All Comments on 'Even Better Than The Real Thing'

by janiexx

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The weak ending...

...lets down an otherwise great story that shows how sluts who go to pubs without a man desrev to be treated.

walkingeaglewalkingeagleabout 18 years ago
Well written, Wonderful ending!

I enjoyed this! It is well written, and the rape scene did turn me off, but the ending made it fine!

Wonderful job!

john-the-authorjohn-the-authorabout 18 years ago
Didn't see that coming!

I really liked the twist at the end. Not bad, not bad at all! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Cheeky!

Ah! you're such a bad girl, Janie! I was getting turned off, too, by the rape - then the twist in the tail changed the whole concept!

Luke

LadyFalconLadyFalconabout 18 years ago
That was hilarious!

I was all confused till the director yelled cut. You made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

AutumnWriterAutumnWriterabout 18 years ago
Good ending

I liked the surprise ending.

As I was reading it I felt like the story wasn't coming together, then the movie set ending tied up the loose ends.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
A clever ending!!!

Well Janie, I was really worried by the time you got to the rape but then you twisted the whole thing around and gave us a truly great, humorous ending. Again your superb command of the English language caused a frisson of desire LOL! Don’t worry about the first ‘anonymous comment’ - it probably came from a guy who can only get the girls by raping them.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Clever Disguise!

Laura accepts a drink from a good looking guy in a busy club in London. Wary of strangers she later makes her way home only to be confronted by the same guy. The suspense continues to build unabated. The ending was a blockbuster. Wonderful Author. A Great Read!

shrdlu_etaoinshrdlu_etaoinover 17 years ago
Made me uncomfortable

You're a great writer, and I follow your work, but I think this one doesn't work -- you played the rape bit a little too hard. I felt really nervous and actually skipped to the end to find the twist I expected. But then, what do I know?

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
What a twist

Janie

Caught the reader looking the other way on that one didn't you. Good read, though as a police officer I've had to interview a number of women who have been victimised this way, and I have never had one of them ever say that they began to enjoy it (just another male fantasy to go with the rest that we read on here)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous