Finally Mine 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled back, a little bit hesitant. I wasn't willing to take this medication, and it was only a week until I came back in. I'd be fine until then, I was sure. I turned, and started to make my way out of the office.

When I got to the door, it flung open, and nearly hit me. I let out a startled gasp, my hand fluttering to my racing heart.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" A deep voice said, genuine concern in it. "Are you alright?"

"Oh, yes, I'm fine. You just startled me a bit." I looked up, and nearly melted.

My God... this man was attractive.

I blinked a few times, and gave him a small smile. "I should be... on my way."

"Yes, of course," he said, still blocking the doorway. His eyes were on me, and I started to feel a bit unsure of myself. My arms wrapped nervously around my midsection, as they often did when I was unsure of myself, and I watched as his eyes followed the movement.

"May I... get past you?"

"Oh, of course Miss. Very sorry. I hope you have a lovely day."

He stepped to the side, a faint blush coloring his cheeks as he did so. "You too," I said genuinely, stepping past him and through the door.

I couldn't help but wonder who he was, even though it was foolish. My mind continually drifted back to him on my way home. He was the first man I'd met in a while who didn't remind me of my old Master, which was refreshing.

I sighed, and pushed him out of my mind. I didn't need to spend my time thinking about men. I needed to focus on getting better and making sure I was stable, not daydreaming.

I got home, and threw the prescription into the trash. I was never going to use it anyway, so there was no use holding onto it.

I began my ritual of checking every room, closet, nook and cranny in the apartment once I'd thrown it away. It was rather time consuming, but I couldn't relax at all until I had done it at least once. With how stressed I was feeling right now, I knew I'd have to do it at least twice, probably more. I resigned myself to that fact, and began the second search right after the first.

Once I finished it, I settled into a chair in the living room. It faced the door, while still giving me a good view of the window. That fact was comforting, and I settled in to take a nap.

It took me a long while to fall asleep, and once I finally did, it was a sleep plagued by nightmares. The same nightmares I had been having since all of this began.

12