All Comments on 'Fifteen Minutes of Stupidity'

by Fran26

Sort by:
  • 87 Comments
PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
Ah Fran!

Your English in this story is much improved over some of your earlier work. A new editor, perhaps? In any case, there are still a few issues with punctuation (some commas needed here and there), but on the whole — Bravo!

Of course, the fact that your plot has the fallen woman and her ex-husband reconciling will not please many of the 'Loving Wives' readers, but it is certainly not the worst story dealing with forgiveness and reconciliation. For the effort and thought that you put into this story, and for sharing it with us — merci!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Kick her ass...

...to the curb and LEAVE HER THERE...

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
A very enjoyable story with a reconciliation at the end.

The story seemed awkward in the beginning but smoothed out by its conclusion. I find it hard to believe the wife was not aware of her reputation in an office full of busybodies. Thanks for the story.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Typical Women

Keep your legs together long enough, and wimp boy will be back.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
A real sweet story

Nicely done.

Well written and edited.

A smooth flowing story and a good storyline that has a happy ending.

It would make a good romance story for Valentines with a little editing.

Thanks for the good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
When Jim burst in on them...

he was hoping a creampie was waiting, he should've waited a few more minutes before going in the office - eager s.o.b. had to wait years before he could get back with the whore and satisfy his inner cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Doesn't really work

I think it's meant to be fairly realistic, but comes across as very stilted, especially the dialog, eg:-

"Would you accept to go for a drink?"

I was so happy that I could hardly answer.

"Yes I accept I have nothing to do."

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
I think

the story had a good plot however it was the perfunctory presentation that left the story flat. Had it been presented with more feeling and a little more intimacy it would have been much better. Keep writing and thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Potential but you sound like your wings were clipped!

Unlike one of your admirers, I thought this needed more editing.

Like several of the comments, I found the pace somewhat stilted and cold. Conversations need to be flowing and passionate. Specific scenes need more adjectives and need to appeal to the readers' senses more.

In places, although I could tell you had the potential to give more, it WAS like a police report. No need to repeat your defences 5 times, for example..... prove you are not a whore, prove you are just a flirt, go after your man!! (Or have the character do these things!! LOL)

Keep writing and developing and blossoming!!

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 13 years ago

I agree with many of the comments. It felt rushed

It seemed more of an outline for a longer, multi chapter story. There are paragraphs that, with imagination, could have been as long as the whole story.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
I enjoyed the story!

I am usually against reconcilliations. But I didn't mind it here so much. I have worked in an office environment most of my career and the dynamic that goes on can get out of hand like this. I saw this scenario actually happen once. The over the top flirting cost a couple of co-workers their jobs. I am not sure whether the people involved ever took it to the next level, e.g. actual sex, but the fall out caused a lot of pain in two separate households for awhile. One of the couples separated for several months but no one got a divorce over it. The last I had heard, the two marriages were still together.

It is still a tough deal. I don't know if I could get past it, but I can see how other folks could.

Thanks for sharing the story.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Good title

I think the story is well named. She was skirting disaster by her flirting. Obviously it was bad enough to draw everyone's attention. Then she steps over the line. I think a lot of women like to play with fire and flirt too much. Many probably go their whole lives and don't run into problems. But some, being in the right circumstances, cross the line.

<br><br>

I have a problem with the the two pining away for each other. I don't think it is realistic. There are lots of singles out there looking for connections. However the reconciliation was OK. She got pulled into a quickie. That's the extent of her guilt. The flirting wasn't that big a deal and she didn't intend it to go further. So should he forgive a momentary indiscretion when she is obviously remorseful? Probably. She paid a big price with years of loneliness. She stopped flirting. I think she gets it.

<br><br>

There are a bunch of run on sentences that are annoying and the phrasing is awkward in several places. A little more editing care is needed. Pretty good story.

Fran26Fran26over 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Merci

To all those who took the time to read this story.Rate it, write comments and especially gave advice. Be assured that it is appreciated.

Nerci

Francine

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Thanks Fran

You obviously have experienced true love to be able to write from the heart like this. Truly a lovely story. Mille Fois Merci from Montreal

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not bad

Your story had something often missing from many of stories of this type: hope. Keep writing, please. 5*s.

StangStar06StangStar06over 13 years ago
Loved it.

I too am usually against reconciliations, perhaps that's due to my experience. But your story was great, and I was kind of pulling for her at the end. Great job.

tranquility99tranquility99over 13 years ago
I had to laugh...

...at "water under the bride." A quick review to correct spelling and punctuation would really help this interesting work.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Getting better

Enough time had elapsed so that I did not cringe when they reconnected. This is a good example of perception. It is also an example of how people blow things out of proportion. Due to her stupidity she was caught the first time. She learned her lesson. Fran, it would be very hard for a man to forget what he had seen on the couch, it would haunt him. He would run through an array of emotions, none of them good. Years later he would still remember it on occasion. Things like this aren't simple, just something else to think about. It does not always turn out well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Happy Tears

Obviously, their real love was deep and genuine. I had a few tears when he told her that he had a box that belonged to her.

Great story...happy tears!!!

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
Smoothly Believable

Good job! Let's see the next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good

a bit short for such a long timeperiode. and then..

Nineteen years later.

Jim never asked me to re-marry. We stay together because we want to, not because we have to. We now have a sixteen years old daughter that we love dearly.

how can they have in 9 years a 16 year old daughter ?

:-)

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Good little story

I don't usually like reconciliation stories, but in this case it is credible and works. She suffered for her mistakes and it makes a nice fantasy for them to live happily ever after.

Fran26Fran26over 13 years agoAuthor
To anonimous

Loll it was 19 years later nineteen not nine loll

Fran26

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
I thought Jim handled it well.

He got to knock out the boyfriend with one blow. There was no need for him to do any more damage. He then took the clothes, so that he could allow others to see the that the had been cheating. With the sister and the wife handing back the clothes, he made sure that there were other witnesses.

I liked the fact that the flirting that was going on was persieved as a long term affair. Even if it was the first time, Harriet was at least guilty of an emotional affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not hot or sexy

The writing itself is good as far as most of the grammar and punctuation. But the story is just such a stretch. And the whole while her excuse is “the devil made me do it” and the author protects her with “I didn't realize I should have been more forceful in stopping his advances” and stuff like “I remember saying no” etc. Just BS to try and garner sympathy for a cheating spouse. This story isn't sexy and doesn't make anyone hot. Its the author doing emotional laundry.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
Nothing

This story left me feeling nothing. It wasn't the worse story I ever read, but it wasn't good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Outline

Good outline for a story. Look forward to reading more from you in future. Please flesh it out in future.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
good story

The drama of the beginning, did not match the "drama" of the end. The reconciliation lacked any tension. Turgid start and flaccid end. Nonetheless, well written.

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
redemption, wonderful feeling

Heat cheaters, either sex, period. Loved the redemption and reconciliation after time had gone by.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 13 years ago
A cautionary tale...

properly titled and demonstrated. Some might want more detail, more drama and I would agree those would enhance the tale. Some might want to know what she wore to the wedding. It's your story. How much detail, flesh, you include is up to you. I enjoyed it just as it is written.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
From Soul

You got lucky this time. Don`t forget that. ~Soul

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
GREAT JOB Fran

Loved it. Truly a heartfelt love between them

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
neither one of these losers

could find a decent person to be with so they got back together. Sad the gene pool is polluted with their spawn though...

DeckviewDeckviewabout 13 years ago
Wonderful story... I loved it!

Moving and believable. I agree with others that more drama and detail could have brought this to another level. But still excellent.

roscovichroscovichabout 13 years ago
A perfect read by a talented writer.

I will be looking forward to read some more of your creations.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
Very Enjoyable

I thought you portrayed Harriet's pain very well thus documenting her punishment very accurately. You know the old saying, "Nobody can punish you like yourself because there is no escape". Oh wait, that's not an old saying that's my saying. Regardless, your writing was very smooth making it effortless to read which made it easier for the reader to be drawn into the experience and feel her pain. Well done, I really enjoyed it. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
WELL DONE

I very rarely give 5 stars. But I did with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

It is good. A marriage may be a mistake.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago

A fine story and a great read. R.T.

cpetecpetealmost 13 years ago

F26 thanks for the story.

It is tough to set up any way to get a couple back together after the husband catches the wife "in the act"-but you did a good job setting up a realistic encounter.

Well done look forward to more.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
For a non-professional, it is a good story.

Of course, just one time, I wish a writer wouldn't copy and paste from other story. Oh! The author change a few words but it is otherwise identical to 95% of wife cheating stories. The husband, a smaller man, beats up the other man because he is an ex-Navy seal, or some kind of fighter with years of training.

Another extremely common part the author copied and pasted is the other man is beat up and put in the hospital and, of course, the police never get involved. If that really happened, there would be very few men. If it happened in real life, the husband would be sent to prison. With a 94% conviction rate, even if he has an alib, he would be convicted of conspiricy to commit the crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Damn! Its just as if I left visiting asylum for insane.

I doubt that I have ever read worst written crap as this. Is this for real??

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
good story Fran

considering so of the comments, i think that your story was pretty good. thanks for making the husband a man instead of a little bitch. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
blewdogg is DWormcock

or maybe they are sisters, who knows

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
"To err is human..."

...to be able to forgive after your heart is torn out take cajones the size of Texas.

Fran, thanks for painting a picture showing the pain and uncertainty each went through before they could find a way to reconcile.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Really Enjoyed the Sentiment That Marriage Can Be Rebuilt

But this was not the way to do it. After they divorced & had time apart, it would have been reasonable for him to return & perhaps seek counseling with her to deal with their issues. After that, they could remarry to renew their NEW shared commitment. I think just jumping back into cohabitating is foolhardy. Still, I really liked the feel of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Using erotica to tell a non-erotic story rather than titillate.

I love a good reconciliation story where the the wronged party forgives on their own terms. This story was kind of sketched out rather than well fleshed out, but the three main characters actually seemed pretty round and believable, much more than in many longer stories. I do wish the story felt a little fuller.

Personally, I do wish there was a little more focus on the sex too. I don't really like my stories to be too much like porn, and the scene does emphasise the perfunctory nature of the act which is important to the story, but a little more detail and physicality in the buildup and more explicitness and action in the sex are things I would have liked. The story would have felt a lot fuller had some of the flirting been written out as scenes rather than summary.

Despite all those criticisms, I want to make sure you know I loved the story. The characters were all sympathetic and extremely believable aside from some of the stilted dialogue, as was the plot. The sex scene added a lot to the story being able to see it, and was tastefully used to drive the story forward. Also, I love a happy ending.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Not Bad

A happy ending is always nice.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Short and sweet. Love that it was told from the wife's perspective. Very moving.

One thing I just don't get: "I admit to flirting with him but nothing else I swear to you. And I never mooched on the dance floor with him I only danced with him a couple of times."

What is the point of her explanation? Does it even make a difference? She fucked this guy while her husband was in the next room. Who cares if they didn't mooch on the dance floor. The first statement is a clear lie. She clearly did more than flirt. Whether it was the first time or the hundredth, makes no difference. It was the flirting that led to the fucking. Why try to explain away the flirting as no big deal?

The rest of the story was told in such a way to make up for this lapse in dialogue and prove that she genuinely was sorry and regretted her decision. Overall, an excellent tale for one so short.

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Just a bit too brief to be really good

And I loved the typo - after the wedding - "That's all water under the bride!'

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Don't like forgiveness stories but liked this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good until the end

When you had them become a couple again the story lost credibility (although it was well written). You have to ask yourself as an author...why would someone go back to the woman he loved when her only excuse for cheating was her boobs were rubbed and it felt too good to stop (all the while she consciously knew she was married and should stop). In this instance the cheating was a choice (although a poor one) to break her (and that is not a woman anyone who has ever been married would want to have a relationship with again).

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

and you cant blame the Mistletoe. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Stupidity runs amok.

There are so many things wrong with this sad tale that I don't know where to start. Let's just say, that even for fiction, it was both implausible and unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Reasonable & Plausible

Husband did not condone the one time slip. Lie detector test was taken by the wife to prove it was just the one time. Even after they got back together, they did not remarry. Thus husband is not a cuckold but someone who chose to forgive with limits. Reasonable even for BTB crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My issue is with Harriet's attitude...

I mean come on folks .. she had cock buried in her cunt, she was trying to pull Marty in "deeper" and to really bury the bone (no pun intended) it was NOT attached to her husband. Yet she acts like she was caught kissing a guy under the mistletoe!?! Then to top it off, Harriet called screwing Marty a "mistake", that she had not ever FUCKED him BEFORE tonight and can't understand why Jim is just a "little" pissed off! The BITCH is lucky her husband didn't put a bullet in her and her p.o.s. lover.

The problem with this site is IT"S not real world .. or even close to it! Too many authors want to glorify & excuse the actions of the cheating WHORE wives while vilifying the males / husbands for not forgiving their tramp wives' disgusting behavior.

Next time Fran .. think it thru before you put it down on paper!

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 10 years ago
Only in a fairy tale.

Because I can in effect read her mind (through the story) I know her sorrow is genuine and I forgave her and hoped for their reconciliation; but in the real world; after catching them in the act; not a prayer. BTB!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This story is a great lesson

And is why men and women who are married, should not flirt with the opposite sex. Period. There is no such thing as innocent flirting. Jim saw his wife with someone else's cock buried in her cunt, working towards leaving a big load of cum behind.

How is he NOT to BTB? He should have never taken her back whether she was contrite or not. She learned her lesson, hopefully, but she should have moved on to someone she didn't have the baggage with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I handled it differently

A very similar thing happened to me but I handled it a little differently. There was a good looking guy my wife used to flirt with at work. My wife, Carol, is a slim attractive blonde with a nice figure and really nice boobs that are almost a "C" cup. One evening we went to her company party and we both had too much to drink. After the function. we went for a nightcap at one of the employee's home. This is where my whole world went to shit.

I was feeling really drunk so I went out on the patio to get some air. I was lying on a lounge chair next to a sliding glass door when the light went on in the bedroom. The drapes were open about six inches so I could see the whole room. My wife and her co-worker, Fred, came into the room. They started kissing and his hands were all over her. I started to get up to put a stop to this but my head started spinning so I just lay back down and watched. Fred unzipped her dress and started to pull it off. Carol protested and said they had gone too far. She just stood there and protested more as he ignored her and took off the dress. I must say she looked awesome standing there in just a light blue pushup bra and matching nylon panties. I watched in horror as he took off her bra and pushed her to her knees. He ordered her to take out his cock and suck it. She pulled out his cock and kissed it and licked it and sucked it like a twenty dollar whore. It only took a couple of minutes for him to cum in her mouth. It really pissed me of when she swallowed because she never does that for me.

Fred then got naked and told her to lie on the bed. He then proceeded to straddle her chest and feed his cock into her mouth. Carol sucked him until he was hard again. He then viciously fucked her mouth for awhile before removing her panties and giving her a good fucking. They stayed in the room all night night and he fucked her at least four more times.

When we got home. I confronted her with what I had seen. She became hysterical, crying and saying it was a big mistake. She said it was the first time she had ever cheated and would never ever do so again. As mad as I was, I knew I couldn't leave her. She agreed to quit her job and when Fred called her she told him she never wanted to see him again. When he tried to pressure her, she told him I knew and that I would get physical if he came near her. He was smart enough to want no part of me so we saw no more of him. It took me a long time to get over this, seeing your previously faithful wife down on her knees sucking a cock is not a pretty sight. It's been over five years now and I'm glad we stayed together. For one thing, the sex has been plentiful as she keeps trying to make it up to me.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

A sweet vignette.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Good story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Interesting to see how all your men come begging for a second chance despite the indiscretions of the women. You seem to be awfully forgiving towards your female characters. 1* since the story smacks of wish fulfillment on your part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The problem for me, with this story,

is that it presumes that people want to take back a former loved one who breached a solemn vow and thinks it should be accepted and forgiven. I believe it is fair to say that despite the internal conflict to be treated with no respect and to have one's marriage and a affair trivialized does not warrant reconciliation.

There is absolutely no reason to believe it will not reoccur except for the whore saying she learned from her mistake. That just means that she thinks it's ok to cheat and trivialize it as an err of judgment.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Why this is my kind of (reconciliation) party

I believe in forgiveness, but not unconditionally. There has to be meaningful and tangible atonement. To me, the narrator met those conditions when she 1) quit the more materially rewarding ( and more exposure to temptation) job to work for Jim in a support role. He knows pretty well where she's at and what she's doing ).

Could she cheat ? It wouldn't make any sense to sacrifice money, career prospects and her last chance to be with Jim . She's got too much skin in the game to regress now. 2) The narrator has accepted her demotion from full partner and wife. Yes , they're together, but this time it's not legal. Jim has made provisions for her materially , but isn't in any sense,obligated to do so. Alimony is not an option.

3) They had a kid together since the reconciliation. She has yet more skin in the game . If she should lose her mind and cheat again, she'll have to answer to the kid . That's a deterrent that didn't exist the first time.

Excellent writing. I admire how well Fran26 puts her main characters thru the marital grist mill. They tell on themselves , full disclosure, holding not a scintillating of damming information back. The reader may loathe the narrator at the conclusion. Yet that distaste is shadowed by the sum of self-recriminations hung on display . Was no quarter is given by 3rd party reader ? That's ok, none was requested.

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5good read. Annony hates everything and everyone

he's fucking insane

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years ago
Nice reconcilation story.

She wasn't an evil person. She served her time. Time and distance allowed her husband perspective. What a wake up call though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jim

Is a wimp and cuckold, Harriet should made him cuckold more often. Every weak man like Jim deserved to be insulted more often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Jim

Did your parents have any kids that lived

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story until

the husband took the cheater back and accepted her cucking him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Character development

I like the story and thought it would have been better to have included Jim’s thoughts and how he changes his mind and decided to date his wife again.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Liked this short

Good enough for an extended version for sure.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Paid

I suppose she learned anhard lesson, and paid for her stupidity. The part I really like is Marty getting slapped around a.little bit. Just water under the bride now.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
Silly wife.

People make mistakes. Infidelity murders your partner. You don't meet a life partner everyday. Both were lucky to find each other again. Most couples end up with second best. They settle out of loneliness. That's the real tragedy.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 4 years ago
cheating and remorse.

I love this reconcilliation stories. When my late wife cheated on me I didn leave her, I forgave her that day she confessed to me about it. She probably might not have told me except for some things I saw and questioned her about it. Well what did happen that day was that my love for her died. We stayed together for almost fifty years, but in all that time she knew there was no love for her in me and if it hadn´t been for our kids I would have left. She died in my arms procaiming her love for me. I´m glad this couple did get back together and the love was never lost. I have been single now for eight years and still haven´t found anybody I´d care to share my life with. I´m still trying to grapple with the things left unsaid.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Another stupid RAAC piece of shit story!! Do the authors that write this shit think men have no self respect?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

The story was so so. It was, quite factually, just a cuck story and what sealed that deal is how the husband apologized at the wedding for correctly stating what she was. Her feeble attempts at saying "No" really were not worthy of a RAAC story, just anmother nail in that cuck coffin you wrote.

All things considered having a spouse tell you they fucked someone else and seeing it happening would lead to 3 different outcomes. Hearing about it...divorce or maybe reconciliation. Seeing...divorce, especially if it happened in the manner this did.

Also it wasnt well written....not even close. It was written like you were in a hurry. Oh and this gem makes me case ""Harriet, we did not even have time to cum before we were interrupted last Friday. When can we meet again to make up for it?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, love and forgiveness prevails.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good ending....the good guys win for once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thou shalt not hate thine whore-wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, lots of haters out there. They must've been terribly wronged by someone. Liked the ending, even if the wife was kind of stupid 4/5.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
Meh

There is little to distinguish this from hundreds of similar stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some commenters are simply stupid. No one "won" here. And it wasn't just a one-time quickie. That they had been flirting heavily for months means it was an emotional affair that just consummated with that party 'quickie'. Their family were perfectly right to piss on them, and the spouses divorce them. That he never remarried her says it all. Not enough trust. He didn't have the courage to move on. Should have had it out with her, gotten closure, and moved on or forgiven her completely. You can rebuild trust, albeit easier to start something new if still young enough. I chose the former, but it only lasted two years because trust could not be regained. And that sucked because she could be so loving, was smart and witty but too flirty to trust ultimately. Took another four years to find a forty-ish divorcee and make a good marriage. My first wife's inappropriate flirtiness cost me SIX years! Nicely done story by this author though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Saved at end. No flirting.

Like throwing chunks of meat to starving carnivores

ironman1017ironman10178 months ago

I disagree that it was just “flirting and fifteen minutes of craziness”. Craziness is going out of the house without pants on. What she did was make a choice to flirt with someone besides her husband and allow him to have sex with her. She should have never let it get that far. So to make it seem like she didn’t really do all that much to lose her marriage, I’d disagree. If her love for her husband is so shallow that her lust from some random guy trying to screw her overwhelms it then she must not really love her husband very much. The guy who seduced her is a real piece of trash. I’m glad the husband smacked him. I do think you did a good job showing her remorse though, and I’m a sucker for a happy ending. So glad to see they were able to fix things and had a daughter together. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

3 stars. This was fifteen minutes after months of flirting and encouragement. Encouragement, you say. Yep, she never stopped/made it clear to Marty that his advances were unwelcome. Her actions indicated just the opposite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Writing was a bit stilted. Disagree that it was an emotional affair. The flirting "game" was unacceptable. And yes it led to her downfall. She had no intention for a quickie that night. She tried to get him to stop. But with the booze, Marty being pushy, etc, she just let it happen. Surely there was a mutual attraction. She should have screamed or slapped his face. But alcohol dulls some of those thought processes. Besides while it doesn't condone it, people who flirt are 450% more likely to cheat. But it was not an emotional affair. An emotional affair is basically pre-dating or dating behavior. Lunches, dinners, discussions about important topics, then about their marriages, their lives, sex, etc. None of that took place. Nada. Is the flirting alone worth a divorce? Some guys would pull the trigger on divorce, others would demand counseling, if they knee the extent. The quickie wad not premeditated by her. It was by him. She lacked willpower. Yes she cheated cased close. But the rumor mill was an accelerant for a false fire and the husband wouldn't even let her talk. The lie detector test was smart but too little, too late. After their 2 years apart post divorce, they reconnected, slowly. Since not married, not much to lose, though kids are bit complicated but suspect they pre-signed a mutual custody agreement. 4 stars. But befuddled by so many commenters who wnat to get out the pitchforks. There are a lot worse loving wives out there.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous