All Comments on 'Fool's Reward Ch. 01'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
thefranzthefranzover 11 years ago
Promising

You're back and that's just great. I like your stories but I didn't think I would get to read a new one.

Terry was an interesting opponent to the hero Steve in Fools Envy. She has an enormous emotional impact in this story. I am really looking forward to further installments!

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
This has a lot of promise

It isn't sexy or erotic at the moment - but it is intriguing. I'm looking forward to seing how it develops.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting, but the character's don't line up with the previous story

Not sure I understand the evolution of Terry from someone who seemed to finally understand that this kind of behaviour leads to nothing good (as described in the end of Fool's Envy) to then going out and getting gang-banged every other week.

Seems like a damn vibrator would have been more satisfying for her in the long run and staying away from men completely would have been enough self-punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Terry?

Her character at the end of Envy does not seem to follow into this opening. Yet, I am sure we will learn why, at least I hope we do. A follow up with Karen an Steve would be nice. I was shocked that Janie spun it that Terry was hurt badly by her husband.

Very disappointed that Terry is a whore. What happened in those 10 months after Steve's talk with Terry to cause this self destructive behavior?

A lot of questions

Thank you

M1

zed0zed0over 11 years ago
Fuck Her Quick...

... before she croaks!

sunlover813sunlover813over 11 years ago
Thanks

Love you writing thanks for coming back to us please keep up the good work.

energystarenergystarover 11 years ago
I think the character of Terry is consistant..

At the end of the first story she is talking to an imaginary person. How far of a stretch to get to this point? Thanks S-DES!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
My problem is

I could give a flying fuck about Terri - she does not interest me at all. But you write well.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
FOOLS OVER REACT AND RASHLY RUSH

towards problems which multiply expotentially... TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Regardless of his interest

I think by now he knows that it is futile to pursue her. She will only bring him grief, no matter what she might want to do when sober. It's not worth it, no matter what he might think.

Also, in the small community of the business, what is he thinking? Unless he's willing to have these men fired, it's only going to bring trouble at the company.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
good story

very powerful...and moving,ignore the haters.Terry is a fucked up person but.Michael sees she is a decent person who has issues.He is a no nonsense person who reafs people and he knows she needs help.It is real not everyone is a judgrmental jerk,they see good where others see bad.I look forward to seeing what happens here,great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Welcome Back

Ignore the stupid comments that imply this story is not any good. After reading Fools Envy many years ago, I always wondered what would happen to Terry. You painted her as someone that made an incredibly stupid mistake but a mistake not a life changing decision. She realized her mistake but could not change the past. Just like the Rehnquist stories, this story implies an effort at redemption and just like his stories your efforts should be judged on your writing not on people's like or dislike of the storyline. All your stories on this site have been well written and I look forward to your efforts on this storyline. Welcome back!

lyonsbob62269

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Reasonable development

I agree with those who believe that Sweetie is consistent with her portrayal in Fool's Envy, given a while as a lonely woman who screwed up her 'true love.' This story seems to be started well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
<<<<<<no lawsuit

I think it's ok if he's just ficking her.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Very good

I liked the prequel series a lot...and felt bad for Terry. Now, I feel even worse. Jamie isn't much of a support system for the poor girl, letting her go out and get drunk and get used like that with some regularity. Only so much you can do, I guess.

Well written effort.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Very good writing

an appetite whetter for what is to come, I hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I can never figure it out.

I can never figure out, what people are actually reading when they claim to read these stories. You have done an excellent job of starting this story out. The writing is excellent, the plot is good, and the characters are consistent. He is a problem solver and what more intriguing problem than a beautiful but sad women surround by rumors, who is very proficient in her work behavior.

Lots of inconsistencies for a problem solver to be attracted to and fascinated by.

Nicely done. Excellent

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 AFTER RE-READING AND COMMENTING ON THE 3 STORIES

mini-conclusion,,,,He is a nice guy....What happened to Karen and Jenny....and why reward a fool and his foolish gestures, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Excellent Initiation

Great to see one of our finest authors back posting! His work is always thought provoking. Terry seems to have dug herself an even deeper hole since the previous story where she allowed herself to be strongly influenced by her friend into one single act of adultery when she thought they were swapping. Now she seems to have become a complete submissive which is really tough to deal with.

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 11 years ago
glad you are back

good solid story....Terry has issues and the men co workers would be keil hauled if this story was true. I am not a lawyer but I handled lots of sex discr lawsuits as a VP in HR.

Her consent was not consent....Terry I hope you don't mind owning this company!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
That Woman Needs Mega-Help !

She's all but dead & barring massive professional intervention will remain so. No mere man can save her. This is well written but not to my personal taste. It irks me when a woman alternates the wanton slut and pitiful victim role.That being said, it does happen in real life and the author is doing a very good job ( God knows why ) of portraying this facet of existence.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 11 years ago
I Had Not until today

read the earlier "Fool's..." stories. I am so very glad that you have decided to continue with today's episode. You write extremely well, clearly, interestingly, and with a feeling for the emotions and for the people you describe. I can only hope that Terry will come out of this situation and her relationship with Michael in a manner that restores her to a modicum of happiness and sanity. I trust that whatever the outcome, you will deal with it honestly.

ArubanArubanover 11 years ago
S-Des is Back!

With no disrespect to Reinquist, DQS1, Starstang, and other terrific authors who currently rule the genre, many years ago now there was a Golden Age of Loving Wives stories led by Longhorn07, Ohio, K.K., and the author of this story: S-Des. Their works were a great influence on the couple of tales that I've posted.

"Fool's Envy" was, as I recall, S-Des's final LW story, and the wife (Terry) ended up much worse than in his previous LW tales. I suspect that was in part a reaction to criticism that he was too soft on cheaters, but I wouldn't call it an over-reaction. Moreover, it's clear from his acknowledgements to his editors and from the final product that when writing some of the sections from Terry's point of view, S-Des worked hard to offer a realistic (if not necessarily sympathetic) female perspective on temptation. That's something that was rare at the time and is still rare today, when the wives in these stories are usually stupid robots, evil robots, or stupid evil robots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good for You

So many writers never have the courage to return to one of their stories and explore what happened to the cheating wives. Courage? Yes, because not only must the new story make sense and be written well, but the character must be consistent with or greatly affected by the events of the prior stories. So the writer now must be true to several audiences. So, good for you as you have done that here. I look forward to your continuation.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
He is Back in the saddle !!

So glad to see your byline again...fine tale!

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Nice Followup

Good to see. Having read the first set, she was the cheater but ended up being the victim. Great branch off of the original plot line and so far well done.

Thx.

InescuInescuover 10 years ago
Doesn't make sense

Her progression between the stories doesn't make sense or seem consistent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I guess Terry's best friend Janie did not read Fool's Envy, nor did Terry tell her the truth. Her husband did not hurt her. She hurt him with her sex addiction to Ted's cock and her failure to communicate. I don't mind that her friend want s to protect her but the author should keep his facts straight. It was all her fault, not his. She did the hurting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Disappointed

I have graded most of the rest of your stories a solid 5. I had loved your character development and the people that loved each other. I also liked the way your protagonists handled their antagonists. But I gave this chapter a 1. I felt you took Terry way below erotica not into S & M but into obscenity. I know this is fiction but was all that really needed to show her hopefully recover in a future chapter? I hope you pull a rabbit out of a hat in the next chapter.

- A previously very impressed fan who was...Disappointed

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
Why?

I know she was crushed by the loss of Steve, but with a job and a future, why would she repeat what she knew was going to hurt her so badly?

Perhaps the fact that I honestly don't get it speaks volumes to my personal experiences... perhaps I should thank God I cannot understand.

I guess it seems hard to see how she will ever come back from this, I mean, sure she could dedicate herself to her work and have this 'not worthy' complex after Steve, but if she's just a repeating whore, what possibility is there that she'll ever change without some form of truly Spiritual level awakening?

That's not standard fare for erotica, so I'm left confused and a bit disappointed.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loving it

its called self-destructive behavior, people! S-Des even used that word towards the end. I don't understand the comments indicating confusion over her subjecting herself to a gang-bang. It makes perfect sense. Add to that the fact that her previous incident, the one that precipitated her divorce, was obviously not an anomaly. That kind of behavior rarely is. She had desires awakened in her. Mix those together with her self hatred, and you get this fucked up scene in the bar. Masterful! Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
One more thought...

I had avoided this tale because I didn't want to see Terry come out ahead. I gave in after re-reading the original a second time. That was so good I had to carry on with the story. I'm glad I did. This is not simply a tale of Terry bouncing back and finding a good life. She's putting herself through the ringer. She needs a little redemption. Miss your stories!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Well

That's not the type of woman you fall for,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fascinating

Congrats. Fascinating. Five out of five. Fool's Envy really needed a sequel and I am curious where this is going. My only concern is that a new boss would not ask an employee out for a date without HR having a heart attack. It is such a conflict. That seems unrealistic. But I am setting that aside because the story is so potentially interesting. Cheers Steve

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Punishment

She's obviously punishing herself for what happened with Steve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stop blaming Terry

She made her mistake and paid the consequences. Why do so many want to continue beating up on her? James and all the others who take advantage of her and disparage her are the real villains, because they lack empathy and compassion. No one is a better human being for laughing at and degrading another person. Terry is clearly suffering - and as she says, she does need help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Disappointed is an understatement

I enjoyed the original story a great deal. I had hoped Terry had learned something from her exceedingly selfish actions as I had assumed from the original. Alas, this seems to be wrong. In her current state I don't believe Terry deserves redemption - much less happiness. I believe in consequences. It seemed like she had realized this by the end of the original but, now, wow Michael is beyond a fool...

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
This makes sense

Terry seemed somewhat unhinged to do the stupid shit she did last story.

It makes sense that she is a deranged slut with mental/ emotional problems.

It really is too bad she didn't learn from her sluttish behavior earlier.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Off to a good start on the sequel

So far it seems rational. On to next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fuck this

I believe in second chances... if earned. Fuck Terry's scheming ass

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So far, the story continues

Once a slut, always a slut.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Good start

Excellent start to a story that happens all the time, just read the headlines.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
And this is the whore

That he wants to hitch his wagon to? He must be another cuck swinger, or he enjoys getting STD's and constantly doubting his woman's fidelity. She's a proven cheater, and now a proven whore.

Holier than thou forgiveness nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
W o w

What a wreck!

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Favor??

She is doing the world a favor be committing suicide!!!

payenbrantpayenbrantover 3 years ago
I remember her....

From the envy story.

This is the chick who was such a cheater she tried to trick her husband? Yes...Hopefully she can get some help but dang....she went pretty far downhill.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Oh no

Now i feel sorry for her...sad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Michael

Just another S__t master! Try again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

See Terry is such a slut! Steve was very lucky to get away from her!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Wow Michael, White Knight much?

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Sooooo why the fuck do we give a fuck what happens to Terry I Wanna Fuck Ted's Big Dick?

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Goddam I can’t stand these Captain Save A Ho.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good thing her Ex dumped her! His gut was right.

She's not evil, just sick; perhaps beyond recovery. Sad

inka2222inka222211 months ago

@anon - she is evil because she lied to her ex, and plotted behind his back to feed her sexual interest.

The fact that she's also sick doesn't make her less evil. If she harms herself it's one thing. When she deliberately makes choices that harm others, especially someone who loves her and she promised to love, it's evil.

I'm giving this pathetic chapter 1 star, because the supposed main character is a weak-willed pussy who is about as unlikely to have ever risen to be a manager as a rabbit. I hope this story gets slightly less nauseating in next chapter, but pretty sure it won't

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

“I'll tell you that she's one of my dearest friends. She was hurt badly by her husband, and never got over it;”

So, Terry is STILL lying to everyone! Her “dearest friend” thinks that Terry is an innocent victim. It’s insane! The very first thing that Terry needs to do if she ever wants forgiveness is to tell the truth!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A new manager smitten by a colleague and asks all and sundry about her so as to make it obvious to the entire company how interested he was in her. He is a middle level manager, a new guy, instead of looking to his job, spends his office time enquiring about an employee and goes after her. That's not done in normal companies. That's not professionalism, he will lose his dignity quickly, his colleagues will consider him a playboy, not take him seriously thereafter.

"Let's pretend for a moment that I don't mind you prying into my personal life ", he says to Missy. What personal life? After asking about Terry to the entire company, how can this remain personal?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous