For The Life of You Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

 

"Get up, get up, get up, get up. Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up. Oh, baby now let's get down tonight."

Marvin Gaye's crooning voice came floating over the speakers and like a light switch, everyone's mood in the pub seemed to change. Even though the sexual tension was still running on high, that particular song seemed to have uncoiled a tightly wound spring and spread it out.

"Oh, I love this song." Krista said as she began swaying to the music. Although Blu was rocking right along with her, she shot her niece a look. "Please, what do you know about some Marvin Gaye?"

"Just because I'm way younger than you doesn't mean I don't know my music." Krista teased while she nodded her head to the beat. "Remember what business I'm in."

"Was that an age joke? Because if that was an age joke, I've got something for you. You want to play?"

Krista quickly raised her hands and shook her head. "No Blu, I'll be good." She definitely didn't want to play.

"I didn't think so." Blu smirked. She smacked James' hand that was reaching over to snag the last piece meat off her plate. His eyes widened, then narrowed and took on a devilish glint as he slowly reached for the plate again. She snatched up a fork and pressed the pointed prongs into the back of his hand. James grunted in pain.

"Don't fuck with my food," her lips curled in a sultry smile. "You can have the rest of the rice, but the meat is mine." She said as she plucked up the last piece and popped it in her mouth.

James slouched back in his chair and scowled at Blu while he rubbed the tender spot on the back of his hand. It was interesting seeing a grown man sulk. Blu rolled her eyes and made a ridiculous face at him, pursing her lips as she triumphantly munched away. Then she had the audacity to stick out her tongue.

"When are you going to act your age?" James groused.

She put her fingers up to cover her mouth and laughed. "Mm, somewhere between now and never." She laughed some more and wiggled in her seat when James rolled his eyes. She was about to add that when she was ninety and had one toe in the grave she still wouldn't act her age, but she noticed that James was staring over her shoulder at someone. He had a look on his face that said: this could be interesting.

When ever James got that look, Blu's warning system went on high alert. She tilted her head and gave James a questioning look when he glanced back at her. A slow knowing smile curled in the corner of his mouth, he crossed his arms, quirked in eyebrow, and jerked his chin in the direction behind her.

Blu cautiously turned her head to look over her shoulder and she almost choked on the small amount of chicken she had left in her mouth. In all her years of working in theatre, Blu had seen thousands of jaw dropping gorgeous men and they'd never fazed her. But the man standing behind her left her completely speechless. The only way to describe him was, beautiful.

His hair was parted down the middle and just brushed the tops of his shoulders. It was so black that it almost looked blue and framed his face. Perfectly arched dark eyebrows. Long thick lashes surrounded his almond shaped eyes, which were magnified by his rectangular contoured glasses, and were and as black as his hair. His skin looked like the color of bottled honey that was warmed by the sun. High subtle cheek bones, and a strong jaw. And his lips, oh dear god, his lips looked so soft. The bottom, full, and the upper was almost as full, but had a slight dip in the middle, giving it a cupid bow look. Oh, she could have fun with that.

He wore a light blue fitted button down dress shirt with a darker blue shirt underneath, tucked into a pair of tailored charcoal grey dress slacks that accentuated his slim hips. Blu tried to avoid looking at his crotch, but the tell tale bulge caught her eye. Oh my, he definitely was carrying something there. She unconsciously ran the tip of her tongue across the edges of her upper teeth.

Her eyes flew back to his face. She prayed that he hadn't seen her staring at his package. She was mortified that her skin was tingling and she felt heat in her cheeks. Fuck me, I'm actually blushing! He had his hand out, palm up, and he was saying something to her, but for the life of her, she couldn't understand the words coming out of his mouth.

It was James' bark of laughter that brought her back into the realm of reality. She swallow the chicken that had turned into a small pebble in her mouth.

"What?" She'd questioned rudely, having apparently lost the fine art of speaking eloquently.

The man cleared his throat and repeated his question. "Would you care to dance?" His voice was a deep warm baritone and Blu let out a small gasp as it resonated in her chest. He looked over at James. "If you don't mind?"

The question sent James into another laughing fit. Blu went to kick him under the table, but he anticipated it and moved his legs. She ended up kicking his chair instead. Blu had to bite her lip to keep from swearing up a storm as the pain shot up her foot.

James was just about to ask her if she was alright, but changed his mind when saw her face smooth over in a perfect serene mask. Oh, he knew that look. It was the look she got when a man was about to go down in a blaze of glory. He almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost, but not quite. He smiled and kept his mouth shut.

"I'm sorry, but there's no dance floor here." Blu gave him her best 'thanks, but no thanks', smile. "This is a pub, not a club," and dismissed him with a look before turning away. She would have pulled it off too, if Krista hadn't piped up from the peanut gallery.

"That's never stopped you before."

Seriously?! Blu shot her niece an incredulous look and her temper started to rise. Krista conjured up the most innocent of smiles and shrugged her shoulders, she had jumped on the band wagon and was hanging on for the ride. Enira, for once, kept her mouth shut.

James tired to cover his laugh with a fake cough, but failed. While it wasn't what he expected, the turn of events definitely had it's merits in the entertainment department, and he was curious to see how it was going to play out. He saw the slight twitch of Blu's nostrils and knew her temper was riding a fine edge.

"By all means, man, take her out for a spin." He could have sworn he saw fireworks shoot out of Blu's ears when he said that. It took everything he had to hold back the laughter that threatened to choke him. He knew that he was going to pay for it later, but it was worth it.

Blu's mind worked like crazy to figure a way out of the position she was in. She had two choices One: tell the guy to fuck off and get lost. Two: pony up and dance with him. She shot Krista and James an evil glare. If looks could kill, they would have been reduced to crimson stains on the floor. James, Krista, and Enira held their collective breaths as they waited for Blu to make up her mind.

She took a deep breath and slowly placed her hand in the man's up turned palm. Through out the entire fiasco his hand had never wavered. He lightly grasped her elbow with his free hand and helped Blu from her chair. As she rose from her seat, Blu leaned over and whispered to James, "when you go to bed at night, don't close your eyes," and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

Blu resigned herself to the fact that she was going to dance with this man, as they walked toward to dart board area. No one was playing and it was the only space available to dance. She looked at him and guessed him to be about twenty-five years old. Maybe twenty-eight, but no older than that.

His idea of dancing is probably rocking back and forth, while grabbing my ass and grinding his dick on my thigh. Blu mentally rolled her eyes. She prayed that he wouldn't step on her feet and ruin her freshly buttered toes. Okay, puppy, show me what you got. Impress me.

And impress her he did. He turned so that he was walking backwards, facing her before stopping a few feet away from the dart boards. Blu stood there, not quite sure what he was up to, so she waited as she watched him close his eyes and raise his head. It looked as if he was trying to feel the music and catch the rhythm of the beat.

He opened his eyes and stared down into hers as he raised their still clasped hands, looped his arm in a graceful arch over her head to spin her around before sharply pulling her to him, bringing her hips just a hair's breadth away from his. Not quite touching, but the heat that radiated between that fraction of space was so intense that Blu felt it curl in the pit of her stomach and then spread out.

Her nipples tingled as they drew tight into hard nubs and pushed against the cups of her bra. She thanked the maker that she'd worn one tonight. Otherwise she would have been thoroughly shame faced. Fuck me! They hadn't even started dancing yet, and here she was acting like a bitch in heat.

His right hand caught her hip then slid up her waist to the underside of her arm. The backside of his fingers brushed along her sleeve, and shivers ran down her spine as he raised her arm and securely placed her right hand on his shoulder before gripping her waist with the same hand. He had them locked in a perfect dance frame.

With his hand firm against her hip, he took a smooth step backward and the pressure of his hand commanded that she follow. To say that Blu was surprised, was the understatement of the year. She was so thrown off her guard that she stumbled forward and collided into him, breaking their frame. And much to her embarrassment, she felt her face turn red. Shit fuck! Twice in less than five minutes he'd made her blush. That was a world record.

The smile he gave her was that of great patience, much like he would give a small child learning how to walk for the first time. At least that's the way Blu read his look, and that kind of irked her. She wasn't sure if she was pissed at him for surprising her, or more pissed at herself for being so clumsy on such a basic step. Either way, she was just plain pissed.

She drew in a deep breath, raised her chin, squared her shoulders, and looked at him, her eyes flashed a challenge. Okay puppy, you obviously got some skills, but let's see what you've really got, let's play.

JUSTIN WASN'T really sure what had come over him. Maybe it was the way her smile lit up her face with pleasure. Maybe it was the way she was swaying in her chair. Her hips slowly rolling to the beat of the music. Enticing him, calling out to him, begging him to take possession of her with both hands.

Whatever the reason, he found himself putting his drink down on the bar and moving through the crowd toward her. Screw your courage to the sticking post. He couldn't remember where he'd heard the line, but some how it seemed very appropriate. And he just knew he was going to need every ounce of courage to ask her to dance with him.

He felt his stomach muscles clench when he saw the look on her face that clearly stated he was about to get shot down. There were very few things he was scared of, but the thought of her refusing him and the risk of being humiliated in front of her friends had him shaking inside. He steeled himself for the possibility of being rejected. But he didn't give up. Justin stood his ground, his hand held palm up, steady, even when her man started laughing. He'd come this far and wasn't about to back down.

When she placed her hand in his, the knot in his stomach loosened and he breathed an inner sigh of relief. Even though she had made a show of kissing her man in front of him, clearly stating that she was taken, she had accepted Justin's request to dance. Yes, she had a man, but for this one moment in time, she was all his and he was going to make every second count.

When I get that feelin', I want sexual healin'...

Justin closed his eyes. He silently thanked Mary, his adopted mother, for badgering him into being her dance partner. On a whim, she'd decided to take up ballroom dancing when Rick and Justin were teenagers. Her husband, Greg, had been too busy with work and had no time for lessons. Rick had flat out refused, claiming that dancing was for sissy's. That left Justin, whom, after weeks of guilt trips and bribery, gave in.

He'd put up a big stink every time he and Mary went to the lessons. But it was just for show. He actually liked dancing and enjoyed spending that time with his mother. He also knew that if Rick figured out that Justin enjoyed dancing, he would've never heard the end of it. Years later, he was able to take great satisfaction when Rick came and asked Justin to teach him how to dance for his and Mel's wedding. Dancing was for sissy's, huh?

Yes sir, the knowledge of ballroom dancing sure came in handy, and Justin needed that knowledge now more than ever. He opened his eyes and looked down into hers and immediately lost his train of thought. He'd seen that her eyes were an unusual color and he'd assumed she was wearing contacts. But as he gazed down at her, he realized that there was no way the natural warm golden hues with flecks of light brown could be synthetically manufactured. His heart thumped against his rib cage and he felt himself drowning. He was a goner.

He shook himself mentally when he felt her stumble, and his hand gripped her waist to hold her steady. He saw her eyes flash at him and he smiled. There was a fiery passion in her eyes that was turning him on. He wasn't sure if it was anger, irritation, defiance, or determination, but he liked it. Yeah, he liked it a lot.

He fought against the urge to gather her close in his arms and cradle her head on his shoulder. He wasn't sure of how she'd react. Instinct told him that she wasn't the type of woman that took kindly to being so intimate with a complete stranger. So he kept a slight distance between them. Even though his body ached for more.

Again, he listened for the beat of the song and then took a step back. This time she followed. At first he kept the steps very basic, but once he saw that she could keep up, he started adding different moves. Twisting, turning, adding dips, spinning her out and pulling her back into him. Leading her in a modified tango.

She followed him step for step, not missing a beat. Her body lightly brushed against his. It was electrifying. The hairs on the back of his neck rose and his skin tightened. The feeling of her in his arms was so right. He didn't want the moment to end. He tried not to think about the fact that she was with someone else. He shoved that thought to the back of his mind. For now, he'd pretend that he was her man. He let himself get lost in the music, the feel of her body against his and the warm scent of cloves.

HOLY SHIT! The puppy could actually dance. James was the only man that Blu had ever danced with were she didn't have to lead or keep it to the idiotic step, touch, step, touch swaying. Here this puppy had taken charge and was leading her, sending her signals which way to turn with only slight shifts and pressures of his hands. Her golden brown eyes were wide with amazement. That was something only a professional dancer would know how to do.

She liked that he hadn't pulled her into his arms and started grinding on her. No, he'd kept a respectable distance between them. Their bodies only brushing together when it was appropriate and even then it was a slight graze, sending shock waves hurtling through her nerve endings. She wanted to feel more of him, not just this light touch. She wanted full contact. Pull me closer. The thought startled her.

She'd never felt comfortable dancing close to anyone. She'd always had to force herself to do it for the sake of a show. Being that close to someone always made her feel claustrophobic. Like her space was being intruded upon and she was being smothered. And the only way she could handle it was if she initiated the first move.

Yet, here she was dancing with a complete and total stranger wanting to be close to him. Wanting to press the side of her face against his chest and hear the sound of his heart beat. It was the oddest thing, she felt safe within the circle of his arms. She'd never felt that with any man in her life. Her heart did a funny little flip-flop.

That scared the shit out of her. She started trembling. She should have ended it right there. She felt so conflicted, her feelings going to war. Part of her told her to high tail her black ass out of there. Every instinct screamed at her to run and not look back. But at the same time she wanted to stay right there and never stop dancing with him.

Marvin's song ended and it segued into Aaliyah's 'One In A Million'. Justin planted his feet firmly as he stood straight and pushed her so that her upper body arched away from him. His legs and left hand, on the small of her back, supported her weight while he slowly shifted her into a dip. That move forced their hips together, breaking the invisible barrier between them.

Baby you don't know what you do to me. Between me and you, I feel a chemistry...,

Dear god, he was hard. Her lips parted and she began panting. Taking in short breaths. She could feel him. The firm bulge pressing against her belly caused her womb to tighten then release a small amount of serum from within. And for the life of her, she wanted more. She wanted to wrap her legs around his waist and ride him for all she was worth. That they were in a crowded pub, be damned. Whoa, slow your roll, girl. This is what got you in trouble the last time. She felt the dampness between her thighs. Fuck a duck! Why hadn't she at least worn a thong?

Blu struggled to get her breathing under control. It just wouldn't do to let him know that he was affecting her this way. He slowly drew her up, his eyes feasting on the exposed curves of her breasts. She hadn't realized that her blouse had slightly parted when he had dipped her. Giving him a delectable view of a slim silver chain that held a unique milky white pendent and was nestled in the valley of her breasts.

He wanted to bury his face there, to lick her flesh and suck the pendent into his mouth. The mere thought of tasting her skin caused his cock to throb and lurch against the zipper of his pants. He knew she could feel it. There was no hiding the fact that he was hard for her, and knowing that she knew, excited him even more.

Anything you want, anything you need, anything your soul desires...,

He whirled them in a small tight circle and she dug her fingers into his shoulder to keep her balance. She tilted her face up, a quiet smile lifted the corner of her mouth. He was drawn to her lips and noticed the only make-up she wore was lipstick. Brown lipstick, not red, a few shades darker than her skin. Her lips full and begging to be kissed. He resisted the urge to cover them with his own. Some where in the back of his brain he remembered that she had a man, and he was watching.

He would have been way out of line if he kissed her, and her man would have every right to punch Justin in the face. Getting into a fight with her man was the last thing he wanted. Although, given the way he was feeling, it would have been a great tension releaser. However, he did give in to the urge to bring her closer to him.

His hand slid up to cradle the nape of her neck and turned her head in to rest on the spot between his shoulder and chin. Her ear firmly pressed his chest. Blu stiffened in his arms, but when she heard the comforting thumping of his heart, she relaxed herself.

Only his left arm encircled her. His right hand was still clasped tight around her left. She turned her head in a little more, and he could feel her breath dance across his collar bone. Damn, she felt good to him. He changed up the dance to just a simple slow circle. He almost groaned out loud when her fingers tunneled under his hair to stroke the back of his neck.