All Comments on 'For Three Transgressions...'

by Ben_M

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thoughtful

This is the truth about the democrat passed healthcare for older citizens.

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
Dear Anonymousie...

...it is the Republican dixiecrats who are so busy whittling away at the public health system. That only the wealthy will be able to afford access to their monopoly of health care.

It is with bitter amusement that I contemplate the reality that Anonymous and other toadies of a corrupt economic domination will share the same mass graves as the rest of us once their services are no longer valued by their masters.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Interesting

Besides the idea presented here there are only four solutions to SSA funding or a combination of them. 1. Raise FICA Tax rates. 2. Further raise the retirement age including eliminating taking early retirement benefits. 3. Reduce benefits. 4. Force the return to America of high paying manufacturing and service jobs. This would result in a substantial increase in the total FICA Tax being paid into the SSA system. Sadly Congress will never do anything until the program crashes and burns.

40 years at SSA

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
@Chief3Blanket There is another way

Raise the FICA max to $500,000. The folks who can most afford to fund SSA do so from the income that they receive because of living in this society and reaping the financial opportunity and benefits because they do so.

There are no self-made women or men. All have benefitted from living and working in this society. To claim otherwise is stupid, and I'm pretty sure that you agree.

Have a prosperous new year.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
@palewriter

Eliminating the maximum on covered earnings subject to the FICA Tax is part of raising this tax. The problem with removing or raising the amount of earnings subject to the FICA Tax is that it will result in a computation of much higher or even astronomical benefits for those who have very a high income. What would also need to be done is cap the maximum benefits payable no matter how much an individual had made in covered earnings. In short some solutions lead to potentially additional problems.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Truth....

Politicians have long considered the money paid into the social security system as a slush fund that they could dip into whenever they desired to. That they were stealing from the American people did not, and doesn't, concern them as too many politicians consider themselves as being above the law. Liberal politicians, and unfortunately many conservative ones as well, have also been more than willing to provide benefits to illegal aliens that have been paid for by the taxes of working Americans. Until these abuses of the social security system are stopped there will be no stopping the future seen in this story from becoming real. In all too many ways in fact that future is already a reality. There are concerted efforts already to ration healthcare, ease assisted suicide and divert an even greater amount of the funds paid into the social security system to support the massive influx of immigrants, both illegal and government sanctioned, that is threatening to overwhelm our nation.

For all the liberal progressive efforts to deride the use of the term 'death panels' all too many news articles have recently focused on how real these heartless soulless arbiters of who gets to live and who is to be denied life saving medical treatment currently are. Our judicial system is also joining in the effort to make economic decisions have greater value than moral ones when it comes to deciding who lives and who dies. Money is valued more than human life. Overlooked is the simple fact that millions of working Americans paid in good faith into a system that, if the politicians had kept their grubby greedy paws out of, would have had ample funding for providing promised services. Unless the American people start demanding accountability from our government, and that the use of our tax dollars to support illegal and government sanctioned immigrants be stopped, then the collapse of the social security system will happen.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous