All Comments on 'Forgetting the Past'

by LiveCat

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A lovely story,!!.

A well written love story, I stayed with it all the way through and was glad I did, !!.

More power to your elbow, !!.

jpb531jpb531about 11 years ago
Nice!

Enjoyed it. As always, thanks for sharing.

ShikeShikeabout 11 years ago
Liked it

I really liked this Like I do the rest of your stories. However, to me the romance felt a little rushed as did the explanation about why Carrie left the army. It felt like the story could have used a little more development and could have been longer to achieve it.

I love reading your stories again and again, and will probably enjoy re-reading this one as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
****ie

Yes, wonderful story again.

mmmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Unafraid

I'm glad that someone was unafraid to tell a story that had some hard and oh-so true occurances of what happens and can happen to women in the military. While it is true that perceptions have come a long way, it is still very much a good ole boys club in many respects and lesbians can have a very hard time dealing with the politics of it all while still trying to have a career.

Please keep writing; we need more stories about the hard realities out there and that a person CAN survive traumatic or tragic events and still find love and support.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
THANK YOU

Great story. You are truly a gifted author. Keep writing please. ChristieP

scarlet_1scarlet_1about 11 years ago
Well, well ...

This has been a lovely story enjoyed on a Saturday morning, thank you. I had a little chuckle at your descriptive nuances, as it's been a while since I'd experienced some of it. Thanks for sharing and I hope you'll write again soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Loved the story and its emotional content

but you need to edit a little better and pay closer attention to writing conventions, particularly dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Some know how to write

Very beautiful feeling story told gently with great emotion and much careful thought. Loved it. Thank You for Sharing.

adidasgaladidasgalover 10 years ago

Beautiful..................

tygztygzover 10 years ago

There's a good reason that LiveKat is on my favorites list, and this story illustrates it well - compelling characters, moving and realist plot, not to mention hot sex!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 10 years ago
Loved It!

I have to disagree with Shike, I thought the pacing was good, that you didn't rush them into love, and as far as the army stuff, well with the presence of one of her assailants as a catalyst the quick reveal makes sense.

gjames17gjames17over 7 years ago
Hey Cat!

Another fabulous story by a truly gifted writer. Your characters leap off the page and come to life. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Greg

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another great story!

I love your stories, and the way you build your characters. Please keep up the great work!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Wonderful story!

As I slowly make my way through your collection of stories, I find that I really love your writing style. Thank you for sharing this, and please add more to the collection!

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
OUTSTANDING AND BRAVE .......................

We all know or at least suspect that sadly there are portions of this story that could very well be true.

As ex RN I knew of at least 3 Wrens who preferred female company.

I did see abuse directed at 2 of them and actually reported the acts to superiors.

This was in the 80`s and even then it was dealt with semi swiftly as everyone involved in the allegations had to be 100% certain that they were prepared to go the distance.

Modern day Im certain there are still some morons who believe this form of abuse is still okay sadly, particularly in the Army with the amount of testosterone involved (in NO way am I referring that this should be an excuse!!).

Anyone who joins the Military in general deserves respect no matter what their sexual orientation.

I will never understand anyone who thinks they can "convert" a lesbian (or a gay man for that matter).

Congratulations on a well thought out story.

I actually disagree with some of the comments though. Dwelling on the attack could very well have made the story too dark for many readers, and concentrating on the romantic side could have made it too "mushy" for others. I think you got the balance spot on :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

4.5 stars. Thumb error

XactoXactoabout 3 years ago
Very sweet

The World can beat us up, from all sides, and then we’re blind-sided when our emotional wiring is all short circuited. I’m glad Sue and Carrie found each other. ❤️

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Fabulous ...... 10 stars ....... But unfortunately sometimes may the soul is torn apart and even a hug or another lovely soul can't handle or cope with this broken inner self ....... Wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really love your stories thanks, sex great but there is so much more and I am slowly reading through them in date order. By a hairs breadth the watcher is still the best, I think, but nothing since has felt even near a let down. This one was right up there yet again.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

A good vignette, but enough to be a real story. Most of the important emotional parts were glossed over in a couple of paragraphs as though they would be of no interest, presented in almost encyclopedic form.

Being a writer myself, I know how hard/expensive it can be to bury yourself in a story idea, and how much easier it is to present "the story" as a "this is what happened" form rather showing us what really happened. But things come out SO much better when you do. And not just the written story, but the story the writer gets to live inside their head. For me, that's the best part. It's the whole point of writing...

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

So … reading this again 6 months later (see my review immediately below), I think I was way to harsh in my criticisms.

I've said in many of my reviews elsewhere on Lit, the true measure of the greatness of a story is in subsequent readings. First readings are necessarily superficial.

All that I will say now is that this was a very good story told with too few words. It deserved more.

Enough said.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

Yet another good story!

Being trapped in a dark place by circumstances beyond your control is soul destroying but to find a light to lead you back into life is incredibly uplifting!

These characters describe very briefly this circumstance. This tale has the potential to be continued on so many levels!

Is there a second chapter to their story?

Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous