All Comments on 'Every Man's Fantasy Ch. 20'

by Erinaceous

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
MikipubMikipubover 7 years ago
Great Chapter!

A lot going on in this chapter! Looking forward to the next one. From the pace it seems you're going to wrap up this story arc in the next chapter or so. You've created an awesome universe here and I am impressed with you character development. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just finished reading chapter 20 and i loved it

I disagree with the dissenters, the Roger and Danielle component of the story was needed and working the 'rescue' in as part of the main story to me was the way to go. You have every right to be prejudiced it's YOUR story, tell it any way you please just don't pay to much attention to the nit pickers who analyse a work of fiction to much because i seriously doubt that any of them are authors themselves, looking forward, as always, to reading more :)

Tazzy

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Your take on the feminist / anti-feminist politics is highly amusing.

I sincerely appreciate the political and economic intrigues you have highlighted, this helps your story ring so true as the reality of a Samothea situation would surely stir up great interest and consternation in the proposed Anglosphere (an interesting word in itself).

I look forward to the spreading of the news that Samothea/Wildchild herself "owns" the planet. That is certain to cause some interesting ripples in the pond. What is a little dismaying is that the Samothea project gave so little thought to a few matters so far (though, given their original focus, perhaps they are also largely forgivable - it can be as hard to plan for success as it is to cope with failure):

1) There certainly needs to be a Science Team sent to survey the area of space around Samothea and to better understand the affects on the planet of the nearby black hole and the massive X-ray radiation in the region - including climatologists and meteorologists and other geology and planet-science types.

2) Also missing in any such excursion is the Survey/rescue vessel to find and locate (and salvage) the remains of the original colony vessel (which did not reach the planet), and to both Honor the lives lost (suppose some survived in hibernation in pods?), but to attempt to rescue anything of possible value to the colony (breeding stock?).

3) Additional medical research folks to help discover the reason why males seem to have been so disproportionately affected by the experience and phenomena on and around Samothea.

4) Some mental health Doctors and Anthropologists would find the society of Samothea something of great value to study as well! (Also, the impact on their society of their "rescue" and end of their isolation - and the story of how they will choose to address the massive changes headed their way. Such scientists would be literally BEGGING for a once-in-all-human-history chance to study the social dynamics of this situation! ...and the Physicists would be greatly bemused to observe the social researchers spoil their only study sample in the process.)

I also look forward to Ezra's news conference(s) granting him the ability to respond to his sociological "accusers". The dialog with the feminist cadre should prove most interesting and illuminating there! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please do not let this universe die.

when you get to the end of this saga , and I am sure you will, please expand as GrandPam recommended. these are several avenues for great companion stories I have loved this saga from the first chapter and not so patiently await each new installment. Keep up the good work. RHS.

ErinaceousErinaceousover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are all very kind and encouraging.

Mikipub. I'm glad you like it.

Tazzy, thanks for your support.

GrandPaM. I'd like to answer your comment in detail but I can't because of spoilers. I admit you have suggested one thing I haven't considered - though I won't tell you which one it is ;).

RHS. I can't promise anything. I have ideas but I lack time (the same old story in these fast-paced modern times). But I'm glad you enjoy my work and I'd love to continue it beyond the original story.

Next chapter will come sooner than the usual prolonged wait.

Thanks again,

Erinaceous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Five stars again but deserves more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enjoy this story but

The commentary about women in science , that might apply to a llimited degree to current times is unlikely, considering the pace of change, to be framed in a similar way in the future. It seems to me to be out of place here. Even in the present, you are missing a lot. For example, calculus is taken and has been taken for many years (since 1960s!) by good students in high school, not University, and while a gender gap exists, it's getting much smaller. Your comments about feminists, anthropology etc. also seem stuck in the mid 20th Century.

DarthpimpDarthpimpover 7 years ago
Getting long in the tooth, but not old.

The more I read if this story the more I like it. The characters are all believable, the science specific yet vague enough on details to be possible. Though it is rare, the humour is quite funny, and now the tension is ramping up quite well onwards to a climax. I will admit, I was surprised you didn't take the obvious, if dangerous, PR solution that I saw. When Roger stated that he was going to solve Danielle's problems I thought he would suggest making a video book about the Samothean society. It would be a good way to shut up feminists who were harping on about Ezra 'taking advantage' of the women, while showing that they were more than capable of taking care of and ruling themselves. While it would instigate many discussions over how the Earth/Anglosphere could 'improve' things, it would also get even the most radical of feminists on the side of the Samotheans in order to maintain their matriarchal society. And I just realised how long this is, sorry, and keep up the good work. I look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Why?!?

WHY AREN’T YOU TAKING OUR DAMN MONEY?!?

GadfiumGadfiumabout 5 years ago
To the cap-lock Anon

Note this from Erinaceous' author bio tab:

"I hope readers will become Patrons and support my writing. They will receive teasers, early publications, re-written chapters and original art-works. Go to https://www.patreon.com/erinaceous25 "

maddictmaddictalmost 5 years ago
A never ending story, if you have time

A very timely story, there is so much I like about Samothia. Professor Jacov really, I just got the joke. Or your a Brit. I'm fairly certain our author is a man, since you don't specify in your bio. Certainly a Man's paradise but very enlightening concerning women's stories and concern's.

35 children in 4 yrs. Who dah man Ezra.

I love binge reading this story rightly took some time and effort Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
TARGET: FEMINISM

I kinda got a kick out of Erinaceous' analysis of (digs at?) feminism, via his story characters.

But then I think it's accurate.

Anonymous 12/09/16 (titled "Enjoy this story but") opines:

Your comments about feminists, anthropology, etc. also seem stuck in the mid 20th century.

This comment roots the issue in the category of technological progress, such as cars and computers. When in actuality it is rooted in human biology, namely the relationship of female to male. That women are different from men PHYSICALLY is indisputable (men do not give birth to babies, for example).

It is a small step to recognize that women are different from men in other areas, such as psychological and social.

Two related tidbits come to mind.

One. Decades ago I read that women are better at assembly of small electrical (and other) components. This is obviously physical (smaller fingers), but may also be related to female mental disposition to such tasks.

Two. Maybe 3? decades ago, I read in a national news magazine (Time?) about a woman -- college professor, if I remember correctly -- who believed that the gender propensities of children were not innate: boys like trucks and girls like dolls because of the way they are raised. She was surprised when her own very young daughter showed up dressed in her feminine, frilly clothes when there were guests in the living room to preen for them. The woman could not blame that on gender biased training by the mother! It was a blow to the woman's feminist tenets.

The current issue with transgender male-to-females trouncing females-since-birth in athletic competition shows the biological and political shortcomings of the ideology that leads to such practices.

Summary.

Women are better at being women.

Men are better at being men.

To fight against the way you were born,

is to commit a very fundamental error.

Kudos to Erinaceous

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userErinaceous@Erinaceous
I've just submitted my 2021 Geek Pride story to be published in May. It's the 2020 story that I never finished. The title is 'We are such stuff'. The story is 18,500 words long and is written in an odd style as an experiment: all dialogue and no narrative. I'm still slowly ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES