Finally Mine 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I thought about that. Yes, they had asked for people with pertinent information to come forward. Yes, Emma very well could be a key player in helping to get Jordan convicted. But, Emma would only be useful if she were emotionally stable, and ready to commit to the task. "Why don't you ask her?"

"Ask her?" Alex shot back, his voice incredulous. "Do you really think she's in the right mind to make that decision right now?"

"She will be. So yes. You need to ask her. She'll know better than anyone about whether this is something she's willing to get into. If it is, then that's up to her, and you'll need to be there to support her. If not, then you need to be there to support her in that decision. Of course, you have to give if a few days. You can't just spring this on her right away, because she's not in the right mind to make the decision yet. But the decision is hers to make, even if she'll need a bit of time before she can make it," I told him.

Alex was quiet for a bit. "You're right, of course. I'm sorry. I'm a little tense tonight, if you can't tell already." He gave a small chuckle, and ran a hand through his hair. "I just... I love her. And I don't want her to have to go through any of this. I wish there was something I could do for her, to make this better."

"You already do make it better," came a quiet voice from the bottom of the stairs. Alex's head shot up, and he turned to find Emma standing there.

"How long have you-" he began, but she cut him off.

"Long enough. I know what's going on. And I'm... I think I'm doing okay with most of it. I know I'll be okay as long as I have you here," she told him. Anyone could have seen the love shining in her eyes as she came and sat next to him.

"I'm still not entirely okay. I know I'm still really scared. And I know I'm going to need a lot of help to get through the next couple of weeks, maybe even the next couple of months. But with you here, I know I can do it."

Alex seemed frozen in place, unsure of how to respond. He looked at me, seeming a bit helpless. I just smiled at him, and stood up, knowing I was no longer needed. "Remember, she's able to make her own decisions. You just need to be there to support her." I told him, making my way to the door. "Have fun you two. Let me know if you need me anytime soon!"

I walked out of the door, chuckling.

Even with all of the awful things that were going on, good things could happen. Still, even with Emma now recovering, a dark cloud covered the happiness. I couldn't stop thinking about the poor girl, and how she was faring. I just hoped she was getting the help she needed, so that she wouldn't end up without a much needed support system to get her through the hard times.

12