All Comments on 'Flame of Cytherea 02'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
thank You 5*

This story is very good. please more and SOON! Thanks again!

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
Awesome!!!

Fantastic Story!!! Can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
ALSO

Also the ending of the sex scene between Justin and Kat was exceptionally delicious

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Hmm, yes

Kat, Nora, Nicci, and Sally. Fun times for Justin. Good thing he's 18. The boy's going to need all the help he can get. Heh heh heh

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
Question

In part 1, Justin didn't need to clean his clothes, bathe, or brush his teeth. Why did he need to bathe after waking up in this part, and also notice his clothes were still dirty when he smelled them?

MagicwrtrMagicwrtrover 9 years agoAuthor
Cleaning.

Cynthia was the cleaning talent at the inn, she was no longer there. I'm pretty sure he even mentioned missing her when he talked about being dirty.

Hence needing to wash.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
This is a wonderful story, but

You don't understand love. Limitless love is an interesting argument for adultery or polygamy, but the fact remains; we are finite beings and for us love is not limitless. Moreover, you make no distinction between the different types of love. Conjugal love is only possible between one husband and one wife. If you tried to share it with more than one woman, then you have altered the quality of the love and it is not the same. You may well feel love for both women, but you have by your greed, abused God's greatest gift, and will never experience it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Who doesn't understand love.

It is a shame that people are so stuck in their own belief systems that they feel free to try and force the reset of the world to think like they do. To blindly say that there is only one type of love and it is only one way reflects poorly on the person making the comment.

I am astonished that some with such a narrow point of view is reading a story on this site? Maybe "lusting" in his heart?

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Not too bright huh?

I actually questioned the lack of distinctions between different types of love. More or less the exact opposite of your comment.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
SplitAces

OOOO! You Do come back and check on these things! I gotta tell ya, I am a big fan of your delusional rants! I laughed my ass off when I saw your progressive comments on another long (and long-finished) story warning the characters and author about God this and that...what was it? "diluting" and "reprehensible behavior"? Yet you finished the story.

You also have NO control over where the story goes or what the author decides to do. Your arrogance and judgment is kind of like a road-rager in traffic, you have this illusion of control, of when it does not got your way, you start wailing and having a tantrum just like a chimpanzee denied his banana.

But I expect no less from a Christian, likely a Southern Baptist, from Georgia. You should watch Jerome Bixby's "The Man from Earth" sometime. The Christian has the weakest argument and the most narrow view, no surprise, and is the first the break down in that face of real challenge.

Because in the end, you are worshipping your own awareness, and expressing your helplessness about reality and the lack of control, not to mention your fear of death, in a manner designed solely to control others...because if you can control how other people marry or have sex, then it makes you a worthwhile human being, to be sure. XD the more you try, the more afraid and pathetic you look.

Oh, psst, and humans are bisexual on a continuuum and capable of serial monogamy and polygamy both. One man and one woman was always pretty boring, even back when Oo-oo and Oag made Ugg and they were cousins. Diversity is good for a species.

Hahahahahaha!

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Think I hit a nerve

You're very emotional, but if you study General Semantics, you'll find it is a common response when you don't understand a word or the context in which it is used; so I'll try to use little words and define the ones I think may confuse you. If you recall (doubtful, as memory is a recognized component of intelligence) the author's use of the phrase limitless love as justification for carnal relations with multiple partners in order to increase the overall amount of love in the area, vicinity, planet, universe?; implying it would be a good thing. I pointed out that as we are finite (not limitless) beings; his argument was invalid. Now, (yes I know it's difficult) think. My argument is not a point of view or a religious belief. It is based solely on the definitions of the words used. This is an example of logical thinking. Ok, I know your brain is hurting; but read my comment again. That's right, no reference to Jesus whatsoever! Where do you get the idea I'm a Christian, much less Southern Baptist; because I now reside in Georgia? I've traveled all my life; Europe, Australia, New Zealand,Fiji, American Samoa, Okinawa, Japan, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and damm near every state in the union. My wife is English. I was a Marine, then a Field Engineer for 27 years. Don't try to make me out as some backwater, red neck hick. I'm erudite, well traveled, very intelligent and I'll have my say. I know you one handed readers won't agree with me, but if I see a fallacious argument for destructive behavior, I'll point it out.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
God, I love Marines!

*blows kiss* thanks for taking the jizz on your cheek, sweetie. totally high now knowing you are paying attention. Keep entertaining me. At least until I get bored again. Anything else you want to reveal about yourself, Wookie? I have about two minutes to cuddle.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
My apologies

I didn't realize you're only eight.

masterj32202masterj32202over 9 years ago
To Split Aces

On what are you basing your opinion? Not the Bible, the only things concerning the subject are "to go forth and multiply" and not to lay with another not your mate, i.e. adultery. However, nowhere does it limit the number of wives a man may have, save in Leviticus, where I believe you have to be able to provide for all wives. On the contrary, there are multiple instances of multiple wives. Now I believe, I need to say, I am not trying to be confrontational. I am truly curious, from where you get your belief.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
To masterj32202

You're right. I'm not a church-goer and I don't really know the bible all that well. I'm sure most would consider me from way out there in left field. I've considered your question but I can't give you a quick answer as for the most part it is based on my experiences and the philosophy for living that I more or less developed on my own. The more I've thought about it, the more I've realized what an interesting life I've had; and that to answer you properly I'd more or less have to write my auto-biography; which I'm strongly considering. I will tell you this, there have been a number of pivotal events in my life, but without a doubt, the key one happened the summer of 1971. My Dad had finished his third tour in Vietnam, and we were stationed at Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was buff, blond, tanned and seventeen. I had a summer job at the enlisted men's club on base, where every day I picked up at least eight tons of beer and loaded up the walk-in reefers. Almost all of my spare daylight hours were spent surfing. I was hot and I knew it. Though I was only seventeen, I had been sexually active for years thanks to an older neighbor girl who introduced me to sex when I was only eleven. I was really excited the day it happened. There had been a major storm in the South Pacific and we were expecting some big waves to be arriving soon. Unfortunately, the big waves weren't the only thing to arrive that day. I was having a blast. The best surf for miles in either direction was literally in my back yard. The sixth green of the base golf course was directly behind our house. Behind the sixth green was a huge sand dune with the tee-off for the thirteenth fairway on top; and directly behind that was the beach. It had been off limits for years because two miles up the beach was pyramid rock; an internationally known breeding area for hammerhead sharks; and the base command considered the waters unsafe. But endless petitions wore them down, and they finally allowed us to surf there. I made my own boards, and I was on my latest creation; a super-radical tri-fin that was only five foot ten inches long. When I was paddling, only the tip of the nose was out of the water, when I was sitting waiting for a wave it was completely underwater. That board made me the master of the critical take-off, as the only way I could catch a wave was if it was breaking on top of me. These details are important because if I had been on one of my bigger boards and out of the water, I might not have gotten so tangled up in the Protugese Man o' Wars that blew up from the South Pacific with the waves. As it was, with the big waves and all the soup (seafoam) I never even saw them, and ended up with three of them wrapped around me from head to toe. I made it to the beach before I died.

Obviously, I was revived. Thank God the base command drove a hard bargain. In order to surf there, we had to be CPR certified. We had to build and man a lifeguard stand; and we had to keep an emergency medical kit on hand; and in that kit was a syringe of atropine. My buddies saved my life; and to this day, I don't know whether to thank them or curse them. I might have been dead, but I sure wasn't unconscious. I was drawn into a brilliant, warm light. It didn't shine on me, but through me; and the presence there emanated an all encompassing, unconditional love that I never wanted to leave. There were no words, more like a transfer of knowledge that continues to manifest with little epiphanies when the circumstances are right. Everyday since then I've longed to experience it again. Naturally, (at least to me) casual sex was over. It was the polar opposite to what I had just experienced. I recognized as an abuse of love. That was one of the first epiphanies I had. Everything, and I mean everything has a use and an abuse. Living right is finding the use of things and avoiding the abuses. I have to knock off now. Let me know if you want me to continue.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
SplitAces translated:

“I’ve discovered what works for me, and thus have decided it should work for everyone else. I’m not really a Marine anymore, if I ever was, because I choose to spend my time giving sermons on the small sci-fi section of a pornographic story site anonymously on the Internet, where there are no consequences and no face-to-face contact that would challenge my beliefs on a personal level. I feign humility by disclaiming church-going or Bible study, when really it is just me being lazy and getting all my news from Fox. Though others including Oberserver7 may have read and studied the cultural significance of the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, the book of Mormon, Confucius, the Tao de Ching, the Upanishads, and the Veda, Native American traditions, the aborigines of Australia, and any other number of great works in this vast world, I choose to keep it simple because otherwise I might get confused. Worse, I might realize that all of these things fulfill some human need, that they are created by their societies to define “same” and “other”, and that they all have their flaws and their good points, and adding it to what else is known of human history, I might worry that God as he is described by my Puritanical-American roots is probably all hogwash.

Mostly you can take me as just one more Old Man resenting the young for being young and not having my wisdom and experience, so I’m here to spoil their fun with guilt and shame in the guise of being kind, as is so common with many Judeo-Christian religions, rather than letting people learn what they will in their own life. I choose to forgo respect in favor of being unsolicited and judgmental. Thus I am a target for mockery.

And Observer7 still thinks I’ve got a cute ass.”

masterj32202masterj32202over 9 years ago
Observer7 and Split Aces continued discussion

Like what you have said, of the books of religion, the same could be said of philosophies, of which Split Aces is one. In other words, while there may be some truth in what you say. The same is true of Split Aces. I for one, do not think, any of us, have all the answers. In response to Split Aces, I do not see what your problem with the story is. It is not sex for its own sake, he loves all these women, before bedding them. Now, I will admit to a condencing of time, for him to have fallen for all these women, for the sake of the story. On the other hand these are not normal conditions. All of them are under multiple stresses, the most significant being war.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
masterj32202

First, let me say I love this story. Science Fiction has always been my favorite genre. But the author painted himself into a corner with the ridiculous statement " To limit love is heresy". It's clear a little further into the story as he juggles multiple lovers that time and space are the limiting factors. The fact is we limit love, if we try to spread it between more than one person. Any time devoted to one lover is time taken from the rest. What isn't clear, is how the quality of his love is changing. Sadly, I can use my own life as an example. I don't know why I experienced what I did when I died on that beach so long ago. Perhaps everyone who dies in agony is comforted that way. What I do know is that who I was up to that point did die. I was no longer the same after I was revived.

My phone is about to die. I'll post this now and continue it later.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
As I was saying

My paradigm had changed. I'd seen beyond the veil. I no longer wondered if there was a God. My freedom had been stripped from me. I was your typical carefree, gonna live forever, self centered teenager and now everything matters. I don't want to go to Hell! In short I grew up in a hurry. Mostly what I felt was remorse. I had always loved pretty girls. My Mom once told me that when I was still only five, she would find pictures of models cut out of magazines under my pillow. When I was seven, my Dad had to explain that I wasn't allowed to make out with the girl across the street. When I was eleven, the girl next door asked me to read a page In a book she had. I read about a man ripping a woman's dress exposing her bosum. I said what's a bosum? She said I'll show you. Sue was awfully advanced, I didn't have sex with anyone else until I was fourteen. Then it was off to the races. I really thought I loved the first few girls, but I was just a kid, no responsibilities; and soon it was all about me. Once I had gotten away with two girlfriends at the same time, all pretense of love was gone. They were just pussy. Then my world changed; and I was ashamed of what I'd become at the ripe old age of seventeen. Hence my skepticism for this storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To Splitaces

I am sorry to say this but I pity your narrow-minded view. Otoh as long as it works for you and you do not harm others it probably is ok. On the gripping hand it is explicitly stated that the goddess chose him as a Flame because his soul was so pure and good. Another clue is that the empath among the girls feels his lust which is dominated and controlled by his love. This very high capacity for love enables him to be a Flame as love is the trigger for his special abilities. I am definitely not like that and I guess that you are not either.

I think it is best to judge sci-fi stories within their own universes or with regard to writing quality. Saying that Star Trek was crap because a warp drive does not work as described or because they can't get the Date/time straight or claiming that Star Wars was crap because the ships make a noise in space without regarding the story, characters or anything else - what would you say about that?

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
So....my pointing out the limitations imposed on us by time and space makes me narrow-minded?

I guess an interest in science fiction requires far less intellect than I had imagined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good story

a little bit like graceling

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Split Aces, I pity you.

OK, by your logic I should shred your premise and label you somehow.

I decline. I am obviously older and a bit more experienced.

I have known the love of more than one woman at a time, tho I lived with only one.

I had made a vow and I kept it until She broke it. Then I divorced her and moved on.

This story has it's own world and rules, If you don't like it don't read any more.

But there is no reason to disparage the writer about his world rules. It is HIS.

You make the game, you get to make the rules. Same goes with a story.

I could go on about various writers grammar and spelling and misuse of certain words, I choose to ignore those and enjoy the meaning of the story.

You may ask what gives me the right to berate you. Try an IQ of 148. Yes, I'm smarter than 99% of humanity.

Do I usually lord over people? No, I just feel very lucky.

So what brings me to such a place for reading if I'm so smart? Simple, I've read most of the Sci Fi and hard science available. I truly love Asimovs writing.

I read very fast and recall each book for many years. So I have an insatiable desire for more to read. Thus I read many stories here, where new ones are steadily posted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Phrasing issues

At the very beginning of this chapter:

>like it was meaningless to follow him

That phrasing makes the term "meaningless" focus on the "follow him", as in, "it was meaningless to follow him" (to follow him was meaningless), whereas what you really wanted to say was "like it was meaningless to do anything other than follow him" (to do anything but follow him was meaningless).

>They set up a rough camp, not having any tents about fifty feet into the trees.

This one sounds like they were put out by not having tents fifty feet up (vertically) into the tree canopy. I would suggest "Not having any tents, they set up a rough camp about fifty feet into the tree line."

That was just the first page, might add more later.

ausvirgoausvirgoover 3 years ago

Loving it, although there's a bit of inconsistency here:

Nicci was not used to showing flesh, but here she is casually stripping to bathe in mixed company. Plus, in a culture where such bathing was sufficiently normal for all three women to be comfortable doing it the soldiers would not have been so distracted by Nicci's cleavage and figure when she was leaving the castle.

Also, a typo: "grabbed a long dagger and sheathe" - sheathe is the verb, sheath the noun, so you would sheathe a dagger in it's sheath.

But hey, while I might be good at picking up this sort of thing, you're the one who's good at writing great stories, and the typos and inconsistencies are way fewer than in some stories, and don't really detract from the story, even for a pedant such as myself.

Thank you!

Richard1940Richard1940over 1 year ago

Puts an entirely new meaning to the phrase "A hot bird"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous