Flower Girl Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonnaBeck
DonnaBeck
1,062 Followers

Packing up his desk took him all of two minutes, since the company did not allow the employees to over-decorate their cubicles. "One wall hanging, one personal calendar, up to two framed photos, no sports memorabilia," was written in the company handbook. Of course no one ever enforced the policy, but Andy was not into decorating his workspace anyway. He had two coffee mugs in his drawer and a black and white photo of a foggy country road posted to the wall. He kept the photo, but tossed out the mugs.

A few disgruntled employees stood in the parking lot ranting about the injustice, but Andy felt no urge to join them. It was all a numbers game, not a personal vendetta. Besides, he was anxious to get home and sort through his bills and come up with a plan. "Hey Andy, want to get some drinks?" asked Joe from purchasing.

"Nah, not in the mood," Andy answered.

"Well I'm gonna get shit-faced!" Joe sputtered, indignantly.

"Keep in touch," Andy said insincerely, and waved goodbye. Twelve years. Maybe his ex-wife was right. His lack of ambition served her very well when they divorced. He willingly walked away from her, the small business they built together, and the stressful lifestyle that went with it, and never looked back. He never wanted that kind of stress again, the kind that had turned his sweet wife into a raving bitch. Clock in and clock out, leave it all behind at five o'clock -- that was his motto. "An accounting clerk?" she had laughed at him, a simple job that demanded focus, the hours clicking away as he counted other people's money. Twelve years.

But today was Tuesday, and Tuesday meant two hours with Vera. He thought about her freckles and grinned at the thought of what he would do with her tonight.

DonnaBeck
DonnaBeck
1,062 Followers