Fire and Ash

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At first we sat in separate chairs, but then one night we just seemed to mutually pick the couch, and soon we were side by side. Another night -- we were watching some forgettable show -- she sat up and turned to me. "Mack, I've been here three weeks now. Shouldn't I be looking for an apartment?"

"NO!" "I mean, no there's no rush. We get along well, you're comfortable here, I'm comfortable with you here, and I don't see a need to change anything."

"Well ... I'm comfortable being here, but I was just thinking that the neighbors ... I'm sure they must be talking, I don't want them thinking something bad about you. You've been a true friend, from the moment I stood on your lawn right up to this very minute, and I'd hate to have you the object of their gossip."

I pulled her down into my arms -- her hair had a fresh smell to it -- she cuddled in. "Ashley, I ... I've never paid any attention to the gossip. Most of the time it's wrong anyway. You can stay here just as long as you want."

"What if my house takes a year or more?"

"Then you're here for a year or more."

"What if it's never finished?"

There was something in her eyes when she asked that, and she seemed to be almost holding her breath. She must have heard my heart pounding -- it felt that loud. "I hadn't thought about that," I could hear a catch in her breathing, "but if that were the case, of course you would stay. I want you to stay, as long as you want. I didn't realize how dull my life had become."

A look of relief washed over her face, and her smile really was ear to ear. "Now that was the best possible answer." She leaned up and kissed me lightly, lip to lip, "Thank you. I was afraid you'd say my time was up, and I didn't want that."

She leaned up to kiss me again, but I wasn't having any light kisses. She'd opened a door I'd been holding shut with both hands for well over a week. I turned her so she was half over my lap and with one hand held her chin while I lowered to her. That first real kiss from me held everything; every feeling, every desire, and every need I had kept buried for years. It was only her pushing me back that finally stopped me. "Whoa ... where did that come from?"

I started to apologize, but her fingers on my lips stopped me. "I'm not complaining -- just a bit surprised. No one has kissed me like that since ... I don't know ... high school maybe. Do you always kiss like that?'

"Ahmm, I don't think I've ever done that before. I'm sorry if I hurt you, I won't again."

"Oh no. You didn't hurt me. Well, I may be a bit bruised, but that will be okay. We're just going have to practice a bit - you know, get in synch."

And we did, practice I mean. I found myself getting lost in her taste (a bit like sweet almonds) and the smell of her hair. Sure my hands wandered a bit but I was still trying to be a gentleman. Until she guided my right hand to her breast; "You can multi-task can't you?"

*******

About that time --Saturday morning I think -- Laurie Jenkins "casually" strolled by. Ashley was off running errands so her car was obviously missing from my driveway, and Laurie showing up was hardly a surprise. She lived down the block from me, and always seemed to know everything happening on the block. She was a nice enough looking woman; but she always had her nose poking into someone's business and then gossiping to anyone else that would listen. Now, I get along well with all my neighbors -- mostly I mind my business and they mind theirs, but not her. Normally I'd just acknowledge her, and then go back to work, but this time she asked if Ashley was around. Now, as far as I know those two hadn't exchanged two dozen words in the past year, so right away I knew she was here to snoop.

"No, she's off somewhere. I don't keep track of her."

"Oh," she said so sweetly; "I thought I'd see if she needed anything. It must be difficult, living with a bachelor and all. It must be hard for you too -- having a long term guest. You only have a couple bedrooms, right? It must feel crowded to you."

"Nah, I just put her in the garage. Gave her a cot and a camp stove. She seems to be happy. I don't know though, she seems to have a hard time keepin' clothes on out there, every time I go out there she's just in a pair of shorts. At the most. Oh well, she must be happy; she never complains."

That's when Ashley drove up. Wouldn't you know it; when she stepped out of her car she was wearing shorts and a light blouse. Legs a mile long and no bra under the top. Laurie just took a quick breath, mumbled "Excuse me." And headed down the street at a high lope.

"What was that all about?"

"Neighborhood gossip must be drying up, so Laurie dropped by for something fresh."

"And you told her what?"

"Uhmm ... that you were living in the garage."

"And?"

"Well ... um ... aa ... that you didn't wear any clothes out there?"

"What??"

"Well she needed something, and that was the first thing I thought of."

"The first thing you thought of was me naked?"

"Yes, I mean no ... damn, I think I'll just shut up now."

"It's a little late for that now."

It was only when she started laughing that I figured I wasn't in trouble.

"You told her I run around naked?"

"Well I did say you wore shorts."

"Like these?"

"Pretty much."

"And a blouse?"

"Um ... well ... actually no. I just said shorts."

She sighed, then looked me over. "Well ... not much I can do about it. She's probably been on her phone since she went around the corner. Naked huh? You like that thought don't you?"

"Whoops! Look at the time! I have to run."

"Not so fast! I have something for you."

"Me? Nah, you didn't have to bother."

"Ah, but I did. I was going by the animal shelter and on a whim I went in. It was almost like I was being called because I went past a whole bunch of kennels and when I stopped ... well there he was! So I got him for you."

She opened the back door and a big furry face with brown eyes and a big floppy tongue spilling out of a silly grin greeted me. The dog wasn't that big, but then he wasn't that old either. Paws of a medium size and a coat of greys and browns. Oh, and what looked like spectacles circling his eyes.

"The man at the kennel says he's a Keeshond mix, and was dropped off a week ago by a man that said he was moving and couldn't take him. He's about six months old and house trained."

"And you got a dog ... why?"

Why to keep you company during the day, silly. You know ... when I'm not here."

"I don't suppose he has a name?"

"Hoover."

"Wait, what?"

They said his name is Hoover. Look -- every time I say it he reacts. Hoover! Come here boy.

Hoover it was.

I found out that night why that name -- I put his bowl down in the kitchen and he just flopped onto his belly, circled the bowl with his paws, and just inhaled his dinner.

Yep, Hoover it was.

*******

It took two weeks to get a crew cleaning the burn site but less than four days to have everything gone. Then it just sat empty while Ashley negotiated with the insurance company over what would be built next. She was spending time with an architect -- trying to get the most new home for the insurance money.

Over the next six months we watched a new house rise from nothing, and while she was eagerly anticipating its completion -- I found I was dreading it; I knew once it was done she'd fade from my life, and I'd revert back to the grumpy, lazy, old man. What made the prospect even worse was that Ashley and I had developed an ability to discuss almost anything in a friendly, even caring, manner. She told me all about her life, work, previous marriage -- what had worked, what had failed. I found myself talking about parts of my life I'd never told anyone, not even my ex-wife. Ashley held me as I cried through my reliving Viet Nam and the loss of half my platoon, listened as I named off each of them, quieted me after.

******

About seven months into the new construction, with the inside walls all painted, and appliances ordered but not delivered, I finally broached the subject I'd been dreading; "I suppose you're looking forward to moving back into your home ..."

Ashley looked at me for the longest time, and then she wrapped her arms around me. "So that's what's been bugging you - my moving. Mack ... we need to get something cleared up. Do you remember when I'd been here about three weeks, and you said if the house took a year I could stay, and if it never was finished I could still stay?"

I just nodded.

"Well, that meant a lot more to me than you must have realized. That isn't my home -- across the street -- this has become my home. Sure I'm excited to have it finished, but I'm not planning on moving, not if you still want me here. I thought you understood that." She stared into my eyes for several seconds (which seemed like forever/instantly and at the same time like she was reading my very soul) then she took my hand; "Right! Follow me. We're going to do something that should have been done months ago, but you are too much the gentleman."

She dragged me to my bedroom, and as I started a sputtering protest, dragged my shirt over my head. Before I could gather my thoughts she whipped her blouse off, then her bra. Beautiful brown capped breasts, nipples standing firm, were with inches of my chest. There was no doubt of the offer, and there was no doubt of my acceptance. I took her in my arms, bent to her upstretched lips and kissed her. My hands caressed the soft skin of her back, sliding down to the waistband of her shorts, then back up and across.

This was new territory for me, and I wanted to explore it, but Ashley had other plans. I felt her fumbling at my belt and then she dropped to her knees and tugged my pants down while pushing me back onto the bed. Wordlessly she stripped, shoes, pants and underwear off, and then softly kissed my penis.

I wanted to lay back and enjoy the sensations, but even more I wanted to watch this lovely woman take me. I propped on my elbows as she slowly inhaled my growing penis -- her lips sliding down the shaft as I felt her tongue swirl around it. In only minutes I was as hard as I'd been in years and she stood, quickly dropped her remaining clothes to the floor, and sat on my lap.

With my very firm cock trapped between her legs she very seriously looked down at me; "If I take you in, that's a commitment. Do you understand? You and me?"

All I could say was yes, but my hands lifted her hips, even as hers guide me to her wet entrance. That was a sensation I had almost forgotten -- a tight, wet pussy sliding down over my cock -- and her smile as she pressed against my groin told me she too was enjoying us.

Her hands on my chest, she bent to kiss me even as her hips rose and fell. After only a few minutes she began quivering and, staring into my eyes and closing fists into my chest, she came. I felt the clasping and shivering of her pussy muscles, and I came with her -- a hard quick coming, my hands forcing her firmly against me as I arched up into her.

We held like that forever. Well it seemed like forever, but when we did come down she collapsed onto my chest -- my arms around her. "Now, Mr. Donald, is there going to be any more talk of me moving?"

*********

12