Flapper Dick Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will ride with him, so nobody will think a colored bull pinched a white fella." Fred rolls his eyes.

"I gave you good nookie today." Toss my hands and poke Fred.

"This isn't about nookie, this is about getting Burt to the station without this bull being called in about." Bull tosses his hands.

"Why not nookie with me?" I am giggling now.

"Because he gave me a really good seeing to today." John is chuckling into his hand then whistles.

"So long as he gets to the station right behind us." Toss my hands and all three fellas are chuckling.

Do climb in the jalopy with the bull and then we are following John. Burt doesn't say anything the whole way so we sort of follow his example. Not that I had much to talk about, I wouldn't mind talking more on the dark room but we learned all we need until we get to a store selling the stuff. Also not in the jalopy with Fred.

Then we are at the station and parking in front. Sort of odd but then the bull has to go back on patrol too, I think at least. Inside we end up behind John and the pinch talking to the sergeant to get the paperwork done. Rather long list of offenses, I mean assault, resisting arrest, and then suspected of pilfering items off the trains, the pinch is denying all of it.

Other sergeant gets over to us and leads to his desk where I sit Burt down at the chair. Oddly enough the chair is still there. Sergeant tosses his hands and goes to get another chair and then pushes me into it. So I sit giggling and Burt is grinning next to me.

"Pretty sure you can go back on patrol now." Sergeant says which is true though there is one thing so twist to look at him.

"I likely will get dropped off here, our speakeasy opens at six and Fred is working tonight. Before you ask I own a breezer so it's not warm." Bull snorts and nods.

"I have a jalopy, had to buy fast since the trains don't stop near the station." I snort and then he is leaving so turn back to the sergeant who has a frown.

"What on God's green earth are you doing with him?"

"He will help me go looking for a safe cracking crew. John's case but he has a raid tonight at train yard. Mostly on account of the bull just left, he had been told of an attack happening so we followed along cause of the lights and stopped the attack to learn of a plan to pilfer off a train tonight from Detroit." Sergeant nods and smiles then eyes Burt.

"So who is this?"

"This is Burt, he was indicated as having talked to a fella or fellas about trains and the one he talked about was pilfered. The belt we bought off the gang was same train I think." Sergeant nods and Burt groans.

"They were young fellas, last year or two of high school I figured on and were train lovers. We get them at the yard plenty, many become switchers or go all the way up to engineer so running a train." Sergeant is nodding.

"My boy is the same way, I end up going to the yard on the weekends. Last year of school for him so perhaps not for much longer, but then he is talking of going to college so would stay with us."

"My condolences." Sergeant and Burt are chuckling.

"Good side to it at least, he is going to be a lawyer. Surprised me when he said that but then my own fault for getting the Tribune."

"We get it too, asked our neighbor and he said it's the only one worth reading. I think you bulls all get it, and the lawyers like it because it covers more of the court cases."

"We don't all get it, honest we get all of the newspapers and then us sergeants collect them so we read up on everything. Honest there isn't a whole lot to do in here most days, as bad as things are in Chicago we don't see more than maybe fifteen people a day. Also think now is a good time to get to the questions on our witness." Burt sighs and nods then puts his hand up.

"As I said I figured on simply love trains. It was five fellas who looked to be in last year of high school, two looked younger even. So they are asking about the trains, mostly in how fast they go then moved on to trains off to the side. Which is where the trains we load and unload are. So I explained that part and pointed out the crew going over to the train sitting over there. I had been waiting on the train I was assigned, it did have the belts on it, among other things."

"So they are asking after the trains and then you shared on waiting for a train and they walked away?" Burt is nodding though the sergeant pokes me.

"Supposed to let them talk and only guide them to what you want to know if they meander." Toss my hands and poke at the sergeant.

"I need to be getting home and eating, knocked up skirt. So faster he finishes faster I am waiting on Fred." Sergeant snorts and grins.

"He went with John, they are going to question the pinch for a bit." Sigh though I likely can get in on that.

"I suppose I'll have to go find them once we finish, and then Burt will need a lift back to the yard." Sergeant nods and smiles.

"We can find someone who isn't doing anything to drive him back. So back to the story where you left off, and no talking out of you, let him do it at his own speed."

"Will go back to where I was since this is sort of related. So after relating the part on why the train is off to the side they asked why I was over where I was. So I told them I had a train, had three loaders with me, it helps to have some to pull switches so you are not running or riding on train and stopped to get switches." Put up my hand since there is definitely something to ask.

"Sorry but this is sort of odd, two of them said they heard you talking to fellas about the train got pilfered from. You just said they are there to do switches ahead of the train, how did they hear?" Burt snorts.

"There are three loading and unloading stations. We are a crossroad for most trains, the ones going across the country and then more local. Not all are there to load or unload so we need a lot of tracks, but stations are limited since most trains go on through, some get fuel while here and there are lines for that. They heard since they were standing nearby, I stop the train check what is open and guide accordingly, so need them there to tell which switches to do." Sergeant puts up his hand.

"Sort of a side question, why is there one loading station on the right side and rest on left side of track?" Burt grins then.

"Trains open on both sides, but some trains are a local most of the time so they lock one side depending on their stops. Sometimes we get trains come in with locked on the left side so over to the right loading. Most loaders only come over after the train is there so they simply go to the station with the train they are told to."

"Interesting and good to know, perhaps. I think continue on with the story."

"So this is where it gets a little odd on the questions, after relating that I am waiting on a train they ask why I am waiting on a train. So tell them it is to be unloaded and some loading. So they are asking what is on the train. Not normal to be asked that but I shared since besides bullets for the gun stores it is ordinary things. Before anyone asks we unload the bullets first thing, not because they are dangerous but listed as such so they are done first to not stack things on or other things. None of the things that matter with dangerous does with bullets besides not lighting on fire but way they are labeled. So we unload the bullets and then move to the next car which has belts, suspenders, and I think full suits to get out our allotment to find someone had grabbed belts and suspenders."

"I'm going to need to see your driver license, makes you a full on witness and while we are raiding the gang right now we likely will have some alive so we will need you to make identification on fellas you talked to. They would have added time of having robbed a train." Burt nods and pulls out his wallet to hand over to the sergeant.

"Don't they get a lot of time for selling heroin?" Sergeant shakes his head though still reading and writing.

"Selling heroin isn't all that long, up to six years I think it was. With theft added in, along with selling restricted without a license those that he can finger are looking at up to twenty years. Depends on what the judge decides if their lawyer doesn't talk them into accepting a deal." Burt looks confused now, then puts up his hand.

"I'm confused on that, you mean the accused doesn't have to accept a deal to serve time but not the maximum?" Sergeant is nodding.

"Doesn't happen that often in these cases but some accused do refuse deals and go to trial proper. Some get found not guilty but not that many so far."

"Also what I am supposed to be doing with Fred, court appointed dicks to find more information on cases." Sergeant is nodding so Burt snorts.

"You look different in the newspaper."

"Most of the time the reporters use bad pictures of her so she isn't known." Sergeant says so I am wondering how he knows and why.

"Why, and how do you know that?" Sergeant snorts and grins.

"District Attorney himself went and talked to the newspapers. We learned of it simply from fellas talking, one of the lawyers mentioned it to a sergeant and word spread. Why is because you are a dick and do call in or otherwise remove crime. In some cases the picture they use is good, but those are side pictures of you anyway. We don't want you known on the street, it's hard for a bull to do the same thing you do, I mean the gang today was you driving by and spotting. We are unable to spot them." I am nodding since I know on that.

"Yeah I know, they drop under the porch wall or go inside when see a bull."

"Is that why there seem to be gangs in the newspaper every day?" Burt asks and Sergeant is nodding.

"Mostly due to north side, and west side. North side has bunches of gangs and the neighbors aren't calling in on them when it is a small gang so they get bigger then try and expand so shooting at other gangs. Which is when we learn of the gangs." I am nodding.

"North side seems to have a don't get involved mentality. When we were up there and stopped the fella from forcing himself on a skirt nobody came out of their house, there were multiple shots fired and screaming." Sergeant is nodding.

"Didn't used to be like that, I half think those living up there are thinking police won't do anything."

"At least south side we still pay attention to things, though not calling on gangs." Sergeant shakes his head.

"We do get calls, but most of those are simply to say I think there is a gang, but they never see them doing anything wrong. We explain that to them, but they don't seem to pay attention. I think mostly because as soon as two or more get together and say gang, they get pistols and do flash those." Burt is nodding.

"There is a gang two blocks south of me. One of them likes to walk around with a pistol in his pants. He is wearing a suit so can hide it easy, but usually the jacket is pulled wide and you see it. I pass him on the way home from work." Sergeant sighs and looks at Burt's wallet again then folds it up and gives back.

"Yeah we know on that place, the pistol is hidden when a patrol goes by."

"Why not drive over in a jalopy without bull lights and buy a belt or drugs then call in the raid?" Sergeant sighs and shakes his head.

"Not allowed to do that. On duty officers are in their designated vehicle. I can take it up to the captain and then perhaps will go to the superintendent. Just no telling if it will, though I have heard that we will hire on skirts to be in the station. I think our lady patrol are getting assigned to that in addition to watching over the beach and markets."

"Honestly they should be given a jalopy and patrolling like a regular bull." Sergeant sighs and shakes his head.

"Not happening, women are mom, always need mom so she doesn't do dangerous duty. Besides we need more doing paperwork so get the skirts in doing that and more fellas patrolling." Sigh because it's hard to fault that.

"Can't be speaking against more patrolling, still say skirts can do it. I'm out there doing it." Sergeant nods and shrugs.

"Also knocked up, honest most of us are wondering when Fred makes you stop." Burt snorts so I poke at him.

"He isn't my husband so I will stop when I feel like it, or swollen so much doing much is hard which is coming I know that." Sergeant nods and winks.

"My wife likes that you are out there doing as much as you are. We both laughed when you got called to testify in that trial."

"Yeah I don't think I will get called to testify again by the defense. Also think we are done with Burt, so see on getting him a lift, and where did Fred go?" Sergeant snorts and stands up to look around then waves his hand, a fella comes over.

"Take this skirt to where John and the big fella took the pinch."

Fella nods then holds out his hand to help me up. Then we are heading farther into the building away from the stairs to upstairs. At least the one that leads to the detectives I don't think that is all of upstairs. Then we are going downstairs and there are doors, the fella goes over to each one and knocks then opens to look inside.

Does this twice talking to someone in there before shutting door and moving on. Third door he opens and looks in then waves me over. Ushers me inside and then he shuts the door so I am looking at John, Fred, and the other John that shoved me to the floor. Fred hops up and guides me over to sit in the chair he had there, then stands behind me and crosses his arms.

Likely frowning too, though I am looking at the table, and the John that pushed me. I have to admit this is a big table, close to the same as our kitchen table though not rounded either.

"Get anything good from Burt?" John asks so I look at him and nod.

"He was talked to by five fellas that were young right before the train got pilfered from. They had been unloading bullets first so the gang got to the belts and suspenders first. Sergeant collected his address so once they get the ones that lived back they can collect him and get identification on the thieves." John snorts and shakes his head.

"Honest more of them live when you are not involved." Toss my hands and swat at John.

"It's my turn to be the nice one so you ruined it." Fred snorts.

"You do all of your nice in bed or the shower."

"Don't forget the table, it's a lot of fun to perch on our kitchen table and let him have his enjoyment. Have to clean the table after, but small price to pay." John snorts and rolls his eyes though I am looking at the other one. "You will talk to us, or I will lament not being able to enjoy him on this table by shooting your kneecaps first."

"You can't be doing that." John sighs and shrugs.

"Court appointed dicks, honest this is from on high, they are in charge. I will be told to go get some joe and there will be some shooting." I am nodding and wink.

"Accidental shooting, completely unplanned."

"She leaned over and the pistol just fell out and went off, mine did the same when I dove to get hers." Fred says getting the other John to pale.

"Except your are telling me this in front of him." John snorts and shakes his head.

"I haven't heard a thing." Fella is looking paler, and then one thing comes to me.

"Course if you talk, I mean tell us everything we can call up the District Attorney and get you a deal, less to no time in jail depending."

"Depending on what?" He is looking a little desperate for this so I think we got him talking.

"Depending on if you can get us the people who are doing the thieving."

"I don't know all of them, they are only sending over a couple guys and asking questions."

"Do you know their names?" John asks getting the other John to sigh and shake his head.

"I know they are called Carl and Benjamin, not Ben it seems to be a sore spot." John looks at me with a frown.

"Suppose should send him back to the yard and wait for them to contact him again, but he was pinched all proper." I am nodding though there is one thing.

"Need to find out when they do, and then he shoved me and got run into, so what is the normal time in a cell for that?"

"They come in on Monday, we have the listing done up for the week, there is leeway to allow for slowdowns and then special trains." Other John answers first.

"Good information to have, will get a couple detectives to go sit at the lounge on Monday, unless they get to you elsewhere." Other John shakes his head.

"They usually come in to the lounge to talk to me, most Mondays are slow until after lunch." John is nodding and smiles.

"We will release you on bail tomorrow. No running, no calling them if you know the number. Pull that and you will be pinched and we will charge you with every train robbery this year." Fella is shaking his head.

John nods and smiles, then stands up and is working on getting him off the table. There are bracelets and chains to the table so sitting in here a fella isn't getting away. Fred keeps me in the chair so I am confused until John comes back. He sits with a sigh and looks up for a moment.

"Sometimes I think I am getting too old for this."

"That older skirt didn't think so." John snorts and shakes his head.

"Nice that she wanted me but I'm not that old yet. Also think she was just saying that to be nice. Will have to remember the deal you offered to him, we don't really have anything on him unless he did take dough and didn't admit to it."

"So you had him talking before I got in?" John is nodding.

"We had been asking if he is taking dough and other things, he was denying most of it." Fred snorts.

"I'm pretty sure he was lying about the dough. No other reason for him to be sharing when trains arrive to fellas he knows by first name." John nods and shrugs.

"We want to put a dent in the fellas taking things off the trains. If we let him walk from taking dough to share details on said trains that is better than not getting the thieves."

"There are probably others that do the same thing, they are just smarter about it and not where the loaders hear." John is nodding then looks up to groan.

"Entirely possible the raid tonight is getting the crew that he is talking to."

"They may not show, and what time is it?" John checks his watch and sighs.

"Four thirty." Fred sighs and nudges me.

"We better get over to a diner." Shake my head since one of us needs to go home.

"You go on home and make sure Audrey is alright. She is either waiting to make dinner or is making it. So you go home and then to a diner or enjoy dinner with her. I will eat with John since we are both staying out tonight to do dangerous things." Fred sighs and looks up.

"You just want to get under that bull." Toss my hands and poke at Fred.

"If we go out again tomorrow night I will think about it. You gave me a really good seeing to, if he begs I will suck him since I haven't managed to do that yet." John snorts.

"I've never had that done to me."

"Go to a bordello they will."

"I'd rather bring her pleasure too." Toss my hands and swat at him.

"Then find a skirt and get her to do it when it is that time." John turns green so I am giggling.

Then we are exiting the room and heading back upstairs. We don't have anything else to be doing so Fred is going to go. I get pulled into him and a really wonderful kiss that has the sergeants whistling and clapping. John has gone off somewhere then Fred is leaving so I am unsure on what to do.

John comes back and takes me with him upstairs so he can check on his desk. He has messages and a new folder there so sits and goes over those. I sit on his desk since there isn't an empty chair at this point. I think because detectives stop at five so at four they come in here if they weren't already to do what John is doing.

Also rather boring so I ask if he is done yet every couple of minutes. Has him and those nearby chuckling but it is boring to sit here. Finally John hands me a folder and tells to read it so open it up and it is the case where he has the mustache fella spotted. Full on listing of everything they did in the clothing store and this is typed so I am reading this for a while.

1...456789