For The Life of You Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, ma'am," Justin teased as she started her car. He quickly shut her door before she could say anything, but he caught the meaning of the look she gave him as she backed out of her parking space and took off to get her husband.

Justin got into the Land Rover and sat for a moment while it warmed up for his drive home. While life for him hadn't been hard, it certainly hadn't been easy for him either. Complicated might have been a better word to describe his life. Starting with his parents.

He shook his head and tried not to let his thoughts take him back to the death of his parents. How Rick became his brother and then years later married Mel. If he did, then he wouldn't make it to The Pub on time, and Mel would kill him for being late.

He glanced at his watch. It was just shortly after seven. He put the Land Rover in reverse and backed out of his parking space. If he hurried, he'd have just enough time to take a quick shower, throw on some decent, Mel approved clothes, and get to The Pub with a few minutes to spare.

JUSTIN LET HIS EYES wonder around the smoked filled pub and was glad that he'd switched out his contacts for his glasses. This was one of the few eating establishments left in the city that still allowed smoking inside. He shook his head and wondered how he'd let Mel talk him into coming down to this place. Scratch that, there was no talking him into anything when it came to Mel getting what she wanted.

He really didn't want to be there. It was crowded and noisy and he was getting irritated. This had to be the fourth time he was pressed into the bar as someone squeezed by him. All he wanted was a drink, but the bartender was busy pulling a Tom Cruise at the other end of the bar. He had glasses stacked up in the shape of a pyramid and was pouring a peach colored concoction from a shaker into them. A loud cheer rose up.

"Happy Valentine's!"

He was just about to give up when the tall, dark haired young man meandered his way down to him. There was a slight detectable sway to the bartenders hips as he stopped in front of Justin, placed his hands on the bar, looked him dead in the eye. "What can I get for you?" Justin backed up a bit, slightly unnerved by the bartender's self assuredness. He asked for a whiskey sour.

The bartender looked him up and down for a second before giving him a slow smile and nodded his head. Justin's eyebrows drew together. Had he just been manscaped? He shook his head and watched as the bartender skillfully made his drink, took two more drink orders, and joked with someone who seemed to be a regular there.

As he slid Justin's drink in front of him, the bartender looked toward the door. "Hey Blu!" Justin turned his head to see whom he was calling out to. There was a woman standing just inside the door peering around a huge bouquet of roses. The first thing he noticed about her was, that unlike the rest of the women in the pub on this particular night, she wasn't clothed in some shade of red or pink. She was wearing a short black leather coat, and under it, a silver silk blouse that crisscrossed in the front and tied off at the side of her curved waist.

Justin leaned back further so he could take in the whole picture of her. He could see that she was small, but not tiny. She maybe stood about five feet five inches. He let his eyes wonder. She wore a black skirt that clung to the curve of her hips and flowed gracefully down a pair of thick thighs and stopped just mid knee. He noticed that her milk chocolate brown legs were bare. Hm, no nylons. He liked that. He continued on down her legs to her feet and saw again, that unlike the rest of the women on this cold night, she dared to wear a pair of opened toed high heels that showed off her toes. He chuckled to himself and gave her a silent thumbs up on her protest against Valentine's Day.

He could see her oval shaped eyes searching the crowd of people milling around. He realized that she was looking for someone specific. Probably her date. Justin was surprised to feel a little disappointed that she was looking for her man. He frowned to himself and picked up his drink.

"They're in back by the dart boards." The bartender yelled out.

For a split second, Justin forgot to breathe and almost dropped his drink. He placed the glass on the bar when he saw her smile. Sure, most women are beautiful when they smile, but with her, her whole face just, lit up. And the light seemed to spread through out her body, emitting this sizzling hum that made her glow. "Thanks, Nick!" She called back. In what seemed like slow motion, he watched as she raised her fingers and pressed them against her full lips and blow the bartender a kiss.

He stared even more as she made her way through the crowd with the ease of a dancer. She got stuck in front of group of hearty partiers that blocked her way. She didn't say a word, she just shifted the vase filled flowers to her hip and lightly placed her finger tips on a man's shoulder. The man jolted as if she'd shocked him. He blushed, muttered an apology and clumsily moved to make room for her. She smiled a quiet 'thank you' as she slipped by.

She was just passing Justin when a waitress came through, struggling with a tray of food. The woman stepped to the left and into the tight space right next to him, and even though she hadn't touched him, Justin felt like he'd been zapped by an electrical current. He felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up and as the sensation zipped down his spine to bottom out in the base of his balls, he was immediately aroused. He felt his cock start to stiffen and press against the zipper of his dress slacks. He was surprised. Never had he'd had such an intense reaction to a woman before, not even to Mel.

He tried to remember when the last time he'd gotten laid. It couldn't have been more than a year, could it? No, the last time he'd had sex, it was with that investor's daughter. That spicy little Latina, what was her name? Marlena. Yeah, he'd met her at a dinner party, they'd been joking around, had a drink, or two.

Next thing he knew it was morning. He woke up in bed with her, nude. The sheets were tangled around their legs and her equally naked body sprawled over his. Her head cozy on his chest, tangled dark hair covering her face, happily snoring. It was a very awkward moment when she woke up. Neither were drunk when they walked through the door to the hotel room. So they couldn't blame in on alcohol.

She was engaged, and the wedding was a week away. She cried that this was the first time she'd ever done anything like that, and Justin believed her. They both agreed, that even though the sex was hot, and they'd never forget it, never should the two meet, ever again.

Justin lied to her father and said he'd found another investor. That was the last he'd seen of Marlena, and that was...Shit! It really had been over a year since he'd gotten laid. The restaurant kept him so busy that he only had time for a few stroke off sessions in the shower, or in bed when he was too boned up to sleep. That was it. He nodded his head to himself. He was sexually frustrated. That had to be the reason why he was reacting so strongly to that woman.

The waitress passed and the woman moved on toward the back of the pub. Leaving traces of her scent behind, making his head spin a little. He tilted his head, drew in a breath, letting her fragrance fill his nostrils. It wasn't a flowery perfume. Nor was it heavy that he could taste it on the back of his tongue. It was light and sweet and only could be detected up close. Was that cinnamon? No, he knew his spices, that was cloves. She smelled like panned warmed cloves.

He turned to track her moves through the crowd. He really couldn't help but stare. Dear god! His mouth dropped open when he caught a look at her backside. She had, what Mel called, a ba-dunka dunk booty. It was high, firm and oh, so luscious. The skirt she was wearing clung in such a way that he could see a subtle indentation separating one buttock from the other.

The sight of that slight crease should have been tasteless and tacky, obscene even. But with her, it was hot. He could have happily run his hands over each cheek and never gotten tired of it. He watched the way her hips swayed as she weaved around a few more people. He wondered for a moment what her hips would feel like between his hands. Whoa, where the hell did that come from?

There was something about her confident stride that turned him on. He just couldn't stop watching her. She was talking to a small blonde haired woman and shoving the flowers at her. He couldn't hear what they were saying to each other, but the woman's face was so animated. It fascinated him when he saw her frown and began digging around in her bag, searching for something on the bottom, and then pull out a pack of cigarettes. She was a smoker. That kind of surprised him. She didn't strike him as a smoker.

 

BLU STRUGGLED THROUGH the front door of the pub trying hard not to drop the flowers she was carrying. She shouldn't have been surprised, but still, she hadn't expected the place to be so packed. All the tables were full and it was pretty much standing room only. Her niece had called to cuss her out for being late and then complained that they couldn't find a seat. Well it was Valentine's Day after all, and The Pub had one of the best kitchens in the city. Good luck in trying to get a table with no reservation.

She scanned the crowd in hopes of finding the familiar face of her niece. "Hey Blu!" She shifted the vase of flowers to look around to see who called her name. It was Nick one of her favorite bartenders. "They're in the back by the dart boards!" He shouted over the heads of people standing at the bar and pointed towards the back with one hand while he made a mixed drink with the other.

"Thanks, Nick!" She hollered back and blew him a quick kiss as she worked her way through the crowd. The flowers were getting heavy and made for an awkward burden. She had made it half way, only to be blocked by a group of people, who looked like they weren't going to move any time soon. She moved the vase of flowers to her hip. She reached out with her left hand to tap one of the men in the group on the shoulder and said, "excuse me."

The air inside the pub was hot and dry, which caused static electricity to shoot out from her fingertips and zap the poor guy on the shoulder. Startled, both stared at each other in surprise from the shock. The man got lost in Blu's wide eyes. They were a tawny gold color which made a striking contrast against the chocolate brown tone of her skin. He was almost mesmerized and it took him a second to realize that he was in her way. He blushed and muttered a quick apology before moving aside. She smiled a 'thank you' and moved on.

A waitress with a big tray of food was coming toward her and forced Blu to squeeze into a tight space between two men at the bar. She snapped her head back and her breath hissed through her clenched teeth as the flowers smacked her in her face. Her full lips thinned, she closed her eyes and counted to ten as she tried to get her temper under control.

She'd promised Layla, awhile back, that she would try to keep her swearing to a minimum. But the flowers, the crowded pub, and the significance of this night was not helping her keep her promise. She bit down hard on her bottom lip to stop the flow of cuss words that were about to burst from her mouth. I can't wait to get rid of these fucking flowers! The waitress had made it to her destination and Blu headed to the back to find Krista.

She found her niece and friend standing at the far end of the pub looking very irritated.

"Ok, so, we were debating as to whether or not we should stay here, or go some place else." Krista raised her voice to be heard over the noise of the crowd and the music. Blu shot her a look.

"First of all, it's Valentine's, anywhere you go it's going to be packed. Second of all, I said that I was only coming down to The Pub, and nowhere else. I'm trimmed, I'm dressed, I'm here, so I'm staying. What you two do, is totally up to you."

Sometimes Blu felt that if she didn't put her foot down, her niece would walk all over her. Not that she didn't love Krista to death, but she truly was spoiled, and every great once in a while she needed to be put in her place. Tonight was one of those times.

She felt an arm wrap around her neck, and a body press up against her from behind in a hug. "Hey, Blu." She turned her head to see who was hugging her.

"Hey, Miss Kitty Kat."

"Happy Valentine's, Blu." Kat said sweetly.

"Bah-humbug, Kat." She replied just as sweetly, with a tight smile plastered on her face.

"Well, maybe this will make your night sweeter." Kat said just as smoothly and held up a rock glass filled with an amber colored liquid. "An Amaretto sour with a shot of vodka and mega cherries."

Blu's face lit up with a smile. "This is why I love you so much, Kat." She sniffed and wipe a fake tear from the corner of her eye. "You always take such good care of me." She said as she shifted her floral burden. She'd been trying to figure out a way to dump the damn things and saw her perfect out. "Here," she said as she shoved the offensive arrangement at Kat and took the drink. "Trade you."

"Oh, Blu," she breathed. "What beautiful roses."

Blu just snorted. "If you say so," was her quip remark.

Kat gave her a questioning look. "You don't want them?"

Blu shook her head. "Nope."

Kat raised an eyebrow, she was now curious at Blu's reaction to the flowers. "Did a man give them to you?"

Blu looked away trying to avoid having to answer, but Krista and Enira were both looking at her wide eyed. She scrunched her lips. "Something like that." She finally muttered.

"Oh, so there is a man in your life, and he sent you roses to show his love for you." Kat sang.

Blu looked at Kat like she had just spit in her drink. "There is no man." She snapped. Damn it, she knew it was mistake bringing the stupid ass flowers down there, but she didn't want the things in her house either. She should have just gone with her first instinct and thrown them out. But she hadn't, and now she was getting grilled about the fucking things. Her temper was starting climb.

Krista, who was enjoying seeing Blu uncomfortable, finally piped up. "Blu doesn't like flowers."

Enira looked at Blu like she'd grown two heads. "Why? I would absolutely love it if my husband sent me flowers as beautiful as these," she gushed and softly touched one of the rose petals.

Now to give credit where credit was due, Enira was a sweet girl. But in Blu's opinion she was a cockeyed optimist and way too innocent for words. Plus, she never seemed to know when to shut up. Blu never did understand how she and Krista got to be such good friends, not that it really mattered. Enira prattled on about how unromantic her husband was and that Blu should be thanking her lucky stars that she had a man who was all about the romance, and had such expensive taste in gifts.

She should what? Thank her lucky stars? Who the fuck was this little girl to be telling her what she should be thanking? Blu's blood was boiling and the palm of her hand itched to slap some sense into the girl. She just had no patience for simple people, and Enira was simple at best. She contemplated for a moment on actually slapping Enria. Not on her face, but on the back of her head, just on principle alone. It wouldn't have cured the girl of her stupidity, but it sure would have made Blu feel better.

Krista saw the dangerous look on Blu's face. She saw Blu's eyes narrow in thought. Krista smoothly stepped in front of Enira to save her friend's life.

"See Enira," she said in a way of explanation. "To Blu, sending flowers says, and I quote: I am going to posses you until you whither away and die. End quote." Krista looked at Blu with a small impish grin. She just loved putting Blu on the spot. It was very rare that she could, so she was taking full advantage. "Did I get it right?"

Blu's temper went up another notch but she covered it well by putting her drink down on the bar and started digging through her bag looking for her cigarettes and lighter.

Enira let out a small gasp, "Blu, that's just horrible."

Blu put up a hand to stop the madness. "Look," she said as she lit up. "Can we not go there and just say we did?"

Enira was about to argue, but Blu cut her off with a wave of her hand. "My reasoning's behind not liking flowers are just that, my reasoning's. Can we get off the subject now?" She blew out the smoke in a huff.

"But-" Krista elbowed Enira to stop her. They'd succeeded in getting Blu out of the house, on this of all nights. If they kept messing with her, the end result would be Blu showing them her backside as she turned on her heel and walked out, and Krista didn't want that.

JUSTIN PUSHED HIS glasses up the bridge of his nose, and stared at her mouth as her lips wrapped around the end of the cigarette. Her jaw worked to pull in the smoke before she tilted her head up and released the white cloud in a stream through her parted lips. He blinked. He never thought smoking was sexy, but damn, she made it sexy.

He leaned over the bar as he felt himself get even more hard. His cheeks grew warm and he glanced around nervously, praying that no one would notice. His hand blindly reached for the rock glass in front of him. He took a huge gulp from his drink and immediately began to choke as the alcohol burned a path down his throat to simmer in his stomach.

Justin eyed the drink and noticed that there was more whiskey in his glass than there was sour mix and looked over at the bartender through watery eyes. The bartender, she had called him Nick, was watching Justin closely. Shit! Had he seen Justin's reaction to the woman he'd called Blu? Justin hoped not. He felt a prickling heat rise in his cheeks as he flushed with embarrassment.

Nick was leaning casually against the back counter, arms and legs crossed, he had a knowing smirk on his lips that spread into a small devilish grin. He glanced at the drink in Justin's hand and cocked an eyebrow as if to say, 'careful son, that first sip's a doozzie.' He looked at Justin like he was a tasty little morsel. And Justin could have sworn Nick had licked his lips before he pushed his six foot two lanky frame away from the back counter.

"How's that working for you?" He had a shit eating grin on his face while he placed his hands on the bar and leaned forward.

Again, Justin backed up a bit. Oh yeah, the bartender was definitely hitting on him. With Justin's classical Asian looks, getting hit on constantly was a cross he had to bear. Rick never failed to tease him about his 'pretty boy' looks. Especially with his long black hair.

Justin didn't care that Nick was gay, he'd been hit on by guys before. He actually took it as a compliment, even though men weren't his preference. It was something he was used to and it didn't bother him in the least. It was the fact that Nick had pushed into his personal space that made Justin uncomfortable. The whiskey still burned his throat and he didn't trust himself to speak, so he just raised his glass in a silent salute and merely nodded his head.

"Hey Nick! I need three TRA's, two 'Bookas, and a Waterfall!"

With a small disappointing sigh, Nick sauntered away from Justin to make the drinks the other bartender yelled to him. With an impressive smoothness, he mixed the drinks, one after the other and passed them down the bar. Then he stacked six rock glasses filled with colorful alcohol and poured them out into six shot glasses, all at once without spilling a drop.