All Comments on 'Fool's War'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
patientleepatientleeabout 9 years ago
One of your very best.

Sweet, sexy, fun, loving and hot. This story is you through and through. Your descriptions are so vivid, reading them is a bit like having sex. Excellent story.

bearsladybearsladyabout 9 years ago

What an amazing, fun, sexy way to start my day. I loved this story. It's laid back tone is offset by the almost languid, but intense, hot sex. Very, very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
SCA gatherings

A damn good way to get your wenching done :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

As a Scadian who attends Fool's War more years than not, I thoroughly enjoyed this...and am really wondering if you're someone I know, because this was either VERY well researched or written by someone from the Society. Nice work!

MSTarotMSTarotabout 9 years agoAuthor
Low bow with a doff of my hat.

Muirghein Sebastian Tarot, Member of both House NOVA, and Clan Confused.

And yes I've been to Fools War more than a few times. Even went swimming in that damn lake one year, at the event.

~Shrug~

When two women call out to you and say "Come join us milord, we'll keep you warm." It's damn hard to refuse.

And they did.

xelliebabexxelliebabexabout 9 years ago
Comfortably real...

I enjoyed this story. It was told in a slow comfortable way that made the reading of it's length seem to fly by a lot quicker than it should of. The sex was hot and simmered all the way through the non-sexual scenes with its constant undercurrents. It was full of warmth and love, love of friends and family as well as lovers and that was a truly wonderful element of this tale.

If I had a criticism it would be that perhaps this was too comfortable for me. I kept expecting some tension or a big climax (no pun intended) to happen, (in the war in the explosive sex or somewhere), but it didn't eventuate I believe because of the comfortable languid tones. Even the final night was approached with the ease of experience and mutual respect and desire, no tension, nothing to surprise or tip me over the edge as such.

It is perhaps odd that the ease and genuine "goodness" of the characters in the way they interact with each other is both the thing i love and perhaps the thing that I feel held this story back. The only tension I felt was with the quirky character David who was so frustratingly cute, I loved him as much as all of the other characters.

Good luck in the contest, I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I really enjoy stories where the characters respect each other and where the love is clear to see in the writing (a wee kink of mine). Lovely story.

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 9 years ago
Born 400 years too late and still ahead of your time.

This is your best story. I'm going to get that out of the way first. I like your other work. This is better.

Your soul is in this. Is it ever. There is so much love in the crafting of this. It permeates the work. Just affection and passion bright and burning, words whizzing and twirling about, like the flames of the poi dancer. This was a labor of love. Obviously.

It all came so easily to you here. Your writing is sharp. Your dialogue is wonderful. In turns witty and affable, then exotic and strange. I can't help but feel that it is here, in this place, in these words, that you are the "real" you. And you're beautiful, man.

I guess the biggest compliment I can give you on this, MST, is that there isn't a single other person on this site that could have written this half as well as you. It was in the sweet spot of knowledge, enthusiasm, and respect. It's a perfect storm of sentences. And you're the only one that can ride this lightning.

It's a journey I've never been on, to a land I don't know. Thank you for being my ferryman, you old pirate. This was touching. To read this story is to know you better than one did before entering it. It's impossible to separate you from this work. I'm never one to assume. But here, there is no assumption. It's heartblood you've spilled here.

I don't care what anyone ever tells you, that's the best ink in the world. Thanks for sharing it.

Biwife_hubbyBiwife_hubbyabout 9 years ago
One hot fucking story

Hot sex in a fun setting. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice job

The lack of technical aberrations in this story is almost as distracting as the abundance of same in some of your other submissions. It makes for a much more enjoyable read. My thanks to your proofreader.

TexasBikerTexasBikeralmost 9 years ago
Fool's War

Does Bucky get a ch. 2 ? or maybe 3

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Ahh, cunning linguistics belabored.

MST, every damn time I read one of your postings, I'm thinking now he's achieved perfection in writing a wonderful story. And then you go and post your next paean to prose.

I am practically chartreuse with envy of your creativity.

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Good times

As a former SCAdian from Hawaii (and other places before that) I have been to the practice in the park that you mentioned (Woohoo! Shout out for the Barony of Western Seas!), and I really enjoyed this. I fell out of the Society after I married a lady who couldn't find an interest in the SCA (and I couldn't fight anymore - a medical thing). Thank you, you have reminded me of some very good times when i was still active.

WinterDragonWinterDragonabout 5 years ago
Thank you

Firstly, I loved the story. Having been to War, I could see it all. And hear the drums. (I miss the drums at night)

Secondly, I *love* the Pastafarian Prayers. I laughed harder than I likely should have.... but it’s been a long while since I laughed that freely.

So, thank you, M’Lord.

Lady Winter

MwestohioMwestohio6 months ago

Just a great story of real people

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous