All Comments on 'Friends Always'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Means a lot

A story that really gets at the sexual, the emotional and the fragility of both sides in a relationship involving TG

Onewhoknows12Onewhoknows12over 7 years ago
Might be the most realistic story on here.

And that's what makes it heartbreaking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Well..its true...Words.. can Destroy.... I wad really loving the over all..of your story... until the End... heartbroken...an Words simply cant express....

Being a trans..of 20yrs now... I understand. . Both their pain... But was never bad enough to hurt myself.....

AS Rupaul always says..."How the Hell you gonna love...someone Else if you Dont love yourself First"

LuvbttmsnsissiesLuvbttmsnsissiesover 7 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for adding the reality of the battle so many face. The battles for acceptance, respect, genuine caring, and to just be treated as a person. I am not a cd or transgendered, but know from others the shame that is cast upon them. The courage they show everyday just living what is in their hearts is absolutely remarkable.

Again, thank you.

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks All

Thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoyed my story. Writing about a transgender character was a fun challenge, a radical departure from my romance and erotic couplings offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh damn...

I was not expecting that at all. Very powerful. thank you.

I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I was in Chip's shoes.

Of course...I don't think I'd have done what he did to Ashley either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Unexpected

I've never written a comment on here before, but I had to after reading this. When I clicked on this story I anticipated an incredibly different story. This work touched me on a really personal level. I'm a straight male who obviously reads stories about transexual females.

This story has several parallels to my real life. I was a high school athelete who silently watched as my teammates and friends belittled an openly gay student in our class. I work in a bar that was frequented by a transsexual women who used to flirt with me before I gave her the cold shoulder after a co-worker commented about it. Despite my 6'6 frame I feel about an inch tall right now. Even writing this I'm too embarassed to create an account in the small chance its linked back to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Amazing story! Absolutely loved it!

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
Again, Thanks for the Positve Feedback

I didn't expect my story to resonate the way it has with some of the readers here. What a pleasant surprise that it does. A writer couldn't ask for a greater compliment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was different

In the way that it was written, as well as the way that it ended. I'm not to happy about the ending, to be honest lol. But it was still a good story. Just wish it had of ended a bit happier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not wrong... but...

well I'm glad I finished myself before I finished the story, you know?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
moving

Please allow me to thank you for this wonderful story. I thought it was written so well. I found it both moving and incredibly sad,i wonder how true your story reflects real life, so much joy, so much sadness. May god bless you and keep you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
beautiful love story

Excellent , sexy love story . The ending so close to reality for some in the trans community.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very passive

99% passive voice throughout. It felt like a documentary or maybe an attempt at a screenplay. A great story contained within, but the telling was flawed. Love to see you rework this and bring true life to it. You've got the talent, just need to learn the tools.

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
99% Passive???

I know what a passive narrative voice is but don't know how it applies to my story. Please explain.

cali_fraecali_fraeover 6 years ago
Late to the party

Im not sure how i missed this when it was 1st posted. Its wonderfully written & the ending...completely unexpected but sadly makes so much sense. If you ever decide to rewirite the ending it would make an excellent series but as a stand alone story it is amongst the best on this site in my opinion

CliterateDykeCliterateDykeover 6 years ago

This is so realistic, so thoughtful, beautifully written. The ending was so shocking,so unexpected that I just broke down in tears. I'm a lesbian but have a few trans friends & it is so shamefully terrible that this is a realistic portrayal of many a trans &straight relationships.

I feel awkward thanking you for sharing this. Of course I'd have loved a "happily ever after" ending but a cruel & realistic ending was so much more honest. This is one of those very few stories that will stay in my mind & heart forever. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece with us.

jenellesljenelleslalmost 6 years ago
Tragedy

Life doesn't always hand us what we want. This was well written, and happens all to often. Not just Trans and Cis, but it could have been Catholic, Jewish, or White, Negro, or any other "not normal" combination. I love when things reach a happy ending. Unfortunately, it ends as it did for Ashley and Chip.

He's going to live with PTSD the rest of his life. How will it affect his relations with others. Even with the tragic ending, I think you have some more insiteful stories on this theme. Perhaps after trials and tribulations he suicides also.

Well done. Perhaps you've left this one up to me to write the next chapter.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationover 4 years ago
Ah.

Well. This story was well written and did a respectable job of what I like in storytelling, letting us into the characters' thoughts. The tension was always there, but you kept them rolling with each other. At least, until her end.

I gotta say that I did like the story. It is a relevant commentary on societal intolerance and the devastating consequences it can have. Having said that, I didn't like the ending. I know, I know, it is a realistic one -something I don't come to this site for, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a wonderful, tragically realistic story. It is a shame it was so short, but a longer story would have made me angry by getting too invested in the characters. 5 stars! Not something I give often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just found this on Literotica even though it's been around for more than five years. Very thoughtful and well done story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very sad story broke my heart

BrendaNWBrendaNW9 months ago

Wow .. what a left turn .. into the wall .. I know very well how hard life is for a Transwoman and he should have been much kinder .. this became a very relevant social statement and tore at my heart .. it is hard to believe that Chip could have gotten over such a tragic event .. please be kind to everyone .. we are all unique

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A brutal twist at the end, leaving you feeling sad for both Ashley and Chip. He will be scarred for life and it is hard to see him genuinely recovering from the consequences of his very poor decision.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...