All Comments on 'File 66'

by Cruel2BKind

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Scary

It really is frightening to think of a world like you write, and yet so many people I run into are very susceptible to the media crap, etc. You had me almost crying by the end (hate violence) but very glad that Tam was rescued by Taylor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Churches are the Worst!

I liked this.

It was very 1984 meets V for Vendetta (both very similar anyways)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing

This story is scary...kinda reminds us of the cruel things human beings are capable of either for the sake of power or control. If there is one thing I hate in this world it is people who use religion as a means to oppress and misguide others. And yet in all that suffering the love between Tam and Taylor was like a flicker of hope. A really captivating story. Well Done :)

lori1969lori1969about 12 years ago
GRRRRR!!

Awesome (and disturbingly could happen) story! Won't let me vote, I will try later....but I give it a 5'er!

wingedchaoswingedchaosabout 12 years ago
Wow!

Congrads on another great story! We all need to be wary of religion devolving into politics and our most recent history requires vigilence. There is a reason the Founding Fathers wrote of the separation of church and state.. and we need to be constantly reminded of that. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

handman92handman92about 12 years ago
Won't let me vote

Wonderful story about love, faith, not giving up and the evils of government. Worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
JESUS

What are you trying to do, scare an old woman into an early grave, with your scary thoughts. Thanks for sharing loved it.

npiccininpicciniabout 12 years ago
BRILLIANT!

I love that youre willing to try new things and it really worked! It has been fun watching you grow as a writer and the things you come up with amazing. What a sad but touching story, you almost had me crying there toward the end. I know youre not afraid to kill off your characters so was thrilled when Tam and Taylor got their happily ever after, or as close to hea as one can get in the world that you have created. BRAVO!

OK and I have to ask, youve written about it before and Im a freak when it comes to my fave show but was the name Tam a nod to Simon and River?? LOL

Lit won't let me vote but I promise to come back and try again later. You get 5 Stars, girl, and deserve every single one of them!

roughboy18roughboy18about 12 years ago
I love dystopia stories

And this one was very well done. I was convinced that Tam was already dead but I had to read on anyway. Glad I did. Thanks for the happy ending. Once Lit lets me vote, I'll come back and give you 5 stars.

SexyDarkDuchessSexyDarkDuchessabout 12 years ago
It won't let me vote either

* * * * * FIVE STARS!!!!

Cruel2BKindCruel2BKindabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you all!

I tried to make this story end up on a more productive day (friday, if anyone cares) and not only did it show up on sunday, but on a particularly buggy sunday.

This was my first attempt at this, and I'm pretty sure it will be my only one. The format only works for certain stories without becoming gimmicky. I know that the sexual scenes were rather lacking, but I couldn't go into too much detail without losing realism. And I'm a sucker for realism, perhaps even too much.

And for npicci, I've always loved the name Tam. It was the name of a character in a fantasy series that I read, but have now forgotten the name. No connection to firefly, no conscious connection anyway ^_^

Anyway, I just want to thank everybody for the feedback. I was really nervous about this story reaching the site. I love you all!

Kisses and Spanks,

--Cruel

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66about 12 years ago
Yeah I can finally vote again!!

As usual your stories are intriguing and mind grabbing. This was brilliant. I would love to see you do an excerpt on how Taylor saved Tam and got him back to health. Well done

Albell90Albell90about 12 years ago
omg.

This story had me in a complete trance. I could feel and see along with the story. It was completely amazing!!

khyss_thysskhyss_thyssabout 12 years ago
Absolutely fantastic

You put us there in Tam's cell and Taylor's house. Made me feel Tam's desolation over losing Taylor vs. the joy he was still free, and the acceptance of his martyr's death. And then I cheered at how Taylor saved him and their glorious new life together in freedom. One of the best I've read.

nomoretears00nomoretears00about 12 years ago
Wow

Very well done. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fantastic

This was a raw, sparse, humbling and ultimately triumphant science fiction short story which deserves to be physically published, in my humble opinion.

FYI "Tam" is Rand Al'Thor's dad from the late Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series, which is the greatest fantasy epic ever!!

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08about 12 years ago
Loved it

Very frightening picture of religion run amuck complete with government brainwashing and total loss of any kind of freedom. Most have already expressed my views with far greater skill, so I'll stop now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What a wondrous story.. remained me of a gay version of 'The handmaids tale'

What a beautifully written story, which not only could serve as an erotic passage but also as a warning against a totalitarian regime. I really loved Margret Atwood's novel, 'The handmaids Tale', but always felt something was missing. I finally discovered what; Tam and Taylor.

12readnwrite12readnwriteabout 12 years ago
wonderful story

This is so amazing and unique. It's so many things wrapped up in one story. I love the inner strength he got when he thought of his lover.

MolagBalMolagBalabout 12 years ago
Great read

I decided to give it a chance, even though you promised tragedy in the beginning (not in the mood for that). In the end, I really enjoyed it, and not just because you let the lovers reunite. I think that maybe you should have put more into your characters though. Their love was believable, but I didn't really get a feel for either of them as real people with actual personalities. Taylor is a loveable hunk who fights evil with knowledge and Tam is just a guy who loves some other guy. Even though Tam was a soulless slave for most his life, there must be more to squeeze out of him, so Taylor surely could have had more substance. But then again, making it longer probably wouldn't have been a good idea. I wouldn't have invested the time in a long story where the main character was implied to be doomed.

I favorited it. I'll be sure to check out your other stories soon, thanks for the read!

GweallGweallalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful

By far one of the most wonderful stories I've ever read. You're an amazing author and I hope you realize this. I can see why this story made you insane to finish it. It truly is fantastic and there aren't the right words to express how much talent you have right now.

I don't spend a lot of time on Literotica since I started writing on my blog, but I make sure to check back every day for new stories from you, and how happy I am when I find one...Keep up the amazing work.

Jay_B1969Jay_B1969almost 12 years ago

This gave me flashbacks to George Orwell's 1984. I enjoyed it.

Purple_smilePurple_smilealmost 12 years ago
BRILLIANT

Just wonderful, don't know how I missed it. Eagerly waiting for the next instalment

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unitarian Church...

Is a real thing. Unitarian Universalists like myself would be a bit peeved to see their name used for a totalitarian regime. We love the LGBT community :) But great story. Just wanted to let you know that Unitarians exist...

Cruel2BKindCruel2BKindover 11 years agoAuthor
Unitarist

They are called the Unitarist church.

I made an accident on the comment at the title of the story, but I am well-aware of the Unitarians.

Small change, but it was the only thing that me brain would come up with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Tragic

I wish you wrote stories under your real name, because I'd gladly buy a novel of yours if I saw it in a store. Avoid the then/than mistake. This was a brilliant read. I would have been content with a sad ending even.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
:)

I was expecting a sad ending too and would have been ok with it but I'm glad they got away. I'd imagine that the public execution is the only time it would be possible for a rescue. Well done as always, in a unique style that I normally wouldn't enjoy :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Realistic and well-written

This story reminded me of The Anthem by Ayn Rand. Exquisitely written with a strong story line.

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004almost 9 years ago
Yeah, well, it happened between 1939-1945, and it can happen again ...

And this was only WW II - what about the other attempts on man's basic freedoms ??

Man is the worst predator on the face of the Earth ...

This story nearly reduced me to tears - Tam sounded so vulnerable and his pain was so raw - I wished the fuckers who tortured him (and others) dead.

Totalitarianism is, unfortunately, still practised in some countries, and as for bigotry, my goodness, it's still very much felt ! Even in modern countries - countries who are supposed to be bastions of freedom and people's rights ... Some people don't know that apart from Jewish people, Catholic clergy and gipsies, gays were also gassed in nazi Germany.

Who can say for sure that we have learned from this lesson and will never let it happen again ?

Very good story, excellent !

Justfeedack09Justfeedack09over 8 years ago
Moving

I just found your stories last night and have been on a little bender. This one was more drama and less porn than I was expecting. It was really moving and the relationship between the boys was so beautiful.

ilovegibbsilovegibbsalmost 6 years ago
WOW!

Wow! Definitely wow! I almost didn't make it through the first few paragraphs, but I know how talented you are and I gave it a chance. You got me hooked, again. I was crying as Tam was talking about his execution. I really was, I thought he was going to die. Omg! Then the old lady tells of the young man with the gun. Holy crap! What an ending. Quite different sort of story but, amazing nonetheless.

VegasMike155VegasMike155over 5 years ago
PLEASE research Unitarian Universalists! - They are NOT to be Confused With The Church In This Story!

At least one commenter has pointed out that the real-life Unitarian Church is NOT the Unitarist church of this story. And the author has agreed that it was not his intention to use "Unitarian" in the title of the story and acknowledged the difference between the Unitarist church in his story and the Unitarian church. But it really needs to be emphasised that Unitarians are nothing like this church. We were among the first to stand up to Senator Joe McCarthy. Some of our ministers have given they're lives in the Civil Rights Movement. Atheists and Pagans are welcome in our churches. We STRONGLY support LGBTQ rights and the separation of church and state. Please do some research and learn about us.

VegasMike155

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous