For the Love of Botany (Revisited)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Renae was moving to get her friends out of danger when she suddenly saw Grant approach through the haze. The mist had not affected him because he had not been converted long enough.

“Richard, help me get the others to safety!” she shouted above the uproar the plants were making. Grant made no move but only stared at her with feral eyes. “Richard?” she said anxiously, “It’s me, Renae, remember?” A part of Grant did still know her, but that part was being quickly submerged. His mind was reverting to its animal state; he was feeling the pain and anger all around him and it was being channelled at the woman in front of him.

With the last vestiges of his humanity, Grant managed to speak once more. “Kill…me!” he said through clanged teeth.

“Richard, no!” Renae, answered.

Grant’s muscles coiled, ready to attack. “KILLL MEE!!!” he bellowed, and sprang at her, teeth bared and hands outstretched like claws. Renae quickly grabbed her small pistol and fired a single shot. The projectile hit Grant in the chest; he didn’t even feel it. But as he neared her, his body went limp and his vision blurred. He landed in a heap next to her. Everything was still. In the silence, Renae looked around. The leader-plant was dying and she had saved her friends, but right now all she could think off was this form lying beside her who used to be her love.

For the Love of Botany: Chapter Twenty-Two:

Grant slowly opened his eyes to see Renae’s overjoyed face looking down at him. “Oh Richard!” she said, tears flowing from her eyes, “You’ve come back to us!”

Grant was understandably confused. He found himself strapped in a hospital bed, surrounded by familiar faces. He had no idea how he had got here, or even where here was. He wanted to speak but found his mouth dry and rasping. Indicating his need for water, Renae quickly put a tumbler of liquid to his parched lips. He drank greedily. Feeling better, he tried to speak again.

“What…what’s going on?” he asked. The people around the be turned to Renae. She began to explain.

“A few days after the battle with the leader-plant, we were found by a group of Rebel women. They had come to see why the plants were acting so strange. They came across us and thought we were Breeders. But when they saw you with us, they believed that we were fellow Rebels. They helped us with our injuries and helped us find the crashed helicopter. We used the communication equipment to get a message to the convoy. Thankfully, one of the carriers was sent to get us. They took us with them; we’re in Sanctuary.” As Renae finished Grant realised he didn’t know what she was talking about. Battle with the leader-plant? When did that happen?

“I’m sorry,” he apologised, “I can’t remember any battle.” Dr. Andrews came over to him and gave him a quick examination.

“What is your last memory, Colonel?” she asked him. Grant thought hard to himself.

“I remember falling,” he told her, “Yes, I fell from the helicopter. After that, nothing. What happened?”

Renae steeled herself and told him the hard news. “You were changed into a male Breeder, Richard. The plants had us all and were trying to get the secret of the herbicide from us. You appeared and attacked them. I managed to open a barrel of herbicide and kill the leader-plant, but you turned on me. I had to shoot you.”

The enormity of the news hit him; he was a male Breeder. He remembered seeing those animals in the Base, and couldn’t bear the thought of being one of them. “Youshot me?” he asked her, shocked.

“I had to,” she said, pulling out her pistol to show him. “I’m just glad I was still carrying this tranq gun with me. It put you out like a light. We had to keep you asleep the whole way here.”

“But how is it I’ve been cured?” asked Grant, “We never could treat the other male Breeders we captured before.”

“Yes, that’s true,” said Andrews, “But your change was still relatively new; your DNA was still in a state of change when you arrived here. We were able to reverse the effect of your condition by using the vaccinations we use on female Breeders. It took a few months, but it’s worked.”

“I think our Colonel needs his rest,” said Anderson from her wheelchair. Her recovery was also taking a while, but she was tough and her limbs were getting stronger by the day. The doctors told her that she would walk again soon.

The others agreed and started to file out of the room. All his friends were there; Anderson, Duval, Berlardinelli, Rousseau, Andrews and Nurse Jean. All of them promised to visit him soon. When they were at last alone, Renae came over to the bed and leaned over. She gave him a loving kiss, which he returned.

“When I first met you,” she said, “It was me who was laying in the hospital bed. Your face was the first thing I saw when I awoke.”

“And now, the roles have been reversed. It is me who owes his life to you, my love,” he replied. If he had not been strapped down, he would have gathered her up in his arms. For now he was content to continue kissing her full lips. Reluctantly, Renae eventually pulled away and let him sleep. Just as she was about to leave, Grant called after her.

“Renae,” he said slowly, “When I was a male Breeder, I didn’t…do anything wrong, did I?” Renae stopped, and faced him. She had suspected that something had happened when he was a Breeder. She could have told him that, but what purpose would it have served? He was not Richard Grant when he had transformed, but an animal. He could not have been held responsible for his actions then.

“I can honestly say that Richard Grant did nothing to be ashamed of back there,” she said to him, “Go to sleep now.”

As Grant drifted back to sleep, he considered all that had happened. The controlling force behind the plants had been destroyed. The other plants remained, still with offspring and Breeders under their control. There was still a great deal of work to do before humanity could truly be free. But for now, all Grant wanted to do was rest.

A few days later, Andrews pronounced Grant cured of his changes. He was 100% human once more. He was unstrapped from his restraints and was free to go. With Renae as his guide, he was shown the wonders of Sanctuary, a place he had often spoken of but had never seen. The people here had made the island into a home. Some people had built their houses in keeping with the style they had been used to back in their homelands; spires, domes and minarets could be seen in the skyline of the buildings. Other people lived away from the city, preferring to live a simpler life in the rural areas, feeding the population through farming and fishing. Grant felt pride in humanity’s accomplishment. In this island at least, human beings had at last learnt to co-exist happily with each other. Their struggle had been worth it.

Later that night, Grant and Renae made their plans for the future. They planned to return to the fight. They knew their struggle was far from over. But that could wait for the morning. For tonight, they had to get reacquainted with each other. Sitting up in bed, Renae rested comfortably on Grants legs as they held on to each other, drawing themselves together. Renae lowered her lips on to Grant’s, teasing his mouth open with her tongue while their hands explored each other.

For delicious minutes, both were happy to continue this pleasure. Grant pull away slightly and started to kiss her face, moving to her neck, his hands came round and started stroking the sides of her breasts, before moving up and over to her nipples. Renae gasped in quiet breaths as he continued to gently arouse her, loving the feel of his warm naked skin on hers. Grant moved a hand downwards and cupped her mound, gently stoking her before slowly inserting his index finger into her. She moaned as he entered her, her sex become even wetter under his expert ministrations, becoming wet and puffy in readiness for him. In response, Grants erection was rising as his excitement grew.

“Please, Richard,” she whispered, “I want you now. It’s been so long.” Grant smiled and lifting his head, he kissed her lips once more. As their mouths locked he guided the tip of his cock against the entrance to her sex. She moaned into his mouth as he pushed into her, sliding in easily past her wet folds. Then they slowly began to move their bodies together, each one matching the rhythm of the other.

They leisurely ground against each other their hips moving as one. Renae released her hold on Grant and leaned back, loving the way the angle of penetration changed, deepening her pleasure. Grant’s upper body fell back against the bed, as they speeded up their movements, groaning as he felt his excitement increase. Renae’s hands were now on her ankles, providing support and leverage for the rest of her body. The rhythm was becoming frantic now; they pushed against each other faster and faster, harder and harder until they both cried out in orgasm. Grant climaxed powerfully, gushing his hot seed deeply inside Renae. Renae tensed as her body was racked by her own climax, before she fell forward on to Grant. Grant wrapped his arms around her neck and kissed her deeply, still panting from the lovemaking. Renae held on to the side of his head as she kissed him back, equally unwilling to let him go. They would always be together, now and forever.

Epilogue

The war continued for years after that, but the plants had been dealt a mortal blow. They were never fully able to recover from the loss of the leader-plant. Disorganised, they were easy prey to Rebel attacks; as the months went on, they lost more and more ground. The General’s message had been heard by many people, all over the world. Using the formula given to them, they produced the herbicide in massive quantities. The plants had no defence. From Russia to China, Australia to Africa, the plants were driven back. Within a few years, they were defeated. They still survived in small areas, deep within jungles or forests, but they never showed themselves again.

Humanity had a daunting task to rebuild after that. Billions had died in the war, most other animal life had been slaughtered, and whole areas were devastated. The world would never be the same. But humanity had learned to work together, unified in the face of their common enemy. Despite the difficulties ahead, they would face them as one people, one race!