All Comments on 'Ex-wife Wants Him Back'

by MgmtProf

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Curious

So why did they really divorce, more details.

rick_ohrick_ohover 6 years ago
Seconded

Good start but some background is necessary. I know it's implied that the divorce happened because she took him for granted and was hard on him and his wants and desires; Are there resentments on his part that will come up later? Is she a control freak? And so on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
sounds like a distant relative of my wife

the couple would hook up every month or so. It worked for them.

SigintSigintover 6 years ago
Somewhat Better

Yet still incomplete.

Jesse, huh? Still her punk, as written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dr. Richards?

She calls him Dr. Richards? WTF?

Note, just twice she called him "Jesse". ALL other times are Dr.Richards, or babe, or baby. That's not realistic, I don't think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
too much

Too much fantasy. There is never that much "remorse" poured in any reignition of a relationship, especially from a woman who "NEEDS to be in charge"...

A lot of wishful fiction

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
didn't work for me

very little background. the reconciliation seemed extremelt forced. Without any insight about what went wrong with them, hard to pull for them being together again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A very ambitious technique.

Coming into the middle of a dysfunctional relationship is very difficult for the reader. Since every aspect of the relationship is unknown, there is no context in which the reader can understand the words and actions. Unless you expect the readers to be just your tools for a literary effect, you have to give us somewhere to begin, and for us to build upon that. We have a divorced couple with a child, who appear to be exploring reconciliation, or maybe just a sexual relationship, or maybe one of the spouses is continuing with the manipulation of the other, or maybe one of the spouses is part of a plot to take financial or emotional or physical advantage, or maybe . . . it never ends. Like coming into the middle of a conversation, without being able to ask for explanations or what has transpired previously. Unless the current conversation is really interesting, most listeners drift away realizing they are not part of what is going on.

Your story reads like it was written for someone else. Was that your goal?

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Ah what's next ? Part 2 I hope

To me it's not finished? I could be wrong? So half rewards but Thanks anyway

★★★☆WOOF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good Start

A little short IMO though it seems there should be a sequel !

weathermanksweathermanksalmost 6 years ago
Good!

I love a happy ending.

jharpjharpover 5 years ago

I'm curious, why did they divorce? And what prompted her to want him back?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wimp or stupid

He saw the fact they we're getting along better was a big difference from before.

He noted her wanting to pay for everything as old behavior of her"s trying to be in control.

He started to whine when he thought she wanted him to move away.

He did not trust her to let her know he was doing well and making money.

He stated his ex-wife's mother was still the most important focus in her life.

All that and he rolled over, even after a divorce, and let her walk back into his life and take over.

Wimp and stupid.

mmbny47mmbny47over 5 years ago
Nice writting poor story line

She fucked his best friend behind his back, She fucked him over once. WHY in the fuck would he let her have a chance to make as fool of him again??? No pussy is that good,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Watch it !!

Your Dr better watch out, this ex is too confident and pushy. Keep your guard up Son, and ensure the exit is free of obstructions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good as it...

...stands (4*) but has potential for a much better longer story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Familiarity.

Why people reconcile. Sharing time with someone you feel comfortable in your skin with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sometimes, when you are apart like they've been, you realize it was not the best idea. I hope they get back together and if age permits, have another baby.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

Ridiculous premise. Divorced people don't behave like this. Even in Fantasyland. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Umm there isn't much here. If you read one of the other stories with same characters, we learn she was a shrew and control freak. But not much else. Lame. How does this get a 4 star on here?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

RAAC = instant dislike try again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No beginning or end.

Sorry three stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My ex wife came over last night and we screwed. Yes that is a less than one page story. You showed your ‘skill’ as a writer and I need to know no more about your thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Okay... confusing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous