All Comments on 'First Immortals Ch. 04'

by bb1212

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting...

I like your take on skin shade, I've always been of the opinion that we are ALL "colored", some of us are just a little more colored than others but we are all some shade of brown, there's not really anyone who is truly "black", even an albino is not truly "white" but rather quite pink looking. And all those jerks out there who arrogantly claim to be "white" and therefore somehow "better" than those who are darker than they are probably shun the sunlight to keep from losing their "palefaces". If "white" is somehow better than "black", how do they explain all the doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. who happen to be darker than many of the yokels (especially prevalant in the Southern states) who are dumb as fence posts and yet believe that since they are "white" they are somehow better?

Besides, if dark skin makes a person worse, why is the tanning salon industry so vigorous and a deep dark tan so admired? Very confusing... I'm descended from German immigrants who came to South Texas in the 1850s and when I was young (late 1940s) I was a blue-eyed blond with light skin (Hitler would have been proud of my "Arian" appearance) but I spent 4 years in Bermuda, running around in swim suits much of the time, and when I got back to Texas my grandparents declared we were "brown as little Mexicans" (the '50s were definitely NOT what they call "PC" now), so it is apparent that skin tone is quite variable from time to time in the same individual and is a stupid way to judge a person's worth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous