First Day in the Caribbean 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were all silent for a while. Finally Lydia spoke up. "See how you handle the cleanup of this affair. Then think about whether you should resign."

"Took the words right out of my mouth," said Asch. "The dealer will probably want you to pay the difference between the original value and what he can sell it for. Maybe."

"Y'know," John confessed, "it crossed my mind to blame the check on Waheed and tell Mike to go after him, but somehow it doesn't seem right. I was the one who was duped, and I'm the one with the vehicle." He looked at Asch. "I suppose it's not right to saddle Mike with the cash difference, either. I'm sure not looking forward to having to pay that."

Asch spoke. "Okay, let's not say any more until we finish our stew." They all ate in silence.

Lydia got up and dished out some ice cream. In spite of the somber mood, John exclaimed, "Butter pecan, my favorite! How did you know?"

"You mentioned it the other night, after the music lecture." Lydia smiled slightly.

John blushed. "Oh yeah." He looked at Asch. "I said she was better than—"

"I imagine Asch can figure it out for himself," Lydia interrupted. Asch and John exchanged a guy-to-guy smile.

"Well, this dessert is the nicest thing that's happened to me since that night, which isn't to say that the stew wasn't excellent. Thank you." He threw her a kiss and started on the ice cream.

Lydia pretended to catch the kiss and plop it on top of her head, smiling a little.

Asch figured they were starting to make up. "Probably not a bad thing," he thought, "as long as she's cautious. At least he's not blustering and making excuses and avoiding blame."

"Well, I have a hard day ahead of me tomorrow, I may as well get going. My deepest thanks to both of you for letting me make a clean breast of it. I appreciate it." He turned to Lydia, "and thank you for a most salubrious repast." He glanced at Asch, then kissed her on the cheek and left.

"Maybe there's hope."

"I agree." Asch went up to his room, wrote for a while, and went to bed.

12