All Comments on 'Evergreen Kiss'

by Salish

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments
pope32767pope32767over 10 years ago
Ohh, so beautiful

This truly belongs in Romance, though I know why it can't be there  — yet! It's a wonderful love story with a nice traditional ending. I like it that Sarah's a "no label" woman; I'm a "no label" man who's been married for decades, but was deeply in love with his college boyfriend, even if it didn't work out as I had hoped.

All that said, the sex was excellent. Some tribbing would have been nice, too. I wish there was more of it in Literotica stories.

Arago007Arago007over 10 years ago
Who are you?

Absolutely beautiful... A truly wonderful, sexy story with with great depth. This stands on its own, but a follow up would be a treat.

Back to the title question... It seems unbelievable to me that this is your first submission... If you have other stories out there I would love to read them, if this is truly your first then wow, you've got some talent!

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleover 10 years ago
A 6?

Wow! What a beautiful, sexy story. So glad to meet a fellow (Is that the right term for a gal?) Seattlite. I hope to see more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW AND DOUBLE WOW

This was a fantastic read from beginning to end. Please keep writing and submitting your great stories. I did my residency at UW. Your descriptions of Seattle were accurate and made me nostalgic. Like one of the other commentators have you published other stories ? If so, where can I find them? You have a great talent. I look forward to your future stories. ChristieP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The ending's too abrupt, some of the dialogue feels forced (seriously, who uses the word "requite" in everyday conversation?), and the part where they told each other their life stories was a textbook example of info dump. On top of it all, there isn't any real sense of tension or conflict - we can pretty much tell from the beginning that Sarah and Meaghan are going to wind up together, and nothing that happens along the way ever puts that outcome in doubt.

So from a qualitative standpoint, this story is by no means perfect.

But, and this is a huge but...

...the protag not only gets the girl, but marries her, and it feels totally and uncompromisingly right. As a gay woman dealing with the kinds of challenges these two face on a daily basis, but whose real life is a good deal shittier than theirs, their happy ending hits my emotions deeply. For that, a story that I'd give three or maybe four stars on technical merit alone gets the full five.

tygztygzover 10 years ago

Fantastic story!

Now I'm going to see if I can still do gardening with happy tears in my eyes...

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 10 years ago
So good

Please ignore the comment about the language. I totally believe this woman would use the word "requite." It's part of what makes the character unique - and real. I also understand why the story ended where it did - everything else would be a let down. So well written. Thanks for sharing your writing. Five stars.

idrubloodidrubloodover 10 years ago
Beautifuly done.

A wonderful story of love and happiness. I enjoyed it very much and had many moments of joy and laughter.

Thank you for sharing.

And as a side note,I agree with FiveWolves. Ignore the bad, take the good and keep writing. You're good at it.

IDB.

adidasgaladidasgalover 10 years ago
PERFECT

What an Beautiful story! The dialogue, characters ...... Classic!

** I LOVED IT **

lameezjohnsonlameezjohnsonover 10 years ago
Great

A Beautiful love story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Delightful :-)

Beautiful story, full of all that one needs to feel special and loved. The dream we all should have .Great writing.

SalishSalishover 10 years agoAuthor
Thank You

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to vote and comment, and I'm glad I could bring some happiness to the world with my writing.

This is the first creative thing I've ever written, other than one very short piece in another language a long time ago. I don't anticipate writing anything else anytime soon, but if I get an idea, I may try again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

U have set a standard! ..nothing I read here will satisfy me if it doesn't come close to urs..

biercebierceover 10 years ago
Simply wonderful

Great characters, Tugs the heart strings. Thanks

DocSavage656DocSavage656over 10 years ago
Loved It!

Thanks for a great Saturday morning read. It was such a wonderful, romantic, heart touching story. I too am a bit shocked this is your first offering here, but please consider giving us more.

It sure was a much need return to believable, romantic lesbian stories as opposed to the spank junk we've been seeing here recently.

Thanks again and please keep up the great work!

Doc

ShikeShikeover 10 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed the story, and truth to tell, I'd like it to be longer. Please consider writing a sequel/2nd Chapter to this story. The characters are believable and loveable.

Thank you for writing a love story with sex instead of just sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Amazing O.O

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
outstanding!

One if the best I've read here. Well done, and keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

nice it made me smile and feel the love,keep writing please(cinder)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW

Not much else to write...

A wonderful story with great characters and a more than fictional background. Things like this could happen every day (and hopefully will).

One (little) point of critic: To me the sex scenes seem to have not the same power as the rest of this story.

I hope that this is the first story of a lot more you would like to part with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
damn

very good writing..i too agree there should be a sequel..love the passionate scenes..very descriptive..good use of imagry..awesome....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pause

I was searching for a quick read followed by a quick release, this is not my typical read. Having said that I read this over two nights and consider this time invested very rewarding. Thank you for opening my eyes to what seams to be a look behind the curtain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I really enjoyed reading this story about two very real people. I hope I live long

enough that any such couple will never have to feel ashamed of their veryreal

love and devotion to each other. There seemingly will never be enough love in

this too often sad world. - Do keep on writing, Your story is far better than most.

Skyler35Skyler35over 10 years ago
5 Stars!!

Well deserved 5 stars, your story was amazing, I know nothing about creative writing but I love reading and I enjoyed your story, so keep 'em coming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
:)

Absolutely beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

I hate badly written stories, and this was certainly not one of them.

I'm also a sucker for romance and a happy ending.

Like many others I can't believe this is your first submission - please don't make it your last.

mab4664mab4664over 10 years ago
Delightful

I have never seen a story go upward so fast on the rankings list. You are a great writer and I certainly hope you keep writing more stories.

I like the character development and positively love the happy ending.

Thanks for sharing with us readers.

LiveCatLiveCatover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

Great story! I'm a real sucker for a well written romance and this didn't let me down. Lovely characters and story line, couldn't put it down once I started reading.

I'm very much looking forward to your next story, well done.

Cat

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
*fangirl screech of ear-pain*

This was amazing! I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hits so close to home

I am from Seattle. I am a dev at the software giant in Redmond and yes my girlfriend is a designer. I am Asian and I love the sichuanese place on 148th, which I think.is the one you mentioned.

I loved the story. Well-written. Write more.

janny54janny54about 10 years ago
absolutely wonderful...

such a wonderful feeling to connect with another human being and being open to just allowing the feelings to flow and happen. the story was very well written and moved at the right pace. could easily see this being a real relationship and i want more of it.

thank you for sharing it and i do hope you continue to write many more stories.

you have a gift and express it well.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 10 years ago
Mmmm...

this story was delicious and filled my appetite for a well written, realistic, romantic love story.

Thanks for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Words fail

I am neither a novelist nor a poet, so I can't find the words to express how much I enjoyed this story. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Awh!

I loved it! Finally found a nice, not too long but really, really sweet story here that fulfils about everything I need! It's nice to lay back on the drama and just read some fluffy marshmallow stories once in a while.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Just Beautiful!

I didn't find the ending too abrupt, and while it may have been obvious they were going to get together, I still was worried about something bad happening at the end, most happy that it didn't!

Also glad that the two gay friends were supportive and not some cliche romantic rivals.

I'm a bit of a curmudgeon re straight girls going gay, but I've come to accept well-written stories like this one where it's the person the protagonist falls in love with, and they just happen to be of the same sex.

BurhanDangerBurhanDangerabout 10 years ago
Great

One thing to say that is awesome.

BurhanDangerBurhanDangerabout 10 years ago
Great

One thing to say Awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
More, please!

Lovely story, with lovely characters.

Bonus points for Firefly!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Serendipity...

...the finding of pleasurable things by chance. And that's what it is with all of the better stories in Literotica. Sad to say, there's quite a lot of poorly-written dross in the lists; happily there are also a better than good number of real gems to make up for the poor stuff. And I'm pleased to say that Evergreen Kiss is right up there with the jewels. I'm a bit of a stickler for good spelling and grammar and unfortunately even some of the best stories on this site are spoiled for me by poor spelling etc. I'm pleased to say that this certainly was not the case with your story, Salish. A pleasure to read from beginning to end. Keep on with your writing if you can---there's real talent there.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful

Sorry, simple words can't describe the beauty in the story.... Thank you.

redlion75redlion75almost 10 years ago

eww gross i cant believe people actually do those things. i mean who actually likes to go hiking yuck.good story though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
:)

Sweet and real. We should all be so lucky.

And superb misdirection, redlion75. You had me there for a minute.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Telltale signs

You can tell it's a good story when all you want to do at the end is stand between the protagonists and any harm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I was going to head this comment 'Serendipity" but somebody's beaten me to it...

...but it is the only word. It's always such a pleasure on this site to stumble across a real story with a real plot rather than a one-pager with a two-line introduction followed by instant sex. I was looking for something else and your title just caught my eye. I decided to give it a quick look and just as quickly I was hooked. Salish, I've just elevated you to that small select band of writers on this site whom I will be happy to read time and again. Evergreen Kiss is worth every one of the five stars given.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful story

It had rhythm and I loved it being in first person. The story made me happy and here I sit still smiling at the confusion of the main character. I won't give away anything but the best part of this story is the slow progression and the cast made up of real people.

dirtyricekingdirtyricekingover 9 years ago

Glad you wrote this parallel story. Like their DC friends, totally adorable! Keep at it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Absolutely superb

What a fantastic story! I was captivated for the entire length, from beginning to end! I also have some computer geek history in me, so there were a number of geeky parts of the story which put a huge smile on my face. The rest of the story... A+++. Truly one of the best stories I've read - and as some others have said, it was a pleasure that it was an actual story, and not just 'wham bam thank you ma'am', as some other stories are :) And the sex that was there? Delicious!

One tiny correction - Page 6 - "I also found a nice mouthing system for the two computer monitors I hooked up to the PC". You'll want to change 'mouthing' to 'mounting' ;)

Other than that tiny correction... top tier storywriting. Instant 5 star, wishing I could give you 5 star multiple times! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

ScattySueScattySueover 9 years ago
A wonderful, beautiful romance

I loved the characters and the wonderful way that you told their story. You succeeded: the characters are so lifelike and their tale so real.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Im sorry , you deserve six stars for this . one of the best ever .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very beautiful & thoughtful...

It was such a beauty to read. The character of Sarah was very well portrayed. Every time she did something, she did with proper arrangements like making new studio for Meaghan before asking her to move in. It shows that to make the relationship work you need to think about other half's needs & solutions to their demands. And the way Sarah thought about sex life before indulging both in inseparable state.

I'm happy that I got to learn this because of you. Thank You big time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
warmed my heart

I only have one problem here, I need a ten star rating. Absolutely wonderful, and very well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you

To be honest not my normal type of thing but I got so caught up in the storyline I had to keep reading.. I hope you will write more and soon Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Please please please continue this! It is amazing and I couldn't stop reading it! You are a great writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awesome!

You should continue this on, it was exceptional!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
continue this story please!

It's the first time I really want the continuation of story. Something likes the wedding or honeymoon would be nice. Thanks for writing such a lovely story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lovely

Wonderful story! Please continue it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderfull

I rarely read such good romantic leabian story but this one is really amazing in its reality, it is soothingly natural. Thank you so much for this heart-warming story and please please write a second part to it please :))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Incredible

Your story made me cry and gave me goosebumps. What a wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

This was such a wonderful story. Are you gonna make a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Perfect story!

Thank you for sharing this story. It was beautifully written and we need more lesbian stories like this. I really enjoyed that you spent more time on the 'love' part rather than just the 'sex' parts. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awwwww

This is a great, feel-good story.

Hey Salish - I love your story, you soft, romantic person you.

epeternallyepeternallyalmost 9 years ago

This was incredibly beautiful (and hot), plus I loved getting all the little cultural references. I'm down in Olympia these days, but I lived in a friend's attic in Seattle for six months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
AH-MAZING

Yes. To. All. Of. This! It is so rare to read a lesbian story about an interracial relationship, especially one between an Asian woman and a Caucasian woman. I loved it so much! There was no fear about her being in love, no fighting it, just complete acceptance. I enjoyed this so freaking much on so many levels that it is legit insane. My favorite story on here EVER!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Evergreen story....

Will never forget this one...wasn't exited at all, just mesmerised by the way it was.... Awesome Salish, simply awesome...!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A beautiful love story

What can I say, this is just a beautiful love, with the love between the two ladies slowly but surely coming to fruition. I just love the happy ending, and can only guess how their life together unfolds. I just love this story, especially seeing the two ladies enjoying healthy pursuits in the beautiful countryside around Seattle.

Randee1958Randee1958over 8 years ago
Loved it😘

Yes it does stand alone. Although having already read Reboot 1-2. I wish I would've read this story first. Beautiful work. 😍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Exceptional

Such a well written story. Romance, love, acceptance and best of all a dash of wistful reality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you

You are an excellent writer in all the aspects that entails. More, please.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 7 years ago
Wonderful story

You take the reader by the hand and take her along to a wonderful story, lovely characters. It is extremely well written and digs deep into the emotions of the main characters. And into mine: I wept at the scene of Meaghan, coming out to her father and particularly his reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Heart full of love.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

IWantTACOSIWantTACOSover 7 years ago
Amazing read

It kept me reading the whole time. I just couldnt walk away from it until i finished it. Too many stories in the world that dont end happily so when i read things like this it really satisfies my mind. Keep writing!👍👍👍👍

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Absolutely lovely story!

I had read The Broken Mirror first, and really loved that one, so finding this delightful story, about how Meaghan and Sarah got together was like icing on the cake! Thank you so very much for sharing these stories, please keep writing them!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

Ok, I made it three months before coming back and re-reading this series, but it is just so good that you can read it over and over again, and it never gets old. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Top marks

Great story, well crafted and interesting. Erotic without being too "in your face"

pn44pn44almost 7 years ago
Worth reading again

One of the best stories ever

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Finish the story please

It was a great story...that being said you need to finish it in another chapter...there's so many more things I want to know

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Remarkable

It's rare a man writes so well about lesbians.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Once again this story has brought tears to my eyes!

This is, without a doubt, one of my very favorite stories on this site. Each time I read it, it brings tears of joy to my eyes! Thank you so very much for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's hard to know what to say

I have just discovered your work and am so full of comments and questions. Lit is mostly about fucking and keep it fast pace please so I can masturbate. You are an incredibly good writer and story teller. Your attention to descriptive detail is wonderful.

But what makes your work so amazing is that you understand that lovers make every act together foreplay - the sex becomes the celebration of the relationship - not the reason for it. I really appreciate your work, Your characters are genuine and multi dimensional - it's a pleasure to read. thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sweet story

I loved this. Hadn't even realised the author was male till I read another person's comment and went and checked the bio. The description of nervousness Sarah feels upon realising she's in love with her "friend" is almost exactly how I felt when I told my best friend I was in love with her back in high school... We didn't have the maturity of these two but we made it work, somehow. But I digress: best thing about the story was the love and emotions were primary, the sex secondary; yay for realistic romance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Frustrated

I love this story but wat happened kenna koltrite she was one of the best authors on here.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A very lovely love story!

Very lovely and very yummy too! Thank you!

sandiebiFsandiebiFover 4 years ago
OMG

What a story, so lovely, so romantic! I could picture each character, and I love both of them

portia98portia98about 4 years ago
Lovely!

In the words of an old song, "this is a fine romance" - and such a sexy one too!

Thank you for a delightful read!

Veronica xxxxx

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 4 years ago
Every time I read this story

It brings tears to my eyes! I love this story so much, probably more than any other story on this site. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us!

roveroneroveronealmost 4 years ago

Perhaps third time I've read...still SO good, and sweet, and also hot-still brings tear to eye

-scrolling down thru comments amazed I've not left a comment before

amazing first story..

recall 4-6 yrs ago reading comment by a gold star author stating a male could never write a lesbian story as good as a woman...this blows that out of the water...understand only voting once rule, but still...

plus best friends live in Seattle-visited enough...you got the flavor of the city perfect, too

QueenofthegoldstarflickerQueenofthegoldstarflickerover 3 years ago
Adore!

I just love and adore your work!

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerover 3 years ago
Adorable

Salish this is a brilliant story well written and very loving couple I hope we hear more about these two Sarah and Megan and do they have children I have read this story many times and find something different I missed last time I read this story please write more stories Salish fantastic.xxx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read a lot of erotic stories, here in literotica and elsewhere, but I think I've never felt something like this when reading a story. Sarah and Meaghan are so real, they're so true. This story made me feel butterflies, just like Sarah said. The feelings they have are so realistic, the fears, the hopes. You catched up those feelings incredible well.

I loved this story, so thank you so, so much for writing in and publishing it.

I hope you have a good day.

JoannexxJoannexxalmost 3 years ago

What a great story. So well written - absolutely incredible. I had to hold back tears several times…and what an ending!

As a new Literotica writer I’ve learn from your style. Absolutely loved the story - thank you!

FOXI27FOXI27almost 3 years ago

Its difficult to find such cute stories on lit. I'm glad I found it. 5 stars

fallwatcherfallwatcherover 2 years ago

This story is just so freaking adorable. Well done!

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

A well deserved 5 stars for marvelously written love story. Nana was the best, I wish every gay person had people in their lives like her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow you take my breath away. I find myself pulled in to exactly how a relationship should be and what it means. I wish I could find such a relationship in real life and your stories give me hope of what my marriage could be. Thank you so much for sharing

TransbianWriterTransbianWriterover 2 years ago

Absolutely lovely story, with great writing as well. Good cadence, description, and just the right dose of realism from the first person perspective!

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 2 years ago

Not the first time of reading, but a perfect story for Valentine's Day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A lovely, very touching love story! I loved the writing and the flow of the story.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

I don't know why I didn't favourite this story the first time I read it, perhaps I was still Anon at that time.

kathy2012kathy2012almost 2 years ago

A delightful story! Character development was superb! Sex scenes were well done and very passionate! Love story very well done!

Regards,

Kathy

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Simple, sweet, and romantic. But just a *little* devoid of drama/conflict.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSalish@Salish
I am a writer, software developer, Klingonist, and general nerd. After a lifetime of immersion in science and technology, I discovered writing, quite by accident, while reading Literotica in 2014. The result was Evergreen Kiss, and the feedback here is one of the biggest reaso...