All Comments on 'First Time at Hedonism - Day 01'

by JayBerry

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love it....

Great pacing, real feeling, love it,, Hope you make this a long series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fun!

We had our first trio there in the 90's still the best vacation ever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nonsense

If Google “wouldn't even become a company for another dozen years or so” AT the time when this was happening,then this means that INTERNET WASN’T INVENTED YET!So,how can you say that “you didn't have internet in our cabin anyway and very few homes did”?!YOU COULDN’T POSSIBLY HAVE INTERNET in your cabin and NO OTHER HOME COULD,since internet DIDN’T EXISTED YET!STOP CONFUSING your writers by writing SUCH NONSENSES!

JayBerryJayBerryover 4 years agoAuthor
To the idiot who thinks he knows tech and when things happened.

The internet existed years before Google. We also had something called Compuserve that was pre-internet but sort of did the same thing. It was all dial-up, but hell I was using modems to book travel in the early 1980s. Google wasn’t around until the mid-90s but there was a thriving on-line world (including online gaming, ecommerce, etc) well before googles.

Cell phones? Yeah they existed. They were about the size of a binoculars case and service was terrible. My company had a few of them we used when people went from the national parks into the major cities so we could get hold of them. And no, international service didn’t exist yet. Cell phone existed here and there in foreign countries mostly for emergency services and a few very rich people.

I could sight sources, but hell, I lived through all of this and know it was the case. Go look it up for yourself. Search words McCaw Cellular, Apple Link, Compuserve, SABRE, AOL, Sierra Network/Imagination Network.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJayBerry@JayBerry
I'm an old guy. I've been through a lot and I am proud to say I lived through it all and even grew from the experience. I mostly write about my past. I don't consider it to be fiction - but some of this stuff goes back 50 years or more and so it might be the tale is an inco...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES