All Comments on 'Fox Hunt Ch. 05'

by Frenemy54

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
verbicideverbicidealmost 12 years ago
What a horrible ending

So, no redemption for the heroes and the lesson is, being an unethical, hateful hag is the way to get ahead. I put up with the lack of eroticism in the hope that the story would have some sort of redeeming message. The problem is of course, it doesn't. Being smart without compassion or ethics is just as repugnant as relying on looks alone. Well written, but you could have put it in the horror category given its ultimate message: "Hate, spitefulness and terrorism are laudable, while compassion, heroism and sacrifice are worthy only of mockery".

sweetentitysweetentityalmost 12 years ago
:(

i don't like the ending,there was no redemption for the hero at all, the bad guy wins and gets the girl? with all that mushy "i love you" as tho they are human after what they did? i just don't get it, the other chapters were great but this ending just killed it for me

Loki_DarksongLoki_Darksongalmost 12 years ago
Endings are endings.

As a fan of both anime and Asian horror films, I have come to appreciate that not every story has a happy ending. Take a look at any of the Ju-On movies and its American Counterpart, The Grudge for good examples of that.

I know that many of you were looking for the captured Foxes to escape and perhaps deal with Vanessa and her team. I will admit that I was looking for that ending too. But as the tale progressed things appeared to be more complicated. This is not good versus evil. This is evil versus evil. The beginning of a war, with the captured Foxes as the first casualties.

And even they are not completely innocent, if what the good Dr. Payne is true. They were used to keep a corrupt system in power and they themselves were given weaknesses that not only kept them in check, but brought most of them to their downfall. Or does anyone who is complaining about this ending feel comfortable with just how Butter gave up everything, including her sister, just to have an orgasm?

It is not the ending you would have liked. But in all honesty, it is an ending that is fit for that world. Just be glad that you are not there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
The cost of writing...

I'm not gonna comment on this as if it is erotica. Rather I'm gonna comment on it as if it's a novella. The plot was very good. Writing could have used a bit of polishing, and the grammar and spelling weren't as good as they could have been. All in all however the STORY was good, and that's what mattered. I agree with the poster who had the comment about how the ending fit, and yet I can't help but think there could have been a slightly more positive ending. At any rate, good job and keep writing.

idrubloodidrubloodalmost 12 years ago
Well Done!

I think the ending fit perfectly despite what anyone else thinks. The world is not always black and white. The good guys always win only in fairy tales. In the real world, the bad guys do win sometimes. After reading the whole series, I believe this story would have done well in the Sci-fi/Fantasy section but that’s just a humble opinion. Hope to see more from you later on. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A fitting ending.

Honestly the ending fit, but it also leads to the possibility for more. As the story progressed it did become darker and darker (which I personally appreciate). After they were pretty well established as evil vrs evil (or evil vrs manipulated self centered in support of an evil system). redemption may still be in the works since even though butter's powers are lost, if her sister can get the powers she should be able to get them back... and possibly be less self centered and impressionable (her personality was suppressed not destroyed). plus if the good guys always win why bother.

Great job and thank you for sharing.

KingZellyKingZellyalmost 12 years ago
IN LOVE

Being a superhero junkie myself, i enjoyed this beyond belief. Put a whole new twist to a happy ending. May not have been for Butter but for Scarlet. In the shadows for so long she finally got what she wanted. This story in a way toyed with every readers mind believing that the good Foxes were going to prevail in this situation. love this story from start to finish. Looking forward to read more from you. ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Bad Bad Ending

Would have been better if the main heroine become a sex slave or mindless drone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Why!?

This story genuinely depressed me. Maybe someone else might appreciate the skill with which it was written, or the erotic content, or maybe even the unnexpected ending. But, for me, this single-handedly ruins the idea of superheroes, something that was created to entertain young children and teach them valuable morals. This story sends the exact opposite message, that right is wrong and wrong is right. You can tell right from wrong, good from evil, or moral from immoral by asking if the universe could survive if everyone followed that value. So, in this story, the moral is that the strong prey on the weak justbecause they can. Well, everyone would die off pretty quickly if everyone followed that rule. Maybe I'm too thick to understand the value behind this story, but for me, it was simply horrible.

Frenemy54Frenemy54almost 12 years agoAuthor
Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!!!

I suppose now would be a good time to step out from behind the curtain and comment on my work. I should preface this by saying that this series was originally written for another website which features superheroine erotica. Stories would usually involve a villain finally having his way with the heroine, and the impetus for Fox Hunt came from getting fed up with the childish resolutions. Villains would have the situation well in hand, and then lose it all due to outright stupidity.

"Aha, Wonder Woman! I shall go now to complete my fiendish scheme and leave you tied up here completeley unattended!"

"Oho, Supergirl! I will leave you now in an overly elaborate and easily escapable death trap!"

Superhero escapes, Villain defeated, order restored...yawn. The heroine is neck deep in the shit and ekes out a victory due to the villain's sheer incompetence. I began to imagine what it would be like if the heroine faced an opponent who wasn't a cartoonish bufoon. I wondered what it would be like if the villain was smart, driven, and above all, professional. Stories always ended with good conquering evil, so I decided to write a story about a villain who did it right.

I also wanted antagonists who could justify their actions. Villains never think of themselves as villains, indeed they believe they are heroes- they BELIEVE they are doing the right thing. I think Loki hit the nail on the head with his comments when he said that the confilct between Dr. Payne and the Institute is more Evil vs Evil. There is a deliberate moral ambiguity in the argument that I feel challenges the traditional superhero lore and raises the question "is a system under Vanessa Payne going to be that much different from life under the Institute?"

Most of the criticisms regarding the ending seem to stem from the fact that evil triumphed, and that it had a "bad moral". I want to make it clear that I never intended to teach a valuable life lesson with this story. Rather, I sought to affect people. People seem to either love it or hate it, and honestly, I couldn;t be happier. I am grateful for all feedback regarding this story (positive or negative) because either way, the outcome was important to you. It mattered, you CARED. And for that you have my thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very nice!

Great twist. The ending was not what I expected. It was a little depressing but not bad at all. It asks the question, will there be more? I truly hope so!

1Martiniman1Martinimanalmost 12 years ago
Fun story

This was a fun story up until the end, then it depressed me. I understand what the author was trying to do & I appreciate it. I have no problem with the actual outcome of the story, as my problem lies with the fact that I was wanting something more erotic. Maybe Butterscotch on a leash as her sisters mortal lesbian slave, forced to sexually satisfy her as they filmed her & showed it off to the world to discredit her name. The psychological horrid ending just didn't work for me. Still a 5 star story & worth a read, just don't expect an erotic ending.

Shadow_IncubusShadow_Incubusalmost 12 years ago
It was okay

The ending was just a bit too depressing. I already guessed that regan was probably behind it all after a while. All I'm saying is that there could have been better endings. Maybe something that would make the villains actually sorta look like heroes like actually doing something about the world instead of just taking pleasure in the downfall on the heroes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

I. Adored. This.

No other words for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
loved it

superbly written - absolutely loved this story - nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Muhahaha

I felt delightfully evil reading this series. I salute you, may you always find inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sucked

Bad ending bad story.

LunaWindLunaWindabout 10 years ago
Poor Butter

I really enjoyed the story up until what happened to Butterscotch Fox. That really ruined it for me. If she met a similar end to the others, in service of the new evil foxes, or if she somehow broke free and stopped them, I think it would have been a much better ending then what you chose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Got damn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous