All Comments on 'Forgiveness, Just Another F Word'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 181 Comments
Poizon69Poizon69almost 14 years ago
Interesting story.

I am glad they got back together. I am sure many male readers will think the wife was too harsh on the husband, well what if it was the other way around? anyway good story Slirpuff thanks for writing the story.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Too high a price

I finally put the star in the middle because the story is as well written as you usually provide, SP. This one shows just how wrong a relationship can get when a piece of ass is so overvalued. The unfortunate fact is that I know far too many people who have lived this crap. It's real, it sucks and it will always suck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Not your best, not your worst...

I do not think the wife was too extreme, at least at first, but combine that with the time frame of seperation, her lie, and how she was still acting, and it is difficult to see them getting back together.

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
Good Read, But Miseable Ending

I almost felt sorry for Steve, right up until he took the bitch back. I kept starting to feel sorry for the dumb jerk, and then would catch myself. Anyway it was an interesting perspective from the male point of view, and I was very much enjoying his misery. He lost what little empathy or respect I had for him when he hung around to be double teamed by his ex and Fran. The only honorable thing a cheater can do is crawl away and start life over, not get sucked back into a sham of a marriage with his stupid wimp wife. I expect women to be wimps it's in their nature, but other than fucking dogs and children it is still one of the most distasteful of human behaviors.

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Good Story

One of the many possible stories that could be written from the same set-up and all of them would hold our attention.

Personally I liked the idea of sending Fran to test him but I thought that she was fairly slow on getting back together with him. My feeling was she should have taken into account that his guilt left him almost impotent before telling her. Her near failure on the lie detector test was another reason to take him to bed earlier. The thing is that he never hated her, a was still loving her when he left for the "last time".

Thanks for your time and energy SlirPuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
It rings true

I suppose the reactions are pretty much the same when these things happen. Get the lawyers involved and it gets nasty, because it's just more billable hours as they destroy people.

The ending was not what I was expecting, but overall the story was well written.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 14 years ago
Job well done, sir.

I can understand how some readers would find fault with the way that both Linda and Steve progressed. But their actions and reactions in this story show in a realistic way how far people who are hurting will go.

Well done, sir. A good plot line, a good flow, and for me a good ending.

Thanks for your hard work and keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Could not have had a better ending

As always, you come up with a winner. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nice

good story. lots of drama, but that's life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
The ending

was completely predictable but overall it was a well written story. I'll need to read more of yours.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
Lie detector test...

The lie detector test served two good purposes. First he had evidence that she had not screwed around and second, it gave her some understanding of his not wanting to tell her about his indescretion. I don't know what to think about her wanting to screw an old boyfriend. She did get to see just how thin the line is between cheating and not.

Another good Slirpuff story that shows how a couple who love each other can get back together without one being an outright fool.

Thanks,

Phil

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 14 years ago
Well Written and Realistic Story

To be honest, the romantic ending at the end was probably not realistic, but it did make a positive ending for the story. Nothing wrong with a fantasy with a good ending - real life can be depressing enough as it is. I think SPs stories are getting better.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Not Bad

Very realistic when lawyers get involved. Though I don't think you would have had as many compliants if the lady was the cheater and the man took those steps. Don't always agree with your stories but you have become a very good writer. Keep'em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nuce bit of writing.

I really liked it. I don't know if you could have been more circular about who the woman was that sat down next to our hero at the bar. In 3 sentences I jumped to the conclusion that it was Linda, perhaps I'm reading too many of these stories. Well done! A nice little read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent story

Your writing has improved greatly. I did get a little lost during the dialog about having the lie detector tests but that was it.

I liked how you had him cheat and suffer the consequences, even rather unreasonable ones. The usual fare here is "torch the bitch".

I know that Rehnquist stated that it was hard to get a restraining order, but it wasn't for my brother (lawyer) in California. All the wife has to do is claim abuse and it was almost automatic.

Thanks for writing, I now look forward to your new submittals. - Ttom

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Very good

Painful and realistic. Lawyers getting vicious and out of control. Running away. Struggling to get some point of balance. The fidelity test was a nice idea. She needed to be sure what he would do out on his own. The flaw in that however is that as far as he was concerned at that point his marriage was well over, whether officially or not. I can't believe that any man in that situation would resist a good looking woman when his wife had made it abundantly clear that they would never get back together. He qualifies for Sainthood. Another thing that really hit me is that he hits a point where he is fed up. Yes, he screwed up and deserves to pay a price, but not an unending price. There needs to be a defined end to it. This is something I have always considered for myself if I ever got into such a mess. I would never agree to be in an infinite doghouse. At some not to distant point it would need to be resolved. He makes that point VERY well and it even convinces his wife. She says "No more past, only the future". At some point, for the marriage to go on it does need to get to that understanding. It's funny, when I read a story that starts out the husband cheated, I think "What a moron. He deserves whatever happens to him." But it was a nice recovery for him. I think he deserved her forgiveness and in the end he wasn't wimpy about it either. Contrite but not pathetic. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
It's a lot like reading

something Archie Bunker would write. Slirpuff just might be the real Archie. The mistakes are amusing and frequent. The hero seems flawed and believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
roller coaster

Wow that was some story which was wild. Talk about a full court press. I wouldn't of believed that they would of gotten back together. It was well written and definitely hit a lot of buttons. Thanks for sharing.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
Enjoyed this one . . .

The writing was significantly better than your last story -- presumably there was a lot of editing -- it shows. The plot is a little bit lacking in credulity as follows. When is it "sex?" Is French kissing "sex?" How about petting (clothes off)? What about oral -- is that "sex?" (Not if you use the Bill Clinton definition). Most would agree that screwing constitutes sex -- it's the Real McCoy!

Of course, Steve really had sex (everything including intercourse) while on his business trip. Linda stated (after the lie detector caught her) that she almost had sex with an old boyfriend. The implication is that she went pretty far but stopped short of intercourse. Was there oral -- i.e., did she go down on him?

More than 50% of Americans believe oral sex fits the definition of "having sex" with someone. OK, Steve cheated first. But he came clean because the guilt was eating him up. Linda would never have told about her slip, were it not for the lie detector.

In my opinion, she did have revenge sex and hers was actually worse. Steve had a one-night-stand with someone he did not care for, possibly with someone he will never see again. Linda did it with an old boyfriend for whom she obviously still had feelings. How should Steve get over that one? Will it be the 600 lb gorilla in the closet from now on? Difficult question, but this illustrates why revenge sex makes it more difficult to salvage the relationship. Thanks for writing.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
I enjoyed it too...

but had the same question as the Vulcan. Just what did Linda do with the old boyfriend that was almost sex? Otherwise, it was a pretty good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
should have left it at...

I would have enjoyed this story more if the husband had moved back to spend time with the kids but would have had enough pride to stop with all the bullshit from his wife. a divorce and visitation would have left him a better man. Why would a man want to spend the rest of his life with a woman like her?

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
I enjoyed this story very much!

It was a very good read for me! The only problems I had with it was the length of the exile for well over a year was just ludacris. I don't know any marriage that would have survived that! But the rest of the story was very real.

Thanks for writing!

Cobbler1023Cobbler1023almost 14 years ago
Great Story!

One of your best. I wasn't sure where it was headed until the last paragraph!

The Cobbler

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
I don't completely agree with woodmanone that this....

....shows realism as I could not get past the inequality in "Loreyering"-child custody is principally a matter of state law in any state I know of, and I know of it in at least a dozen states, and I'd bet my right arm that there's no scope of Judicial intervention that could enable her to do what she did, of course,this based on what was written here in terms of his actions.(Hence their behavior is "unreal").I've been working with dysfunctional families for 35 years (yes it takes one to know one) and it's either that or the guy was an asshole for not fighting harder for his kids, which of course was not written into plot.Not my favorite but as always worth reading.

grogers7grogers7almost 14 years ago
Very Good

Very well written. The courts are very harsh on men, regardless of the circumstance. It makes your story stronger to have the elements of the biased court and the narcist, win-at-all-costs lawyer. I won custody of 3 daughters after they asked the court to let them live with me. It took 18 months and tens of thousands of dollars. In subsequent years, Child and Youth Services came after me to to take my children away based on false accusations. My ex is still pissed at me, 27 years later. And I still get tearful phone calls from my daughters after their mom unloads on them. BTW, she is married to my former next door neighbor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Not what I expected

but very well written!

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
Too much pain for a reconciliation. I'm not a big fan of reconciliation anyway....

especially when there is cheating. However, he cheated ONCE and was deeply remorseful, seeming genuinely remorseful. I can understand the wife's initial reaction and IF she had relented after a few weeks and finally had a sensible conversation with her cheating husband I could support a reconciliation after a few months.

BUT to go after him like a dog after raw meat and sustain that attack, even to the point of denying him access to his children. Well, that crosses the Rubicon.

NO reconciliation should be possible after that much venom is spewed into the body of their relationship.

The bitch is crazy. Get out, stay out and don't even think of going back. Run, screaming into the night. Save yourself.

jiminabjiminabalmost 14 years ago
Been there,

not done that but seen that. Several times. The downward spiral of action and reaction especially with lawyers has destroyed more than a few of our friends. A little disscussion and compromise early on might have saved some of those marriages. What was there to lose? Pride. A sad state but we humans have that.

I liked the story as a story and gave it top points. I didn't like the charachters. She acted like some of the females in the group I am talking about and he acted like some of the men. So this story to me was very realistic. Except for the ending. Too quick. He got his back up again and she just copitulted. Reality would have been back to the lawyers and back to the spiral.

Antway Puff.....liked it very much as I like most of your storys. Always smile when I see your name in the "new" list. Thank you. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Firefox you nasty little runt assed creep

I didn't actually read the story. A wimp' I doun't think so and never been cucked to my nowledge! Can a woman be cucked? I fuckin hate small mind pricks like you with you're hate fulled negativity. Who give a fuck about you're lonely miserable misogynistic opinion? Creep.

jiminabjiminabalmost 14 years ago
WTF

I came back to say something but after reading anon below i've lost it. Are there really people like that out there? Shit i'm 68 and I have seen a hell of a lot of stuff but that???????????? At least anon has enough intelligence to operate a computer but maybe not. A friend maybe? If I remember what the hell was so important I will be back. After all I am 68. LOL Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Author - this ending sucked and totally unrealistic.

Forced reconciliations are a pathetic cope-outs as this poor effort demonstrates.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
too long

too long for a story with a stupid ending, your trying to hard to come up with something different and you don't need it.leave that up to the sickos like jpb just write about things that have and do happen in relationships and you will have a following, go for weird and you will get weirdos go for sick and you will get sickos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
over the edge

No pats on the back for what happened, but he tried. She did what she did and compounded an already bad situation. To go back to that, please. That is why there is visitation and support. The second thought from linda, and the position that was taken. A brunette wig would not hve hidden her identity, and tell her he had to go, anywhere, certainly away from her. Many words but too far gone, and whatever cliche.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 14 years ago
Interesting

A female "wimp"? I love it. The kickem to the Kurb types are consistent! Personally I felt the husband became a wimp by taking her back! Men...and women screw around in one way or another in each and every marriage! She went overboard in her reaction and that was not a demonstration of love... That was a demonstration of being self-centered and prideful. I say the same thing when the husband goes crazy and does hateful things. There are "NO" perfect marriages where men or women never stray in one way or another... I call bullcrap to all of you that say there are! Even lightly flirting with someone else than our spouse is a form of cheating...and we all do it you hypocrites!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Pathetic

You turned the husband into a pathetic wimp. Should of stuck with him having some balls and telling her to go to hell.

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Sorry

This story is morally corrupt.

And as well, the woman claiming to be "Linda" at the end is an imposter. She bears no resemblance to the unforgiving twit virago who deprived her CHILDREN for God's sake of THEIR FATHER -- for two irrecoverable years of their growth? And all the other injury she visited on a husband to whom she had sworn ... something, what was it again during bthe wedding ceremony? I lost track, and all over some petty desire to nurse her resentment, sob sob, drain him financially dry, all that "oh dear, I didn't know, I'm so helpless," so I hired a 'take no prisoners' lawyer nonsense, a febrile woman who ignored everything she should know about what follows after confession (acts of contrition and then absolution for Christ's sake!). A woman who uses tests of fidelity with a hired "detective," to restore supposed "trust" after she has fucked him raw every other which way but physically, and then demands all the crap that follows?) Trust is trust, and deliberately and deceptively tested, is not trust at all! as another of your stories with more integrity than this one makes clear! C'mon! Has the man no self-respect? As a fine French film far more wise about Catholicism ("My Night at Maud's," check it out, and above all check out "Chloe in the Afternoon" by the same filmmaker for infidelity issues) says at one point (a Priest says it at a Xmas Eve Mass), "God does not expect every man to be a Saint. Few are given that gift!" This fucking husband is required to be a fucking Saint. I don't believe it, whatever his conscientious anguish! But you write him as if he were!

And I don't mean who he may or may not fuck. That's nothing much. Sin is in what's chosen, WILLED, not merely in what's yielded to, and that's all fucking when seduced requires. The wife is a major horror, in any hierarchical category of sinfulness worthy the name. God, the damage she does!

The process by which that woman might eventually become the one who claims to be "Linda" at the end would make an extremely interesting story, but it's nowhere implied here. Write it! This story displays what is usually called "Catholic Guilt" (meaning, puritanical moral ignorance and resentment that lasts for centuries -- back in Ireland anyway, and not really Catholic, only a piggybacking aspect of Irish culture -- substituting for conscience. forgiveness, and common sense. At its worst. You do have the knack of engaging your readers, so -- in this case -- you have engaged my outrage that such challenging material is refried into such banal McDonald fritters. When you wrote this and ignored your own inner light, Slirpuff, who were you trying to please?

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
You broke the suspension

After all she did, one fuck in a shower doesn't heal the wounds she did. Yes SHE did. He did his damage; she did hers.

So the willful suspension of disbelief was shattered and the ending was rushed and unclear. Not highly rated. You've done better.

The one thing I like is that the perpetrators WASN'T a nymphomaniac slut who did men by the egg carton full.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago

I like Billy's attitude, my kind of guy. Also his answers to the cheaters excistance would be absolute and complete! R.T.

geopri71geopri71almost 13 years ago
story

Nice story.I believe it is realistic.Unfortunately in our society, affairs by both spouses are becoming more acceptable.Should one spouse forgive the other for one indicretion, I say yes .I also revenge sex ould be ok ,but only if it balances out.

likegoodwinelikegoodwinealmost 13 years ago
Liked it!

I was a nice role reversal tale compared to the classic Loving wife stories where the wife is the cheater. I am sure that the crowd that cheers when the husband goes balistic with his cheating wife found here that the wife was overly bad with her husband. Poor wifes can never win with that crowd. I was musing to write something like that but now I know you did a better job than I could ever.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Well written

Flowed well and steady. It seems there are quite a few women who cannot (or maybe it's will not) ever forgive. Ten years after an event they still feel it's Ok to slap the man with whatever mistake, failing or error he did.

Thanks.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Interesting take on forgiveness and trust

I haven't looked at allof the comments but I wonder how many of those who would have urged a cuckolded husband to "torch the bitch", were here urging her to never take him back because "once a cheater always a cheater"? Just wondering ....

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
more proof size14shoe is a fucking idiot

size14shoe wrote " I don't know what to think about her wanting to screw an old boyfriend. "

golly... hard to beelive that size14shoe cannot bring himself stay the wife did something wrong

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
REALISITIC? lets see..........

FACTS

1 husband cheats one time while somewhat drunk

2 Husband confesses

3 wife freaks out vy doing this.

STEALS all the money from the credit cards and household checking account

Files a FALSE restraining order against him

Prevented ANY contact with the kids useless SHE gets more money

siezed all Pay so he doesnt have enough money left over to buy food

Hires a detective to TRAP him.

4 then the wife.... all under the guise of trying to reconcile

gets his own Mother to lie to him

the wife gets his old boss tolie to him

the wife gets his new boss to lie for her and to him

THEN the wife invites into the house for dinner but the RESTRAINING order is STILL in place

THEN while the wife is trying to reconcile the wife says she did NOT fuck anyone else then lied abiout THAT as well

so he takes her back??? and EVERYONE thinks this is a realisitic story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Didn't Feel Right

Granted, he screwed up and she lost it - understandable. Life got miserable for him and he did what had to be done...leave quietly and get out of touch - her attorney, and she had to know, was crucifying him mentally and financially.

He finally agreed to sign the papers, he had to move on, she had tortured him enough, overkill - even though he caused it - moving on was the right thing to do.

Fran tests him, he passes and Linda still wants to test him, can't totally believe in him but wants to; however, even more she doesn't trust him.

Didn't miss the fact that she dated, he didn't so if she wanted to see him and still didn't trust him, she should have let him sign the papers. Yes, he would always feel bad but now they both wouldn't trust each other so - Divorce!

You brought the end up with a lot of turmoil and distrust - in the real world they were through.

Thanks for a good read though!

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
It was a well written story.

However, I didn't like it. Nevertheless, I gave an extra star and rated it 3 stars.

I don't believe a woman would act like that and, if she did, he should have given up after 2 months and never gone back.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Beautifully ugly story

Beautiful for the writing. Ugly for the true nature of the human condition you painted on these pages. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
agree with Rephil & HarryVA

Interesting stories but not realistic. And of course, that pathetic fag size14shoe comes across as a complete idiot whose IQ matches the shoe size [in other words, completely stupid & useless].

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
it's typical

And Harry in Va your a moron. Guys go throught this shit all the time. What I find funny is the wife would burn the Earth to hurt a man after he fucked around ob her. But a woman will have another mans baby, fuck around for years. And in the end everyone will say it his fault. It's something he didn't do. Good Job Slirpuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
fratricide in the WBC

DWhuecuck and HIV struggling for supremacy of the WBC

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
What's not realistic?

Is it the fact that after both of them were stupid the got back together. Anyone who doesn't think that's realistic has their head in the sand. Or in Harry's case up his ass.

Like a lot of us I find reading the comments entertaining. Especially Harry's. He is so far out there a lot of the time I'm surprised he doesn't get lost. I feel bad when he finds an acorn and I have to agree with him on some point.

In this case I looked at his comments and he was just making things up. I agree the wife went overboard. But then I might have as well. But then I don't care if it's the man or woman. Whichever one cheats is wrong.

I don't know if Harry only has a problem when the woman cheats but this guy for the most part got what he deserved.

The wife was wrong with the restraining order and denying him access to the kids. That part unfortunately is all too realistic in divorces today. (Notice I didn't use caps to make my realistic point Harry)? She also cheated so she really didn't take the high road even though they were separated at the time.

When Steve cheated he wasn't drunk as Harry says. From the time she sat down to them sealing the deal in the hotel room he was thinking it over in his head and decided to fuck it; literally and figuratively.

I also couldn't find where both his bosses lied to him either. Maybe someone could point those two places out.

Her Inviting him to dinner with a restraining order is also irrelevant. First we don't know if there was one or not. She told her lawyer to cancel everything. Second, her purpose in inviting him over was for reconciliation.

So Harry if your going to spit all over the story without give the author anything constructive at least try to get your facts straight.

So with all the rants of how wrong one person was over the other, what was the story about? It was about two stupid people who both did destructive and stupid things in their marriage. I have no problem with the result that they got back together being realistic. Abused women go back to their abusers over and over again. I have never been able to figure out why but they do.

So Harry forget that you just made up shit. If you didn't like the story because you thought it was unrealistic then I guess Huedogg actually hit the nail on the head, you're a moron.

Slirpuff has done a fine job of eliciting emotions from the reader. Although that not much of a feat with some.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!

I rated the story on the writing. The story line sucked Linda was a BITCH!!!!!!!!. Thanks for sharing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
PARPLUS 10..or should I say PLAYPEN10... Here is the proof

PARPLUS10 listen moron at least quote me correctly. LOL...

I mean how hard is this ? cant you use COPY and PASTE ??

You CLAIM that I am simply making up stuff with fake facts and charges which are NOT in the story ... but you of all people are doing EXACTLY by NOT stating what I actually wrote.

EXAMPLE 1 You complained that I said Steve was drunk when he was cheating.

PARPLUS10 wrote: " When Steve cheated he wasn't drunk as Harry says.."

That is NOT what I said .. I said he was drinking SOME

EXAMPLE #2 this huge Turd from ParPlus10 proving that he is a serious fucking idiot:

PARPLUS10: ... Her Inviting him to dinner with a restraining order is also irrelevant. First we don't know if there was one or not. She told her lawyer to cancel everything. Second, her purpose in inviting him over was for reconciliation.

PROOF? From the story Moron:

STEVE : Is the restraining order still in effect?" That brought another worried look to her face.

BITCH WIFE: "Steve, I don't have a clue. When I put everything on hold, I don't know if it applied to that also; I'll have to check into that."

Yet SOMEHOW Parplus10 somehow reads "Steve I dont have a clue" as Yes I told my lawyer to cancel the restraining order.!!! LOL..ROTFLOL...

EXAMPLE#3 AnotherParplus10 insight ...

I also couldn't find where both his bosses lied to him either. Maybe someone could point those two places out.

from the story halfway down page 2.....

WIFE: I talked to Dan, and he says you can have your old job back with all the seniority you had when you left."

"When did you talk to Dan?"

then this from DAN Steve's Boss ...

"I'm sorry, Linda made me promise not to say a word to you. I guess she'd been planning it for a couple of months after she found you; and no I didn't rat you out, she found you on her own...."

He left work SPECIFICALLY telling Dan he did NOT wnat him to tell Linda where he was. His Boss LIED to him....

+++++++++++++++++++++++

next time stupid when you go up against me and claim I am making up facts copy and paste what the story ACTUALLY says vs my claims.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
dan cheated one mistake came clean and she was a bitch

no way that women would have put me thru that hell for one mistake, after the way she treated him he should have moved on...this reconcilliation is a joke.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well Done...BUT

She was within in her rights to react nasty, angry, vindictive and hateful in the beginning but - at some point any woman would have allowed a discussion about money, the kids and agreeing on a divorce - she would have at least done that if for no other reason than to get some subsistance from him.

Cold, mean and ugly, I would have left too. I would always love the woman who she was prior to this but as bad as she had become (a little understandable) I would have to leave and get over her and even then - very sadly.

Staying celibate for a year - yes I buy that, his conscious hurt him and even though his marriage was over, his basic honor was still there and he would wait for the divorce to be final.

Skip to the first day back with the kids, dinner and talk. SHE DATED! Okay but she doesn't seem to have the same morals as her husband - wait until it's final. Also, she dated two other guys and No Sex?????? He said he needed to know who for good reasons and she never did tell him.

Okay, had she talked to him in the beginning I don't know if she ever could get to trust him again and that would drive them both crazy and eventually end it. Now, after over a year of her hate, her dating and his preparing himself to go on without her I really don't believe that this would work. He screwed up - totally hurt her, she was cold and heartless AND dated - I don't think he'll ever forget it so...It all went wrong from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I like couples who really are special and in love that find a way to reconcile, happily. This one doesn't fit the happy ever after.

Liked the story anyway and thanks again for a good read!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WOW game set and match harry in VA

serious smackdown by Harry on Parplus10

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Yeah, well Harry is a dickwad anyway.

I didn't think anyone read his comments though.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Decent

I don't think Linda should have taken the cheating asshole husband back. However she was a little psychotic hiring a private whore posing as a PI to fuck him and report back to her. It seemed Linda had no clue what she really wanted. He was a fucking cheater and she became a head case. No reconciliation would have happened in this universe.

It was well written and a good story but totally impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Gripping stuff

That had me on the edge of my seat until somewhere on the last page - very true to life, and the bitter conversations made me think of my own baggage from past girlfriends and how easily a little callousness can kill a relationship.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
once again another story from the "King of double Standards"

He cheats come home and tells the truth. She burns him at the stake, whats everything and gets. Even though there not divorced, she has a little fling with her ex boyfriend. She fails the lie dector and some how she is justified in her fling because he's a dog. Yet in other slirpuff stories, when the wife cheats and the husband has his own fling, then everyone calls him a dog because he is just as bad as her. He's a dog. So either was the man is fuck, just like this story. 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Point Missed

Not saying he was okay with cheating, no - he was wrong.

The point, he was drinking and not using good judgement. She, sober, with forethought and planning, dressed for and went on dates but justified the male companionship by saying that she would wait for her divorce final before she had sex with anyone but - she spent time with other men? Excuse me, she dated - he didn't.

Couple her accepting the company of suitors, her conduct and attitude towards him and the hell she let her attorney drop on him, given a year and a half of anguish and hurt - NO.

I would always cherish the good memories, love the good memories but I would sadly walk away and not want to hear or see her again. She went too far and then accepted the company of other men...still a physical and sexual undertaking, even without the actual act of making love or just screwing.

phd70phd70about 11 years ago
Ok Tale, But............

Lessons: Don't confess a single instance of cheating; States need more reasonable divorce statutes that don't impoverish family members; Visitation rights should be reasonable, considering protection of the children from violent or criminal parents.

Story was well done, taught some lessons, but husband was poorly treated by wife and the legal system. Gave it 4 *'s.

JackorChuckJackorChuckabout 11 years ago
A Bitch

I dont condone cheating, it was obvious that the guy was badly torn up by his own guilt and then his wifes reaction intially and afterwards revealed her to be a first class bitch. Would I have got back together with her, no way.

Communication is the glue that keeps most relationships stable, it is also important during a relationship breakdown. no communication = common sense being thrown out the window.

She revealed herself as cheater and a bitter bitch who wanted erything to be on her terms. If I was him I would of run for the hills for good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Dissapointed at the ending.

You had an awesome reverse BT-Bastard story going and then completely broke it by making the wife into a wimpy cunt who completely bows to the whiny cheating shit's wishes. I happen to like BTB stories a lot, and seeing someone getting their just desserts is the cream on the cake.

Instead of doing that, you made the husband a vindictive coward who never really owns up to his actions, merely confessing, expecting and later demanding utter forgiveness on his own terms. His emotional "devastation" at his own betrayal of his wife goes almost without comment - he pulls the usual bullshit that is usually the cheating slut wife's job, tears and misery and finally confessing.

In a normal cheating story that's when all hell breaks loose, the cheating slut gets burnt straight to hell and back, ends up homeless, dead, without her kids, and any of a host of other unpleasant endings. Everyone cheers, because the cunt usually deserves it.

Yet you sit back and write this dickhead as the victim, his wife only "cheating" in the most marginal sense - making out with but never actually sleeping with - an old boyfriend after they were already in the process of divorce. That's perfectly normal in a cheating slut story - the guy's Second Chance Woman shows up, gives a few deep kisses and a promise of a second chance when the divorce is over.

Yet, all through the story, this traitorous shit is the victim? What the hell? He cheated, HE pays for it - same as in a cheating wife story. Or should be anyway.

Honestly, fuck the double standards. It's like a truly "Loving Wife" is supposed to be nothing more than a cheap slut who submits to her husbands wishes and allows him to step out whenever he likes. It's a fucking death sentence if the cunt steps out on him, but no big deal if he does it?

Yeah, forgiveness IS an "F" word. Someone who cheats once will cheat again, because they have no respect for their spouse, and the spouse dumb enough to take the asshole back doesn't deserve respect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
i agree

With her. And im a man

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Great story

The story was an exercise in morality and extremism as partners can be in a relationship. Sometimes, we need to calculate our actions as they relate to our value systems beforehand. Cheating is a state of being when we betray ourselves and our partners. None of us deserve the emotional pain endured in this story. The outcome was great but the majority the story was a complete mind fuck. I didn't like it much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I not only cheated on my wife but I moved out and I loved the woman I went to.

But my children coaxed me back and my wife was kind enough to take me back and even kidded me about redheads once a few months later. So I have stayed married. Of course I have fucked around (once a cheater, always a cheater) but have lied to her (she told me once to always lie to her if she asked me) and here 40 years later are still together. It has not always been sweetness and light and the sex has been non-existent since the nineties but you can't have everything. We enjoy the grandchildren and great-grandchildren greatly so it is better for both that we stayed together.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 11 years ago
Cute and entertaining

definitely worth a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a bunch of spineless comments

She was a ruthless blood sucking bitch. He assed up but tried amends. Fuck her and the horse she rode in on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hubby has the moral of a turd.

Just ask her if she wants a divorce, and give her what is due to her. How hard is that. This asshole has to be indignant that the wife won't forgive him, and refuses to pay the bills until she does. Then he complains that she got lawyers involved. What a turd. His problem is that he thinks paying the bill entitles him to instant full forgiveness whenever he has an affair. By his logic, the wife deserves to have an affair for bearing his children and cooking and cleaning for him, but it is unlikely that he would accept her affair. Basically he wants two standards, one for him and one for her. This story is hard to read because I can't empathize with the husband even though I am a guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a bunch of candy ass comments.

Turned the guy into a gutless, spineless wimp. Fuck you author (and the horse you rode in on). Once he cut trail and ran, he should of stayed his course and told her to go straight to hell (and don't pass go). She is a worthless, blood sucking, piece of shit. One of the very worse endings in Literotica.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Eh?

1. He fucked up

2. He fucked up again - he told her about #1 (to make himself feel better!)

3. She pays him back 10,000 times for his fuck up. He may have committed a marital crime, but she gave him life in the electric chair! The punishment has to fit the crime - where were her family in all this? Crazy lady was using her kids as hostages to torture her husband! They will be living with PTSD for the rest of their young lives because of crazy lady.

4. Now, the fantastic part of the story, the set up with the hooker / detective! Really, after all she has put him through he is going to be a good boy? Not likely. If some bitch EVER had me arrested for being at my own home with my own kids - divorce would be the least of her problems! I certainly would not consider myself married anymore! The chance to take a little comfort in a warm woman would be too much to turn down after what she put him through!

5. Get back together with her for the kids sake? After she flew her true colors and showed how little she cared for her kids? NO. Weekend daddy, is better than crazed daddy.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
She should have just burned him.

Just Burn The Bastard and be done with him. Fuckin' cheating piece of shit. He can rationalize it all he wants, but he still cheated on his beautiful wife! Alcohol? No excuse. Loneliness? No excuse. True, he confessed. 1 point in his favor. The other 99 points were against him for doing it in the first place.

Now, the living hell she put him through would have been great IF she hadn't gone so far overboard that he quit his job, then take him back at the end. "For the sake of the kids" doesn't mean shit when all trust has been lost between their parents. The inevitable fights between the parents would torment the kids more than any Divorce would.

My wife's ex cheated on her and my ex cheated on me. I'm an equal opportunity hater of cheaters.

4 Stars. Would have been 5 if she'd just done a bit of torture and then Divorced him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Gotta agree with ID here, burn the bitch is the same for the man to.

Though since in the end it was self cuck 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
bull manure

2 **

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Restraining order?

On what grounds can she get a restraining order keeping him away from his own home and kids?

There would have to be SOME allegations of abuse to get a restraining order.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Really pathetic.

Author should hang his head in shame for degrading a husband as in this sorry tale.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
It's one mistake, not a prolonged affair

Either decide to forgive and rebuild or split up and move on. Burn once if the urge is there. Prolonged roasting just burns everything to ashes for both.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dumbass

Husband was a dumbass. Deserved all the shit that happened to him. We all love the BTB stories. Why not Burn the Fucker stories?

tae352001tae352001over 9 years ago
WOW EXCELLENT STORY

To the critics! you obviously do not have a family. This is right in the lines of reality. do you throw away a family, over a one night stand. Yes the trust is damaged and even broken. This is about life and wanting to bring back the love and prove once and for all this was a careless mistake, a brain fart of high degree. I had to save this story, I am happy to see a happy ending, why, that is what marriage is all about.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Why Bother

They were both fucked up. He was a cheater, once is all it takes. She was a bitch. Neither gave a shit about the kids - that is the real reason their marriage was not worth saving. Two selfish fucks. Next time write this from the point of view of the children. They might be sympathetic characters. I don't give a crap what happens to these two turds and my interest was fading.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

The stars are for the good writing. The husband screwed up. A point for him was confessing. She would not listen to any explanation. Point denied. When hit by the shark, he should have stayed with the second job and moved on.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

you have explored this theme before. Thanks for the offering.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
***

Ending was a very poor fit. Rest was great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hypocrite

Funny how many BTB people are giving him a free pass. He cheated. It's a conscious choice, he paid the price. There are a lot of vengeful ex-husbands and ex-wives because there are a lot of cheaters. Punishment should fit crime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the ending killed a great story

he screwed but came clean, what she did was over the top, wanting all his income ,a restraining order, etc. instead of talking it out she put the screws to him. and then she expects to reconcile .she also dated . to much I would have moved on . never to deal with her again , so I made a mistake. does the punishment fit the crime, I think not.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Yet another one where I don't care

I don't really sympathize with either character. BOTH are cheaters, so they deserve what they get. When you throw a door wide open, you can't get upset when people walk right through. He opened the door to the marriage, giving an open invitation to his wife to walk through it. "I was drunk" doesn't work as an excuse when a drunk driver ploughs into a pedestrian, and it isn't valid when you cheat. We've all been everything from stone sober, right up to alcohol induced coma, and everywhere in between, and still NEVER cheat. No matter how drunk I have ever been, I still always know not to drive after! A cheater will do just that; cheat. Drunk OR sober. The only difference is that a cheater thinks saying "I was drunk" is a get out of jail free card!

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
Liked it to a point.

He cheated! Granted he fessed up, doesn't excuse him. She tortured him, broke him. Ok, the burning him is one thing, refusing to let him see his kids, well that's a whole other ball game. Now here comes the first thing, his mom knew that she was looking to play games and didn't warn him? Second, had she sent Fran and not tried to ambush him that could be one thing, but she did. He did what we all expect of the other spouse, he fessed up due to guilt, he never cheated again even when being far from home, he sent money without being an ass about it, and he was ready to leave her be. Just wanted his kids. She reacted as expected, but should have opened her eyes when he quite his job. He also paid for his kids and something for her when he could. She sought him out. He was right when he gave the response in therapy when he was pissed about the separate bedrooms. He called a spade a spade and walked out. She failed to recognize that she would have to meet him half way at the least. I'm not saying that because he a man cheated but because she went after him. Don't forget she wasn't lilly white herself.

Just my opinion here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Idiotic

What was the dumb plot with Fran all about? To see if a guy, that has left his wife, a wife that is DIVORCING him, whom he intends to divorce, a wife that he hasn't spoken to in over a year, basically making them both single, will have sex with a woman that appears to want him? She wanted to see if her ex, (he was her ex, for all intents and purposes) would cheat, even if he is no longer in a relationship? Idiotic story.

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
her pride

was the reason why her kids were without their dad for so long. He started the whole mess by cheating but he was honest and told her.. she refused to listen to him or forgive him and instead went nuclear on him for a one time slipup and honestly if i were him i probably wouldnt have gotten back with her

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What is it with everyone on this site?

Seems everyone is in love with the past perfect tense. "If you would have told me ..." should have been "If you had told me ..." as in past tense. Isn't there anyone here who has an editor with even a half-assed grasp of the English language?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Reconciliation With A Cheater?

If this story had been about the wife cheating with an ex-boyfriend, everyone would be screaming for her blood. So, on behalf of the victims, the wife and the children, there is no way in Hell that hubby should be given a second chance with wife and no chance whatsoever to reconcile with her children. And I would rather drink battery acid than go to a marriage counselor. Reconciliation? You've got to be kidding me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

he is just a fucking asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Burning Bitch Festival

Slirp, I read this about as fast as I have read any story and you wrote it amazingly well. The writing withstood stood the Eyeball G-Force test. It flowed really really well.

This woman suffered bitterly from her husband's infidelity but she took it too far. To bust out your jew lawyers and keep a man from his own children, and keep children from their own father is a crime vastly worse than any one-night stand ever committed.

Marriage requires that each partner quell their bile to the extent they are able for the purpose of communicating at a basic level to keep the marriage functioning, even if it is for the purpose of ending the relationship.

This wife, with malice aforethought, took things to a very bad place by getting the State involved. It was simply not necessary at all. And one feels naturally that her bitterness was exacerbated by her own ego to use the corrupt judicial system to gratuitously burn her husband to the ground.

He was weak-minded. But to purposefully destroy his relationship with his children - and yes, that's what she did - that's an absolutely unforgiveable act. No genuine reconciliation after that would be possible.

By all means, hold the cheating husband up to scrutiny and censure. Call him out to the family and friends. Post videos on youtube, bla bla bla. But once you sic Schlomo on him and start sticking pins in the children like ju-ju dolls, you have raced headlong into a condition of total depravity.

I won't say that husband had no choice left to erase himself like he did, but it sure seemed that way. Generally speaking it is a cowardly thing to do - to run away. But if you are under the contrived threat of jail, etc, then "that's it" so to speak.

At any rate, they're both a piece of work. But the husband is a dabbler compared to her. Maybe there will be enough sex-induced amnesia to allow this marriage to last at least until graduation days have come and gone.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

This last commentator says it well.

As for the pedant worrying about what was it? future perfect?

OMG (trying to sound hip here), what an idiot.

This is a free story asswipe. If you had paid something to read it, I would get it.

But hell man, I have a 130 IQ (measured years ago, before it got dumbed down, hell by today's standards it is probably 200) and I don't know what the fuck you are talking about with future perfect junk.

That was a long time ago when schools cared more about teaching kids to read and write than they did whether they can put condoms on cucumbers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anon cheater comment

You are correct. She should have at least balanced the scales. Then again he did come clean when he didn't have a good reason to do so.

Guess that is5 my problem with him. He wasn't man enough to live with guilt as his punishment.

Anyway...real life serial cheating wife exposed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

She likes spreading stories someone figured they would be just like her in that regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

Very well written. I just think there's a limit as to how many hoops a man has to jump through to fix a marriage after he admits to cheating. Problem was, his wife wanted to completely destroy the guy, it seemed. Once he walked away he should have never given her another chance at all. He tried over and over to make amends but she just pushed harder. Once he walked he should have just kept on truckin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned".

I reckon women are no different than men when they're cheated upon. It's not just the matter of having your spouse offer their body and emotions to another lover - something they promised, in fact they vowed, would never happen. It's the implied or perceived rejection of the cheated spouse; that somehow they've been judged to be inferior when compared to the new lover, that they're inadequate in some way, for the spouse that cheated.

The cheated spouse automatically assumes the new lover offers something more, something extra, something that forevermore will diminish them in the eyes of their spouse - and even if reconciliation occurs, the cheater will always have secret fond memories of how much better it was with the lover. That's what's going through the head of the cheated spouse. That "loss of innocence"; their spouse will always know that better stuff is out there and available. Will they continue to search for it?

Linda overreacted, that much is obvious, but would we have judged her the same as we would have if the roles were reversed? If it was Linda that cheated, would we be cheering Dan for the TRO, having the cops arrest her, chasing her out of town, making her life miserable? I suppose we might learn from this story that at least a modicum of mercy, grace, must be made available to the cheater? Flogging someone anew for the same crime, over and over, for months or years on end, only creates a hardened criminal.

Or should we just chalk up Linda's response to her Fragile Female Ego?

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Good Stuff!

Well-written story of the devastation that cheating can cause and,the long road back in a relationship.

Was cool that the story ended with a bang!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a bunch of moron commenters!

The husband was a jerk. His wife had every right to shit on him. He had no excuse for his actions. If the rolls had been reversed, everyone would be saying that the husband should divorce the cheating wife!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous