All Comments on 'Eowyn: The Cage - Ch. 04'

by Barahir

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Making for an uncomfortable read

I am surprised by the few comments.

I am very uncomfortable with the abuse you are subjecting our heroine to, as well as to we the readers.

Éowyn has no escape if we are to wait for Gandalf to banish Gríma.

You are very skilled at writing and twisting every bit of pain out of this story.

I hope she can thwart the evil Gríma.

Alas, I just have to continue to find out where this is going and if there is any hope for Éowyn.

BarahirBarahirover 6 years agoAuthor

Three more chapters to go before she's finally free of Wormtongue.

Yes, she's in a rough place, and it's true that I'm deliberately making things hard for her. I need her to be traumatized, so that everything she does between now and when's she's finally "healed" follows more or less naturally from what she's been through. Yes, Wormtongue used some sort of "magic" to enhance her sex drive...or, at least, so he thinks (more on that much, much later in the story)...but the greater damage is what her first experiences with sex are teaching her about her own sexuality.

Since (in the book) she doesn't actually achieve any sort of happiness until after the Ring is destroyed, and that's a *long* way in the future, there's plenty more struggle to come.

It's all explained in the "Who Wants to be a Shieldmaiden?" essay, actually.

And thanks for reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous