All Comments on 'Everywhere'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great work

Loved it will look forward to more stories.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Nice one Woodman

Nice story, well written and a good read. Keep them comimg.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very nice story...

Very nice story. The guy that downgraded it just before my comment don't have a heart. Keep up the great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nice Story

Very nice story--don't need sex to be good--a good story is just that--good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Big man,small tear

you reduced me to a blubbering idiot, I've read a lot of stories on here this one moved me.

gdk38gdk38over 14 years ago
thank you

i enjoy your writing very much . keep up the good work it is refreshing to read stories with interesting plots, thank you againg, galen

gdk38gdk38over 14 years ago
thank you

i enjoy your writing very much . keep up the good work it is refreshing to read stories with interesting plots, thank you againg, galen

JohnWayfarerJohnWayfarerabout 14 years ago
Well Done!

Well written ... well done

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 14 years ago
Stories of the Heartland

This is how fly over country lives. Honesty, hard work, and loving loyalty. Give and it will be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over...

OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Truth is stranger than fiction

This story had it all. It could have almost been the story of one of my best mate's life. I say almost coz' he didn't bust up the big guy, but he did help the lady out at roadside and he ended up with a ready made family of two wonderful girls. Overall a very emotive tale that absolutely didn't need explicit sex scenes in it - implied sex was quite sufficient. Thanks

auhunter04auhunter04about 13 years ago
Country life and music

Now I dont know why some people get down on country. Country is what brought this nation up country music is about the lives and times of people and our country growing up. Now mind you I aint putting other music down just country music seems to come way down in a persons soul. I feel the same way about Jazz. I enjoy a little of "almost kind of music". But I really only buy country

Now Mr Jake Rivers has always done a good job yarning a tale, and this one aint no different.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 13 years ago
Move over, DG Hear, there's a new sheriff in town!

Before reading this story, I had read "Entertained Enough by Love" which I thought was one of the best stories that I've ever read, by you or any other author. Now, I'm not so sure. This story was terrific in all aspects. I can't express to you enough my admiration and appreciation for your work. Don't ever change and, for God's sake, don't ever stop writing.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Pay it Forward

How nice it was to see that reference! I saw it and believe in it.

I notice there are a lot of comparisons with DGHear. Personally I wouldn't rate one above the other, but really enjoy both.

I've read most of DGHear's stories and am slowly working my way through woodmanone's tales. And what an enjoyable trip it is!

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
More please?

Outstanding story! I learn more from every story of yours that I read. But isn't there a dichotomy between the last sentence of the final paragraph and the ending lyrics that were obviously put there for a reason? It certainly wouldn't pass the nit-picking 'husband test' of even a deaf and blind wife. That said, I think even Mr. McGraw might agree with my request, "...More please?" (Oliver Twist).

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
excellent story

gave u a 5. lets hope in 10 years he does not come home and find the love of his life airtight with 3 others waiting for the holes to open up.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 10 years ago
Great story

Interesting, in that from the very beginning it was obvious how the story would develop. But in spite of that, it never bogged down. It was well paced, giving the impression by the way the narrative moved, that the hero was in no hurry, and was willing to take his time and work through his grief. A very skillful telling of a simple but meaningful tale. Nice job.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
A TRAVELING MAN GATHERS NO MOSS

but he could find love in all the wrong places. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
The right ending -

I agree - it needed to end the way that it did -

I also agree it got there in a very entertaining way and the pace and process was smooth and pleasant -

Nicely told story - Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
excellent

You prove to me in every story, except for the one I gave you a 1* in, that you are a great romantic writer of the old school.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
And Another One....!

And yet another excellent tale...and again with no cheating. I really enjoy these stories of yours. I have been reading all your stories and they keep getting better and better. The only question on this story is I don't know if I could have missed the girl's funeral. It would seem that would be necessary for 'closure' (I don't really like that word.). To say goodbye to the girl and her family before he started on his trip. Thanks again for another great story.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Absolute top notch writing.

I admire your talent very much. You are easy to read and quick to enjoy, so I do. I don't notice editing problems very often unless they are glaring and even then they are secondary, to me, to the story. I am definitely not a romance novel fan but your stories are so good that I just started at the top of the list and worked down, saving the extended stories till last. Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Washington Weather Taint So Bad

As a lifelong Washingtonian I can testify that the weather there actually isn't that bad. You just have to do outdoor things in the rain.

Pretty good story!

poppu831poppu831about 8 years ago
Brings Back Memories

I have recently began reading your stories and really enjoy them. Four years ago I lost my wife of more than 40 years and my life was meaningless. I have recently met a wonderful lady who lost her husband of almost 40 years a few months before I lost my wife. We have become very close and have found a new life together. We sometimes speak of her husband and my wife in heaven watching over us and waiting for the day we will join them.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
the kind of story you feel good about reading

and that makes you feel good.

thanks

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 8 years ago
Enjoyable

As always a fine story. I am in the process of re-reading all this author's stories a second time.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Third reading

I keep coming back to Woody’s stories. There are very few authors on Lit who are as entertaining to read, and who have the overall quality of his stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
life

exceptional story

norafaresnorafaresalmost 5 years ago

This was such a heartfelt short story. I read through a train ride and the time flew. I suppose I will find out if the rest of your stories are like this once I read them. If they are, I am sure I will enjoy them. I look forward to coming across one of your westerns soon.

Cheers,

Nora

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So great!

This is such a sweet “good ole boy” story! I love it! Through your details and the way Woody talks and acts, I can picture him perfectly! Great engaging read And I can’t wait to read more of you work!

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Liked the ending, but the whole story was way too sad for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would have been 5* aside from the unnecessary politics in the beginning. Loved the rest of the story. Keep up the good work.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 2 years ago

Couldn't read anymore after Jess died. I hate that you did that. Death doesn't belong here. There is too much already.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

You sure know how to make a grown man grow misty eyed

Woodmanone... 👍👌

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Beautiful. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MaultascheMaultasche12 months ago

Woodmanone, you are a great tusitala, a great story teller. What a nice story.

linnearlinnear8 months ago

Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great plot, wonderful characters, the type of people that make a county great. As to the politics, whether one agrees with your positions or not, it was part of building the character. Love your writing.

This is a must read for true fans of "Romance".

The hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Simple sweet romance.

Thanks, Woodmanone

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2296 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...