All Comments on 'Every Man's Fantasy Ch. 15'

by Erinaceous

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
SynapsisSynapsisover 8 years ago
I'm sure there was a point to this chapter

For the life of me though, I couldn't figure out what it is. It was filled with an odd mix of antifeminist ranting, the breaking of the fourth wall, and a lot of pointless descriptions of travel. I really liked the previous chapters but this one really seemed like a pointless filler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome

Another great chapter. I like how your taking your time and not rushing through the story. What if Yumi had twin boys lol just an ideal

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great series

Love your story! Can't wait to read more about Ezra!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Somewhat meandering

But I think I understand why you wanted to invest so much into the tech details and various side stories. The feminazi routine seemed... extensive -I agree with much of the rhetoric, yet am unsure of the relevance to the story. But it's your bully pulpit to use as you will.

Some industrial espionage might underpine the Yumi storyline -or not. Maybe it's just a matter of the big Corp not wanting their merger threatened by her pregnancy?

The extensive separation of the newlyweds seems like a terrible strain, yet I'll wager Danielle pours herself into her work in response to her loneliness -thus driving the Samothea project forward with her force of will.

I'm truly enjoying your tale, and I could tell that you had a lot of fun with this chapter as well, which came through wonderfully as a sense of lightheartedness (putting aside the imbeded social treatise lol).

What seemingly started as a well detailed yet lighthearted sex fantasy is quickly revealing the depth of a far reaching drama.

Thanks once more for sharing your time and talent,

Jason

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Danielle's story

I find the chapters about Danielle to be a real trial to get through since I see the overall story as being about Ezra and I begrudge the chapters that don't involve him and Samothea. I find myself skimming through them. If the author finds them necessary, they could still be much, much shorter. The author has the right to include whatever characters he wishes, of course, but as a reader of the story I also have the right to skim over them as distractions from the main story.

That said, I find the story of Samothea to be very well written. With the erotic elements less detailed it could well be published professionally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I disagree with those who say this chapter had no use...

It laid ground work for development of the engine necessary for Danielle's rescue of Ezra, though he may not WANT to be rescued in the traditional sense.

It also created a plot device for Hestia to become involved in the story, again. If you recall, she said if she could ever find a place like that, she would move there immediately. 'A place like that' IS Samothea, so I expect her to pop back up.

The look into Danielle's foray into feminism fits very well with Ezra's observations of how things are, or have become on Samothea with no men involved.

Plus, there is some intrigue going on related to Yumi's background, and it's related to one of the big industrial manufacturers in Japan, the same one who made the rocket engine Danielle saw in Kyoto.

Then, there was the smut mixed in for the pervs... ;)~

If the author had skipped, or cut back on ths chapter, you all would have been complaining about her not giving any background about events, in later chapters.

Can't have it both ways.

GeoD

ErinaceousErinaceousover 7 years agoAuthor
thanks GeoD

GeoD,

Thanks. You understand me extremely well. I've replied to your very kind earlier comment in a comment on chapter 19.

Regards,

Erinaceous.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorabout 7 years ago
love it

So much to marvel at :)

I really enjoyed your foray into the "awakened feminist".

Being a fairly old-fashioned male, it's rather disheartening to try to treat a woman with respect just because that's who I am. Worse is when I get scowled at when I hold a door for a woman. The fact that I hold doors open for Everyone - male, female, young or old - is irrelevant to the feminazis who seem bound and determined to be offended no matter what a man does.

That said, I could not care less about them any more than I do racists or any other "ists"... it's not my problem that they are limiting their lives and focusing on negatives. I figure it's a pretty short life, might as well enjoy it - and I'm thankful that I have a similar outlook to Ezra's: I am happiest when those around me are content and cared for. Obviously that's why I identify with your protagonist so well, and yet your story is so much richer than yet another "Nice Guyz gets Lotz Sex Yo" :D

Almost caught up and ready to set off into unexplored territory, but sadly also time to get some rest. I'm looking forward to the new adventures in a very few chapters but wanted to stop and say "Thanks for sharing your time and talent" before I head for the land of Nod.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
FEMINISM - ANOTHER VIGNETTE

An elderly man I knew over two decades ago (long deceased) whose orientation was that of an earlier generation, when a woman got onto him for holding the door open for her, replied "Well..... I thought you was a lady"!

Made even more amusing by the fact that he was a gentle, congenial, mild-mannered gentleman.

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userErinaceous@Erinaceous
I've just submitted my 2021 Geek Pride story to be published in May. It's the 2020 story that I never finished. The title is 'We are such stuff'. The story is 18,500 words long and is written in an odd style as an experiment: all dialogue and no narrative. I'm still slowly ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES