Folding Newspapers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

-oOOo-

I got out of bed and looked back at Vera. The more I was with her, the more I knew I would be happy being with her all the time. Mother was right about it being unreasonable for us to continue whatever we were doing. Besides, I was sure Mother would never find a way to lose the leg. At least Vera had already accomplished that.

"Should we go out for dinner?" I said. I told Mother I had a date, and I might be home late. She had teased me about getting lucky and if so she would understand if I did not come home during the weekend. I had detected a note of sadness in her voice, but she kissed me on the mouth and assured me she was happy. "Nothing fancy, burgers and a beer."

"I'd love that, but are you sure you want to be seen with me out in public?"

I sat back down and rubbed her belly. "I think you're beautiful."

"Ha," she scoffed, then pushed my hand down onto her stump. "There."

I rubbed for a moment then grabbed the small roll of belly fat. It was not large. I had seen larger. "I'm glad you have this, too."

"Other men aren't."

"I'm not other men." I shook it then drove a finger deep inside, then a second finger.

"Oh, Bruce-e," she moaned, pulling my hand free. "I'm hungry for food. Can you spend the night?"

"Uh-huh."

Vera wore a shorter dress that hid the muffin-top. I loved how her leg looked. She wore a sandal on the single foot. I could tell I was falling in love. Glenda had started it, but now she was gone. Even if I had waited six months to emotionally heal before meeting Vera I still would have felt the same.

Pete's was a dive with good food and good drinks. The crowd was older, but that was fine. All that mattered was that I was with Vera. We sat at a table, and she kicked the sandal off and played footsie, sometimes rubbing my lower leg. I think she wanted to put the foot between my thighs, but did not.

"I'm glad your mother didn't mind," Vera said.

"I'm old enough..."

"That's not what I meant." She grinned. "I'm pretty sure you two are close."

"Does it matter?"

"I guess you probably know Harold and I... Well, that's over just so you know. He's seeing Brenda, and I think that's working out well for him. Have you seen Tina?"

"It was supposed to be this weekend, but she had something come up at work. Now it's just Sunday for brunch."

"How's your mother's wannabe thing going?"

"If she could be missing a leg part-time that'd be perfect. Maybe she and Father could ease into a truce that way."

"Is that what she wants?"

"I don't think there's a surgeon, and she's not putting the leg under a train...so I don't what alternatives she has."

We sipped our drinks and ordered meals. I held her hand and stared into her eyes. I was blind to all the issues. All I wanted right now was to be with her.

"What would you like to happen?" I said, then blew her a kiss.

"What we've been doing is pretty nice."

"Yeah. I was thinking about longer term."

"I'd be a lucky lady if we stayed together. I know that sounds weird. I'm as old as your mother. I know Tina will sweep you off your feet and I'll never see you again."

"What if I said I'd rather be with you than her?"

"I'd think you were crazy." She smiled.

"Crazy in love with you."

-oOOo-

I had sent Tina a text message that I needed to beg out of our date because I had met someone else. She wrote back that she understood. I wondered if she did or how she would react if she knew it was Vera.

At home, I packed a few things so I could spend several nights at Vera's. Mother understood I would be away, but not exactly why. She sat on the bed and watched. Father was away for the rest of the day.

"I've been seeing an older lady, an amputee," I said then showed her pictures.

"This is the one you talked about, Harold's mother."

"Yes, Vera. We happened to meet. Things have been good."

"I'm here if you need me. You're the only one that understands."

"I'm sorry about Father, and that you can't have the amputation."

"Or you." She wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "Would you stay if I lost my leg?"

"What about him?"

"Yeah. Him."

I thought it was odd that we both referred to Father as him. He was the reason I didn't stay with her. I had great fantasies that we ran off to a doctor out of the country for the amputation then lived happily ever after in a beach bungalow, listening to the sounds of the surf and each other.

"Listen," she continued. "I don't want to lose you." She kissed me deeply.

"You have your life here."

"I know. And I know he'd never divorce me despite what he says about me and an amputation. I don't know what to do. I shouldn't be saying any of that because it'll keep you from Vera."

Now, I was truly conflicted as never before. If I had to choose between Mother and Vera, I just did not know what I would do. It was a decision I hoped I would never have to make.

"Mother, I'd like you to meet Vera. Maybe knowing another wannabe might help."

-oOOo-

I had told Vera about my conversation with Mother, and how I wanted the two to meet. The day was comfortably warm, and we met for brunch at a restaurant with an outdoor courtyard. Introductions were over, and some light chitchat was wrapping up.

"I'm very happy that you and Bruce have become so close. I see a long relationship for you both." Mother sipped her coffee then recrossed her legs at the knee. She had lovely legs, and I often enjoyed looking at them, although having one amputated would be quite nice.

"I was as surprised as anyone, but yes, we have fallen in love." Vera sipped her coffee then grinned at me. "He's a wonderful man, and you should be proud."

"I am. He's given me much pleasure, especially lately." Mother smiled and blew me a kiss. "I understand you have BIID, or at least wish to be an amputee."

"Yes. It's been the bane of my existence for my whole life. It comes and goes making me believe it is over with. Then, something happens, I see an amputee, or read an article, and poof, it's back with a vengeance. Lately, it's been really bad and I'm pretending some. That usually just makes it worse. My husband can't stand the idea of me as an amputee. He doesn't know how I feel. Based on other comments, I believe he'd divorce me. I should let him so that I can do as I please."

"You would make a lovely amputee. Would it help if you could be one part-time, have a realistic stump?"

"I don't how that'd be possible, but I'd do anything that'd help."

We started eating and forgot the conversation for several bites of food. I knew more was coming because Vera and I had discussed it all. I thought it was the perfect solution.

Vera slipped a small blue bottle and syringe to Mother and suggested she put in her purse right away before anyone noticed. "That is a potion that will allow you to be an amputee for one to twelve hours. Inject where the stump is to end. Everything happens instantly."

"No way-y," she drawled before taking another bite and sipping more coffee.

"I can assure you based on people I know that use it, they are quite happy with the results."

Vera had also told me about Tina and Brenda and how they both used the potion. How would Harold take the news that Brenda was not a surgically created amputee? It should not matter, but I understood how it might, just as some devotees will have nothing to do with wannabes with real amputations.

"Honey," Mother said to me, "this is fantastic. I can't thank both of you enough."

-oOOo-

I lived with Vera for over two years until she passed away after a heart attack. Mother started slowly with the potion, using it just during the day when Father was at work, then on Saturdays when he was playing golf. A few months later she confronted him while her leg was off. They argued and fought then he walked out, never to be seen again. The divorce was quick and simple.

By then she had learned of the doctor in Colombia and had the leg surgically amputated. She healed and recovered quickly, then resumed her life living away from Overbrook. She used a cover story, never admitting what had actually happened.

I finished at the university and passed my bar exams, then went to work at a large firm. I loved what I did, and I loved Vera. Mother would send me pictures, and suddenly I would be more in love with her, but managed to never let Vera know.

After Vera's funeral, I had dinner with Mother. She was too much to resist. We spent the night together, and every night afterwards. It was the best relationship I ever had.