All Comments on 'Family Flavors'

by CavyConsultant

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
parthenogenesisparthenogenesisover 10 years ago
Great story

Something new, and a lovely double twist. I thoroughly enjoyed Family Flavors.

Thank you.

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 10 years ago
It ended too quickly.

Though I really enjoyed this a lot.

I would like to know if the mum survived or not, but otherwise I'd love to read another story in the similar vein.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
utter crap

so unrealistic and the girl is just a scheming murdering slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I have read this before

Though its been a while, I am sure I have read this before

mafia_patriarchmafia_patriarchover 10 years ago
sour CoolWhip

I had a hard time seeing the point to this honestly. The mom is a little calculating and manipulative, and the girl is just cold-blooded. That apparent murder is textbook depraved indifference and irredeemable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Didn't expect the twist

Was waiting for more testing to progress with mother , son and Claire .

SiodisSiodisover 10 years ago
Bad Ending

The story was actually good, until Claire murders Deborah.

Corey2JustifiedCorey2Justifiedover 10 years ago

no! and who the hell is claire?

rockyraccoon35rockyraccoon35over 10 years ago
wow!

i love this, it's a perverse Stephen King mixed with Vincent Price! please follow-up with more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good to a point

enjoyed the story until the dumb murder!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not really a 'thriller"...

The mother-son coupling that was required in order to set the story in this genre is just 'barely there', far more a 'clinical' rape than true, loving consensual sex. Thus, it was barely arousing.

After that, there was only the mother's terribly warped desire, the discovery of her (presumed) accidental killings of both her husband and her elder son in lab accidents, followed by the second callous, premeditated murder in Claire's short and depraved lifetime.

Obviously, nothing further will happen for awhile. The storm will subside, morning will arrive, and Pete will go looking for his mother, to find her frozen to death scant feet from the house, apparently having lost her way between house and lab during the worst of the blizzard. This will seem a logical enough coroner's verdict, considering the fact that the normal practice of stringing heavy gauge rope between house and out-buildings (a nearly mandatory precaution in locations often subject to the blizzard condition known as a "white-out" - where you can barely see your hand in front of your face) had not been followed. The death will be ruled purely accidental, and no charges will be filed.

Time will pass, and Peter will inherit his mother's fortune and company. Since he doesn't have the science background to run it, Claire ( by now, his 'loving' wife) will suggest that he / they sell the company - reaping more millions of dollars.

And then, a year or so down the road, Peter will say or do something that displeases Claire and - having already learned how easily the truly crafty and terribly wealthy can get away with premeditated murder - she will arrange for Peter to meet with some tragic accident. That will leave her free to spend the rest of her life trying to spend around 300 million dollars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not a Xmas story

The writing was good, but the story was not. I have to say that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

As a Christams submission this falls short. There's no thematic link - you could take Christmas out of the story and you'd have the same story.

LedwardflashLedwardflashover 10 years ago
Thumbs Up

Different. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not bad

I DIDN'T LIKE HOW RHE GIRLFRIEND KILLED HIS MOM. IM THE BABY OF MY FAMILY AND CAN NOT IMAGINE MY MOM MOT AROUND ANYMORE. I HATED THAT PART

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
interesting story

the mom sounded like a total control well maniac so this was an interesting option for a ending if she died that is myself i love my mom but then again she is sweet and not controlling so this has no issue with this story good read

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
Erotic Horror - not incest/taboo

three deaths might be the indicator.

What little sexual activity there was could have been fetish because it was tainted by fantasy and the absurd.

HornyKipHornyKipover 4 years ago
Strange

It was an okay story, albeit harder than hell to.follow at times.

Foxterot7aFoxterot7aover 1 year ago

Unusual incestuous love story because there does not appear to be any love or affection between mother and son.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous