Falling for Fae Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

King agreed. Most of the time, he allowed his youngest child freedom, but a demon was nothing to play with. If the monster caught her scent, he would capture her and feed on her essence. The King and Queen vanished to her apartment. Rhy was home, afraid and furious. She thought about it. Her parents must have set this up. They really didn't want her with Anthony. Anthony was her mate and she would not be denied him.

"Rhyannon, are you alright?" The king asked concerned.

Rhy lashed out. "You did this. You don't want me with him. You hate him because he's human. So you scared me and made me run home. It won't work mother; he is mine. I will have him."

"Watch your tone, young lady." The King ordered, but Rhy was not done.

Rhy continued her rant, "You had me watched. I've only been here a week and I'm being babysat. You did not do this with Aria and Rue. No, but they dated men you approved of. What was so bad that you had me to run from him, mother? What?"

"Rhyannon, something is not right about this man. His friend is dangerous." Rhy cut her mother off.

"Mom, you don't even know him. You are so prejudice, so judgmental. I can't believe you." Rhy vented. King Alfendae heard enough.

He spoke, "You can be upset, but I won't sit here and let you abuse your mother. Did we send guards? Yes, and it's a good thing we did. But daughter, if one more vile word spews from your mouth, I will give you the all desired freedom you claim to want. I will leave you in this world for the rest of the allotted time with no protection at all."

Rhy turned on her father, "Ha, I wish you would. Because then I can have a real life. Just go home and leave me alone." The Queen tried to speak, but Rhy yelled once more. "Just go!"

Queen Fezira pushed back, "No, you are young and being very foolish. This place is not like the forest. We can protect you there, but here there are too many other dangers. A Briar Demon is here and he will drain the life from you if he gets his hands on you. You silly girl, we are trying to save your life." She grabbed Rhy's shoulder, and her daughter wrenched away, shoving her mother back.

King Alfendae caught his wife and made sure she was OK. He was disappointed in his daughter. And his next action broke his heart, but it had to be done. "You are free. Live your life as you choose. We will no longer interfere." The Queen gasped. Rhy felt cold. Soon her parents left, and she felt alone.

Cleaning her apartment, she went to bed. Her father placed money in her account to take care of her needs so she didn't have to worry about money. But then she remembered, he said he was releasing her. She wondered, Did that mean she really had to find a way to support herself? She didn't panic. In a few weeks her rent was due, and she had the funds to pay it. Usually money uploaded to her account bi-weekly, so if she got a message, she'd know that at least she was still receiving her bi-weekly allotment.

An entire week passed, and she never got a message. She called the bank and was told the account had only enough in it to keep it from closing. Angry that her father thought this was a suitable punishment, Rhy called out to her parents, Mother Dead air. Father! Dead air.

She rushed to her landlord and asked if he had spoken to her parents and he laughed at her. "You foolish girl, they are done with you. They have covered your tuition for school and that's all, the rest is now on you." Rhys was shocked. She looked around, and realized, many of the people that were there a day before were missing. She was really alone and on her own.

Meanwhile, Roddrick was checking in with Anthony. The girl was a no show, but when he left his office he scented fairies. She was a fairy. Fairies were a delicacy. If he could get his hands on her, he could use her to control her father. A fairy King would give his life to save his daughter. If Anthony had a fairy in his class then he needed to sit in that class.

*****

Rhy rose the next morning. She had to get to class. She dressed and rushed in, arriving early as usual. When she arrived, he was not alone. A gorgeous male was with him. Rhy sauntered in and she felt his companions eyes zero in on her. Not sure how to deal with this new attention, Rhy simply sat in her usual seat. The other students filed in. As she sat, she realized so much in her life had changed. The class had actually gotten smaller. She felt alone. Shaking her doldrums, she focused on her mate. His friend joined the class and sat right next to her.

Leaning over, he whispered, "I'm Roddrick. I want to talk with you after class."

Rhy deliberately ignored him. Roddrick was persistent. "You smell divine little one. Now, be a sweet girl and nod if you understand me little fairy."

Rhys gasped, and nodded. Roddrick said one more thing. "Don't leave, we need to talk."

Anthony started the class. Rhy wasn't interested in anything he was talking about. The man next to her made her uncomfortable. She shifted in her seat, and he sent, Don't move.

Rhy was nervous now. He had to be something else. She knew he was not fey. Was he vampire, wolf? He wasn't ugly, so definitely, not a gnome.

Soon, class ended and Rhyannon wanted to get out of there. Roddrick sent again, Don't move! So she sat frozen.

It was at this point she needed to call her parents. She also realized that they were right; she was in some sort of danger. She called to them again, and got no response. Roddrick walked over to Anthony and spoke to him. Anthony left, leaving them alone.

Walking towards her smiling, he seemed none threatening at first, so she relaxed a little. "I knew a fairy once. She was the only female that ever got close enough to me to hurt me. I let her live and she ran from me. I won't make that mistake again."

He faced Rhy, "I don't really want you little fairy. I want your Dad. What would he give to have his little princess back?"

Rhy, never on to hold her tongue, spoke back. "My father is done with me, so you won't get anything. What are you?"

His eyes flashed as he smiled, "I'm Briar. I feed on all mythical kind. You, my dear will be my next meal. Fortunately for you, I don't have to feed for a few months, but when I do, understand that your sacrifice will be well worth it. As for Anthony, forget him. You're with me now. I will always find you my fairy. My people are watching."

If Rhy was not afraid before, then she was terrified now. She was going home. She realized her parents might still be upset, but they would not want her eaten by a demon. "You can't go home. I have it on good authority that for the next few months, you are on your own. Forget the forest, love; you'll be with me now."

His cockiness ticked her off, "Oh really, I guess I'm supposed to quiver in fear, run and hide. Think again, Demon. The only man I ever feared is my father, and you are not him. Yes, you may be bigger, stronger, or even more powerful than me, but you don't own me demon. You never will."

Roddrick had to step back. Only one other ever spoke to him like this and she got away. He missed her, but learned from his mistake. The heart makes you weak.

"Well played fairy. I'll see you around." He left. Other students started entering, and Anthony returned. She looked at him. His head was downcast, as if he was to afraid to face her.

Never one to back down; Rhy walked up to his desk. "Your friend is bold isn't he?" She took a deep breath. "Why won't you talk to me? I'm not giving up on us." She walked out.

Anthony exhaled. Something was not right. He had no intention of leaving her alone with Roddrick. He wasn't sure what Roddrick said to her. But from her reaction, it was not good. In the past, Roddrick was great at helping him, but now he worried about putting this young girl on his radar.

Anthony was not naïve. He knew Roddrick wasn't human. From his reaction today, the girl was something other than human as well. His next class was starting, so Anthony cleared his thoughts and focused on teaching.

Rhy was looking for work. Roddrick scared her, but she still had to survive. It was obvious that her parents were done with her for now. She had to figure this out on her own.. She wondered if this is what Felicity had to do. She never met her, but the other fairies often talked about the lost princess.

When she was younger, she asked about her sister and her mother left the room. Father told her that Felicity was not one of them anymore and to never ask about her again. He left to comfort mother. Aria and Rue sat with her and shared what they remembered of their oldest sibling.

Felicity was beautiful and willful. She would often go on top without permission causing father and mother great stress. Rue remembered that she left one day and father went after her. He and mother returned and mother grieved for months. She never saw Felicity again.

She didn't have time to think about that now, she needed work. She applied at several places, and left not feeling every hopeful. Then she saw a small pub, Faye's Pub, that's ironic.she thought as she entered. They were about to turn her away when a beautiful woman stopped them.

"Let's give her a shift." She smiled, "I'm feeling generous."

Not sure what she would have to do, Rhyannon was just grateful to have found work. She thanked her new employer who invited her back to her office. The office was not big, and it was crowded. "Hey, Fifi, the beer guy is here."

"Sit, I'll be back." She ordered. She took care of that order and returned.

"So, you are looking for work. I bet you have never worked a day in your life." She laughed. Rhy began to get upset. What was this? Pick on the small girl day?

"No, I haven't but I'm willing to learn." Rhy replied.

Fifi faced her, "You can start tonight. I'll have Macy train you. Turn in all bill payments, tips are yours to keep. You will find that the tips will be needed, because what you earn won't cover your expenses."

Rhy waited, and then her new boss went and retrieved her uniform. "You have to make sure it's clean, and you can order a second one. If you quit though, you must turn one back in."

"Thank you, Ms.?" Rhy paused.

"Just call me Fifi." She smiled, "See you at five." Rhy left her office. She had a job. She would certainly be there on time.

After Rhy left, Fifi closed her eyes, Did you find her? Have you seen your sister? A worried voice asked.

Yes, mother. She just left. I'm giving her a job. I'll watch out for her here. Felicity replied.

Queen Fezira sighed, Thank you, Felicity. I know I don't have the right to call on you, but I didn't have anyone else.

Mom, I got this. I'll look out for her for the next few months. Soon, your baby girl will be back home. Felicity sighed, I gotta go. Bye Mom.

She went back to work. Decades ago, Felicity declared her independence, much like her foolish younger sister had done. Her parents begged her to come home, but she was a free woman. Then she met him, Roedan. He was everything a girl dreamed of. He was tall, handsome, sexy as hell. He was also a smooth talker and her first and lover. Father met him and forbade her from seeing him. She defied her father and moved in with her lover.

The first few months were heaven. Then she started feeling tired. She would be so weak, and never knew why. One night, she came home early and found a Briar demon feeding on a vampire. She panicked and he changed form. She was done, it was then he told her that he drained her almost to empty, but let her live. He had to kill the vampire because he needed the energy to survive. He didn't have to feed from her anymore.

She stayed. She trusted Roedan. Then one night, they were out and a group of others came in. He looked at them and smiled. His eyes flashed and the group became angry. They opened fire, killing everyone in the place. Roedan loved it as his body absorbed their souls. He was a monster, a demon and she had to get away from him.

She ran and he followed her. Soon, he found her and convinced her that he loved her. Being young and foolish, Felicity believed him. She stayed. Then she witnessed an attack and ran from him. Luckily, she got away. She lost track of him and went on with her life. Now a Briar Demon might be tracking her baby sister. She didn't know what to do then, but now she was prepared. Rhyannon would not be harmed on her watch.

She studied the Briar, learned their weaknesses. There were only a few in the world, because unless they married another mythical being, they could not reproduce. He married her, not for love but to continue his bloodline. Felicity recalled holding her son months after she left Roedan. The baby was born too early and did not survive, but he was a replica of his father. Roedan never knew he fathered a child, and she would never tell him. She buried her soon in the forest. She knew father did not approve because he banned the fairies from that area and it was now a dead spot. Grass never grew on his small grave and there was rarely shade, but when she ventured out she would walk past to see his grave, to see her son that never had a chance to live.

*****

In the forest, Queen Fezira was relieved. She could not interfere with her daughter, but at least she had someone watching out for her. Her husband entered the room. He knew she was upset, and he wanted her to understand.

"She has to learn, Fen. We have given our children every opportunity and she takes advantage. I had to cut her off to teach her. I can send spies to watch out and if she is ever in real danger then we can I intervene."

The queen nodded, "I contacted Felicity."

Alfendae was shocked. "She answered?"

"Yes, and she's giving her a job. For right now, Rhy is not alone." Fenzira left the room

King Alfendae watched her walk out. His worst mistake was the way he treated their oldest child. However, as much as it hurt him, he had no choice. She had found her mate in an unlikely kind. There was no way he could allow a Briar near his family. True Felicity didn't know, and some hurtful words were said. She chose to leave with her demon.

Years ago, he watched as she grieved and buried her child. The child was part demon. He could tell from his coloring. He could have forbade her to bury him in the forest, but despite it all, this was is grandchild. He needed to be with his family. Not wanting his resting place disturbed, he banned the Fae from frolicking in that area. He wished he had at least spoken to her then, maybe she would have come home.

Alfendae had not spoken to her since. He was surprised to know the queen had. But then, she was her mother. A mother's love knew no boundaries. Alfendae sighed. He wanted a chance to talk to his oldest daughter, make amends if he could. But she never called him and even if he tried she would not answer. Deciding to chance it, King Alfendae reached out to his daughter, and was overjoyed when she answered. King Alfendae was assured that both of his girls were safe for now.

*****

Warren was out on patrol again. Rumors flew throughout the forest about Rhy and her parents. Weeks past and nothing was heard. It bothered him, but she was not his girlfriend and it was not his business. He liked her, but obviously she was not interested in a fairy so he let those thoughts die.

The king asked them to go on top. He knew that he wanted them to check in on Rhy, but he didn't directly say so. So he and his men did, and saw her. She was wearing a pair of butt-hugger shorts and the tiniest top imaginable. As a fairy, she was beautiful, ethereal even, but here as a human, she was freaking hot.

The guys let out a whistle and Warren reminded them that despite everything she was still royalty. However, his eyes never left her tight little frame.

"Let's get back." Roan stated.

Warren didn't move. He watched her until she disappeared inside of the building. He flew to the building, stopping when a group of there demons walked past. They approached the door and growled. It was then that he noticed the inscription on the frame. Gaelic! So powerful was that inscription that no demon dare cross.

Warren took off in flight. Every entrance was covered with the inscription. He smiled, As long as she is in that building, she is safe. I must alert King Alfendae. The fairies returned to the forest.

*****

Rhy reported to work. Fifi met her and introduced her to Macy. Macy was a girl about her age. She had worked at The Fae for a few years since she moved here. She must have been trustworthy as Fifi seemed to trust her implicitly. She took Rhy under her wing and showed her the basic. Tonight was a good night for a rookie; the crowd would not be very big.

Rhyannon listened carefully to everything Macy said. She followed her instructions to the letter. She had four tables and she kept the drinks flowing. Three gave her a tip where the fourth table left nothing.

As her shift ended, she felt pretty good. She saw Macy talking with Fifi. She felt the owner watch her all night. Macy was impressed. Fifi was not surprised, after all her kid sister was a fairy.

The night ended and they cleaned up. Fifi offered to drive them home. Macy knew not to refuse, but Rhy told her it was OK. Fifi stopped her. "Look, sweetheart. There were several men that watched you all night. Once you walk out of these doors they can be lurking anywhere. I'm driving you home. At least then I'll know you got there safely." Rhy smiled and thanked her boss. The bartender a big guy named Gus accompanied them. He agreed with Fifi, but she failed to understand she was just as vulnerable.

Climbing into the car, the four took off. Gus cracked jokes as they laughed; He noticed that Fifi was watching something out of the window. The dropped Macy off first, and as was her way, Fifi waited until she was safely inside her small apartment. She looked around once more.

Then they drove Rhy home. It was then she saw them. Demons waiting, watching. She picked up her knife and she and Gus walked Rhy to her apartment. Rhy thought that was strange as Gus carved a small inscription above her door. The left, but Felicity knew her sister was not safe there. A Briar was stalking her.

"What do you want to do, Fifi?" Gus asked as he drove away.

"She's a babe. She really has no clue. I won't let them take her." She answered.

This surprised Gus. He looked at her. "She's my sister, Gus. I can't let him do to her what he did to me."

Gus nodded. He heard enough. She was Fifi's sister, then she was now under his clans protection. Brethren, meet me. He sent. His coven responded and descended into his liar.

Gus waited as his brothers and sister came in. His father, Anton Svennick, was already there. As the oldest vampire, Anton had the final say. He governed the coven, but his children and other members could call a meeting when they needed to. He sat in the back, nursing a cool drink, as his children gathered around. He wore a sad smile. It was moments like this that he missed his wife, Velinda. His beloved was no longer a part of this life and his youngest daughter was gone as well. However, his remaining children were here. He sat and prepared to see what the issue was now.

~~~~~

This is a story I wrote a while back. After reading HarryHill's story, The Chosen One, I've always wanted to write a story about fairies. I'm sure some mistakes were made and I apologize. However, please remember, that behind this story is a person, one that values your feedback. Thank you. IR2R

12