For Silence's Sake Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cal closed on her and she shrank away. He cornered her, took her shoulders though she began to shake. "Stephanie. Mate. It's me."

She closed her eyes. He gathered her close and kissed her. [Little one, come back to me.]

She was tense in his arms, then suddenly jerked. Her eyes flew open and she pushed at him, looking around, wild-eyed.

"What are we doing here?"

He put a hand to her face. "Little one. You are aware you sleepwalk?"

"What? Never."

"Yes, mate, you do."

"A lot?" He shook his head. "How often?"

"This is only the second time since I've known you."

"No one at Wyeth ever said anything."

"I don't think you ever did so there. Sh, now. Come to bed and I will tell you."

"Why now?"

"Bed, mate, and we'll talk."

Her feet were cold against his calves as she lay nestled against him. "The first time I saw it happen was after you maimed Cody. You sister was able to call you off the roof."

"Roof?"

"Hush. Listen. You were sitting on the edge, swinging your legs. You spoke to me, answered my questions, but you really didn't acknowledge me. You seemed a young female. Saying it was quiet there and no one bothered you. You wondered if the young males liked you. I couldn't call you, couldn't reach you. Your sister was able to bring you in. You wouldn't come in with me so your sister held you until you slept."

"So, then, tonight?"

"I believe it happens when you're very distressed."

"I am not .. distressed."

"Then what were we arguing about earlier?"

"How could you do that to me?"

Calvin kissed the back of her head. "Stephanie. Lavinia. Mate. I'm sorry I can't give you a long, happy mated life." She started to twist in his arms. "But I know you will be a good Alpha to our pack."

"No." she said in a small voice.

"You will, doubtless, be much better than my son was. For all you've been through, you have the strength and courage and sense of fairness to lead a pack. Everything else can be learned." He heard her swallow, knew she was thinking. "There is no one else, save Sampson, I would trust the pack to when I am gone." He rubbed her arm. "Rest now."

-

Emmanuel had learned how to manage doorknobs. Lyssa had listened to the rattle of the knob and cracked an eye to watch her little boy slip out.

Emmett was still sleeping soundly when she slid her hand across his chest and down his body. At her touch a part of him began to stir. Then she, herself, slid downward in the bed, under the covers, until her nose was even with his hardening member.

Lyssa felt him wake and a sleepy, "Emmanuel, I told you not to creep around under the covers," came from his lips.

Emmett suddenly stopped and went still. A wet tongue caressed his cock and he quickly stiffened. Without opening his eyes he reached below his waist and his fingers found his mate's tresses.

He took a sudden breath as she engulfed him with her mouth. He felt the smile as the shape of her mouth changed around his length. [Should I stop creeping around under the covers?] She sucked in a breath, cooling the saliva that covered his cock. His breath hitched again as the warmth of her mouth once again surrounded him. And he began to pant.

[You... are not ... named ... Emmanuel.]

"Mmmm." [Definitely not.] The vibration from that sound drew a moan from him and his fingers clutched her hair.

Lyssa moved up and down, caressing her mate's length with her warm, wet tongue, sucking and humming. It wasn't long before he could no longer bear it and, with a roar and a clenching of his fingers, he exploded into her throat.

She swallowed, reflexively, taking all that he gave her.

Once the spitting of his cock stopped, she gave it one last loving lick and moved back up in the bed.

Emmett wrapped his arms around her and pulled her atop him. He kissed her. [Mm, good morning to you, mate.]

Lyssa lay there, listening to his heartbeat, until he dropped back into sleep and she fell into a doze.

-

Meanwhile, Sampson woke, feeling warm and uncomfortable.

There was an arm thrown across his chest, a leg over one of his, and a head resting on his shoulder. He hadn't slept with others since he was a pup. Maybe it would be more comfortable if he were furred.

He sighed.

Phil's eyelids fluttered and he picked his head up. "Mm. Morning, Beta." He kissed Sampson's cheek. "How did you sleep?"

He hand began to move, caressing Sampson's chest.

Sampson grabbed that hand, to stop him.

"What's wrong?"

"We can't .. shouldn't."

Phil got up on his elbow and looked down into those eyes. Eyes that held a hint of fear. "We can. The vote last night said we can."

"Some may not..."

Phil blew out an exasperated breath and pulled Sampson's hand to his mouth and kissed it. "They'll learn. They know I came back with you." He sucked a finger into his mouth. [Do you want me?]

Sampson was suddenly at attention. Two parts of him.

[We don't need to hide. Don't need to deny ourselves anymore.] Phil switched to another finger, sucking gently on it.

Sampson had never imagined that such a simple act would get him so hard. His chest started to heave. Phil released his finger. "I want to taste you, Beta."

Sampson swallowed, looking into sky blue eyes. He made no noise of agreement or dissent.

Phil smiled though it didn't quite reach his eyes. He wasn't getting the reaction he expected, that he wanted.

He pressed his nose to Sampson's neck and inhaled. He twitched and knew Sampson felt the movement at his hip. He pressed on, putting his lips to Sampson's shoulder, followed across his collarbone, kissed down his midline. He strayed to the right to lave a nipple. An exhale hardened it and Phil nipped at it.

Sampson gasped and Phil felt the tightening of the bedsheets as Sampson's hands clenched on them.

The sensations were overwhelming him.

Soft lips pressing against his flesh. A tongue on his nipple. The light bite that sent shockwaves through his body. His member hardened and jerked. His body tensed.

The bedcovers were peeled down, baring his body to the cool air.

That tongue traced a wet line down his body, punctuated by occasional kisses. He watched blond curls descend his body and, though he knew Phil's eyes were rolled up, watching him, the darkness of the season swamped the details of his face. The bed moved as Phil shifted down it and a hand ran down his side. He shivered.

Was it minutes? Hours? How long since Phil began the descent of his body?

Finally, finally, he felt warm breath on his engorged cock.

Oh, Luna, he ached.

Large hands gripped his hips and his next-realized sensation was a tongue sweeping up his length. A groan left his lips.

Once more and he flexed his hips.

And then, then, something he'd never felt before. His head arched backward as a warm, wet mouth engulfed him.

[Mm, Beta, you taste yummy.]

He had no response to that as he realized it wouldn't take much before he erupted.

A hum of contentment and appreciation undid him as semen burst forth from his balls. Phil swallowed convulsively and Sampson couldn't help but groan at the feeling.

He was sucking in air as if he'd been fighting a particularly difficult opponent. But his body felt light, though with a growing heaviness.

He rolled his head to the side, looking at Phil, who smiled up at him.

He smiled back, then yawned hugely.

As Phil crept back up the bed, he gathered him in and Phil happily nestled against his shoulder.

-

It was April and the weather was warming. The foliage was greening. Wild babies were about.

Natalie had had her pup and Madeline's mother had given her a baby brother.

While debated heavily, the resolution on female Alphas had also passed.

It was a cool afternoon when Thomas went to visit Lorelei.

As she heard the car pull up, she decided to take some X. It had been a while since she'd done it and, since Thomas refused to use it, she'd take it before he came in.

Lorelei opened the door as he approached and he strode in, grabbing her. He pulled her head back by her hair and kissed her. Deeply.

Startled, he pulled away, grimacing as if he'd tasted something foul. "What did you eat, Lor?"

"Uh, T, I had some X around and thought I'd have some tonight."

He grabbed her by the upper arms. "What? Why do you think you need that?"

"It's just, it's been a while. Hey, you couldn't have got much, you should be fine. I don't think you'll feel anything."

Thomas was breathing deeply. Upset. Concerned. The Beta female had strongly cautioned him against taking it. He'd even consulted with the Foster's healer.

He mentally examined his own body. Nothing felt particularly off.

Lorelei took his silence and stillness as reason to touch him. She moved behind him, wrapped her arms around him, pressed herself against his back.

He relaxed a fraction.

Lorelei rubbed up against him and slid a hand under his t-shirt. Her other hand dropped and was cupping the bulge in his pants. "What do you want to do?"

Thomas swallowed, taking another deep breath. With his higher metabolism, a small amount of the chemical had made it to his brain and the activity of some cells there increased.

He stepped forward, away from Lorelei, twitchy, unsettled.

He ripped off his t-shirt and put his hands to his head.

"T? You alright?"

He turned, horror on his face, looking for somewhere to go.

"Thomas? Hey, it's OK."

His face extended, fur erupted on his body, and he burst the seams on his pants.

Lorelei fell on her ass, mouth open.

-

Meanwhile, Nathan watched the silver Buick make a touch-and-go right hand turn.

He turned the lights on on his bike and went after them. It took longer than he expected for them to pull over.

Parking the bike, he got off and removed his helmet.

Dark tinting of the windows kept him from being sure of the number in the car. He radioed his location and the make, model, and plate of the car before he approached the driver's door.

The window was already down and he examined the driver as he got closer.

White, short, brown hair, tattoo of a flaming skull on the side of his neck. His body cam was recording his view.

He was upwind and only picked up the acrid, smoky scent as he closed on the car.

Meth.

He heard the whine of an electric motor as the rear window scrolled down.

His brain screamed an alert as a seemingly huge black gun was brought to bear.

The first bullet caught him in the shoulder as he leapt back. Another entered his side and the third went through his arm.

As the tires squealed, Nathan roared. His fingers grew in length and his uniform shirt split. He reached out, claws raking down the back quarter panel of the car.

Screams were heard from another car, which took off as he turned. A small face looked both fascinated and terrified as the car pulled away.

-

Lyssa had taken Emmanuel to a small playground. He loved the big slide.

Up and down, giggling, for an hour.

It was getting time to head for home so she called a halt. Lyssa took his hand, crouched, and reminded him to stay in human form until the car started moving.

They headed for the parking lot, Emmanuel holding her hand and wondering why they couldn't bring Emmaline.

As they approached the car, which was parked alongside the road, brakes squealed.

Lyssa grabbed up her son as the door opened and a man stepped out.

"Lyssa!"

She was facing him, holding Little Em, and fumbled the keys.

"Lyssa, damn it. It is you!"

As she came up with the keys he grabbed her arm.

"Everyone thinks you're dead! Do you know what you did to me, you fucking cunt?"

She spoke levelly, coolly. "Let me go, Ronnie."

Ronnie. The boyfriend she had kicked out of her house. Who Emmett had met as wolf.

Ronnie, who had come after her, to hurt her for breaking up with him.

Ronnie, who had burned her house down. He'd been released from prison while she was carrying Little Em.

"No way. We're going to the cops. They think I fuckin' offed you."

Emmanuel growled at him and his attention shifted.

"Who'd you hook up with, slut? Who knocked you up?"

She tried to turn, to open the door. "Lemme go."

He wrenched her back around, jostling Emmanuel, whose growl grew louder.

The slap rocked her back on her heels.

Emmanuel snarled.

"Your kid's mental. Serves you right. C'mon."

Another wrench, pulling her toward his car.

Lyssa noticed the beginning of her son's change. [Emmanuel, no!]

Emmanuel sank his fangs into the arm of the male who'd hurt his mother.

The wolf was out of the bag.