FF Crystal Caravan Year 02

Story Info
Sala and company continue on their second year.
18.5k words
4.5
3.6k
3
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 01/17/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1 - THE WEDDING

Sala was a full fledged Cat-Girl now. Her ears perked happily on her head and her hair fell about her breasts, as smooth and white as ever. Her tail was just as curious and velvety as ever. A new stripe of fur went from around her tail up her spine to between her shoulder blades. Her hands and feet were now completely feline. Soft white hair went from her toes to mid thigh and from short feline fingers to mid forearm. She now had crystalline white claws from all her fingers and toes. She was commonly found sunning naked on the rocky shore or sitting in the trees. She now rarely wore anything more than underwear, and that was small. She only wore a white G-string and a small white-fur top. Rough pink pads had developed on the bottoms of her feet, allowing for her to go barefoot on all but the sharpest gravel. This all palled in comparison to the most drastic change of all.

She could now breath Miasma.

It had first happened when she had been with Peter, Flora and Mick, traveling over to Marr's Pass to do a little trading last fall. She had gotten into a little tussle with her sister and she ran off in a huff, without realizing it, but right though the Crystal Chalice's barrier.

She had been gone for nearly fifteen minutes and the others had searched frantically, for her. The had just about left her for dead when they found her pouting behind a tree nearly a quarter mile away. She was sitting behind it, not even noticing the Miasma permeating her lungs. She had developed to be able to survive without a Crystal Chalice.

This had proved invaluable in the past few months because, besides her personal excursions and explorations all over the Tipa Peninsula, she could also act as a messenger between the Chalice and the Village when groups would go out with it to explore and scout.

Yawning, Sala stretched out. She was lying on her favorite tree branch enjoying the warm sun and cool breeze. It was a thick branch that hung out over the river near her family's house. She had long since stripped it of branches and leaves, leaving it bare and smooth for her to lay on.

She was on her stomach with her arms and legs draped over it, napping happily.

The other change within her is that she found herself very active early in the mornings and late at night. She always slept through midday.

"Sala! There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you. Get down here! The Ceremony is almost ready. Your sister is expecting you to be there!" Ezra, Sala's mother, yelled up into the tree.

"Fine mother!" Sala sighed, getting to her hands and feet. She crawled down the branch, claws digging into the bark. She grasped a nearby branch and swung herself down to the ground, landing on all fours.

"Come on, come on." Ezra hurried, grabbing her paw. She pulled Sala down the pathway, "I know you're not going to put on anything for this, but at least put these in your hair and toss this over your shoulders."

Her mom handed her a few wild flowers and a long necklace made of them. Sala tossed the necklace over her head and started to weave the flowers into her long white hair. It had grown down past her shoulders and was encroaching over her breasts.

"Sorry, you know I lose track of time when I nap." Sala said, walking along behind her mom.

"Usually I don't care because you do so much for this village, with your hunting and exploration everywhere, but this is something I will not be lenient on. Your sister has been planning this wedding since you guys got back. Her and Mick wanted their wedding to set off the next Caravan season since you guys are leaving tomorrow." Ezra said.

"You mean you've been planning it. I don't think Flora has done much except hang out, look pretty and kiss Mick a few times." Sala chuckled.

"Fine, I suppose your right, but it doesn't change the fact that Flora wants you by her side for this. Here, take this, give it to her when the time calls." Ezra said, leading Sala into the center of the village. She handed her a long chain with a hand carved symbol of the Clavat on it.

"I know what to do mother, I didn't miss the rehearsal." Sala chuckled, clasping the necklace in her paw.

A large number of chairs were set up in rows in front of the Great Crystal. The Elder was standing in front of it with his large book in his hands. Mick and Peter already stood in front of him. Mick looked ridiculous in his dress outfit. He had a large black robe on that went to his ankles. Peter was his opposite, all in white. Sala walked down the aisle and stood on the opposite side as the boys, Peter gave her a small smile and a wave that she returned.

As was tradition, Flora was waiting in a nearby house, to be the last one to appear. Ezra dashed off to get her. The entire village was seated in front of them in dead silence, waiting for Flora.

A minute later, she appeared. In a dazzling bright sun yellow dress that trailed out behind her, she looked beautiful. Her hair was curled in bouncy curls and put up in a tail behind her head. She had yellow flowers in her hair and held a bouquet in her hands

She approached The Elder and took her place in front of Mick. The entire village was deathly quiet in anticipation.

"We are gathered here today to Celebrate a miracle. A joining of hearts and souls. Two have chosen to walk the path of life as one. I ask you to bow your heads with me as I give a prayer for the two young lovers." The Elder said over the hushed crowd.

They did and he gave a long and poetic prayer, ending just as a light breeze was starting to brush over the crowd.

"Now, have each of you brought your token of love?" The Elder asked, looking between them, "Mick, you first."

"Flora, I have brought you today, a ring. Carved by my own hand and forged in the white hot metal of my love. I hope you will cherish and wear it for as long as we are together on this Earth." Mick said, taking a ring from Peter.

Mick took her hand and put it on. The ring glinted brightly in the sun. It was a flower with a rounded stem that circled around, all made of pure silver. Flora looked adoringly at it.

"Flora, your token." The Elder said.

Sala held out her furry paws, the necklace resting on them.

"Mick, I have brought you today, a symbol. Carved by my own hand and made in the likeness of our race. In the hope that you shall love and care for all Clavats as you do for me." Flora said, clipping the necklace together behind him.

It fit perfectly, hanging just an inch below his neck. The silver emblem glinted brightly against his black robe.

"You have given each a symbol of your love. May it last forever and never be broken. I, with the power of the Village, give these two the title of marriage. You may now kiss." The Elder said, closing his book.

Mick wrapped his arms around Flora and their lips met passionately.

The silence was broken and the entire crowd cheered loudly. Sala, for some reason, felt herself blush and she smiled slightly. Mick and Flora turned to the Village as everyone stood up.

Flora turned around and tossed her bouquet over her shoulder. A number of girls in the crowd squealed and jumped for it. Sala stepped over to Flora as she kissed Mick again.

"Well, I suppose you're my brother now aren't you?" Sala said, looking at Mick.

"Oh damn, I knew there was something about this marriage I didn't like. Flora, why didn't you tell me you had a pet?" Mick teased.

"Oh Mick, you're horrible." Flora said, smacking him playfully.

"Horrible am I?" Mick said, his eyes glinting.

"Mick...what're you...Heyyy!!" Flora cried as Mick wrapped his arms around her backside, he hefted her off the ground and tossed her over his shoulder.

"Coming through, wide load, warning, unhappy bride!" Mick chuckled.

"Mick!" Flora shrieked, "At our wedding?!"

"Dear, our weddings over, our honeymoon is beginning tomorrow. I think we need to go get a start on it, mainly in your bedroom." Mick said, walking away towards Ezra's house.

"Mick..." Flora sighed, slumping on his shoulder.

Sala laughed loudly, watching Mick take her sister away on his shoulder.

*******

CHAPTER 2 - THE SECOND SEASON

It was the next day and the Caravan was loaded. The Elder was currently blessing the Caravan. Mick and Flora sat together at the reigns and Sala and Peter were sitting together on the back of the Caravan.

"Bless your trip and let you return safely." The Elder said, nodding to Mick.

Mick snapped the reigns and the Caravan started to move.

"Good luck!" Ezra said.

"Come back soon!" Momo waved to Sala.

The rest of the village yelled out cheers and praises, following them to the edge of the Village's Barrier. Sala waved one last time as they rattled away. Peter wrapped an arm around her, rubbing the fur on her upper arm.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Sala said, jumping off the back of the Caravan. She turned and ran to the front of the Caravan.

"I hope you feel that way the whole time, because we're starting by traveling to Lynari Isle. It's going to take us three days to get there, we're going to be there two days and take the ship back to the Fields of Fum. This year is going to take us about two months, if we stay on schedule. Unlike last year, we're going to be using our time to it's fullest." Mick said, "A few people in the Village have given me a large amount of trade material and loads of Gil. We're to collect what we can from Lynari and Fum."

"Cool, I always heard that Lynari was an interesting place to visit." Sala said, clasping her hands behind her back.

"It's a small town and a desert..." Mick said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but they are a fishing town and they make such cool trinkets and stuff." Sala said.

"Shiny things and raw fish." Mick said, chuckling softly.

Sala looked back at him and hissed angrily.

"I like fish and shiny things." Sala said, crossing her arms.

All four of them burst out laughing. They weren't a half a mile from the town and it was feeling like they had just gotten back from their last Caravan trip already. Something about traveling in the Caravan made them all fit together like a puzzle. Back at the village, the four of them didn't actually hang out very much. They were friends, but, for the most part, they stuck to their own jobs.

In the Caravan however, they were a tight knit family that laughed together and enjoyed each other's company. It was something about the road and the constriction of the Crystal Chalice.Except Sala of course, she was one of the first in hundreds of years that could live in Miasma.

"You are such a weird Selkie." Peter sighed, wrapping an arm around Sala's waist.

"And yet you still love me." Sala said, wrapping her tail around his waist.

"Well, the sex helps." Peter said, smiling.

"Oh I see how it is. Maybe we should't have sex anymore!" Sala said, stepping away from him.

"Oh you know I don't mean that. But you have to admit, having sex every other night is great. You love it too!" Peter said, wrapping her around the waist.

"God damn it, I hate it when you're right." Sala sighed, "I would threaten to make you my sex slave, but i think you would like that."

"You're right, I would." Peter chuckled, smacking her half bare ass with a flat palm.

"Ooooh! Naughty boy." Sala whispered, kissing him on the cheek.

"Would you two stop that." Flora said, looking down at them.

"You are one to talk dear sister. You two were 'wrestling' around in your room for nearly six hours last night. I slept out in my tree." Sala said, looking up at her.

"Well, can you blame me, we just got married!" Flora said, looking at Mick, who was smiling lustfully.

They rattled down the road for a few hours, laughing and chatting jovially. Sala was no longer a newbie in the Caravan. She was now a veteran Caravaner, or at least she saw herself as one. Her skills in battle were apparent. Her Cat-like body allowed for greater speed and strength than the average Selkie. She was faster than anyone in the Village and was as strong as any man. Her claws had developed well along with her feline paws. She hadn't fought anything like the River Belle Crab or the Mushroom Forest Spore Monster, but she had been ruthless and unmatched when it came to roaming monsters around Tipa.

Nothing could touch her if she didn't want it to.

The Fum's river boat was up ahead. It was docked on their side of the river and was scheduled to go to Lynari Isle today. Mick had been careful about when they left and what their schedule for the trip was. Because their trip was going to rely on the Fum's boats, they had to be sure to have everything scheduled and ready, lest they take too long and be forced to fight their way back through the cold winter months.

They rattled and jostled down the road towards the large dock. Three men sat on the dock, playing cards on a barrel between them.

"Ho Caravan! Do you travel from Tipa?" One of the men said, looking up.

"Yes, are you ready to sail?" Mick asked, stopping the Caravan.

"Ready? We were ready to sail at midday. I would've liked to be on the sea by now. If we're going to make it in three days, we need to go!" The man said, setting down his cards, "Boys, clean this up, get the last few boxes and that barrel on board. I'll get the Caravan ready."

"Sorry, we had a bit of a late start today, plus there was never a time specified on the schedule." Mick said, fishing a contract and a small bag of Gil from under the seat. He handed both of them to the Captain.

"Everything seems to be in order. Take it carefully down the dock. One of my boys will direct you." The Captain said, pocketing the paper and the money.

The boat was fairly simple. It had a large flat deck and a small cabin on the back of it. The sail was built into the front wall of the cabin and hung out ten feet above the deck. This left enough room for quiet a bit of cargo and a Caravan. The Captain's two boys had already loaded and tied a large chunk of cargo near the cabin.

One of them waved to Mick and pointed to the left side of the deck. It was a careful five minutes trying to get Missy to pull the Caravan up onto the boat and get it in place. Mick unlatched Missy and the brothers tied her to a post near the front.

"We're going to be taking your Papaopamus over to the Fum port and leave it in the stables there. There's no point to bring her to the Lynari Isle since the Caravan won't be able to get off the ship. She'll be happier there anyway, the Fields are in full bloom this spring and our crops are growing beautifully." The Captain said to Mick.

"Probably for the best, the Lynari Isle would've been a little harsh on her anyway. I hear it's a real dust bowl." Mick commented.

"I wouldn't argue with that. I've never been into the Lynari Desert myself, but I've heard the Lynari's have found multiple Myrrh trees hiding among the sands or on nearby islands. I've never heard of them coming to the mainland myself. Although, I don't know how happy they'll be to see some outsiders coming to take Myrrh from their island. Although they can't say anything unless they want to break the Caravan Pact." The Captain said.

The Caravan Pact was something set up hundreds of years ago between the Selkies and Lities to prevent war, but it's long been expanded to all four major races. The Pact states that, as long as a Caravan is searching for Myrrh, it is allowed to come and go as it pleases anywhere in the civilized world. It also states that any crime commited with the help of or against a Caravan is punishable by death because of the seriousness of preserving the Grand Crystals' purities. This allowed Caravans to travel the landscape without worry of robbery and mugging, although it still did happen on rare occasion. This also protected villages and communites from being swindled or stolen from because of their hospitality towards a false Caravan.

"Not to mention how much we are bringing there to trade." Peter chuckled, helping Mick and one of the brothers tie down the Caravan securely.

"You know, I've never been on a ship out at sea before. This is going to be fun." Sala said, walking around the ship's deck as the Captain and one of his sons hefted up the heavy gangplank.

"Whoa!" One of the brothers jumped as he looked at Sala.

"What?" Sala said, looking behind her quickly.

"Y...You're a...a cat!" The Brother stuttered.

"Yes I am, what of it?" Sala said, looking back at him.

"I just thought you were wearing gloves and stockings when you got on. I just got a close look at you and realized that you have...a tail...and paws...and cat ears..." The Brother was still stuttering slightly.

"I think I know all this. I was there when it happened." Sala said sarcastically.

"I've just never seen anybody like you." The Brother said, holding out his hand, "Ian."

"Sala, Selkie Cat-girl. I've never seen anybody like me either." Sala chuckled, shaking his hand with her tail.

"Whoa...That was weird." Ian said, looking at her as her tail flicked around behind her.

"I've gotten that same reaction from a few other people before. You're lucky I'm so easy going or I would've clawed out your eyes." Sala chuckled holding up her hands. An inch and a half of clean white claw slid out from each finger.

"Sala, be nice." Peter said, stepping over behind her. He put his hands around her neck and embraced her. Sala put her paws on his arms and wrapped her tail back around his waist.

"Yes dear." Sala said scarcastically, leaning back against Peter.

"Boys, we're ready, Ian, check the rigging. Dean, double check the cargo. I'm on the helm." The Captain said, addressing his sons.

"Yes father!" Ian said, dashing off.

"You wouldn't really would you?" Peter asked Sala quietly.

"I don't know, I've never not been easy going." Sala chuckled, ducking swiftly. She slipped away from him easily to go stand near the side of the boat. She sat down in front of the railing and leaned on it, watching the water splash by as they started down river.

*******

The trip had been monotonous and boring. They were on their last leg of the journey, they had dropped Missy off at the Fum Port and continued on. After two days at sea, The Captain had projected Lynari to be on the horizon by late afternoon. Of the entire trip, the most exciting event was when Peter and Sala hid in the Caravan one night for a little mutual oral.

Sala, held over by her and Peter's short session, couldn't wait for their first night at Lynari so her and Peter could have a night alone together. The boat was too small for them to have sex, everybody would end up listening to them as they did it. Which wasn't a problem except for some of the others may not like that.

"I got something!" Sala cried, pulling on the fishing rod.

She pulled hard on it and the pole jerked up. A large tuna came jumping out of the water. Sala backpedaled, pulling up the fish. It flopped over the edge and onto the boat. Sala threw the pole back and pounced on it. The fish tried to flop away, but her claws were faster. She hit the large fish and dug her claws into it's head. The fish flopped one last time and stopped.

"I got one too!" Mick cried, pulling on his rod.

The rod bent over quite a ways. Mick was pulling on it as hard as he could, taking slow steps back. Peter rushed to his side and helped him pull. They hefted it up over the side and a massive Tuna flopped onto deck. Mick held the rod back and Peter jumped forward, pulling a knife from his belt. He stabbed the large fish and half cut its head off. The tuna was easily twice the size of Sala's.

"Lunch!" Flora smiled as Peter and Mick gutted the fish.

Sala walked over to them with her fish in her hands.

"Mine's bigger." Mick said, pointing to the fish.

"Mine's tastier." Sala said, taking a large bite from it.

"To each his own." Mick chuckled, gutting the fish over the side of the railing.