Fever Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~

"Five minutes. It took her five minutes to get the two of the best fighters we have on the ground." Oden nodded to Denver's factual statement. "I will go talk to her parents myself."

Denver turned to him, "If she can fight like that, can you imagine what they can do? You are a stranger to them."

"Odilia knows me."

"She hasn't seen you since her son was born Oden. I'm sure you've changed in eleven years." Oden glanced over at him, "Not really."

"How do you know she'll say yes?"

"I don't, but how will I know if we never try?"

Oden turned his attention back to the young boys who were now just starting to get up. Chip and Aden were at the highest level in their group of fourteen year old freshmen and she'd beat them without breaking a sweat.

He was interested in her level of expertise with fighting. As he thought of this, he wondered about Tavis and where his interests lie.

~~

By the time I made it home, I was out of breath, shaking and my knees were in a depth of pain. I think that guy may have knocked my knee out of place or something because that was how harsh the pain was that went through it. I opened the door and made my way inside.

"I'm not going to ask you where you were, just go upstairs to your room and wash up, be down in twenty minutes. No later." My mother stated, standing there with a cake and package of candles in her hand. I nodded and without argument went to my room.

Once there, I threw my bag into a corner and flopped down on my bed, letting up off the painful knee. It was when I realized that this fight although quick had taken most of my energy.

I could barely breath, feeling as if I would kill over at any minute. Those boys hit really hard and I felt the aches that went through my body as if I'd just battled four people instead of two. A grin captured my face as I whispered to myself, "And I still won."

~~

Falomi had been watching them. They hadn't noticed that he'd been in the tree; the very same one that Ayanna frequented on her visits; watching, learning their habits, learning more about them as he decided whether or not he should inquire their help.

He understood that should he approach them, there was a strong possibility they'd turn him down. They didn't know him and he wasn't sure if Ayanna had met the family's acquaintance. All he knew was that she talked of the young boy. Stating

that when he'd become of age, they would mate.

How that would occur, he didn't know since his wife Candace had passed on into the next life and a mate he wasn't looking for.

Clearing his throat, he watched with paculiar interest as a young girl came up the pathway, to the front door. She was limping a bit and muttering to herself. He watched as she unlocked the door, opened it and rushed into the house.

After a good ten minutes, he'd finally worked up the courage to try and speak to the Gregoires. Jumping out of the tree, he was about to make my way to the door, when he felt a shove into his back, knocking him to the ground. He felt the force of a steel toed boot jarring in his back, "Who are you and what is your purpose here?" A voice yelled. As it did, he heard the front door open, "Excuse me, but tresspassers aren't allowed on this property. Stefan..." I heard a female voice yell.

"Who are you?" he inquired to the one applying pressure into his back.

"Don't worry about that, you're the one with the boot in your back."

He could feel the pressure intensify in his arm as the person continued to hold it away from his side and up toward my shoulder. The pressure was so intense that he almost blacked out.

"What is it sweetheart?" A male voice inquired, his accent thick.

"Hello Odilia." This torturer spoke to the lady who'd run outside. Falomi heard a gasp as the lady recognized the person whose foot brought unspeakable pain to him. It was then he became dizzy, finally giving out, his head falling to the ground.

~~

"Oh my God. I can't believe..." Oden watched with peculiar interest as Odilia nudged his shoulder with her hand. "This is..." She poked him again. "Where...How..." She stuttered as she stared at him, her brown eyes ablazed with shock.

"Who is this young man?" Stefan inquired, his eyes on their guest.

While he understood that the young man wasn't from here, he didn't know if he was dangerous, an enemy of sorts. It was amazing how many problems could reveal themselves in one day. First Olivia, then her father, whom Odilia pondered on whether or not he was a ghost and last this young man, who'd been for some reason, stalking their property for the past two days.

Most thought Stefan wasn't aware of occurances, but he kept a close eye on everything and everyone that entered within the boundaries of the home. The young man had a short faded cut, long sleeve shirt and a black overcoat covering his clothing. He dressed as one of old fashion, so Stefan definitely could see that he was more than fifty years old.

"I can't believe..." Odilia just stared at Oden, not believing her eyes. The very same man who'd left his family was standing at her door. The very same man that had walked out on two children and a wife was here. HERE. She stared at him, not sure whether she should be angry or relieved to see that he was alive.

Under normal circumstances she would have been angry, but seeing as how she wasn't human and Stefan took extreme care of Olivia and Tavis, she'd given up that anger seven years ago.

Staring him in the face, she couldn't believe how much he hadn't changed, how his tall dark skinned frame was still finely tuned with muscles. He'd grown in facial hair around his jawline, and upper lip. Even his eyes still maintained a dark brooding look.

As if on cue, the young man who'd been under Oden's boot awoke and slowly began to arise from the slumber he'd been in. Oden had sadated the young man, the instant he'd moved from the tree. Falomi's eyes opened and he pulled himself up, aligning his upper body with lower. They watched as he arose to his feet. Oden said, "Easy, Fellow, you're still a little drowsy." His English Accent was soft.

The same accent that had impressed Odilia over a decade ago, did nothing for her now. There was no spark, no pulse rhythm, not even a sweat as she listened to him speak. She couldn't believe she felt absolutely nothing regarding him. Not even an ounce of anger.

LOVE, DO YOU NEED TO EXCUSE YOURSELF? Stepfan's voice intruded into her mind.

No, I'm fine.

Are you sure?

I said I'm fine. I just am curious as to where he's been over the last decade.

Stefan nodded,drawing his attention back to their visitor.

"My name is Falomi Ogduwe. I have come to request the assistance of Stefan Gregoire." The young man spoke to Stefan.

"What is it that you would like my assistance in?"

It's my daughter, Ayanna Ogduwe. She's being held captive by Caduceus Pontius in Main Port Iowa and I believe if we don't get to her soon, they will be gone."

Stefan cleared his throat. "I'm sorry Mr. Ogduwe but I am not allowed to permit a rescue without it somehow involving my clan, which means I am unable to act on behalf of anyone outside the Clan I reside in." Stefan stated.

Falomi nodded his head, agreeing. "I respect and understand that, however, my Ayanna is connected to your tribe in her own right."

Stefan drew a deep breath. The one thing he'd neglected to tell Odilia about the clan they belonged to was that often times they were asked to battle on behalf of others.

However, hearing Mr. Ogduwe announce that his daughter would somehow be of their clan was a little absured considering the fact that she'd already belonged to one, that he was sure of.

"Please, Mr. Gregoire, My Ayanna is connected to your son." This caused Stefan to pause and Oden, Tavis' real father to object, "Tavis belongs to my Lineage."

"You weren't thinking about your lineage when you abandoned us, so as far as I'm concerned, Tavis is not your lineage and neither is Olivia."

Oden turned hard eyes on Odilia, "Whether you like it or not, Tavis and Olivia are both mine and I have a right to say so."

"Oh please... That right was revoked the moment you walked out of their lives."

"Their lives? I walked away from you, not them."

Odilia's eyes became so fired up that the flecks of hazel in them turned gold. Baring her fangs, she seethed, "I suppose that explains why they haven't seen you in over a decade, right?"

Oden's eyes flashed in response. "I did what I felt was best."

"And your best revoked your parenting previleges."

"I came to talk to you about them, in particular Olivia."

"I don't want to talk to you," Odilia stated, turning her attention away from him. It was ironic how a simple argument could bring about unpleasant feelings.

She could feel the room starting to spin, due to her being upset.

"Oden, we don't want any trouble and if that's what you're bringing here, then you may as well leave now."

Oden grinded his teeth together, "I haven't the slightest clue how you put up with a woman like her, she's absolutely insufferable." His accent leant itself to a bitter tone.

Stefan flickered his gaze to him, "Do not come into my home and insult my wife. Now that I won't stand for. You can either act civil or I will not grant you an audience."

Oden nodded, "I apologize but the matter I came to discuss has to do with Olivia."

"Odilia, will you please escort Oden here to the drawing room? I will be there shortly."

"Stefan..." His gaze turned to his wife, eyes flashing silver, "I'm not requesting but demanding."

Odilia pursed her lips closed and cleared her throat, "This way Oden." With that, she turned and walked out of the common area, toward the draw room located in the living room area, next to it.

~~

"Mr. Ogduwe, I appreciate you coming out here to inquire our help, that's a brave venture, however, I am obliged to decline your inquiry."

Mr. Gregoire, please.

This is an urgent matter. My daughter will one day be your daughter. This she has confirmed on more than one occasion. I'm sure your son can validate what I am saying."

Stefan shook his head disagreeably, "No, Tavis will not know of this visit."

"Dad..." Tavis' voice was heard from behind him. Stefan turned around, his expression surprised, "Tavis, this does not concern you."

"Yes it does." He stated, "If Ayanna is in trouble, I want to be there to help."

"You are eleven years old, what can you do to an old vampire?" Stefan wanted to know?"

"You know I can fight, you know I can."

Stefan ran a hand through his hair feeling the tension begin. "I know but it's not our matter."

"Remember the girl you asked me about when I was upstairs to my room?"

"Yes."

"Ayanna is her. I just didn't want to say anything."

Stefan's head titled to the left. "Who the girl you have a crush on?"

Tavis nodded. "Please dad..."

Stefan was adamant in his decision, "Your mother would not like it if I put you in that type of danger. I'm sorry son, but this is not our battle." Turning to Falomi, he held out his hand. "I'm terribly sorry about inconviencing you but we cannot intrude on your behalf."

"Even if she is your son's mate?"

Stefan nodded his head, "Even if she is his mate. You will have to work this out on your own accord."

For the first time since he'd known Tavis, Stefan never knew him to just be quiet. He either objected or agreed. However on this occasion, Tavis didn't speak, just turned and walked upstairs to his room.

Falomi exhaled softly and tipped his hat to Stefan, "Thank you for atleast hearing me out." With this, he walked out of the room, toward the front door, not looking back. He would do what he had to do on his own then, without help.

~~

"Never did I thought I'd see the day that Odilia Petty allowed someone, let alone a man tell her what to do." Oden stated, his tone curious.

"It's quite easy when that man knows how to actually be a man and run his household." She spat out.

"A man has no qualms running a household. However, I'd rather be homeless than to have to put up with you for one day. The time that we were together was the worst experience of my life."

Going to the cubbard, Odilia grabbed a bottle of bourbon, which she knew was his favorite licquor and fixed him a small glass. She considered putting a spell on the brew but changed her mind.

Instead she turned, handed the drink to Oden and narrowed her eyes at him. "Oh Trust me Oden, you weren't a walk in the park."

"I suppose not." He took a swig of the licquor, feeling it go down his throat with a good burn. "However, you didn't make things easier with your constant nagging and Independent woman attitude. I do say that you became rather unpleasant." Odilia nodded her head, "And I suppose that had a lot to do with you leaving your two children, right? But never mind all of that, it's in the past. You said that you came to speak to me about Odilia, what is it?"

"Aren't you going to wait for your husband?" He inquired, his expression cold toward her.

"Tavis and Olivia are mine and anything you wish to discuss regarding them is solely my decision."

Oden laughed, "I can always depend on Odilia to think about Odilia."

Olivia sat the burboun bottle where it had been in the licquor cabinet and turned away from Oden, unable to stand being in his presence much longer. On her way to the living area, she ran into Stefan. "Where are you going?"

"What ever decision you make is what I will stand on. I can't stand looking at him for another minute. Let alone entertaining him." Stefan watched as she made her way through the living area and beyond.

Inhaling sharply he opened the door to the drawing room.

~ ~

12