All Comments on 'Fantasy, Loss, and Summer Love'

by carrteun

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

A sweet story. I thought the drug deal angle took over too much from the theme of Celia and Keith, but I still read it all in a sitting and smiled at the end!

reader1000reader1000almost 3 years ago

Extra fine. Engrossing characters and strong plot line. And well-written and edited. Long and worth every minute. Thank you. As my wife was a long-time reporter, editor and columnist I believe you have walked that walk and it shows. Even down to the manual typewriters of that time. And the transitions in the industry layer. Authenticity makes a difference. I suspect your golf course knowledge is accurate as well. And I can almost taste the pignoli.

Ada StuartAda Stuartalmost 3 years ago

I believe this is your best story yet. Love the plotline :-)

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

This was a wonderful rambling romance. Really enjoyed this.

G5902G5902almost 3 years ago

As I already stated after page 2 — I love this story. My two hang ups with this “Summer Loving” story which I think by, the category, should be fun: 1. I know there needs to be a little drama but I think the story would have done better with out the drug thing, and 2. Keith is never a bad guy so I do not get the whole “supervised visits” attitude. It is a fantastic story that is well written and nicely paced over 12 pages. My quirks are trivial little things. I thoroughly enjoyed this story today and I so appreciate that you shared it with us!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Truly a pleasure to read. Well written. Excellent story development, Well rounded characters. This was a very good romance story. Keep on writing this way and you will have many happy followers. First stories are always the most difficult to write. It's your baby and you want it to be perfect. K

JohnD46JohnD46almost 3 years ago

Well done. I'll look for some of your other writings. John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A Rea treat for a wet Saturday morning, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Liked it, though I too didn't find much value to the drug dealing. In addition to the "usual" sorts of grammatical errors on this site, it looked to me like you might have done a global replace/removal of the company name. On the last/twelfth page, for example, I think I spotted 6 such omissions (i.e., "I owned .", "editor at .", "returned to from", "remained at for", "I ran .", "though eventually").

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Definitely could use an editor to clean up typos and grammatical issues as well as tightening up on the entire plot/story. Agree with others on the drug issue.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Another great one from you. Yes, I'd agree with the comments and especially with regard to the missing words where the paper's name or company should have been. That was annoying and unfortunately did spoil continuity from my perspective. I thought the drugs part was essential as it got Keith noticed with regard to his journalistic career although was surprised that Celia didnt notice him earlier in the paper but, there again having run away she had no interest in reacquainting herself with Keith. Still a great story and deserving of its rating.

carrteuncarrteunalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback. I investigated the 'editing' errors and found that text in the original document that was formatted to be displayed in italics did not get posted to Literotica. I will contact Literotica to get the issue corrected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for this very enjoyable read. I thought it was going to be a typical boy gets to sleep with an older neighbour, but it took us on an interesting journey with a happy ending. Small mistakes are no big deal. I still rated it as a 5.

carrteuncarrteunalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I have submitted an update that should address most, if not all of the mistakes. Everywhere I typed the name of Keith's newspaper, I incorrectly formatted HTML. The test that was supposed to be in italics was deleted. I feel a bit foolish at having made the mistake. I've done it right in the past.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved the flow of the story. I was invested in the story after one page. One of the best stories I have read this year.

goodshoes2goodshoes2almost 3 years ago

WOW!!! keep writing stories like this. You are doing damn well for yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sehr unterhaltsame Geschichte, die mit dem erwarteten und erhofften glücklichen Ende schließt. Ich hätte nur erwartet, dass die Ermittlungen in dem Drogenfall mehr Einfluss auf die Beziehung der beiden Protagonisten nimmt. Da hätte man vielleicht mehr daraus machen können. Ada Stuart hat sicher geholfen mit SEINEN(?) Kommentaren...

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Great story from beginning to end. 5*

kees10kees10almost 3 years ago

Why is it, that stories, with more body than just "up and down in and out" are so brilantly written.

This storie has all the ingredients well mixed.

Carrteun don't stop what your doing. Esspecially, don't stop the WAY your doing it. With utter respect

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Lovely story. Worth more than 5 stars. I liked that this story was not a quick journey to a happy ever after, but explored the complex emotions involved in this situation leading to a somewhat bumpy journey. Celia's doubts, hesitation and confusions were entirely realistic.

I also liked that you saw no need to introduce unrealistically large cocks, or violence by the hero to show what a man he was, as do too many authors on this site.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well deserved win. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

riviting, enjoyable and entertaining keep up the good work.

NorthwestnutcrkrNorthwestnutcrkrover 2 years ago

Well worth the 5* and congratulations on a well deserved win. Looking forward to reading your other works.

pkreed71pkreed71over 2 years ago

Very well deserved win. Much respect. I rarely make any comments here, but I wanted to for this one. Sometimes we need a 6th start for stories THIS good. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good but TOO long!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Great story, I absolutely loved it. I can’t agree with comments saying it was too long although I can understand why they might think that, for me it’s a complete story arc following the Principals the entire time. I suspect breaking it into parts would’ve stopped it flowing, although in-story breaks would have helped. On another note I do agree with pkreed71 re some kind of “outstanding” award members, although I suspect that’s what the “Favourites” mark does. Thanks for writing and posting btw!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, these type (more story than just sex), are a little more enjoyable here.

I have to admit, I was waiting for the drug dealers and cops try to harass or harm Celia or little Kevin. Glad you did take that route.

Congrats on the winning.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

This is a nice, sweet story. Great job!

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 2 years ago

Good story, well written, and definitely NOT too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, what a change to the constant bang me stories. We need more stories like this one. Great characters, romance, humor, sadness, anger, respect are all aspects in life. This story can also be a teaching lesson for people. The respect and attitude showed of these two characters is what out society needs to display to make this a better world to live in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A rare 5 from me. The story is a nice blend of sex and human interest, and succeeds well in both. And, as a retired newspaperman, I can say with authority that you got almost all of the journalism stuff right, too.

robertlrobertlover 2 years ago

What can one say about this story? It's just about the best story I've read, certainly here. Thank you for writing!

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

Ok, real quick, you see lighting, then hear the thunder later. Not the other way around.

Speed of light is 186000 miles per second

Speed Of sounds 767 mph.

So, when lighting strikes less than 20 miles away, you see it instantly.

Then, 2 seconds later, you hear it.

veteran56veteran56over 2 years ago

A great story, very well told, and true to life. Not the usual fare, nearly in tears at the end, thank you for writing.

Radomir1Radomir1over 2 years ago

Thank you. That was a great romantic story.

The sex scenes are great.

It wasn't until the end of the story that it became clear that the events were taking place in the 1970s.

Great work.

Congratulations on a well deserved win.

oakbloke82oakbloke82over 2 years ago

Always a pleasure to read your work. Looking forward to the next instalment of going home too 😀

88Ozguy88Ozguyover 2 years ago

I really enjoy the solid character development and the slow, sometimes hesitant, romance in you story. No surprise you won. Please keep writing more yarns like this one. You’ve earned a spot on my favourite author list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Somewhere around the middle of the story, I was afraid that you were going to break my heart again, same as you did in “Bathers and Black Squirrel”. The eventual happy ending was a relief. Great tale; not too long. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written, though I found the "randomly bumping into each other" thing a bit much. But not too much. 5*

SubmergedCannonSubmergedCannonabout 2 years ago

I loved the first 11 pages. However, I do have a bit of a bone to pick with how Celia and Keith got back together. It may be that I'm a lesser person, but I think that given how Celia ghosted Keith for five years and withheld the existence of his son, there needed to be a bit more to the resolution. I understand that Celia did the things she did because that's what she thought was best, but that doesn't answer away how her actions made Keith feel. To that effect, I think it was a bit shallow of Celia to say "I'm here because it's what I want", even though its qualified right after with "I love you". Does she not want to make things right with Keith?

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Like submergedcannon said, she robbed him of a lot of time with his son, and that was some shit that should have been hashed out. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The best I have read !

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

I loved this story… until I didn’t. From the point where little learned who his father, on, was a disaster. It’s supposed to be a romance, but you spent more time on the business than the romance. The end between Celia and Keith deserved much more depth than it was given. Compared to the budding friendship and romance, the reconciliation was total crap. I did really like the the dynamic between big and little Keith. It’s really too bad that you painted Celia as a selfish and emotionally unstable person. The story deserved better than that. You started to deliver something good, and then you took it away. In good conscience I can only give this story 2 stars.

The writing seemed good to my non-writer mind, but the story ended up a disaster. Disappointed.

joeoggijoeoggiover 1 year ago

So good. Start to finish.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 1 year ago

I'm still giving this 5 stars, since I thoroughly enjoyed reading the whole thing, but I agree with the others here that point out that the whole reconciliation should have been dealt with in more depth.

For the same also goes for the Dispatch bit at the end... So much was made of Keith hiding his ownership, only for it to get glossed over in just a paragraph or two.

Meat was left on the bone here, and I for one will never fault a good story for getting too long, and I don't think another page or two to dot the i's and cross the t's would have turned anyone away from this story.

Still good read all in all.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

It's obvious that this Celia was not a supremely stable person. And he gave her way too much control over their relationship. But, I'm glad it worked out for them eventually. Don't know that I could forgive her so quickly for hiding their son. I might have had to go to court to secure visitation rights. That could have been an opportunity to take some control and change the dynamic of their relationship. And it still could have eventually worked out between them. Pretty darn good story, though, regardless. Thanks for writing it !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercarrteun@carrteun
9/19/2023 It has been over a year since I last posted something. I have a story almost ready for Halloween, the first time I've tried to construct a story for that holiday. Just a section of rewrite and a final editing check before it's done. It will be ready in time for the H...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
792
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
931
Full Count... 
4.91
685
200
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
632
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
867
More Stories