All Comments on 'Escape from the Friend Zone'

by LunarSirius

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
women and their stupid mind games

Not a one in this story worth a crap.

drmac100drmac100over 8 years ago
Excellent!

I have a feeling there is a true story behind this somewhere! An excellent story filled with love and romance. Now tell us the truth. What is the real story behind this?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Anonymous - "women and their stupid mind games"

You clearly are not worth ANY woman!

You obviously only ever think of ONE person - YOU!

Have a long, lonely and unfulfilling life!

And, yeah! I'm male

The story was a 'good 'un'!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Leave the damn oysters alone

Enjoyed the story but after a while started to get grossed out by all of the oysters and mucos references.

And what's with the grandma every one speak to but apparently no one LISTEN to?

LunarSiriusLunarSiriusover 8 years agoAuthor
The Oyster Test: Savor the slime

I usually don't reply to the posts on my stories, but I can't resist a little light ribbing for Anonymous who was grossed out by oysters. The slimy mucus is the whole point of the oyster test. The idea is to enjoy the taste, the texture and the slime. I probably don't need to tell you that you didn't pass.

Better luck next time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

I've never commented on a story before but I loved the build to this one. Very erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ate it up

I gobbled it down, oysters and all!

Well written by in large, emotionally resonant,

generally tasty!...thanks!

But; Your misspellings drive me nuts!

Just because your spell checker says OK

does NOT make it right!

It is glaring and interrupts the flow of your narrative!

Please buy, lease or ingratiate yourself to an English major

and run your text by them first!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Some like oysters, some don't

Some recognize the bacterial infection people risk when eating oysters. And then some find the description of eating a slimy, mucous covered bi-valve to be disgusting all on its own. Different strokes for different folks. But this is the 3rd and the last stories of yours I've read. And it finally struck me what I didn't like about your stories. Your characters seem to lack "free will". Their fates seem sealed from the start. Kevin and Mary seem locked into being a couple, from no more definitive source than her Grandmother. Ignoring, perhaps, that they've each changed through the years? And despite the attempt at "play" I can't think of something that would make a woman more unhappy then having a man slip another woman's ring on her finger, symbolic or not. So while this was a cute little story of "destiny calls", I prefer my characters to be thinking people, have a mind of their own and not throw caution to the wind because they were fated to fulfill some nonsensical destiny. Pretty well written, still some grammatical errors that were irritating, but from a technical standpoint, well done. I simply didn't like the conclusion your story reached. Kevin's side of the story seemed especially bad. Dumped from an engagement one night and the next night in bed with another woman and engaged to her? Even for fiction, that was a leap too far.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
many good parts to this story

the oyster scene was enjoyable and enlightening.

but the best of all was

"I see the reflection of a foolish girl that forgot that the only reason she saw further was because you were holding her up."

Crimson_RiversCrimson_Riversabout 7 years ago
Nice.

Okay that's an understatement. This one caught me off guard. Your detail is possibly the best quality of the story. You flesh out the conversation, the event and their feelings. Even a virgin could relate to the sex.

I really liked the subtle flashbacks too. They were a very sneaky means of providing a back story without straying from the present. That way, the romance never feels empty or out of touch. Quite the opposite. The reader ends up sympathising for both characters. The friendzoning, the unrequited love, the insecurities and the sheer stupidity on both their parts. .... Damn. Too long.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 6 years ago
Lol

The comments crack me up lol. Some people just have to find something to criticize :)

Great great story!! Thank you:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Consistently good writing

...Whatever the topic happems to be.

Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I guess you were trying for playful with Mary

But by the end of page 2 the manipulative almost nasty teasing got to be too much for me.

argeelogargeelogalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

You write a great 5 star story like this and also pure crap like "All In". Stick with this type and avoid that kind, please.

lovemyroselovemyroseover 4 years ago
Great scene!

The whole oyster narrative is worth the price of admission! The time spent dining was just right. Nice romantic vision.

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

This is good craft, but a shitty story. The whole dumb "I can't say i love her" garbage does not happen, ever.

And she will be cheating on him in a while. Because she doesn't respect him and doesn't love him as much as he loves her, and doesn't value him enough.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

I'm a sucker for the whole 'platonic friends find everlasting love together' trope. And yet, you managed to mangle up your story so badly that I gave you a three in the end. The whole thing with Mary trying to dominate Kevin really turned me off. So did the denying answers with "how much is it worth to you?" teasing. That's fine if you intend to cave in later on and reveal the answer. But you carried it across the line into an abusive behavior that was sinister.

I tried to appreciate the whole thing with the oysters, but it became boring pretty quick as well. 😴

Normally, I would have probably been okay with Herb and Connie's open relationship because they were both in full agreement about the arrangement. But when you included the best friend Dave into their tryst, I couldn't stomach that one either.

There was a way for you as a writer to build an epic love story here, but you missed the mark. 3/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous