Fighting For Her Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

----------------------------------------

Once I ran out, I saw the familiar faces of the kids, who were all huddled together. I ran to them and hugged them, weeping. All of us were weeping.

"Where's the fire department?" I coughed. "And the police?"

"They're not here yet," Alec answered unsurprised.

"It's good to see you guys," I said truthfully, hugging each and every one of them. Then, I stopped.

"Wh-where's Mama B?" I asked in a quiet voice, frantically looking around. "And Little Carter?"

All the kids looked down.

It was then I completely broke down and cried. It was then I finally heard the sirens.

----------------------------------------

~ I see you, so please stay strong

I'll sing you one last song and then I'm gone

I don't wanna live this destiny, it goes on endlessly~

(-This Love, This Hate by Hollywood Undead)

---------------------------------------

I didn't sleep the rest of the night.

All I did was sit on the curb, watching. Just watching the house before me. The firemen came here too late. Too fucking late.

The tears I've wept seemed endless.

The kids and some hospitable authorities suggested on staying with them for a couple of days, but I lied and told them that I'll be staying at my uncle's house. As for the paramedics, I refused to let them touch me.

I don't know where Mike was or if he's even going to come back. He hasn't answered my 100 missed calls for the past couple of hours.

I felt alone.

As I was hugging myself for warmth, I felt something sharp in my coat pocket. The knife. Closing my eyes, I let out a puff of fresh air as I realized fully that I killed someone. My body shook from the cold and guilt.

"You okay?" a familiar voice beside me said.

"I killed someone tonight," I said with uncertainty. "A Red Gang member...I killed him in there." I nodded to the burnt house of Mama B.

The figure squatted in front of me, and a bruised Jeremy faced with concern. "How do you feel about that?"

I looked at him square in the eyes. "I felt no remorse."

He nodded and sniffed, he got a small rag out from his coat pocket, and tried wiping my face, but I waved it away.

"You're blee-"

"I'm fine," I firmly snapped. "I'm fine."

He nodded again, stood up, and put a hand on my back.

"You know where to find me if you need me," he said and walked away, leaving me sitting on the curb alone.

------------------------------------------

After attempting to clean myself up, I took a train to downtown Chicago, hoping to find someone to help my neighborhood somehow. Anyone.

As I hopped off, I began searching for someone important enough to hopefully give a message to the authorities or the government people. My neighborhood was getting worse.

I searched and searched, got kicked out of office buildings and restaurants, and begged for food since I forgot to eat anything up to that point. No one saw me. Instead, they looked through me like a ghost begging to be heard. A nice old couple was nice enough to buy me a meal from McDonald's, which I was extremely grateful for.

But other than that, no one cared about the girl with her half burnt coat full of ashes, her gray face, and bandaged hand. No one cared.

Before I knew it, it was almost six. I spent at least nine hours searching downtown, but my hands returned empty. I was cold, miserable, and still hungry.

As I was walking to the train station, a group of teens came out of a French restaurant called "Tru." These weren't just ordinary teens for they looked incredibly handsome and gorgeous, not to mention rich judging from their jewelries, dresses, and tuxes.

"Maybe they can help," I mumbled tiredly as I approached them.

Taking a couple steps towards them, a red headed girl looked at me from head to toe, and nudged her other friends.

"Please," I began to say, "I need help."

"I'm sure you do," the red head scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Listen, sweetie, there's a nice homeless shelter a couple of blocks fro-"

"Please!" I begged desperately, my hands clamping together. "Something terrible happened and-"

I became speechless, my eyes widened.

Coming out from the restaurant was Amy, laughing and clutching a guy's arm. Amy, in a long, beautiful green gown, her hair up and made, was right there in front of me. As she turned her head and made eye contact to me, she stopped laughing.

"Thank god you're here!" I said, my voice shaking. "They burned the Dojang, Amy, and Mama B's place too-"

"Whoa," the guy next to her said, his green eyes looking curiously at her. "How does this rat know your name?"

Rat?

"Disgusting, I got to say," another girl said, frowning disapprovingly. "And the smell? Yeech. Look at its clothes! It looks like its occupation is a chimney sweeper!"

It?

Chimney sweeper?

"Whoa..." another guy said, looking carefully at me. "Is that...blood?"

Panicked, I wiped my face, then my forehead, and sure enough there was blood. I thought it already dried, but I guess something triggered the wound to start bleeding again.

I gave Amy a pleading look.

"Please, you gotta h-h-help me," I said in tears. "They took everything away from me."

Slowly, all heads turned to Amy, who was looking at me intensily. Her jaw started moving, but then looked at her friends. She looked at me with those green eyes, but something was different. The eyes weren't Amy's at all.

"I'm sorry," she said matter-of-factly," I have never met you before nor do I know how you got my name. You probably have mistaken me for someone else."

She cleared her throat and my heart went numb.

"There's a shelter not too far from here," she continued, her eyes broke away from mine. "They can help you. I don't think we can help you any further than that."

"Yea," the guy with deep blue eyes and black hair next to her said. "And judging from that blood on your forehead and bandaged hand, I don't think we want to be involved, right hun?"

Grinning, her reached over and grabbed Amy's chin, then kissed her on the lips. She kissed him back, then broke away, smiling. There was guilt written all over her face.

I can't believe what's going on. That little-!

"Hey, sweetie," the redhead said," why don't you scram?"

I glared at Amy, and anger took over my body.

I sniffed, turned around, and walked to the train station. All I can think of during the ride home was Amy.

Amy and how I felt utterly betrayed.

------------------------------------------

~This love, this hate is burning me away~

(This Love, This Hate by Hollywood Undead)

--------------------------------------------

It was the dead of night when I arrived.

Home, sweet home, I thought to myself. It began snowing again, but that didn't matter.

Loud music, gunshots, a couple shouting inside a home, a baby crying.

My mind was set.

I took a turn and went through a familiar alley. As expected, I found a group of people there. A lone figure took notice of my presence as I walked even nearer.

Jeremy.

I got the bloodied knife out from my pocket and looked at it carefully. The other members of the Cobras walked towards me, but Jeremy motioned them to stay still. Jeremy went even nearer, his face came in focus, his gray eyes looking at me.

My blood, at that moment on, ran throughout my body carrying two things in replacement of oxygen.

Hatred and revenge.

I took a deep breath, determinedly looked at Jeremy, and whispered:

"I want in."

----------------------------------------

~ We are young, we have heart

Born in this world as it all falls apart

We are strong, we don't belong

Born in this world as it all falls apart....

...We will fight or we will fall

till the angels save us all~

(-Young by the Hollywood Undead)

--------------------------------------------

To be continued...