All Comments on 'For Friendship or Love?'

by fgmntfmgnshn

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
YDB95YDB95about 12 years ago
Hurrah for the underdog!

Great setup, great flow, interesting characters, and I especially loved the way his sister had Becky pegged as the right gal from square one. My only criticism is that the flow of the story could use a little work. The transition through college and beyond is rather abrupt, and in an otherwise-convincing story, I had a hard time believing Becky would have held a candle for Andy throughout those three and a half years. I couldn't help but think sooner or later she would either get over him or no longer be able to stand being just friends. For all that though, it was still a very enjoyable read. Well done!

WerewolfEnthusiastWerewolfEnthusiastabout 12 years ago
good

i really enjoyed it, im kinda hoping for a second chapter where they get married and have sarah and beckys old college roomate be bridesmaids an get married on a baseball field. but anyway good work hope to read more from you in the future.

JonTaylorJonTaylorabout 12 years ago
You Are a Welcome Addition to This Site

Good story well written. 5 stars.

gravyruggravyrugabout 12 years ago
Nice plot

The actual writing needs a bit of work, and some better editing. You switched tenses several times, had a couple of typos/wrong words, things like that. I wanted to like it more than I did. Keep writing, and you'll get there eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Andy

was a first class fool.

double_entendredouble_entendreabout 12 years ago
Another great story!!!

I really liked your story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

This is such a cute story! I love it!

MaldivesMaldivesabout 12 years ago
Rushed

It was far too rushed at the end. You started off really great and it was coming around really nicely but at the end it seemed like you were trying to finish an assignment as quickly as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good read, but...

Good read, but I agree that the ending seemed to rushed. Though, overall very good.

farthmaulfarthmaulabout 12 years ago

Overall, great story, but like others here, the ending was rushed. Maybe a sequel to tie up some loose ends?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Good story.I've had one night stands with many gals, never saw them again but i was never wrong about love. Even his kiddo sis knew from the start that becky was the right gal for andy. But, he fell in love with the other girl, not becky and just let becky slip away. Too many twists n turns.Fuck is great but if its love he should've claimed his girl becky. I won't let my pussy girl go only because i think im in love with someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

you could have spilt story in two chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Its well past midnight here and my cock needed a much deserved release.Though this story doesn't have much sex and deals more with emotions, but a very well written story.I agree to the author fully,deep love develops intuitive abilities in people.They can see, feel for each other whats right and whats wrong for their love.Andy had intuition whats right for becky but he walked away instead of telling becky.At times it can be really difficult to realize that one is in love, that too with a girl like becky. Andy already had a beautiful girl in his life and he found it very difficult to admit that he could love someone like becky.Can;t make out what went in his mind.But it does happen.Love catches in oddest of places.True love cares more about inner beauty than outer beauty. Here its more about what was left unexpressed. It led andy to make wrong choice and change everything.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 11 years ago

Glad those two finally got their acts together even though it seemed rushed in the end.

jedistarsjedistarsabout 10 years ago
Loved it!

Great job. I loved the story line but the ending was a little rushed. It would have been nice to have the story build up to a great sex scene.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Wasted life, wasted characters. what happened to his sister who was so prominent early on? you dont bother describing her first time? or how she was so desperate to hold on to his friendship she'd swallow his bullshit 2 week whirlwind romance when she got to college, but just let it die without a fight?

stories like this are common and they always just strike me as lazy melodrama. You have threads present to explore interesting issues. my advice would be to focus on those more than the cheap drama.

niestarniestarabout 9 years ago
good story

Was a lovely story but the ending was quick.maybe a sequel?????

skyink93skyink93over 8 years ago
Painfully...

Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

wonderful tale , superbly written. a worthy 5 stars.

...

expected more from the ending , her parents , his mom & sister included at the end would have nailed it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Better late than never

Surprising how uncommon this situation is

auhunter04auhunter04over 7 years ago

at least they got together

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Ending was rushed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Poor Bryan

"Sorry I missed your wedding"

Becky 'settled' for Bryan, and then immediately dropped everything when Andy finally came calling?

Horrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To anon 2/25/19

She didn't dump her Bryan when Andy came calling.

She dumped her cheating husband first before she ran into Andy at the game she was scouting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please, please, please

Use one tense throughout. Switching from past to present even in one paragraph is distracting.

And please get an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pacing

The pacing got a little janky halfway through, and while I liked the premise, the thought of mooning over one dude for ten years when he rubbed his relationship in your face is more depressing than romantic imo. Still a pretty fun story to read

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Two to three years to divorce...

tiercenpttiercenptabout 3 years ago

what about the sister? that would've been a nice little detail

ScoratScoratalmost 3 years ago

As a baseball fanatic, one little quibble. Math majors do not get hired as baseball scouts. Otherwise, great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

i dont like andy at all no he us irredemable to me

i really dont like people who are oblivious like andy

why did he chose melissa over becky?

why did he left her in the morning after their first n8?

she can do much better than that

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 2 years ago

10 years?

Ten years of mooning? That’s depressing. That’s a major chunk of life. Six months, a year, yes.

The story turned from the teenage romance to an adult slog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ridiculous! 10 years, marriage, and still pining for the "fjords"? Get over it! If they were truly in love they'd have the gonads enough to say it. Andy wasn't worth it, he barely defended her against Carrie when he was dating her. Only after they broke up did he do something. 3*

MutationsMutationsover 2 years ago

Cardboard characters. Otherwise, it had a good premises going for itself.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think he wasn't worth any of it. He made his choices early on even though he knew her feelings. Not worthy and better just be on your own than be with someone who doesn't respect your feelings.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous