All Comments on 'Five Christmases'

by TheWorldSpins

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
rascal98rascal98over 10 years ago
Well done

I think you wrote the dialogue very well. The banter , especially at the beginning of their relationship is fun, flirty and plausable. A very good story, nice arc and nice ending. Please keep writing !

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome

One of the best stories I've ever read on here. Well done. Good luck in the contest.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Good story

Maybe I'm the prince of ambiguity and reality, but that was all this story lacked, and its score will be very good despite the lacking. The wife flew to high and fast and cheated (Cleche) The cheating wife fell into penury,(Cliche) The noble vanilla tempered (Cliche) ex husband did very well financially,(Cliche). The ex wife driven into his bed by lack of success.(Cliche). Relationship works on the basis of a submissive wife (Cliche)

Suppose she continued to be successful, but longed to spend more time with the children, and wasn't satisfies with her sex life. And suppose he was doing pretty good but not particularly well off. She could choose him freely, and after some to and fro he her.

Reasonably all the reconciliation shouldn't have been on her shoulders, He should have had to do something, made some changes to make it work, maybe understand that the family income was their income, not his and hers. The rest of the story would flow much as you have it. You could even have the conflict of her money paying for a family trip to Disney World, and his initial resistance.

Still it fills the bill for the main audience, and is a pretty good story as it stands

Chilley

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
NO MATTER THE OUTCOME

it just isn't worth all the BS, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a shame that ...

"chilleywilley" didn't proof read his/her Comments!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A must read

Very compelling reading. Masterfully written weaving attraction, lust, betrayal, deceipt and love into great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Say what?

She cheats on him. After the divorce, she screws any swinging dick that takes her fancy. Five years on, alimony long gone, times are getting tough, so it's back to good ol' hubby. Remember hubby's line, "I'm not your bitch...anymore." No, your her bitch...AGAIN!

Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

I think you wrote a very strong, emotional story about two people who loved each other, but worked hard at totally fucking it up. Nice ending, but you could have just left it at them getting back together and it would have been good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
strong emotional story

While I found the "wild sex reconciliation" Xmas scene a bit over the top, much of the story had real emotional power. I liked it quite a lot. I hope you'll continue in this vein, rather than in the dominance/humiliation vein of a lot of your fraternity/sorority stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4*s

Looks real good TWS . I believe you are going to be in the hunt.

Some folks complain , you wrote a bunch of cliches. But ALL being written has been

done before. Check the Sumerians, Ancient Egyptians and Greeks. Oh, lets not forget

the Bible !

It's on you ,your style, talent, and wordsmithability ( is that a word? anyone??)

that can make the old cheaters story something prize worthy!!

One more item. I suspect you would be better served putting this and stories like

it in the Loving Wives category. By now you would have triple the readers.

Probably, quadruple the comments. ChillyWillie can confirm that truly.

Looking for more I am

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great stuff, but unless you have a seriously masochistic streak, I don't recommend you take this over to Loving Wives. The sheer amount of abuse and "yer a cuck" whining that you can expect to receive is really not worth it.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 FERAL ANIMALS AND CHEATERS

always try and return to a safe haven. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

This was well written. Serious throughout and then the fun ending. A great read and instant favorite. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wrong category?

shouldn't this type of story belong in the loving wives section?

(i kinda feel cheated by this since i really try to stay away from that section)

anyway, no matter how i look at it, it's just unacceptable.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Absolutely awesome!!

Excellent story, and I saw only one mechanical error. I believe this is the only TWS story I've read. The low scores in the later LW (my favorite) stories would explain why I took passes on them. I have to agree with the previous commenter. This should have been in LW. I would have read it much sooner! (I only found this story because I searched for "cheating wife" tags.)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
SO he dumps the cheating slut

She has a hard time of it and now, in return for some sex, he's going to marry the slut again? Where did he leave his brain? Not a bad story until you had him become an absolute moron. Then the story disintegrated into a pile of unbelievable garbage. Nobody could be THAT stupid.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 8 years ago

It took a lot of pain and suffering on both their parts but,it was gratifying that they finally got back together. Yeah,she'd cheated on him but,that was a long time ago with lots of water passing under the bridge. She'd suffered plenty for that mistake and spent over a year proving how much she loved him. Her very hot Christmas gift to him,involving lots of smoking sex ,was the trimming on the tree! ~ Loved the ending with Lauren arranging for her old roommate/his crush,Charlene to be his Christmas gift as part of a 3some! ~ A 5 for this enjoyable tale!

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
I liked this story...

I liked this story...A good read, sometimes funny, others dramatic, others sad, and with a happy end...3*

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
nice story

Five stars for sure.

I wouldnt call him silly or dumb for taking back cheating "slut" like you call her. He divorced her,made a happy life for 5 years and she was remorsful.

One again-nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank god for this story

Its so nice to finally read a story here that isn't the standard btb fair or a poorly disguised cuckold story masquerading as a reconciliation. Nice...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sexual Harassment!?

Enjoyed the story; great ending. However, instead of being destitute, she (and he) should have filed suit against the company for sexual harassment - Boss porks female underling. Frank needed a comeuppance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lauren never addressed his main concern

The main concern he discussed when talking at the mall was her reaction when she thought she could sleep around. And when discussing paternity she said they were his and she wouldn't do that to him.

Well I have to say she would do that since she was doing her boss. How can any person in their right mind who "loves" their spouse feel it is acceptable to cheat and no one will get hurt because they will never know?

How long did she cheat? Were there others? Why didn't he sue the company?

She didn't love him as a spouse should. The whole relationship is suspect because he obviously didn't know her true self.

I don't like the reconciliation in this one. She cheated on him, disrespected him, lied to him, and was a selfish slut not just once but for an extended period. How can you trust someone after that? Just because he still has feelings for what he remembers as good times.(based on not knowing the "real" Lauren) does not mean they should get back together.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Indeed she never did explain properly, instead she got him to think with his little head.

He must certainly be braindead to take her back. He should have opened himself to someone new and truly moved on.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17almost 7 years ago
It Was Going So Great Until

THE END!

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 6 years ago
Well written, but

I don’t normally comment on plot, but in this instance credibility get stretched. Unless your hero has had the emotional equivalent of a sex change operation, after her first and multiple subsequent affairs, he would never trust her again, and shouldn’t.

weathermanksweathermanksover 5 years ago
Rewarding!

I just finished reading it twice, and it was emotional, gut wrenching, and ultimately satisfying. I need and want happy endings, and you finally put them back together. The only reason I didn't give five stars is because the ending with Charleen was really not necessary and kind of took away from their reconciliation. You could have ended it at "You are home." Still liked it very much.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 5 years ago
I Really Like This Story

I do not like the other stories TWS has posted, but I really like this one. I reread it occasionally. I do agree Lauren does not address his most painful point, that she believed, even if only out of fear and panic, that he would be OK with her cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Entertaining and

satisfying. Some elasticity in one's credulity is needed to cope with some of the tangential events but, all in all, a good read. I gave it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
RAAC

You expended a lot of time and effort just to come up with another RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Evan Williams

Hey. No need to knock Evan Williams. Their small batch is excellent!

Oh - and good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very, very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

hello? math??

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Lot of stuff to like in this one. DFW is overrated, but it's worth trying to be Pynchon, only that the world would not make him famous these days. Same with Delillo and probably Gibson. For some reason, his re-uniting with this ex-wife strikes me as kind of pointless. Why would you ever want someone who stabbed you in the back to be around you again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was quite good! The prospect of the threesome at the end was too much: either take her back or don't, but if you do, be faithful. Otherwise, very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They never did address why she was so deliriously happy he would make such a nice cuckold. Without intervention she was going relish his humiliation . Once she gets turned into a burnt out old hoe she comes back. The synopsis.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a journey for these two, finally after all of the drama and heartache for 5 years Lauren realized what she had done and put herself at the mercy of David and hope for forgiveness and reconciliation. I guess in his heart he never stopped loving her and decided it was time to forgive and let Lauren back in his life and be his wife and mother of their children again forever. Well done 5++stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There are good things in this story. Something that bothers me is that the author has made up what is really a pretty hard-hearted character, but in a way that he knows will please most of these male-centered readers. The truth is that he exploited women ruthlessly, especially at the point where he purposefully had only one-night relationships. What the reader is supposed to think, here, I think is 'yeah, most women are sluts who are happy with one-nighters, he's getting what he needs and not doing any harm (or, not doing any harm that women don't deserve) ). The truth is that women, even when apparently fine with one-nighters, are a lot of the time hopeful something more will come of things. His firm intention to never let that happens is a form of using them. I suppose one can say that one night is what they signed on for (assuming he played things straight with them in his presentations), so it's fair. But I think what's happening is the author is counting (correctly) on the strong anti-women vein in the readers to make all this o.k. and no problem at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He is hard hearted but when someone has an ONGOING AFFAIR thats to be expected, he is a man not a boy and a man having his heart ripped out changes him. The only objection I have is taking her back, she cheated MULTIPLE times and was going to openly cuck him and only took him back because HER Life when SHITT, this is where he became too soft he shouldve moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's a trap.

He fucks Charlene and she can throw it in his face later on.

Hope he didn't or isn't planning on marrying her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Many men may fantasize about a threesome with two women. But your always ignoring someone, you only have two hands and one dick so there's always going to be a problem - not to mention the fallout afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well that was empowering to read...NOT! Yeah he got a raw deal just five years into their marriage. And he took it hard for four more years. Becoming for a while a borderline alcoholic, then an author of feminine YA stories, and from time to time thinking about using his gun on himself, all while being the proverbial man slut. Apparently when he wasn't thinking about the bottle, on the laptop, staring at his revolver, or seeing his two girls on the weekend, all he could think about was sex with no meaning. I can see rhat at first to get his confidence back about his sexual prowess but doubt that took 4+ years. Don't get me wrong what she did was a massive betrayal. Despite have everything she needed or reasonably hope for at home: two little toddlers (like age 3 or so), a loving husband, a good career, and great sex, she got on a power trip and wanted more which apparently meant fucking a 50 year old guy who couldn't possibly have stoked her fires like hee husband. Of course even worse was his trying to cut her husband's balls off by getting excited when she misinterpreted what he said that fateful night and was gleefully happy that he would let her fuck her boss and open up their marriage. Interestingly, it seems like she only fucked Frank for the power kick, but it isn't clear, only intimated briefly in the mall. Then she had one shitty relationship after another post divorce, finally hitting rock bottom. Btw why did she hit rock bottom? First of all, she never thought to get any kompramat regarding the affair with her boss. It went on for like 18 months or so, well past the divorce. That way when she got terminated she could file for sexual harassment. Period. Besides money in a settlement, it would also give her cover for a reference. Heck even without that she could move out of the area and get someone lower on the totem pole to give her a reference. So yeah for all hee grief over the divorce and her betrayal of her husband and the hole in her heart, she kept fucking Frank well into the new year until she was fired. Hmm. Look, I can see him taking in his daughters she hit her nadir. I can see him even help.her get a better job than waitressing. I can even see him (maybe) rutting with her once since he had no one special in his life. But how do they end up.back together. And sexual healing when she offers herself up? Apparently really hot sex, rebuilds trust and fosters reconciliation. Maybe if the author hadn't done the whole she misinterpreted his declaration as him giving her the go ahead to fuck her boss. That was just twisted. It means she had lost total respect for her husband. So quite a RAAC. Reconciliation through sex. And note I don’t think the threesome is a trap. Heck they probably have a lopsided prenuptial in place. And even if they don't, it appears she is fully devoted to him by the end of the story. But seriously how do they get to that point after everything that happened. Yeah she changed but did he recover? He too really crashed post divorce, the difference is he finally earned money off his books.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Unreal. Her betrayal was massive. Only because she hit skid row, did she end up back with him. Total RAAC through sex.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Some commenters miss the point of this story about sex as inadequate healing. It isn't just the sex that facilitates a bridge towards recociliation, but the intimacy. Most loving couples show that intimacy every day, even old ones, in their physical interaction, including haptics, kinesics, etc.. Sex is just a special expression of it. Personally, I liked this story very much. Real reconciliations only occur when the offending spouse suffers enough too. Apologies and remorse alone mean little without the offended spouse seeing the real contrition from loss and sacrifice. It's a necessary form of restitution to the offended one to restore their dignity. The author points to this with her admission of suffering in response to his prior admission to a sense of loss and self-regard. BigGuy33 usually captures these dynamics well. Yeah, he betrayal was massive, but so was her fall. She made restitution ultimately. I would probably have taken her back too, and I am not an accepting cuck either.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An amazing woman. Forgiveness. An excellent story.

Please keep writing!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster11 day ago

A RAAC story with a twist... interesting !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous