their marriage may make it, her rationale that her affair saved their marriage is her taking pity on her sordid actions. She is a cheating wife. In most cases a long affair corrupts the marriage even if no discovery. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Her affair helps her marriage.

Bullshit

As you wrote

If she had just worked with her husband a little no problem

And she had a love for her emotional connection with lover as you wrote

Love she took away from husband

I hope she had terrible guilt spasms until death. I kept hoping husband or other cheater's wife had caused accident

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another whore who gets away with it. I hope the guilt eats her up. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Papa, you forgot the part about hubby draining his brake fluid.

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

To Anonymous re brake fluid –

Yes! I was hoping the same thing, to find hubby had murdered Blake.

Oh well. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Typical selfish person. Instead of putting the time into healing her marriage, she invests heavily in a physical and emotional affair with Byron. Sigh. Just because a spouse doesn't know, doesn't mean that adultery by the other spouse is not poisoning the marriage. It starts subtle and becomes more and more pervasive. Ultimately she could have tried to fix her marriage, but her time, list, and intimacy with Byron slowly drained the life out of her marriage with Rich. She got lucky he never knew and that Byron died, ending their affair, forcing her to reconcile with Rich, with him being none the wiser as to why her turnaround. And she gets to live with the guilt. Sad, but realistic look at the damage and self fulfilling prophecy of adultery. There is a reason the Seventh Commandment forbids it...

PaligirlPaligirlabout 1 year ago

What a wild ride. I love that you had Julie reflecting on her ownership of her part in the breakdown in her marriage and its redemption. Well done sir.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
I

Have read this story and I can say how selfish she was, she never wanted to work on their relationship, and the husband a total clueless wimp that no idea really, the total disrespect for her husband and her marriage. "He would never understand what _I_ gained from it - in fact if we did improve our own relationship, it would be as a direct result of my 10 months with Byron." Total and utter disrepect and selfishness on her part. She never tried to communicate with her husband about her needs before the affair. No she was looking just to farther divide the two and yes she had fallen in love with the other guy. Good thing its fiction I can't believe husband was a bank examiner as blind as be was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What? One day she happens to go downstairs early and that’s all it takes to start healing their marriage? A little too simple of resolution.

Also, you need to brush up on your use of “I” and “me”. At least twice you used the word I when it should have been the word me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Story pf a bad wife who thought she deserved more and took away 10 months from her husband. She should confess with honesty and then equality there is nothing in the marriage

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

A nice well written story but I would kill my wife if she acted out as the wife in this story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well the hubby should marry someone else and keep the slut as his concubine, faur enough.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think it's pretty common for a 40 year old lady to have an affair and it's good for her marriage in the end. It is often better with a young man because there is no possible future. I find the analysis here very real and very pleasant. I found her solitude good, seeing the family supporting the poor widow and her children. I found it good to realize that it's the same as with her husband and that ultimately she has to do something to restore the love and connection.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Oh how nice for her! It all worked out swimmingly! /golfclap /sarcasm off.

I mean it isn't like her guilt of having the affair impacted her relationship with Rich. Nor is it probable that the intimacy she got from Byron over the previous 10 months meant that she was not investing in her relationship with Rich and let the intimacy dissolve. /sarcasm really off

A lot of people get away with cheating (sadly) but unlike the prior commenter, it is virtually never a good thing. The guilt (if no guilt then being a psychopath is never beneficial) poisons the marriage. The decreased intimacy, connection, and time spent instead with the cheating partner all sap the marriage and weaken it. It also meant target of opportunity cost because she was nearing an effort to improve things or to fix their issues nor communicate any concerns.

Their relationship afterwards might seem better at face value but she only stopped because of Byron's sudden death and in the long run their marriage has been weakened. There is no reason to believe that she wouldn't look again for an extramarital affair. Forget about if her husband found out. Saldy while men cheat more often than women, women tend to have linger affairs (avergae of 6 months) with more emotional connections and intimacy. May be part of why men are less likely to forgive upon discovery or confession.

She is a cheating wife who got away with it and her thinking that it helped her marriage is false and self aggrandizing instead of admitting it was a nasty betrayal. If she was serious about improving and healing her marriage without confession, she should get a therapist. Meh.

At least she realized that all the sex and intimacy she had Byron was not magical and she could get from Rivh, if they both worked at it. She just abdicated for 10 months and took the slutty way to meet her needs. Probably realistic but certainly not noble and unless she does something radical in re-committing and getting some therapy, their marriage will always have a corrupted part of its foundation that may be challenged or even fail in the future. Heck why do you think so many more gray divorces? The rot eventually becomes too much with kids on their own life paths out of the house.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So, a story about nothing BUT the complete selfishness of one woman, and the writers attempt to make it seem right, while making her own husband of 20+ years. She had NO regard when she "Crossed that line" of cheating with her husband. How it just felt "Right" when she did it, and justified it in her own mind, destroying her relationship with her spouse. Regardless of how she went from that moment on, the "Dirty laundry" she carried will always be a poison to her marriage. The fact that she hid it for 10 months, and continues to hide with without ever being something as simple as being HONEST to her husband tells that there is nothing left in her marriage. She has lied (by omission) and cheated against her husband. This is nothing but another cuck story, with a different name. Only saving grace to this whole story is that Julie's thought process is actually very realistic to current times. Just goes to show how our culture is fading, as no one respects fidelity anymore.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I can't believe one idiot actually thinks it's good for a marriage to have an affair. Really? He actually thought it was pleasant. Wow, some people really are fucked up in the head.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Self centred bitch

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ick. No one really enjoys a story where an evil (or at least a selfish, bad) person "wins". Sadly this is all too realistic. While married men are 50% more likely to cheat (29% of at least one extramarital affair by their 50s vs 19% for married women), married women have much longer affairs on average (6 months vs 2 months). As such it is rather common that cheating wives form an emotional, even romantic attachment to their cheating partner. Not surprising when of such length. Also given that the most common reason for a married women to step out of her marriage is because she feels neglected, unwanted, or not paid attention; meaning they seek emotional attachment just not sex when the cheat, and the affair goes on for many months. There is no doubt the affair would have continued if Byron had not died. So she her grief in silence, and went back to her husband after her post affair self rationalizations. Of course her marriage to Rich will never be the same. Even if Rich never learns the truth, she has emotionally hamstrung her marriage. During her 10.month affair, she let the fires of her marriage turn to embers that were barely lit and nearly extinguished. And that is solely on her. While Rich may feel things are better, her guilt will forever undercut their marriage, sapping it of strength, so it will never return to what is wrong as years ago, though to outward appearances, it may seem to be better taken at face value. But it will be forever wounded, and her own guilt will shade the marriage going forth even if she remains faithful going forward. All too realistic but also sad. Her selfishness in seeking emotional and physical comfort elsewhere for so long has irrevocably changed their marriage and the husband is clueless. Too bad, so sad. Don't cheat. To the MC: was it worth it? Answer: while part of her is riddled with guilt (means she is human), she still looks back fondly on her time with Byron and has rationalized that it helped her marriage with Rich. That is self deception of the highest order. But many people who cheat fall for that moral quagmire. Reprehensible but realistic.

orion2bear2orion2bear23 months ago

Cheating never helps a marriage no matter what bullshit the cheater comes up with to justify it

orneryonezorneryonez3 months ago

A build up to a let down... as flat as a tack!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A story about a lying, cheating wife, who made her husband into a cuck, and never saw a problem for 10 months. What a loser of a story about a loser of a wife. one star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Classic tale of years of getting to comfortable with routine that the relationship becomes an unconscious habit leading to a complete disconnect

At some point one, or both, stopped really communicating their thoughts, needs and feelings. Nearly a tragedy. The wife here has major blame here in that she suffered in silence thereby creating, and exacerbating pain over the loss of intimacy.

The husband is equally guilty of falling into a lifeless but where he practically forgot he had a wife.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPapaRomantic@PapaRomantic
I enjoy writing, but I am new to the erotic genre. I especially enjoy comments from readers telling me that they like my submissions, as well as constructive criticism, so I can become a better writer. All of my works are fiction - just fun for me and hopefully for you! I a...

SIMILAR Stories