All Comments on 'Eowyn: The Cage - Ch. 10'

by Barahir

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks so much

I've been enjoying this story a lot. You have definitely filled out the motivations of Eowyn, and it's really good. Thanks for writing it.

BarahirBarahirover 6 years agoAuthor

Thank you. There's a *lot* more to come!

LegendInMyOwnMindLegendInMyOwnMindabout 6 years ago
Magnificent

Incredibly erotic and well written. Props on the smooth way you wove in the memories of Arwen while E is doing him.

Your story explains Eowyn's suicidal recklessness in battle in LOTR quite well--merely having a guy say no just doesn't make a girl that crazy. And cray-cray it was: Taking on Nazgul #1 mano a mano was beyond insane, though by the grace the One it came out right.

JRRT's ghost is getting his jollies if he's reading this. I've got to look up the other chapters now!

BarahirBarahirabout 6 years agoAuthor

Thank you very kindly.

I started out just wanting to write a story about Éowyn, but as I got deeper into an outline it became clear that I had the chance to fill in some unsatisfying gaps in several characters' backstories and motivations, hers most definitely included. In the earliest drafts of LotR (when she and Aragorn were actually in love and Arwen didn't yet exist) everything she did made more sense. But once Tolkien started stripping that story away I feel like he didn't quite reconnect the dots that get her from frustration with a weak King Thédoen to facing down the Witch-king just a few weeks later. So I connected them for him.

I'm not sure he'd approve of *how* I did it, though...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous