All Comments on 'Faith, Friendship, and Passion Ch. 03'

by Architect9669

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Interesting story. Sad, deceitful, faith and faithfulness.

I don't know if it's a true story or not; but it certainly can be and it also shows that Christians can make mistakes. Not that they are better or morally righteous but that despite a faith in their God, they can still fall...and be redeemed.

gordo12gordo12about 10 years ago
A story that shows

how putting your "beliefs" in a fairy tale can be so damaging. It amazes me that otherwise intelligent people still subscribe to such superstitions.

gordo12gordo12about 10 years ago
PS

The story is well written though despite the content :-)

ramonbrookramonbrookabout 10 years ago
Loved the story but have mixed feeling....

I always look for the husband and wife to reconcile unless one of the spouses are so outrageously wrong that there is no conceivable way for that to happen. However in this story I was rooting for Rebecca and Brad.

The story ended exactly the way that it should have! Trisha is a good person that needs Brads love just as much as Rebecca and the woman who he loves and loves him most (Rebecca) fixed his marriage because she loves him unconditionally.

If their relationship was exposed they would have struggled with damaging too many other lives. They are both good people and could not live with that. I would have like to have seen maybe 20 years down the road and maybe both Tricia and Jonathon passed away that they get married and continue their love. But that is just my romantic side coming out!

I loved your stories and felt a kinship with your characters. I used to think a cheater is just that and going to hell, but I too am a faith based Christian (not religious) and have evolved in my faith to know I'm not perfect and I sin daily. I'm doing it right now!

Life is hard and when you find your soulmate, even after you are married to someone else, it is hard to walk away. Gave you story a 5 and it would have been higher if it could be! The only criticism is that the story came to an end.

Sidney43Sidney43about 10 years ago

For some reason, I never read the first two submissions before and this gave me the benefit of reading all three chapters in order without the wait between postings. I really liked your story and the thoughts about religion and how people interact with their church did not detract from it. I guess it helps that my own feelings more or less coincide with what you wrote.

I liked the fact that you wrote the story with them making the choice to end the affair and continued the marriages. This story read very true to life other than a few minor points which did not really have much effect.

patilliepatillieabout 10 years ago
So sad

Such betrayal, but appears both couples trying to work it out. Dont know what you meant about telling them when you are ready-ready to do what??? Get divorced, swap wives ???

janic3janic3about 10 years ago
Jezzzus H

First - kudos for excellent writing skills. BUT. ... The story was only mediocre and that's being generous.

I have a feeling you wanted to portray Brad as a conflicted but strong individual. He came across as a conniving, spineless, piece of shit. Constantly crying like a fuckin baby. Yeah, it's okay for men to cry - for real reasons - he had none.

He was a spineless weenie. I only kept reading to see if you were going to expose him for the POS he is. Or hoped that he would drown during the night during one of his frequent cryin' spells.

Instead you magically transformed Trish into a sexual dynamo to appease the weenie. Wish Trish would have found someone worthy of her. Poor Rebecca, had to not only put up with the obnoxious husband but also see Brad as an attractive alternative. Poor kid. She'll never know what a real man is like.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Love and Sex

Here they are two different things. Apparently Trish is damaged for life but she is worth being married to. That Johnathan decided to change churches is just as important as Trish's change. Excellent read.

RealDocRealDocalmost 9 years ago
agreat story

well told. Emotions beautifully described and so close to reality for many of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Finally a realistic story

Well written story about real life and real people. Thanks for the honesty and dealing with the vast range of emotions.

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
True religion is your Conscience. Listen & Follow.

A really good & realistic tale about sin,morality & religious dogma & its effect on society. This is a universal nuisance with roots as old as humanity itself.

In a way it also shows the impact of 'conditioning' & how it can make or break a person.

Both Brad & Rebecca are not your everyday cheaters.They are more like the Star - Crossed Lovers. The proverbial Soul Mates for sure, just coming together in a wrong timeline. IMO.

However,I was glad that they remained just friends & ended the sexual part of their relationship,in the end. It gels well with their true nature.

Overall, a nicely written story & a bit different from the usual cheating drivel.

I hope you would continue to share more of your work. 5 * for the whole series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A very good story

I was hoping for a better ending. Where they got to gether and lived happy ever after. But with all those kids it would be tough.

LVGirlLVGirlover 7 years ago
Trail Blazing

I don't think that I've seen a better story dealing with the problems of living a happy life and being true to one's faith. These are moral and thoughtful people who are struggling to find the balance between these two imperatives.

Their spouses are both very religious people, but Tricia was honest and true to herself while Jonathan was a hypocrite. Rachael's effort to change Tricia's approach to sex was both generous and kind. I don't think that there can be a happy ending to this tale, so leaving it hanging may be the best thing for these characters.

Excellent story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Amazing work!

All three chapters are a wonderfully thoughtful, imaginative, sensitive, and very erotic exploration of the problem of fidelity in relationships. Even at the height of their passion, the protagonists are always aware of the moral implications of their behavior. At the end, they are able to repent of their adultery in a way that acknowledges what they have done without either wallowing in remorse or dishonouring everything that was beautiful and life-giving in their relationship. This takes the "sex with neighbour" genre way beyond "I saw my neighbour in a bikini and three minutes later we were fucking like animals in her hot tub." It's not all about sex, but when the sex does happen it's as amazing for the reader as for the participants. I'm an old horn-dog who loves raunchy, lewd and debauched stories as much as the next pervert, but this is probably the hottest thing I have ever read on Literotica.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Excuses

Just a lot of tired excuses and blaming about why they cheated. If they are Christian, they certainly are hypocrites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is an old story

So you probably don't care about feedback anymore, but there is something beyond disgusting about Rebecca becoming close friends with Trisha. It's not noble or good she's trying to make things better for her ex lover by being friends with a woman whose family she nearly broke up, particularly since Rebecca is still in love with her husband. It's gross gross gross, on top of the gross affair they had.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant! Pity you stopped writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous